The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #851
Mario_Galaxy
Side-Kick

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

I know it's early. But I'm getting a bit of an idea of where this project is going. Oh well. At least the new IDW series is awesome. **** this **** though

Old 06-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #852
sweetre15
Positive Page

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Didn't see it posted (unless I scolled thru too quickly) .... but Vanilla Ice hints that he's involved ....
He better only be on the soundtrack but Vanilla Ice comes off as not knowing what he's talking about here for some reason.....just something about this interview that gives me that feeling

Old 06-08-2012, 12:37 AM   #853
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Didn't see it posted (unless I scolled thru too quickly) .... but Vanilla Ice hints that he's involved ....
I'll have to wait and see about that.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 06-08-2012, 03:58 AM   #854
Octoberist
point blank

This Vanilla Ice story is so sensationalized.

-- Anonymous, 2016
Old 06-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #855
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Plot synopsis via IGN:

Quote:
"Aliens invade Earth and inadvertently spawn a quartet of mutated reptile warriors, the Ninja Turtles, who rise up against them to defend the world."
So honestly, it sounds a lot like a new take on the Mirage origin. Aliens create the ooze, which accidental create the Turtles.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #856
jaymes_e06
Banned User

Sees the Vanilla Ice story: looks around in distress:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Old 06-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #857
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Plot synopsis via IGN:

So honestly, it sounds a lot like a new take on the Mirage origin. Aliens create the ooze, which accidental create the Turtles.
I think it's just IGN repeating what IMDB has for a synopsis

Last edited by sweetre15; 06-09-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #858
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
This Vanilla Ice story is so sensationalized.
true

Old 06-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #859
Thundarr
Side-Kick

Quote:
Plot synopsis via IGN:

Wasn't that always their origin? It was only in Secret Of The Ooze that the mutagenic ooze was man-made. I think in the cartoon the ooze came from Dimension X.

At least that's better than Bay's proposed "The Turtles are aliens from another planet" story.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #860
Casius--J
Web Master

Quote:
"Aliens invade Earth and inadvertently spawn a quartet of mutated reptile warriors, the Ninja Turtles, who rise up against them to defend the world."
if this is the synopsis then I would be happy with that. Making the Turtles themselves Aliens just doesn't sit well with me but this can work as its not too far off the original origin.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #861
Blackman
C'mon Son

Superherohypes choices for the cast: http://www.superherohype.com/feature...-turtles-movie

To sum it up
Michael Pitt (Boardwalk Empire)=Leo
Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad)= Raph
Zachary Quinto (Star Trek)= Don
Aaron Johnson (Kick Ass)= Mikey
Ken Wantabe (Inception)= Splinter

idk although I do like some of those actors, I think just having good voice actors doing the Turtle roles will suffice.
I mean with the Transformers films, and correct me if Im wrong, besides Hugo Weaving as Megatron and Leonard Nimoy as Sentinel Prime did they get any non voice actors for the MAJOR roles? And how I feel about the film withstanding, I thought the voice acting was good

Last edited by Blackman; 06-12-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #862
jaymes_e06
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casius--J View Post
if this is the synopsis then I would be happy with that. Making the Turtles themselves Aliens just doesn't sit well with me but this can work as its not too far off the original origin.
It wouldn't be nearly as scarey if Bay weren't invoulved.

My little 14 year old cousin just auditioned for Bay for something for Nickelodeon he said he "loved her and wanted her to come to Orlando to work for him." and even tried talking her parents into it.

I had no idea she was doing this audition but when I learned about it you could say I would have spit out my milk if I were drinking any.
Guy's a sleezeball.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:06 AM   #863
bullets
bang bang

The next mutation show hits dvd on September 4th .

http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Turtles-...&creative=9325

Old 06-13-2012, 03:05 AM   #864
Casius--J
Web Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
It wouldn't be nearly as scarey if Bay weren't invoulved.

My little 14 year old cousin just auditioned for Bay for something for Nickelodeon he said he "loved her and wanted her to come to Orlando to work for him." and even tried talking her parents into it.

I had no idea she was doing this audition but when I learned about it you could say I would have spit out my milk if I were drinking any.
Guy's a sleezeball.
Yeah that does sound a bit dodgey to be honest.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:23 AM   #865
Horrors

Default I appreciated

Yes, you are right!

Old 06-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #866
Donut
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
The next mutation show hits dvd on September 4th .

http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Turtles-...&creative=9325
Two Volumes for a One Season Show ? Come on now. I would have got that if it was the Complete Series

Old 06-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #867
Art Damage
Turtle Power

Quote:
Man, I really don't want to see the Ninja Turtles fight aliens again. Essentially that's what they did in that HORRIBLE CGI film and it bored me to tears.

Still extremely cautious about this one.

27 years of loving everything Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #868
jaymes_e06
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casius--J View Post
Yeah that does sound a bit dodgey to be honest.
Yeah and what pissed me off even more is that my other cousin, who got her ready for the audition, painted her face up like a two dollar whore and had doing random sexual posses for headshots that were supposed to make her look "classy" because they were black and white. I was just like this about the entire situation.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #869
project13
Side-Kick

I might be flamed for this, but I'm glad the reboot's delayed. Hopefully they would drop the "Turtles are aliens" crap and find a different approach. I think what Bay (and Viacom) is trying to do is to make the new movie franchise more "sci-fi" than the old one, but they're going at it in the dumbest way possible.

Personally, I would have this:

The turles would have some "muta-gene" that is layed dormant (and inserted into their DNA by Baxter Stockman) and the "ooze" that created them would trigger said gene.

That idea is basically inspired by this article:

http://badassdigest.com/2012/05/03/t...spideys-origin

That way, the origin would be more or less the same and we would'nt have to worry about a major departure (ala alien Ninjas).

Old 06-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #870
sweetre15
Positive Page

^ Well in the comics, the ooze came from the T.C.R.I canisters made in outer space...but that does NOT excuse potentially making them from some BS turtle planet or something akin to that

Old 06-17-2012, 04:19 AM   #871
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

That's basically the Howard the Duck movie but with Turtles.

- CM Punk
Old 06-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #872
jacobed
Banned User

I'm getting sick of hearing Bay's Turtles movie. Noone ever said Bay's Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Bay's Nightmare on Elm Street just because this is an action movie, people need to put his name on it and hate on him.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #873
Mr.?
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
I'm getting sick of hearing Bay's Turtles movie. Noone ever said Bay's Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Bay's Nightmare on Elm Street just because this is an action movie, people need to put his name on it and hate on him.
All of Bay's movies are crap. From this point on his name should be in front of the movies just so people know not to watch.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #874
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Kevin Eastman Spills some Beans on Ninja Turtles to OneRing.com

Here's the breakdown of the video:

inspired TMNT

30:00 - Star Wars influence on the backstory

47:25 - Discusses Nickelodeon's new animated show

51:15 - Describes his involvement with Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles

52:15 - Comments on fan's negative reaction to Bay's Alien race remarks, and defend Michael Bay as a filmmaker

1:01:30 - April O'Neil will NOT be a sixteen year old in Bay's Ninja Turtles

1:05:00 - The original live-action film bridged the gap of the black and white comic books and the cartoon show

1:07:55 - Kevin Eastman thinks Ken Watanabe would make a great Shredder

1:08:25 - He'd like to bring Ernie Reyes, Jr. (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II) back for Bay's Ninja Turles as a Foot lieutenant.

1:31:00 - Possibility of motion capture Turtles like Rise of the Planet of the Apes

1:32:55 - Martial arts wise they are looking at Fist of Legend & The Raid: Redemption

Source:CBM http://www.**************.com/fansit.../news/?a=61882

Old 06-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #875
Blackman
C'mon Son

THe Raid>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If they get anything like that in terms of fighting style then great

Closed Thread