Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #876
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
Don't worry everyone! Damon Lindelof (the writer of the dreadful Prometheus) has the answer:

From The Hollywood Reporter:
THR: If Warner Bros called and asked you to help solve their Justice League problem, would you take that call?

Lindelof: The Justice League problem? I think a lot of that depends on Man of Steel. The Justice League problem is not a problem of, who is the bad guy that Wonder Woman and Green Lantern, Superman, whoever you decide to pit them against. The problem is: What’s the tone of that movie? They’ve been struggling with launching their own tone. The tone of Green Lantern is very different from the tone of The Dark Knight. They clearly inhabit two entirely different worlds. You want to feel like someone is establishing a world where the Justice League can exist, maybe Man of Steel is that movie. If Man of Steel works, and it’s great, I think it starts to make sense where Paradise Island is in that world. Because that’s an entirely different world than the one Christopher Nolan introduced.
The tone of Green Lantern was to much like Batman & Robin where as MOS is very similar to the TDKT.

Last edited by IamtheBatman; 05-15-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #877
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

It isn't similar to TDKT. It looks like a mix between TDKT's tone, Iron Man's tone, the '78 Superman's tone, and Avengers' tone. Basically a mix of all tones.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #878
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
It isn't similar to TDKT. It looks like a mix between TDKT's tone, Iron Man's tone, the '78 Superman's tone, and Avengers' tone. Basically a mix of all tones.
Superman: The Movie seemed much brighter.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #879
shauner111
Side-Kick

Oh damn! Just found out Dark Knight was banned.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
Old 05-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #880
shauner111
Side-Kick

Im actually annoyed right now, he was one of my favorite posters.

As for the tone? MOS has TDKT and a mix of other sci-fi films. Sci-fi that's a little bit more serious than Avengers. Superman: The Movie? I don't think so.

It's hard to put my finger on what specific sci-fi movies though.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
Old 05-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #881
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Green Lantern has more in common with Superman Returns, while The Dark Knight Trilogy seems to be on the same level as Man Of Steel.

Maybe it could be interesting to see them move forward with 2 different teams, have one team based with the GL & SR versions, and then one with the TDKT & MOS versions.

A more mature version to make the more mature audiences happy, and a more.......child friendly version

Old 05-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #882
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah, GL definitely has the Superman Returns vibe.

Multi-verse JosephCAW!

Reynolds' GL from one universe, Cavill's Superman from the Snyderverse, and Bale's Batman from the Nolanverse.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #883
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Oldman is pure gold in the role and one of the best actors of all time. But if there was one man who can match or perhaps top Gary, it's Bryan Cranston.

Im much more excited for Bale to return but if I heard it was rebooted and the cast included Cranston I would be jumping for joy. Breaking Bad's my favorite tv series.
Oldman's portrayal was great.

But was it me, or did he come of as too much of the nice nervous type?
He was tough, but he seemed liked the weakling who proved himself imo.

Cranston would certainly portray a more hard assed Gordon. Just as stern as Batman. Who smokes his cigars, and doesn't give a **** about lung cancer

Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 05-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #884
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
The tone of Green Lantern was to much like Batman & Robin where as MOS is very similar to the TDKT.
That's not correct. The tone of Green Lantern was similar to Iron Man. Batman and robin was rife with camp closer to the TV series of the same name.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #885
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

GL tone was definitely Iron Man/slash Spider-Man 3

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 05-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #886
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah he definitely had the nervous vibe.

Cranston could do the same thing and nail it (early seasons of Breaking Bad) OR to go in the directions Great Mind(s) wants...meaning, something different. They can go the Year One Gordon route all the way, where Cranston plays the tough, take no **** Commissioner just like these later seasons of Breaking Bad..but with that goodness always at the forefront obviously. Which Bryan voiced well in the adaptation.

Haha ya Rodrigo, screw that lung cancer.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #887
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
Green Lantern has more in common with Superman Returns, while The Dark Knight Trilogy seems to be on the same level as Man Of Steel.

Maybe it could be interesting to see them move forward with 2 different teams, have one team based with the GL & SR versions, and then one with the TDKT & MOS versions.

A more mature version to make the more mature audiences happy, and a more.......child friendly version
I kind of disagree. Hal Jordan didn't have an illegitimate child and there was arguably more action in Superman Returns than in Green Lantern (you didn't see the latter rescuing a 777 from a downward spiral). Jeff Robinov and the Warners know what tone they want to have with their films going forward and that is a dark one. What's going to wind up happening is that they are going to announce Snyder as the director once "Man of Steel" is successful at the box office. His experience with films like "300" and "Watchmen" proves that he can make a film with great action sequences and a dark tone.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #888
erehwon0
Side-Kick

I tend to view Lindelof as a good ideas man, but he's not really a good finisher. His stories have good to great set-ups, but somehow can't nail a good ending. At least his views about the worldws of TDKT and MOS are the same as mine

That's the thing I was concerned for all along. TDKT was very rigid in its "no superpowers" policy. While MOS shows us the ultimate fantasy character which I hope will break the rules wide open for absolutely anything. Because if you think about it the concept of JL has to be in a fantastical setting. Tonally, it can be the same as TDKT, if that means the drama aspects of the movie. But in terms of the rules of the universe where sci-fi and supernatural aspects exist then I hope its pretty much anything goes.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #889
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Quote:
Yeah he definitely had the nervous vibe.

Cranston could do the same thing and nail it (early seasons of Breaking Bad) OR to go in the directions Great Mind(s) wants...meaning, something different. They can go the Year One Gordon route all the way, where Cranston plays the tough, take no **** Commissioner just like these later seasons of Breaking Bad..but with that goodness always at the forefront obviously. Which Bryan voiced well in the adaptation.

Haha ya Rodrigo, screw that lung cancer.
Cranston should do a Oldman of his own and portray him the way he was as Hal in MITM

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 05-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #890
Great Mind(s)
Broken

The man responsible for season 6 of Lost and Prometheus has no reason to give anyone advice on writing. He should stay away from this genre. Far away.
Yes let's also stay away from the universe GL introduced. And we know Goyer thought it sucked and at the same time can't think of anyone but Bale as Batman. So obviously he would continue to use the GL universe (bring back Reynolds) and ignore the Bale-Bat universe right? Makes perfect sense to me.

Last edited by Great Mind(s); 05-15-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #891
shauner111
Side-Kick

I actually loved season 6 of LOST! Haters can hate. I loved the entire series as well as the ending.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #892
The Shape
In the shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
The man responsible for season 6 of Lost and Prometheus has no reason to give anyone advice on writing. He should stay away from this genre. Far away.
Yes let's also stay away from the universe GL introduced. And we know Goyer thought it sucked and at the same time can't think of anyone but Bale as Batman. So obviously he would continue to use the GL universe (bring back Reynolds) and ignore the Bale-Bat universe right? Makes perfect sense to me.
Yeah, I'm not even sure why an interviewer would pose that question to him?

Old 05-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #893
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

It's like asking Mr. Bean what he thinks about Government politics!

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 05-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #894
Aztec
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
I can guess why. He's extremely polarizing in the fanboy world. Add one of the most bizarre and difficult film production controversies in recent memory and you are guaranteed to get your interview all over the genre sites.

If it’s not in the MCU we don’t want it Sony!
Free Hulk & Namor!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #895
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah that would be stupid.

You don't keep Reynolds and ALSO introduce a new Batman. Stupid move. If you're bringing Reynolds back, that should be because you already have Bale locked in, and you want to keep all the past films in continuity with big star power.

If Batman is rebooted, then GL needs to be rebooted as well.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #896
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
I want to believe that the interviewer, Marc Bernardin, is a fan of the TV series "Lost", and since it dealt with an ensemble cast (as will Justice League), he felt that it would be appropriate to ask how he would adapt "Justice League". It just came off as a surprise that he posed it as a problem that needed solving. As for the tone of the film, like I said be fore, the WB under Robinov's watch has been pushing for more films that are darker in tone. "Green Lantern" had a dark setting, but was not as dark as the Nolan Batman films. This was because market research found that the character was more appealing to young boys between the ages of 6-12 had a strong knowledge of the character and found him to be very likeable.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #897
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Green Lantern is definitely being rebooted. There is no doubt about it. Man of Steel is supposed to be mankind's first contact with aliens but the events in Green Lantern were also mankind's first contact with aliens. The two movies contradict each other. Literally only a miracle will bring Reynolds back at this point, if even that.

Also, I want to share this here since people were comparing TDKT with MOS:
Quote:
I think Nolan may have perfected storytelling in comic book movies. The man found the perfect balance between focusing on one movie at a time while still leaving small things here and there for sequels. There are CBM's like the MCU films that focus too much on setting up for Avengers instead of fully focusing on the story at hand. The Amazing Spider-Man is also guilty of this to an extent - it sets up too much for sequels instead of having complete focus on the movie at hand. Then there are movies that do the exact opposite and literally have nothing there that could be continued or developed in a sequel, making the movies far too stand-alone from each other. Burton's Batman and Raimi's Spider-Man are the best examples of this. Nolan found a good balance between both. He focused on the movie at hand - one movie at a time - and didn't let the future bug him too much to the point where he made movies that would still work well even if they never had sequels. But at the same time, he also left little things here and there that have set up things for the future of the franchise (Joker's card at the end of BB, Scarecrow on the loose, the rise of "freaks", Batman on the run, etc.) and never let the time gap in between the movies fast forward too much (excluding the 8 year gap in TDKR). That is how CBM's should be done IMO. Man of Steel is following that same film philosophy according to Goyer, and we know that MOS will give birth to a DC Cinematic Universe. What I think this means is that even though the Nolan Batman films will possibly not be part of this universe (unless WB gets greedy and decides to tie them in), their "heart" or "spirit" or whatever you wanna call it will still live on in this universe because they have given that universe the blueprints for how to do CBM's that have that perfect balance. Heck, MOS and the DCCU may just be the next step in this evolution of DC films - not only do they keep the blueprints from the Nolan films but take it up a notch by bringing in fantasy elements and finding the perfect balance between fantasy and realism, not restricting any possibilities like the TDK trilogy did.
Wrote that myself a few days ago.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #898
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah that would be stupid.

You don't keep Reynolds and ALSO introduce a new Batman. Stupid move. If you're bringing Reynolds back, that should be because you already have Bale locked in, and you want to keep all the past films in continuity with big star power.

If Batman is rebooted, then GL needs to be rebooted as well.
Let Mr. Reynolds be a Marvel actor (Deadpool).

Old 05-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #899
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
Let Mr. Reynolds be a Marvel actor (Deadpool).
and bring in Pine to take over as Mr. Jordan and Nathan Fillion as Mr. Scott (pre-New 52 version)

@Shaune: Multi-verse FTW

dnno1....you still have to laugh, I will not respond to you till then lol

Old 05-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #900
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Green Lantern is definitely being rebooted. There is no doubt about it. Man of Steel is supposed to be mankind's first contact with aliens but the events in Green Lantern were also mankind's first contact with aliens. The two movies contradict each other. Literally only a miracle will bring Reynolds back at this point, if even that.

Also, I want to share this here since people were comparing TDKT with MOS:

Wrote that myself a few days ago.
It is left to be seen if Man of Steel is atually a first contact film. There are rumors that there were other aliens (like Martian Manhunter). Green Lantern 2 may turn out to be a soft reboot.