Default Re: FOX Shared Universe

This thread:

Old 02-20-2015, 11:23 AM   #252
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Of course the movie goers would give a crap! ItsX-Men with another superhero Marvel team!

Also it could be the highest grossing film with the Fantastic Four.
The X-men and the FF teaming up makes no sense. There would be no real need for that movie, and Fox would not sully how good their X-men franchise is doing right now by bringing in the FFINO.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:26 AM   #253
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Marvel has been crossing over characters since 2008, leading to the first superhero mash up in 2012. DC is crossing over their most iconic characters next year.

FOX has held these licensing agreements since the 90s. What exactly do you think they are waiting for?
WB could've made Superman vs Batman back in the 70's

They are waiting for FF to get good word of mouth it's obvious

Old 02-20-2015, 11:28 AM   #254
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMinesMarvel View Post
WB could've made Superman vs Batman back in the 70's

They are waiting for FF to get good word of mouth it's obvious
Isn't there still talk that they can't do a crossover without permission from Marvel?
I think that if they were allowed, we would have heard of it by now.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:28 AM   #255
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post
The X-men and the FF teaming up makes no sense. There would be no real need for that movie, and Fox would not sully how good their X-men franchise is doing right now by bringing in the FFINO.
Fantastic Four was the first team X-Men crossed over with in the 60's written by Stan Lee

Old 02-20-2015, 11:29 AM   #256
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

Quote:
Isn't there still talk that they can't do a crossover without permission from Marvel?
I think that if they were allowed, we would have heard of it by now.
No they don't shoot there load years and years in advance.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:30 AM   #257
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

Quote:
Fantastic Four was the first team X-Men crossed over with in the 60's written by Stan Lee
Okay, and? Do they have a long storied history together like Spider-man and the Human torch or Captain America and Iron Man? No, they don't. I've been reading Marvel comics for over a decade and there is no real tangible connection between the two teams that would work on screen other than "well we've got the rights to both, so let's throw them in a movie and see what happens".

Old 02-20-2015, 11:32 AM   #258
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-er View Post
I agree, but arguing that the X-Men are diverse is misleading when Fox portrays white males heroically and several minorities in flawed, helpless, and villanous ways.

Marvel is planning to show world audiences the first minority heroes, way ahead of Fox, with Agent Carter, Captain Marvel, Black Panther.... And I'm neither in favor of Fox nor Marvel here. I just think it's regrettable for Fox because the X-Men are my heroes. They're the ones I look up to, but they haven't put them on screen yet.
What are you talking about? There is minimal diversity in Phase 1 & 2. Look at the Avengers Line Up there's only one female with powers. Everyone else is a white Male and then a American Black Widow

Old 02-20-2015, 11:43 AM   #259
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

You MCU fans swarm anything that other people like that doesn't involve you.

X-Men x Fantastic Four

Fantastic Four x Wolverine

X-Men vs Fantastic Four

Ultimate X-Men vs Ultimate Fantastic Four

Old 02-20-2015, 11:46 AM   #260
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

Ultimate X-Men vs Fantastic Four

Human Torch & Iceman are good friends

Last edited by MakeMinesMarvel; 02-20-2015 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:52 AM   #261
def28
Side-Kick

Old 02-20-2015, 11:56 AM   #262
Lip
Side-Kick

Marvel has Agent Carter, a TV show starred by a female hero. Jessica Jones is coming this year and Captain Marvel has been announced as well. That's more that Fox has been doing with their female characters, specially considering X-Men are known for the female protagonism in the comics and the fact that Fox holds the rights of the best and most famous Marvel female characters.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:57 AM   #263
Krak66
Side-Kick

What a butthurt here

Always complaining about lack of superhero female characters, characters of color and bla bla bla. I want a good movie I don't care what color of skin or gender the characters are.

Crossover for the sake of crossover - FOX maybe is stupid but not so stupid

Old 02-20-2015, 12:03 PM   #264
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

Quote:
What are you talking about? There is minimal diversity in Phase 1 & 2. Look at the Avengers Line Up there's only one female with powers. Everyone else is a white Male and then a American Black Widow
Marvel is doing more for female characters now than arguably any other studio, certainly fox. Like someone else brought up, Agent Carter, Captain Marvel, Jessica Jones? What else other than Wonder Woman and Supergirl can compare to that?
Quote:
You MCU fans swarm anything that other people like that doesn't involve you.
What? I like the X-men movies, I just know that a crossover between the two doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Especially when the X-men franchise is doing fine on it's own. You can post as many comic book covers as you want, doesn't prove your point. I could put up a picture of Spider-man and Powdered Toast Man together, doesn't mean that crossover would be fitting for the big screen.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:10 PM   #265
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

Quote:
You can post as many comic book covers as you want, doesn't prove your point.
Just wanna make sure you didn't miss any crossovers in your decade of comic reading.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:12 PM   #266
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

Quote:
Marvel is doing more for female characters now than arguably any other studio, certainly fox. Like someone else brought up, Agent Carter, Captain Marvel, Jessica Jones? What else other than Wonder Woman and Supergirl can compare to that?
You and your MCU allies brought that up not me.

1 - Not one of those actors hold a candle to Jennifer Lawrence

2 - Not one of those characters can compare to Invisible Girl or Marvel Girl or Storm

Old 02-20-2015, 12:13 PM   #267
JEM
Side-Kick

IMO, the most popular X men are Wolverine, Cyclop, Jean, Storm, Xavier, Magneto, Beast, Kitty, Colossus, Rogue, Gambit. Most are white expect Storm. Of course, you have Psylocke, Bishop, Jubilee or others characters but the white characters are more fans.
Diversity among X men is true but the minorities ( asian, black, latino, gay) aren't the most popular (exect Storm) .

It is why i think expand the universe is a good solution for this. For exemple, i prefer see Psylocke in X force .

Last edited by JEM; 02-20-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:13 PM   #268
def28
Side-Kick

There is nothing major between the X-Men and F4. GOTG, Avengers, Spider-Man and just about any other major Marvel characters are more connected to them.

Unlike Avengers and Justice League there is no reason for these teams to have a separate franchise to crossover into.

Fox has not even done this with separate X-Men teams and characters yet. Deadpool will be the first.

Last edited by def28; 02-20-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:16 PM   #269
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

Quote:
Okay, and? Do they have a long storied history together like Spider-man and the Human torch or Captain America and Iron Man? No, they don't. I've been reading Marvel comics for over a decade and there is no real tangible connection between the two teams that would work on screen other than "well we've got the rights to both, so let's throw them in a movie and see what happens".
Professor X & Mr. Fantastic are in the illuminati

Human Torch and Iceman are great friends

Wolverine and Thing smoke cigars and play poker

Magneto and Doom team up often

Old 02-20-2015, 12:18 PM   #270
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
There is nothing major between the X-Men and F4. GOTG, Avengers, Spider-Man and just about any other major Marvel characters are more connected to them.
Reed and Sue have a MUTANT son who dates Cyclops and Jeans daughter.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:19 PM   #271
def28
Side-Kick

None of that warrants a crossover they are kids themselevs right now.

Until Franklin is even introduced in these films there is nothing there except wanting to trend with other studios. It's forced and dumb when X-Men still have much needed development. If they want to play the crossover game then go to Marvel so they can crossover witth the big leagues and be with characters they actually interact with heavily.

Otherwise make a SS film and cross him with F4. That actually makes sense.

Last edited by def28; 02-20-2015 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:23 PM   #272
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

Quote:
Just wanna make sure you didn't miss any crossovers in your decade of comic reading.
Again, should I post pictures of Spider-man and howard the duck teaming up? Or Powdered Toast man? No one said they never crossed over in the comics, but look at how many people saying there aren't any important connections worth exploring in a crossover film.
At this point you're spamming and making this thread longer to scroll for everyone.
Quote:
You and your MCU allies brought that up not me.

1 - Not one of those actors hold a candle to Jennifer Lawrence

2 - Not one of those characters can compare to Invisible Girl or Marvel Girl or Storm
Quit being petty.
1. Debatable. Not to mention that Mystique's whole arc, especially in the first movie, was the push/pull between two men as to who would win her loyalty. Not exactly a progressive arc for that character.

2. Again, debatable. We haven't even seen how Fox handles the invisible girl, yet here you are saying that none of those characters can stack up to her? So you've already made up your mind, interesting.
Quote:
Professor X & Mr. Fantastic are in the illuminati

Human Torch and Iceman are great friends

Wolverine and Thing smoke cigars and play poker

Magneto and Doom team up often

Reed and Sue have a MUTANT son
And none of those tenuous connections will be used in the movie, because those are all great side stories in the comics, but they require a bigger universe in place for them to actually make sense. They also require a solid adaption of the FF that will be worth crossing over, but it seems that Fox themselves aren't even that confident in their Fant4stic film. It's obvious your mind has already been made up and you won't take any of this into consideration, but I just want to put it out there so that when we never get a FF/X-men crossover it will makes sense to those who thought that would be a possibility.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:26 PM   #273
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

Quote:
Until Franklin is even introduced in these films there is nothing there except wanting to trend with other studios. It's forced and dumb when X-Men still have much needed development. If they want to play the crossover game then go to Marvel so they can crossover witth the big leagues and be with characters they actually interact with heavily.

/thread.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:26 PM   #274
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

Quote:
None of that warrants a crossover they are kids themselevs right now.

Until Franklin is even introduced in these films there is nothing there except wanting to trend with other studios. It's forced.
The #1 & #2 Earth Based Marvel Villians teaming up doesn't warrant a crossover?

Galactus doesn't warrant a crossover?

Skrull/Shi'ar conflict doesn't warrant a crossover?

We've had time travel in DoFP and X-Men Apocalypse is debuting Alien Tech. It's only gonna delve deeper True Believers

Old 02-20-2015, 12:29 PM   #275
def28
Side-Kick

Those villains def do. Just not with only the X-Men and F4.

Delve deeper? We still can't even get a proper Emma Frost or Rogue. Cycops has led how many films? And you want a forced crossover in a world that works better on it's own so we can get time away from all the X-Men more?

**** that. This franchise is just now starting to get good with the possibilities.

Only X-Men who should crossover is Storm in Black Panther, and since that ain't happening just leave the X-Men be.

Last edited by def28; 02-20-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Closed Thread