The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 12:19 AM   #826
DrDoom
Dictator

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_D202 View Post
HA! LEO LOOKS SO HIGH THERE

-DOOM

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 04-12-2012, 02:01 AM   #827
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_D202 View Post
I feel sorry for these guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
HA! LEO LOOKS SO HIGH THERE

-DOOM
He looks horny more than he looks high

YOUTUBE
Rugrats: Liveaction movie with CGI babies.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #828
Donut
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
Nolan North for Raph again. He can do the voice and motion capture.
Jensen Ackles for Mikey

Old 04-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #829
camp Blood
For your health!

I would say jensen would make a better raph

Old 04-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #830
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Jensen for raphael, he just wouldn't be right for mikey.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #831
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Yeah, I can definately see Jensen for Ralph. He is one of my favorite actors and I think he can pull it off.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #832
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Jensen for Casey Jones

Old 04-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #833
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
Jensen for Casey Jones
I don't know him, don't watch Supernatural, but for some reason I'll side with this

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #834
jaymes_e06
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
Jensen for Casey Jones
I'm already on that boat and mentioned him pages ago.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:31 AM   #835
Manic4Love
Banned User

I have a bad feeling about this. I will cowabunga Michael Bay. Ass needs to stop making films.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:31 AM   #836
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic4Love View Post
I have a bad feeling about this. I will cowabunga Michael Bay. Ass needs to stop making films.
He receives truckloads of money, why should he stop?
Biggest joke in movie making business, the boring movie maker gets people's interest in his crap

YOUTUBE

Old 05-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #837
Marx
Pixelated

I didn't realize we had a turtles forum!? Anyway, I'm not a fan of turning the turtles into some sort of "alien" race at all...or not making them teenagers.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #838
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
I didn't realize we had a turtles forum!? Anyway, I'm not a fan of turning the turtles into some sort of "alien" race at all...or not making them teenagers.
Neither are Confirmed...the director came out and said fans need not worry and all of that is untrue and basically bay spoke out of context....but I'm taking the wait and see approach.

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
Old 05-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #839
Thundarr
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiebling$ View Post
Neither are Confirmed...the director came out and said fans need not worry and all of that is untrue and basically bay spoke out of context....but I'm taking the wait and see approach.
Well that's a bit of a relief. I'll take the "wait & see approach" myself then.

Michael Bay doesn't have the greatest track record, especially with remakes. While I did find his Transformers movies somewhat enjoyable, his remakes of A Nightmare On Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Friday The 13th were horrible. While visually impressive, the liberties taken with the original stories made them substandard films.

But if Michael Bay has limited control over the creative process, then this movie might be good. As long as the director has more respect for the core material than Bay does, there's hope.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #840
Marx
Pixelated

If Bay spoke out of context, that's fine. I really hope his influence on this movie is limited.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #841
Thundarr
Side-Kick

Someone asked how Bay could speak out of context if he's the director. I don't think he's the director, I think he's the producer. Generally, the producer's job is to finance the movie, while the director's job is to make what he believes is a good quality movie (as directors, Michael Bay and Rob Zombie have virtually no idea of what makes a good movie). Thus he might have said what he thinks would make a good TMNT movie, rather than what the director is actually planning.

But that's just speculation on my part. Often times, producers have limited (if any) creative control over a movie or TV show. Other times, they're involved in every aspect of the creative process. In the cases of Rob Zombie and Michael Bay, this is a bad thing. In the case of Joss Whedon, it ensures that we get an excellent end product. As this is a Michael Bay film, I'm hoping he keeps his so-called "creative influence" far, far away from this project.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #842
Thundarr
Side-Kick

Oh, and with the concept of the radioactive ooze which mutates the turtles and Splinter into the sentient humanoid ninjas we know and love being of alien origin? I have no problems with that plotline. In fact, if memory serves me correctly, I believe that was the original source of the ooze in the graphic novels which started this whole franchise. So that's not so much giving the turtles a facelift as it is going back to basics.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:47 AM   #843
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

The director never actually said what Michael Bay said was untrue.

- CM Punk
Old 05-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #844
Art Damage
Turtle Power

Maybe the ooze that transforms the Ninja Turtles is from an alien race and it somehow has a connection with Dimension X which would be kinda cool to bring Krang in, but Hollywood really needs to understand that if ain't broke...don't fix it.

Especially when it comes to one of the most important things to me in my childhood.

27 years of loving everything Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #845
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Unfortunately he just said it was "Out of Context" lol...And hopefully while they're still "figuring things out" they keep the Turtles as Mutated by an alien ooze and not from an alien planet

Old 06-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #846
Frontier
Arkham Asylum Inmate

I hope they title this new film appropriately.

"Teenage, but No Longer Mutant, yet Somehow Still Ninja, even though their now Aliens and Not really Turtles Anymore?"

Or maybe

"Teenage Aliens who Look like Turtles and Fight Like Ninjas, Somehow?"

Old 06-05-2012, 01:31 AM   #847
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I can live without teenage. I mean, what does being teenaged even mean if you're a mutant turtle? They can live to be 200, without mutation. Plus, with the exception of Michelangelo, the turtles are usually depicted as being fairly mature anyway.

And it's not like they're going to high school or dating.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #848
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I hope they title this new film appropriately.

"Teenage, but No Longer Mutant, yet Somehow Still Ninja, even though their now Aliens and Not really Turtles Anymore?"

Or maybe

"Teenage Aliens who Look like Turtles and Fight Like Ninjas, Somehow?"
Youthful Genetically-Abnormal Warrior Solar-Immigrants

Old 06-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #849
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Liesbman comes off as spine-less.

-- Anonymous, 2016
Old 06-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #850
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Didn't see it posted (unless I scolled thru too quickly) .... but Vanilla Ice hints that he's involved ....

Quote:
MTV News caught up with the rapper during his Sneak Peek Week appearance for "That's My Boy" ahead of Sunday night's MTV Movie Awards, and he teased that he may very well be involved with the Michael Bay-produced "Ninja Turtles" reboot.

"I can't say anything," Ice grinned when asked if he would be involved with the return of the Turtles. "I know that they're not from the sewers now. They're aliens now or something."

Ice, who famously performed "Ninja Rap" in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze," is a committed fan of Splinter's reptilian warriors. Like, seriously committed, to the extent that he's tattooed their likeness to his own shin.

"I don't mess around," he said of his "TMNT" pride. "I'm still a Ninja Turtles fan."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/168...-turtles.jhtml

Closed Thread