The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Iron Fist

Old 12-05-2017, 05:44 PM   #176
Slick
Yup

Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Synopsis for season 2
Quote:
In the second season of “Marvel’s Iron Fist,” Danny Rand, The Immortal Iron Fist and Colleen Wing set off on a new adventure as the protectors of Chinatown in NYC – where death, action and surprises await them around every corner.
https://news.marvel.com/tv/81544/acc...els-iron-fist/

Old 12-05-2017, 05:44 PM   #177
Slick
Yup

Edit: Damn double post

Old 12-05-2017, 06:16 PM   #178
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Maybe she's playing Brenda Swanson from Iron Fist: The Living Weapon? That would be my first guess.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:18 PM   #179
Iceman
Infinity War!

Hopefully next season improves. I'll be watching.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:59 PM   #180
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Yeah I will give next season a shot. Iron Fist S1 was flawed, but it had its good points. I think critics were overly harsh. IMHO even Jessica Jones and Luke Cage had flaws, but they didn't become more apparent until the second half. For Iron Fist it was the reverse. A really weak first half, but a stronger second half.

However, I'm also concerned about Raven Metzner. Can he really take on this show and reverse a lot of the harsh views against it? I loved Sleepy Hollow early on, but the later seasons sort of killed it for me. When did he come on to Sleepy Hollow?

Also, he co-wrote the 2005 Elektra movie.

- CM Punk
Old 12-05-2017, 08:58 PM   #181
Slick
Yup

Raven joined the writing staff in season 2.

Old 12-05-2017, 10:13 PM   #182
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Yeah I mean I hope he can acknowledge and see the flaws of the first season and make some course corrections without making things worse for Iron Fist. However, if he's going to take an oblivious attitude toward what didn't work in the first season, it's going to be tough.

IMHO, season 2 of Sleepy Hollow is sort of when the show started getting derailed. It seems they didn't know what to do at all after they killed off Moloch and the show lost direction.

So IMHO it's too early to say if he will be the fix Iron Fist needed.

- CM Punk
Old 12-06-2017, 02:01 PM   #183
Zant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Force View Post
Wanted her for MCU Sue Storm.. looks like that ain't happening now
Eve was never Hollywood leading lady material.Hollywood has known this for a while now.

Zant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:16 PM   #184
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Hopefully next season improves. I'll be watching.
Hard to imagine it being any worse than the first

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:25 AM   #185
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
Hard to imagine it being any worse than the first
Haha. The main problem was the casting of the lead which obviously won't be changed lol. I liked the guy in GoT but he's not really Iron Fist (in any way). Plus the martial arts was for the most part terrible and unconvincing. That said and for all its faults and it being a far cry from the other Marvel Netflix series, I was still enjoying it and able to get through it pretty quickly. A hell of a lot of room to improve though!

Old 12-08-2017, 08:49 AM   #186
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

I agree the martial arts in the show was weak in regard to Finn Jones, but he was 100x better in Defenders. I think Iron Fist season 2 will look better with the fighting. That said, I still liked season 1. Oh yeah, it had issues, but it also had many elements I liked.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:12 AM   #187
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I agree the martial arts in the show was weak in regard to Finn Jones, but he was 100x better in Defenders. I think Iron Fist season 2 will look better with the fighting. That said, I still liked season 1. Oh yeah, it had issues, but it also had many elements I liked.
From what I've heard Finn Jones had no time to really train before production began and he had to learn the stunts only minutes before having to preform it. The problem wasn't necessarily him but the poor planning and scheduling. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones got by because their fight scenes were never meant to be as acrobatic and intricate. Daredevil got by because the mask made it easier to swap stunt men for longer shots with more impressive stunt work. Hopefully they take the criticism to heart and focus more of the production on the action scenes.

Season one was bad but certainly not beyond saving. Finn Jones is good when he's not brooding or trying to be stoic. But when he's relax, playful, and cocky he does a good job. If they keep the brooding and "serious" moments to a minimum (and have those moments well written) it'll make the character seem a lot less whiny. Keep him more light heart and optimistic, at the very least to make him stand out from the other defenders.

I would like the idea that with the Hand destroyed his parents avenged would bring him a certain amount of peace of mind. Allowing him to be less high strung and more mello.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:26 AM   #188
wampa1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Synopsis for season 2

In the second season of “Marvel’s Iron Fist,” Danny Rand, The Immortal Iron Fist and Colleen Wing set off on a new adventure as the protectors of Chinatown in NYC – where death, action and surprises await them around every corner.
I hope this means it takes a more stylistic approach. Luke Cage was at its best when it embraced some 70's blacksploitation and I feel like Iron Fist should do the same, only with 70's king-fu movies. The drunken master fight was a rare highlight of season one so they shouldn't be afraid to down that path.

wampa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:54 AM   #189
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wampa1 View Post
I hope this means it takes a more stylistic approach. Luke Cage was at its best when it embraced some 70's blacksploitation and I feel like Iron Fist should do the same, only with 70's king-fu movies. The drunken master fight was a rare highlight of season one so they shouldn't be afraid to down that path.
Agreed. This show I think was best during that part and the episode where Danny accepts the Hand's challenge and fights their champions. I have rewatched that one a couple times.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:30 AM   #190
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

That was one of the better episodes last season.

- CM Punk
Old 12-09-2017, 08:06 PM   #191
Speed Force
"There was an idea..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random490 View Post
From what I've heard Finn Jones had no time to really train before production began and he had to learn the stunts only minutes before having to preform it. The problem wasn't necessarily him but the poor planning and scheduling. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones got by because their fight scenes were never meant to be as acrobatic and intricate. Daredevil got by because the mask made it easier to swap stunt men for longer shots with more impressive stunt work. Hopefully they take the criticism to heart and focus more of the production on the action scenes.

Season one was bad but certainly not beyond saving. Finn Jones is good when he's not brooding or trying to be stoic. But when he's relax, playful, and cocky he does a good job. If they keep the brooding and "serious" moments to a minimum (and have those moments well written) it'll make the character seem a lot less whiny. Keep him more light heart and optimistic, at the very least to make him stand out from the other defenders.

I would like the idea that with the Hand destroyed his parents avenged would bring him a certain amount of peace of mind. Allowing him to be less high strung and more mello.
Great post. I wholeheartedly agree and very well said

Speed Force is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:20 PM   #192
KevTravels
Side-Kick

why didn't they give Danny a mask? it'd have been so much easier for the stuntguy to do some of the martial art moves that Finn obviously couldn't.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:31 PM   #193
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
why didn't they give Danny a mask? it'd have been so much easier for the stuntguy to do some of the martial art moves that Finn obviously couldn't.
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/the-d...t-origin-story

Quote:
“The thing with all of these shows is not that we’re shy to bring the costumes. It’s that we want them to feel authentic when it does happen,” Jones said. “Danny’s on this journey to understanding what his responsibility is. And throughout all of [Iron Fist] season 1, he was in no state of mind to put a suit on.”

Jones went on the explain that having him cop a costume right from the get go would have been “ridiculous” as he didn’t have the right to put on a superhero costume quite yet.

“He needs to work his sh-t out,” explained Jones. “And certainly by the end of The Defenders, it will feel right.”

http://www.gamesradar.com/netflixs-i...-anytime-soon/

Quote:
“There was no good reason we could imagine to put Danny Rand in a costume. Because Danny Rand is still discovering who he is as a hero and where he is going to be, so he’s not yet ready to put on a mask or a costume.”

- CM Punk
Old Yesterday, 12:43 AM   #194
Slick
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Yeah I will give next season a shot. Iron Fist S1 was flawed, but it had its good points. I think critics were overly harsh.
Agreed. Overall I gave season 1 a 7/10 score.
My scores for the other Netflix shows.
DD S1 9/10
JJ S1 9/10
DD S2 10/10
LC S1 9/10
TD 10/10
TP10/10
So I loved pretty much all of the Netflix shows but Iron Fist I thought was just good/okay. But even those I thought were great I recognized have flaws as well.

Last edited by Slick; Yesterday at 12:51 AM.
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote