The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Flash

Old 09-06-2015, 12:21 PM   #51
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
Feels kinda forced, just make Wally her cousin. Less drama that way.
I will never be ok with that, it's unnecessary. Wally is Barry's nephew and always has been

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 05:09 PM   #52
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Wally used to be a white guy, too, and now look where we are.

Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:47 PM   #53
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

Some people have no chill. If they kill Barry and make Wally Flash in Season 2 (the same season he's introduced) I'm quitting this show. I'd like to hold on to it too since it's the last comic book show I've got at this point after giving up on Arrow and Agents of SHIELD.

Besides, we don't even know if this guy is going to be good in the role.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:46 PM   #54
Onda Vital

If they give him a suit, hope they go with new 52, i'm the only who thinks it looks cool?

Onda Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 06:55 AM   #55
Loki882
Side-Kick

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Wally Iris's nephew in the comics? He was only related to Barry by marriage. So it would make sense for her to still be related to her in some way, even if it's not aunt/nephew.

If he does suit up, I do hope that they don't just give him a "Junior" version of the Flash costume. Give him his own unique costume.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:07 AM   #56
Gaztacular
Newbie First Class

The classic Kid Flash in yellow and red is a pretty spiffy looking costume.

Here's a nice take on it. Just armor that up and change the jawline and texture to match Barry's costume. The red hair is not optional. But it looked good on Lonsdale in the picture upthread.

I hope they go for Wally as Iris's kid cousin rather than nephew. Joe pulling out a suddenly introduced son is either kinda racist or an automatic writing fail; there's no win going that route. A little heard from sibling on the other hand is totally excusable.

Gaztacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:44 AM   #57
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Wally Iris's nephew in the comics? He was only related to Barry by marriage. So it would make sense for her to still be related to her in some way, even if it's not aunt/nephew.

If he does suit up, I do hope that they don't just give him a "Junior" version of the Flash costume. Give him his own unique costume.
You are right, but of course he is still technically Barry's nephew (by marriage)

I really don't want that plot point to change.

And screw the New 52 Kid Flash suit. Classic yellow and red is the only way to go imo. And they have to leave the cowl open for his hair too.

The Kid Flash suit is iconic imo, and doesn't need much change. I expect it to be CW-ized of course just like Flash's suit was. But this Kid Flash's suit should be as close to the comics as tv Flash's suit is. Little changes, but still very much recognizable as basically the same suit.

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:52 PM   #58
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
There's no way they are going to replace the main character. Absolutely zero chance of it ever happening.
Grant is too popular as Barry for this to happen. Even when the movie comes out they won't do it.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 04:40 PM   #59
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

This might sound bad, but seeing black Wally in the classic yellow suit wouldn't seem right to me. I'd actually be alright with the New 52 costume with silver and orange instead of yellow and red. I would imagine that Barry wouldn't take kindly to his new sidekick taking on his greatest enemy's color scheme. In the comics, Thawne hadn't killed his mother when he first came around, so he was just another evil dude to punch. But the circumstances in this story are more intense and thus Barry's feelings on his partner resembling the enemy might be more intense.

But I hope that they call him Kid Flash and not Impulse. Bart bore the name better. And we need a Kid Flash.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:47 PM   #60
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I always thought "Kid Flash" was a stupid name, but it wouldn't surprise me if they used it on the show.

Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:26 PM   #61
godisawesome
Side-Kick

I've never been that much of a fan of the classic Kid Flash suit (probably got soured on it by Impulse being neutered by the costume), but I think the New 52 suit looks uglier. I've also got this thing where a lighter costume on a speedster should be a bad guy.

Personally, I'd prefer something based off the Dark Flash suit; I think it's got enough unique design elements to separate it from Jay and Barry. Plus, a Silver or dark gray suit with red lighting would look good on a Reverse Flash for him.

TEEN TITANS (03) VS TEEN TITANS GO! PODCAST https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:54 PM   #62
Avenging Angel

The Fast and the Furious is strong with this one. Loads of angst and dry humor already.

Old 01-24-2016, 04:13 AM   #63
Eni
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Angel View Post
The Fast and the Furious is strong with this one. Loads of angst and dry humor already.
I really wish they would have gone with the preNew 52 Wally, not in regard of skin color but his character. This Wally is really just meh...

Eni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 01:04 PM   #64
godisawesome
Side-Kick

It's still a little early to really analyse their Wally, though I think he's currently stuck in a status quo that may more the character is drama for a while. The biggest is that their integration of him into the show comes backed with all sorts of stuff that this writing team may feel requires weeks worth of drawing out the melodrama and miscommunications that some people hate in these shows: he's a lost relative who feels abandoned (classic soap opera cliche) and all of that stuff ties to the character most skilled in this show at making dramatic moments work.

I think there may be some keys to ensuring they avoid some of the issues people have with New 52 Wally: 1) give him some light or affable material to show the actor's range and 2) don't make him a Flash hater. The former would build him up as a familiar character, and the latter would immediately refute that aspect of the New 52 version and set him up to help the Flash and eventually get power.

godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 04:23 PM   #65
Avenging Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eni View Post
I really wish they would have gone with the preNew 52 Wally, not in regard of skin color but his character. This Wally is really just meh...
Wasn't pre52 Wally more likable? He's actually more popular than Barry is. He's the most fun. And did he really call Barry "the white shadow"? What was the point of him saying that? What does Barry being white have to do with anything?

Old 01-25-2016, 05:49 PM   #66
DrStrange
Sorcerer Supreme

I'm actually not ok with this. The Wally West actor sucks. He's terrible. I really hope he leaves the show soon and maybe comes back in a couple of seasons. But that's just wishful thinking. I'm not racist but I wish they would have made him white. I get that there's a lot of white Super Heroes but Wally West always just had that white kid personality to me if that makes sense. Not a black guy who races cars. Again, I'm not racist. Green Lantern, Black Panther, Cyborg, Falcon; Awesome black super heroes.

DrStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:11 AM   #67
Broseph44
Witness Me

Broseph44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:56 AM   #68
UltimateMarvel
Side-Kick

Suit looks great. I made an edit of what it could look like if they went with the new 52 colors. Though I still prefer the yellow one.

UltimateMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:12 PM   #69
Jedi Arrow
Vigilant Knight

Pretty sweet! It kind of looks like they just cut the "dome" off of Reverse Flash's hood and changed the lightning bolt emblem and belt, basically. It's a really cool suit.

Your move, Arrow!

"I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!"
Jedi Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:16 PM   #70
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateMarvel View Post
Suit looks great. I made an edit of what it could look like if they went with the new 52 colors. Though I still prefer the yellow one.
I think I actually prefer this version, though I'm very impressed with what we've got. It does make me think Barry's suit needs an upgrade though.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:53 PM   #71
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

Most comic accurate suit in the CW to date.

BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:55 PM   #72
Xrated48
Drink It In Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post

Looks amazing so epic.

Xrated48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:57 PM   #73
Superhero 101
DESI

I like the suit but there is something about the cowl/mask where i think they can improve upon but it does look great

Old 07-12-2016, 01:35 PM   #74
Kyle
Side-Kick

I'm at a loss. Why the hell would Wally wear a villain's costume? A villain who has betrayed Barry? Something has to motivate that choice. It's an odd one. It's like Robin suiting up as the Joker because they have his costume laying around. Not saying he's a villain. But there's gonna be some interesting reasoning here.

It feels like a Flashpoint.

Last edited by Kyle; 07-12-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:49 PM   #75
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I'm at a loss. Why the hell would Wally wear a villain's costume? A villain who has betrayed Barry? Something has to motivate that choice. It's an odd one. It's like Robin suiting up as the Joker because they have his costume laying around. Not saying he's a villain. But there's gonna be some interesting reasoning here.

It feels like a Flashpoint.
Wtf are you talking about? Yellow and red has historically been Kid Flash colors too. Maybe CW Wally just likes yellow.

BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote