Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 03:13 PM   #401
Havok83
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
What is the new pic for?

Polaris appeared in Deadpoool andMercs for Money recently for two issues.
I think its another variant that Im not sure which book it belongs to

that wasnt Polaris but rather some alternate future version. 616 Polaris hasnt been seen since Magneto's old series IIRC

ETA: Google Image search works wonders. The book is X-men Blue #1

Old 03-15-2017, 04:02 PM   #402
The Infernal
Spinning Fidgeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
I miss 90s comic book hair
I miss 90s Jean Grey and costume and Rogue's costume.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:45 AM   #403
psylockolussus
Fierce User

The 90s costumes will always remain to be the best, I wouldn't mind if all of the team reused their 90s costume with the artist updating them a little bit.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:38 AM   #404
Sithborg
About time Filoni

Mullets, mullets everywhere.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:36 AM   #405
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
The 90s costumes will always remain to be the best, I wouldn't mind if all of the team reused their 90s costume with the artist updating them a little bit.
Excessive use of pouches, headgear that makes no sense and oddly placed underwear. It was fine back then but they look highly outdated today

Old 03-17-2017, 11:19 AM   #406
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored

Not in that Andy Kubert Art-
1) Gambit is in the same damn outfit
2) Rogue has pouches NOW, didn't then
3) Jean and QS's outfits are more complicated and ugly now then they were then... I also feel jeans headgear was awesome
4) The only one wearing underwear on the old cover is Magneto, and his classic look is better than the new costume, imo.... The underoos were replaced by a really uncomfortable and overly detailed bulge

Old 03-17-2017, 11:33 AM   #407
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Not in that Andy Kubert Art-
1) Gambit is in the same damn outfit
2) Rogue has pouches NOW, didn't then
3) Jean and QS's outfits are more complicated and ugly now then they were then... I also feel jeans headgear was awesome
4) The only one wearing underwear on the old cover is Magneto, and his classic look is better than the new costume, imo.... The underoos were replaced by a really uncomfortable and overly detailed bulge
Just there but Psylockolussus said all the teams should go back to their 90s looks. If you go back to the 90s, what I said holds true for a vast number of characters. I loved it back then but reading old books and that stuff looks cringeworthy. Especially Cyclops, who's I loved in TAS but yikes! now. Ditto on Havok

Old 03-19-2017, 04:41 PM   #408
psylockolussus
Fierce User

But they can. I also said update them a little but which means no yellow underwear for Magneto and Cyclops and other questionable designs. Use the 90s costumes then update them. Anyway they always Goback to those costumes. Jubilee, Rogue, Gambit, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, and now Bishop.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:55 PM   #409
CaptainWagner
Bob Newby: Superhero

I for one have absolutely ZERO interest in seeing the mess that was 90's costume design make a comeback.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:21 AM   #410
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

I think the 90s looks could easily come back... and be slightly updated.

as for functionality? sorry.. these are comic books.. with brightly colored spandex and cloth that doesn't work in real world physics... these are fantasies.... and the 90s looks are no more dated than Captain America's costume.... they're a hell of alot better than that monstrosity Emma is now wearing... and realistic functions get us the Morrison Era leather costumes.. which were boring and garbage...

Old 03-20-2017, 06:59 PM   #411
psylockolussus
Fierce User

What was the reason again for Emma wearing black clothes? Her white wardrobe was such a fashion statement. The semi matrix look doesn't suit her. The change didn't make sense to me.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:18 PM   #412
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
What was the reason again for Emma wearing black clothes? Her white wardrobe was such a fashion statement. The semi matrix look doesn't suit her. The change didn't make sense to me.
She first went black when she was in Dark X-men and that in and of itself was a statement about her switching alignment. I dont think a reason was given when she changed in Uncanny X-men vol 3 other than Bachalo wanted to design something different for her. To be fair she only wore white bc she was the White Queen. She probably should have started experimenting with other colors after she left the HFC. In that sense it didnt make sense that they kept that up even years long past her affiliation with the Inner Circle severed

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
I think the 90s looks could easily come back... and be slightly updated.

as for functionality? sorry.. these are comic books.. with brightly colored spandex and cloth that doesn't work in real world physics... these are fantasies.... and the 90s looks are no more dated than Captain America's costume.... they're a hell of alot better than that monstrosity Emma is now wearing... and realistic functions get us the Morrison Era leather costumes.. which were boring and garbage...
Oh IDA. Those costumes were awesome at the time

Last edited by Havok83; 03-20-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:21 PM   #413
psylockolussus
Fierce User

She should go back to wearing white outfits. Before I confused her with Magik when she was still wearing the black outfit during the Cyclops revolution days. Something about her recent outfits doesn't feel very Emma. I also hate that she might be wearing a helmet soon. So unfashionable for her.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:29 PM   #414
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
She should go back to wearing white outfits. Before I confused her with Magik when she was still wearing the black outfit during the Cyclops revolution days. Something about her recent outfits doesn't feel very Emma. I also hate that she might be wearing a helmet soon. So unfashionable for her.
its hard to confuse them when Illyana had her signature bangs and that stupid headgear. Bachalo drew Emma with short hair at the time. There are several blondes that are easily confused but I think both were drawn with enough differences that that wasnt much of an issue

Old 03-20-2017, 08:16 PM   #415
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I stopped reading comics in 2011 and was just seeing comic book covers, so it confused me that there were two blondes with an all black outfit. I knew the other was Magik but I wasn't sure if the other one was Emma. Anyway, she stands out more with an all white ensemble.

Old 03-21-2017, 03:20 PM   #416
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored

http://newsarama.com/33666-marvel-ju...citations.html

So who do we think this new Wolverine type character is..??
(Yes, there's another wolverine... Cuz that's necessary)

Looks like there's some blonde hair under there... Maybe his son from the Ultimate U?
And how funny will it be if Scott still can't get jeans undivided attention because of a wolverine? Poor Scott...

And lastly, what the hell is up with that art for mighty Thor... Is Odin the new Ultimate hammer wielder???...and Dautermann is usually much better than that too, it's some ugly art

Old 03-22-2017, 09:08 PM   #417
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I'm tired of Wolverine... Well oml is like everywhere right now so sigh.

Anyway, I wish Psylocke just killed Magneto. I don't know why I dislike Magneto so much. I always see him as a villain that the comics forced to be like an anti hero because he's popular to the readers. eh. I'm tired of him.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:21 PM   #418
Havok83
Side-Kick

Magneto as an anti-hero makes more sense than he as a villian. The X-world fundamentally changed with HoM so the character development we've had since is more of a natural progression. Even before that he wasnt evil as seen in Excalibur and that was Claremont rectifying Marvel trashing all the character progression he gave him back in the 80s. His last act of villiany was 16 years ago in Eve of Destruction. He's one of the greatest X-men and his change is earned and definitely was not forced. He is still very much Magneto too as he isnt completely good. The character we see written today is very much in line with the Magneto from 10, 20 or 30 years ago. So much has changed in the last decade that gives proper context to why he is the way he is now and it works

Old 03-22-2017, 09:30 PM   #419
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I think the main reason why I dislike him is when he's with the X-Men, he just takes screentime from the other X-Men. Like you can't really put him in the background, its like the movies. Imo, he should keep doing his mutant thing but not just with the X-Men. Like give him his Brotherhood of Mutants or acolytes but like theX-Men should be about the students of Xavier.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:34 PM   #420
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think the main reason why I dislike him is when he's with the X-Men, he just takes screentime from the other X-Men. Like you can't really put him in the background, its like the movies. Imo, he should keep doing his mutant thing but not just with the X-Men. Like give him his Brotherhood of Mutants or acolytes but like theX-Men should be about the students of Xavier.
IDA. He wasnt hogging up panel time in Uncanny X-men v2 or v3 or even v1 when Fraction brought him back into the fold. The current volume? Bunn did a great job of giving all 6 main members decent paneltime with their own subplots. Well less so Archangel but that makes sense considering he was barely much of a person here

and X-men Blue will be about the students of Xavier. Its looking to be similarly to how it was in the New Mutant days where he served as mentor to the younger generation. The O5 are all over all the covers and they'll be the primary focus here. Magneto is "dead" so his exposure will be limited at least at first as he aligns himself with them

Old 03-22-2017, 09:45 PM   #421
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I personally think he needs a time off. Anyway he should be forming his own team like he did before instead of being a member of the X-Men, though that is the writers' fault.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:48 PM   #422
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
I personally think he needs a time off. Anyway he should be forming his own team like he did before instead of being a member of the X-Men, though that is the writers' fault.
I think he's already done that. Elixir and Exodus are with him and in a recent interview, Bunn revealed that 4 other characters know Magneto is alive

Old 03-22-2017, 09:50 PM   #423
psylockolussus
Fierce User

But he is mentoring the time displaced X-Men those are X-Men, so he's still there.

I just don't think he belongs to the X-Men.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:55 PM   #424
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
But he is mentoring the time displaced X-Men those are X-Men, so he's still there.

I just don't think he belongs to the X-Men.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Its not that simple. He enters the book as their enemy. We wont find out until issue #2 what some of his motives are and why he and Jean decide to work together (she convinces the team to align themselves with Magneto)

Old 03-23-2017, 04:42 AM   #425
zenith16
Side-Kick

well some magneto will be taken over by hydra as well as part ofthe secret empire thing . So we'll see.

Closed Thread