The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Old 11-18-2017, 10:15 AM   #51
lime
Movie critic

Default Re: The Official ''Fantastic Beasts 2: The Crimes of Grindelwald” Thread

How old is Dumbledore in this film? In he's late 40s or early 50s?

Old 11-18-2017, 10:42 AM   #52
terry78
Will you shut up?!

Default Re: The Official ''Fantastic Beasts 2: The Crimes of Grindelwald” Thread

Rowling says he was born in 1881, so.....

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:43 AM   #53
lime
Movie critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Rowling says he was born in 1881, so.....
So he is 45. Nice. Jude Law is a good choice age wise.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:00 PM   #54
Silvermoth
Avenger

Oh that's cool.

The one thing I want this franchise to answer is why Voldemort feared dumbledore so much

Old 11-18-2017, 07:29 PM   #55
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Probably because Dumbledore saw right through Voldemort. Saw right through to the boy that Dumbledore found in an orphanage. Dumbledore knew Tom Riddle, and watched him grow. Voldemort wanted to erase Tom Riddle. Dumbledore never would let him. Dumbledore didn't fear Voldemort, and that probably frustrated Voldemort. And Dumbledore was extremely powerful and incredibly smart. Add it all together and Dumbledore was a serious mind **** for Voldemort.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:00 PM   #56
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

I'm looking forward to his.

DaddlerTheDalek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:50 PM   #57
jmc
away for a while

I would have thought the title would have follow in line with the first one - ‘Fantastic Beasts and...’

jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:53 PM   #58
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Probably because Dumbledore saw right through Voldemort. Saw right through to the boy that Dumbledore found in an orphanage. Dumbledore knew Tom Riddle, and watched him grow. Voldemort wanted to erase Tom Riddle. Dumbledore never would let him. Dumbledore didn't fear Voldemort, and that probably frustrated Voldemort. And Dumbledore was extremely powerful and incredibly smart. Add it all together and Dumbledore was a serious mind **** for Voldemort.
Also Dumbledore was the only wizard who could match Voldemort in terms of power/skill as well.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:11 PM   #59
antsman41
Belongs To Prince

...read all of the novels for the first time in March/April. Then watched the films as well over the summer.

Just watched the first Fantastic Beasts today, very excited for the sequel.

My rankings;

Deathly Hallows p2 [damn, that last hour or so is the finest of the series]
Deathly Hallows p1 [love seeing the trio traveling around in landscapes, HP series deserved more of this]
Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them [this makes me want a 1960's Wizarding World film]
Half-Blood Prince [when the design/cinematography finally stretched it's arms]
Prisoner Of Azkaban [my favorite book, a great director... but, something was lost]
Goblet Of Fire [strong, helped condense the beginning of the book]
Order Of The Phoenix [same as the book, too long-too much of a lead up piece]
Chamber Of Secrets [still bogged down by the cgi/look, but made me appreciate the book more]
Sorcerer's Stone [only benefit is that it started it all, and the casting deserves credit for the future...]

Last edited by antsman41; 11-19-2017 at 03:18 PM.
antsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:02 PM   #60
lime
Movie critic

I just realized something. This movie series will conclude with Dumbledore and Grindelwald's huge duel in 1945. But Dumbledore meets young Tom Riddle in 1937. So we might see it in movie 3 or 4? It would be cool if we see this as it was really brief in Half-Blood Prince.

PS: Since the duel is in 1945, Dumbledore will be 64 by then. How will they make Jude Law 64? Makeup?

Old 11-26-2017, 05:18 AM   #61
psylockolussus
Fierce User

CGI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
I would have thought the title would have follow in line with the first one - ‘Fantastic Beasts and...’
That's what I thought.

Old 12-02-2017, 06:09 AM   #62
lime
Movie critic

OK, is there a HP manic like me who can't wait to buy that gorgeous Dumbledore wand?

I already have The Elder Wand, McGonagal's and Snape's in my collection.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:17 AM   #63
lime
Movie critic

New Pictures:

Old 12-07-2017, 01:35 PM   #64
terry78
Will you shut up?!

Rowling apparantly has had to defend the casting of Depp as Grindelwald to fans, lol.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:11 PM   #65
lime
Movie critic

Nothing wrong with Johnny Depp. When given good material he can give good performances. I believe he will be great in this.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:13 PM   #66
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by lime View Post
Nothing wrong with Johnny Depp. When given good material he can give good performances. I believe he will be great in this.
Uh I think more people were upset considering the allegations against Depp beating Amber Heard. Not necessarily his performances

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:17 PM   #67
lime
Movie critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Uh I think more people were upset considering the allegations against Depp beating Amber Heard. Not necessarily his performances
Yes, allegations . I believe it's not true. I believe that in this case the Amber Hears is to blame for Depp's breakdown.

Anyway, let's not go off topic.

I am so happy with Jude Law's casting. He has such charm and goodness in him that he can be the best Dumbledore.

Also I really liked the character of Newt so I can't wait to see more of him.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:23 PM   #68
Blackman
C'mon Son

I'm not saying they aren't allegations.im just saying more people were upset about that than his performance. Which from your reply, seems to be the impression you had.

Im just saying why Rowling said something. If it wasn't about allegations against Depp she wouldn't say anything

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:24 PM   #69
lime
Movie critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I'm not saying they aren't allegations.im just saying more people were upset about that than his performance. Which from your reply, seems to be the impression you had.

Im just saying why Rowling said something. If it wasn't about allegations against Depp she wouldn't say anything
Yeah, I got that.

Any ideas when we might get a teaser trailer?