Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - Part 7

Old 03-20-2017, 06:48 AM   #652
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
You know because I don't like Amy as Lois I would be ok with them having a 2nd Lois in the universe and she pops in and dates Cav-El.
Well, if they would ever go THAT route, technically, the Post-Crisis Lois Lane and the New52 Lois Lane are dopplegangers of each other. The same character from different Earth's and parallel timelines so even though you don't like Amy as Lois, the second Lois Lane in this universe you would be talking about would be played by..uh..Amy Adams lol.

Suicide Squad : 2
Wonder Woman: 3
Justice League
Aquaman
Old 03-20-2017, 09:02 AM   #653
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlite View Post
^thanks for that article.

I find once you become a parent, your perspective on MOS changes.

In the Kryptonian prologue, Kal-El's mom was so good that I could relate to every single line she said, and everything they do, is for their child.

Then when Jonathan said "maybe" in response to the bus rescue, I'd have thought, or said the same thing if it was my daughter.

Imagine some kids were drowning in the sea, and your child's an excellent swimmer, would you want your kid to get help from the professionals, or watch him/her dive into the sea and trying to save them?

I bet most parents would want their kids to call for help instead of risking their lives for other kids they don't know. In Clark's case - possible torture and slow death by government's labs, if his secret was discovered.

But every parent's nightmare would be, when the question of "what about doing the "right" thing?" and that's why Jonathan went on to tell him that there's going to be a time to be significant and change the world, showing he acknowledges what Clark will become, but that doesn't take away his worry for his son. The confused tone of "maybe" pretty much sums up the feeling of a "realistic" parent, not a black and white one.
As a parent myself. I got and get that.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:04 AM   #654
Blitzkrieg Boy
God Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
This frelling place... Shiva H. Vishnu...
Damn it, Krypton INC. You forgot to mention Lord Brahma.

Lord Maheshwar, Lord Brahma & Lord Vishnu, that completes our (Hindu) Holy Trinity.

Old 03-20-2017, 03:04 PM   #655
Black Narcissus
Bad MF

So how you Supes fans feel about WW possibly
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
flying
in her film? You jelly or nah?

Old 03-20-2017, 03:09 PM   #656
Ryudoz
Cleaning woman?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Narcissus View Post
flying
It has been shown to be a power of hers. It would make sense. Put me down for "nah".

Old 03-20-2017, 03:37 PM   #657
Superchan
Side-Kick

Quote:
flying
Nah but I also hear that WW has the invisible jet, which is far cooler and more technological than the bat plane, so jelly or nah? back at ya.

Old 03-20-2017, 03:50 PM   #658
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

Quote:
flying
Meh...

Old 03-20-2017, 04:55 PM   #659
Mad Love
The Future of Justice

They jelly that WW is as strong if not stronger than Superman. Also, she brings more hope and inspiration.

and she's the best fighter in the DCEU universe - geoff johns

#futureofjustice

Old 03-20-2017, 05:23 PM   #660
Wolfgangamadeus
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Love View Post
They jelly that WW is as strong if not stronger than Superman. Also, she brings more hope and inspiration.

and she's the best fighter in the DCEU universe - geoff johns

#futureofjustice
That I'm really jelly not going to lie. So many videos on youtube about how WW is the Superman of the DCEU

But as far as flying goes, I hope she can that'll be cool. We need more people who can fly in the line up. The JLA had 5 members who could fly.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:26 PM   #661
Da-Scribe
Side-Kick

Superman takes like a week or two to figure his stuff out...not heroic.

Wonder Woman bails on humanity for a century...the pinnacle of hope and inspiration.

Never change fanboys.

Haters are going to hate regardless...it's what they do...they are haters....Haters gonna hate. "F" them...you don't need to appease them...let them live their hater lives until they die early of hate related diseases
- RoachCorp mission statement
Old 03-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #662
misslane38
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Scribe View Post
Superman takes like a week or two to figure his stuff out...not heroic.

Wonder Woman bails on humanity for a century...the pinnacle of hope and inspiration.

Never change fanboys.
Superman was also the one who inspired Wonder Woman and Batman. His sacrifice paved the way for other superheroes to come forward and be accepted. They weren't selling Wonder Woman t-shirts in Suicide Squad.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:31 PM   #663
Da-Scribe
Side-Kick

Lol, I meant it more as a joke. I don't wanna make this a Superman v Wonder Woman thing. I like both quite a bit and can't wait to see more of them.

Haters are going to hate regardless...it's what they do...they are haters....Haters gonna hate. "F" them...you don't need to appease them...let them live their hater lives until they die early of hate related diseases
Old 03-20-2017, 05:37 PM   #664
misslane38
Side-Kick

Quote:
Lol, I meant it more as a joke. I don't wanna make this a Superman v Wonder Woman thing. I like both quite a bit and can't wait to see more of them.
Don't get me wrong. I love Wonder Woman, and she inspires me just as much as Superman does. I am confident she'll bring hope and inspiration to the world in her upcoming film. I just wanted to be clear that if Superman inspired Wonder Woman in the DCCU, then I find it difficult to make a case that she has been and will be portrayed as the more hopeful and inspiring character in the cinematic universe.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:42 PM   #665
Da-Scribe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
Don't get me wrong. I love Wonder Woman, and she inspires me just as much as Superman does. I am confident she'll bring hope and inspiration to the world in her upcoming film. I just wanted to be clear that if Superman inspired Wonder Woman in the DCCU, then I find it difficult to make a case that she has been and will be portrayed as the more hopeful and inspiring character in the cinematic universe.
Yeah, I mean hopefully they don't downplay that she eventually did adopt a cynical worldview. I know it goes against all the PR crap they've been doing, but I'd still like to see what caused it.

Plus that whole hope and inspiration thing is something I really want Supes to continue to own. Not that all the other members should be downers. They all obviously have a bit of hope otherwise they wouldn't be doing what they're doing. But I just would like to see Supes continue to be the beacon of it all that he's been built up to be. The guy has more than earned it.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:18 PM   #666
Question
The White Wolf

Superman basically paved the way for every hero in the DCEU, that was one of the things I liked in SS. They actually show that Superman's sacrifice was appreciated.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:22 PM   #667
Mad Love
The Future of Justice

Superman is the sacrificial lamb but that means he isn't a founding member of the Justice League. He's sleeping 6ft under. Wonder Woman saved Batman and Superman's lives in BvS. She might be the most integral person to bring the JL together if Batman sucks at recruiting.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:31 PM   #668
misslane38
Side-Kick

Quote:
Superman is the sacrificial lamb but that means he isn't a founding member of the Justice League. He's sleeping 6ft under. Wonder Woman saved Batman and Superman's lives in BvS. She might be the most integral person to bring the JL together if Batman sucks at recruiting.
He's a founding member if the team isn't really a team until he joins it. If Batman and Wonder Woman's plan is to just bring a few heroes together to fight one fight, but it's Superman who inspires them to actually form a team that intends to regularly communicate and collaborate, then he's a founding member. If the team is on the brink of breaking apart and Superman's intervention is the catalyst for the team to cohere and win, then he's a founding member. If he has anything to do with the naming of the team or plays any other role in establishing the leadership or functioning of the team, then he's a founding member. If he fights alongside the team, and leads the team to victory, during its first big test, then he's a founding member. Each member of the Trinity and the Justice League, I suspect, will play some sort of significant and vital role in its formation.

Continuing on the subject of Superman as an inspirational hero, I loved these little touches in the Ultimate Cut version of BvS:

Old 03-20-2017, 06:39 PM   #669
Da-Scribe
Side-Kick

Rocky might have gotten involved in the Cold War late in the game, but there is no doubt that he saved the world and united two opposing countries when he knocked that big ass Russian out.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:59 PM   #670
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Rocky might have gotten involved in the Cold War late in the game, but there is no doubt that he saved the world and united two opposing countries when he knocked that big ass Russian out.
Russia huh... Has somebody been watching the news?

Lois Lane
Jessica Chastain, Natalie Dormer, Scarlett Johansson

Old 03-20-2017, 07:00 PM   #671
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

Quote:
He's dead in one sentence and in the very next sentence Wonder Woman saved his life.... He also saved everybody (7 billion + but who's counting?)... again... including Batfleck and WonderGal when he died. LOL whuuuuuut?

Old 03-20-2017, 07:05 PM   #672
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Um I remember WW saving Batman but never saving Superman. If anything she was struggling to contain DD and Superman delivered the killing blow.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:38 PM   #673
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

In MOS he saved their lives before he even met them.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #674
Wolfgangamadeus
Banned User

But yet people still seem to think Wonder Woman is bringing the hope and inspiration so a lot more work needs to be done on the Superman front. I've read quite a few posts and seen videos from people indicated that she's taken up the truth, justice and American way boyscout (or in this case girlscout?) mantle.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:01 PM   #675
misslane38
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgangamadeus View Post
But yet people still seem to think Wonder Woman is bringing the hope and inspiration so a lot more work needs to be done on the Superman front. I've read quite a few posts and seen videos from people indicated that she's taken up the truth, justice and American way boyscout (or in this case girlscout?) mantle.
I haven't seen much of that (nothing really), and if so it's idiotic.