The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 06-12-2018, 05:13 PM   #26
BrollySupersj
The Great Godzilla

Default Re: Assassins Creed Odyssey

So is anyone here thinking of playing as Kassandra first? The gameplay video with her getting that helmet gave me serious Wonder Woman vibes. I could get into playing her.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:44 PM   #27
-VisionsVision-
Fisherman King

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrollySupersj View Post
So is anyone here thinking of playing as Kassandra first? The gameplay video with her getting that helmet gave me serious Wonder Woman vibes. I could get into playing her.
Nope. Alexios all day, everyday.

DECEMBER 2018
-VisionsVision- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:45 PM   #28
-VisionsVision-
Fisherman King

Quote:
I believe there was a survey a while back, that showed fedual Japan, World War II, and ancient Egypt were the top 3 most requested time periods.
I see... I'm thrilled Odyssey is set in Greece.

DECEMBER 2018
Old 06-13-2018, 03:10 AM   #29
Silvermoth
Avenger

To be honest I’m a little bit sad the rumour about the Vikings didn’t work out but that’s ok since they’re adding in romance options. I shall buy it day 1!

So do you play as both? Or can you choose at the start who you play as? I’m very torn and I have no idea who to play as

Old 06-13-2018, 04:21 AM   #30
jolldan
Side-Kick

Quote:
I believe there was a survey a while back, that showed fedual Japan, World War II, and ancient Egypt were the top 3 most requested time periods.
Really WW2 seems like an odd choice to me.

Here are my top settings I would love them to do that they haven't done yet.

1. Feudal Japan

Honestly think if handled correctly this could be a three game story. Starting your character of as a Samurai in game one for them to come to the realisation that there masters are the Templars of the time it finishes with him becoming a Ronin, game 2 he could either become a ninja or work with them as they would work well as assassins. With the big finale coming in game 3.

2. The Death of Ghenghis Khan

If you know anything about the lore of AC you know how big a time this is. What would be amazing is that this game would offer a return for Altair as either the main hero or a supporting hero. Also with the game going full RPG it would be a great game to get more of those massive style battles in.

3. Viking Era

While God of War has kind of scared everyone away from the setting I think this would work surprisingly well for AC. It would have a lot of the elements that made Black Flag so successful. Set around the time of one of the Scandinavian countries fighting for power and you would have Naval combat, a varied beautiful map and massive amounts of action.

4. Ancient Rome

I know this is a cheat since we technically already have seen it and a few might say we have already seen it enough with Ezio's trilogy but we never got to see it at the peak of its powers and few places in the world sound more stunning than ancient Rome.

Last edited by jolldan; 06-13-2018 at 04:25 AM.
jolldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:58 AM   #31
zenith16
Side-Kick

I noticed the game play video wasn't up here

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey launches October 5; E3 2018 trailer, gameplay walkthrogh
Published 2 days ago. 63 comments.

Quote:
Become a legendary Spartan hero.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on October 5, Ubisoft announced during its E3 2018 press conference.
The game will be available in standard, Deluxe, Gold, and Ultimate editions. The Deluxe Edition adds gear packs and a naval pack, as well as XP and currency boosts, while the Gold Edition includes the Season Pass and grants early access to the game starting October 2. The Ultimate Edition, meanwhile, contains the Season Pass and the Deluxe Edition content, as well as early access beginning October 2. Additionally, players who preorder the game will get an additional mission, “The Blind King.”
Ubisoft Store-exclusive Spartan and Pantheon Collector’s Editions will also be available and include the following physical and digital content:
  • Early access starting on October 2.
  • Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Standard Edition and additional digital content including: the Deluxe Edition Pack, the Season Pass, which will give players access to all upcoming major expansions, plus the additional mission The Blind King.
  • By Ubicollectibles : The Spartan Leap statue (height 39.5cm) for the Spartan Edition, two statues forming The Nemesis Diorama (height 39cm, width 65cm) for the Pantheon Edition.
  • The Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Steelbook.
  • A 64-page art book featuring the original designs and concept art from the Ubisoft Quebec artists.
  • An exclusive lithograph by Hugo Puzzuoli from Ubisoft Quebec.
  • A printed version of the game’s hand-drawn world map.
  • The selected game soundtrack.
Here is an overview of the game, via Ubisoft:
About
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is an ambitious action role-playing game that places choice at the center of the experience. An all-new interactive dialogue system empowers players to forge their own path and impact the game’s world, characters and story to shape the future of Greece. Players will customize weapons and gear, master and equip new special abilities, and charge into massive battles between Sparta and Athens, pitting hundreds of soldiers against each other. The return of open-world naval combat allows players to seamlessly explore the open seas, customize their ship and recruit their own crew with unique perks. With the entire country of Greece to discover, from pristine beaches to vibrant cities, from the heights of snowy mountain peaks to the depths of the Aegean Sea, players will encounter Ancient Greece’s famous figures and myths as they live their own odyssey.
Key Features
  • Become a Legendary Spartan Hero: Embark on your journey from humble beginnings to living legend as Alexios or Kassandra. Customize your gear, upgrade your abilities, and personalize your ship on your path to becoming a Spartan hero.
  • Ancient Greece Awaits: From the heights of snowy mountain peaks to the depths of the Aegean Sea, explore an entire country full of untamed environments and cities at the peak of Greece’s Golden Age. Unexpected encounters will breathe life into your story as you meet colorful characters, battle vicious mercenaries, and more.
  • Choose Your Own Path: Your decisions shape the world around you with over 30 hours of choice dialogue and multiple game endings. Experience a living, dynamic world that constantly evolves and reacts to your every decision.
  • Fight Epic Battles: Show off your extraordinary warrior abilities and shift the tides of battle during one of the deadliest conflicts of the time, the Peloponnesian War. Charge into epic clashes between Sparta and Athens in big battles pitting 150v150 soldiers against each other.
  • Sail Across the Aegean Sea: Find uncharted locations, uncover hidden treasures, or fight your way through entire fleets in naval battles. Customize the look of your ship, upgrade weaponry to suit your strengths, and recruit crewmembers with unique perks, tailoring naval combat to your style.
  • A Land of Myths and Legends: Discover a world rich with myths and legends. From ancient rituals to famed statues, come face to face with Greece’s legendary figures and discover the true nature of mythological beasts like Medusa and the Minotaur.
Watch the debut trailer and gameplay walkthrough below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.

Gameplay Walkthrough

visit gallery »

source:Siliconera

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:02 AM   #32
jolldan
Side-Kick

The spear surely has to be a piece of Eden.

Judging by the new inventory menu it looks like the spear is of the same worth as the greaves he has equipped.

Wonder if it will be go the same route as Origins and have a lot of top level loot for you to choose between or will it have one top level piece of gear for each section.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #33
Gil-Galad
Banned User

[I wonder why they still call it Ass Creed when virtually nothing about the game espouses any recognizable Ass Creed markers.

Gil-Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:43 PM   #34
Legendver2
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
[I wonder why they still call it Ass Creed when virtually nothing about the game espouses any recognizable Ass Creed markers.
Rumors/theories say this game is actually Templar Order: Origins.

Legendver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:22 PM   #35
-VisionsVision-
Fisherman King

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolldan View Post

Judging by the new inventory menu it looks like the spear is of the same worth as the greaves he has equipped.

Wonder if it will be go the same route as Origins and have a lot of top level loot for you to choose between or will it have one top level piece of gear for each section.
That helmet is epic!! Anymore pics/vids?!

DECEMBER 2018
Old 06-13-2018, 04:12 PM   #36
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendver2 View Post
Rumors/theories say this game is actually Templar Order: Origins.
Itd have to be the Order of Ancients: Origins. The Templars dont exist until the the Middle Ages, and I assume were born from the Order of Ancients.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #37
BrollySupersj
The Great Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolldan View Post

I always look forward to what the First Civilization armor sets look like in AC games. I really liked Origins'.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:55 AM   #38
Elayis
Side-Kick

Eh. Can't seem to get excited about yet another AC game when Origins showed once again that Ubisoft doesn't know how to make a game with a decent story.

1 The Dark Knight 2 Batman Begins 3 X-Men 4 Iron Man 5 Dark Knight Rises 6 X2 7 Kick-Ass 8 Hulk 9 Spider-Man 10 X-Men: First Class 11 Spider-Man 2 12 Superman: The Movie 13 Constantine '05 14 Age of Ultron 15 Black Panther 16 Wonder Woman
Elayis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:15 AM   #39
Silvermoth
Avenger

I wonder what “celebrities” we will see? Odysseus is bound to turn up. And I reckon Zeus will probably turn up as dlc, hopefully not in swan form though. Who else?

Achilles would be really cool

Old 06-14-2018, 07:21 AM   #40
-VisionsVision-
Fisherman King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
I wonder what “celebrities” we will see? Odysseus is bound to turn up. And I reckon Zeus will probably turn up as dlc, hopefully not in swan form though. Who else?

Odysseus and Achilles were fighting in Troy 800 years earlier so no, we won't see them.

DECEMBER 2018
Old 06-14-2018, 08:54 AM   #41
jolldan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post

The bulk of them will be people I doubt many have heard of like Herodotus, Sophocles, Pericles and The Oracle of the Delphi.

For me the most exciting possible inclusion would be Darius he is only a historical Assassin having never actually appeared in a game in the Assassin’s Creed universe, but it’s still possible he will show up.

He was mentioned in Assassin’s Creed II via his statue in Ezio Auditore’s Monteriggioni sanctuary, where a plaque mentioned that he was an assassin who killed King Xerxes I in 465 BCE in the first recorded use of the Hidden Blade.

Odyssey is set primarily in and around 431 BC so its not a stretch that they will cross paths. Before the games was announced im pretty sure Darius was the oldest known proto-assassin there was an also the first user of the hidden blade.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:55 AM   #42
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

Seeing Darius would be cool, wouldn't be surprised if that's how we end up acquiring the hidden blade in the game.

KillerMcQueen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:18 AM   #43
Havok83
Side-Kick

While appreciate that they allow you to choose a female protagonist, I wish Ubisoft had just let her be the her of the game. I think its a copout when they make a female the lead, but have it be optional or share the spotlight with someone else. If you're gonna commit to it, go all in

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:19 AM   #44
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elayis View Post
Eh. Can't seem to get excited about yet another AC game when Origins showed once again that Ubisoft doesn't know how to make a game with a decent story.
I acknowledge I may be in the minority, but I actually liked the storyline in Origins (well, the historical storyline at least... present day stuff with Layla was kind of 'ehhh' - though it was at least better than the crap present day stuff at the Abstergo offices that the likes of Black Flag and Rogue gave us). I felt more attached to Bayek (and Aya) and their quest for vengeance than I did for Arno's storyline, or Evie and Jacob's. I've liked Bayek as a character a lot more than recent AC Protagonists in general (hence why I kind of want more games with him, if possible) - for me he's kind of up there with Ezio (even surpassing him in some aspects, seriously scenes and interactions of Bayek with children I absolutely loved).

Again though, I understand I could be in the minority with those opinions.

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:53 PM   #45
Elayis
Side-Kick

I'm one of those people that I actually likes the present day stuff (or at least, I can see the potential for what it could be if handled correctly), so it being phased out disappointed me.

But the overall story for this series is a mess. The have no idea what they want to do, what they're trying to say. And when something doesn't work they throw everything out and start again on a new path that is completely divergent from what came before.

I wish they had stuck with the original three game plan (meaning only one Ezio game), but that ship has long since sailed.

1 The Dark Knight 2 Batman Begins 3 X-Men 4 Iron Man 5 Dark Knight Rises 6 X2 7 Kick-Ass 8 Hulk 9 Spider-Man 10 X-Men: First Class 11 Spider-Man 2 12 Superman: The Movie 13 Constantine '05 14 Age of Ultron 15 Black Panther 16 Wonder Woman
Old 06-14-2018, 05:05 PM   #46
Havok83
Side-Kick

The present day stuff in Origins was the best the series has done since AC3. I was intrigued by it as it was promising and showed that they seemed to be going somewhere with it. I think it would be best to just divorce it from the main game and spin it off into its own series.

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:07 PM   #47
Mani-Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
I acknowledge I may be in the minority, but I actually liked the storyline in Origins (well, the historical storyline at least... present day stuff with Layla was kind of 'ehhh' - though it was at least better than the crap present day stuff at the Abstergo offices that the likes of Black Flag and Rogue gave us). I felt more attached to Bayek (and Aya) and their quest for vengeance than I did for Arno's storyline, or Evie and Jacob's. I've liked Bayek as a character a lot more than recent AC Protagonists in general (hence why I kind of want more games with him, if possible) - for me he's kind of up there with Ezio (even surpassing him in some aspects, seriously scenes and interactions of Bayek with children I absolutely loved).

Again though, I understand I could be in the minority with those opinions.
Yeah, i liked the main story of the game...but i was thrown out of it because of the incredible huge world.
When i came to the final mission of the game, i was so surprised that the main story was finished because it didnt felt like the final act.
Nothing made me think for one second that im ending the main storyline with this.

That is the "problem" of open world games i think.
You have so much to explore and do, if you want to do this AND the main story...you are bound to lose something in terms of the pacing.

Its probably my biggest problem with the AC games, the main story takes a step back for the open world and the incredible amount of what can be done in it.

Mani-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:38 PM   #48
Legendver2
Phantom

The story in Syndicate was crap. From beginning to end, neither Jacob or Evie had any development at all. They basically stayed the same characters from beginning to end.

As far as Odyssey goes, if it is indeed true that this is Order of the Ancients/Templar: Origins, then it makes sense that they threw out a lot of the usual AC staples and turned this into an open world rpg.

Legendver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:55 PM   #49
Elayis
Side-Kick

I've never liked how these games integrate historical figures. Either you get something cheesy but sorta fun with da Vinci inventing your gadgets, or you get something completely terrible like how they handled Caesar in Origins.

I realize it's part of the fun of these games, but they either need to do it with much greater care and depth or just drop it entirely.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:36 PM   #50
Marvolo
Side-Kick

What was wrong with Caesar in Origins? Historically he did get involved with Cleopatra and did go to Egypt and he did get assassinated. The game was faithful to that.

Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote