The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Flash

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2016, 03:11 PM   #76
escapistfool
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 4
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I'm at a loss. Why the hell would Wally wear a villain's costume? A villain who has betrayed Barry? Something has to motivate that choice. It's an odd one. It's like Robin suiting up as the Joker because they have his costume laying around. Not saying he's a villain. But there's gonna be some interesting reasoning here.

It feels like a Flashpoint.
ummm........... Wally's been yellow and red for decades.

escapistfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 03:23 PM   #77
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 30,880
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post


So glad it's the traditional suit and not the new52 garbage grey and black.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 03:24 PM   #78
Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 11,057
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

It's a faithful translation and all, but I don't think it looks good. It's kind of baggy on him.

Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 03:26 PM   #79
Kyle
Side-Kick
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2,902
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

Just checked and the main difference is a white logo and red pants. It would still be awkward if no mention is made of Reverse Flash. It's 45% the same costume. Even if in passing reference. "Hope you don't mind" "No, you like yellow.. It's... It's cool, that's your thing." As said I just in live action am getting serious Reverse Flash vibes stuck in my mind looking at it because it is - 45% the same thing. Anyone seeing him race into a room for the first time without a heads up would do a double take then realize the Reverse Flash hasn't come back or at least feel like an elephant is in the room.


Last edited by Kyle; 07-12-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 03:29 PM   #80
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,256
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

The costume looks great and it feels like Rebirth has come to life. They had to start the third season with him being Kid Flash after last season didn't end with him having super-speed. I think Flashpoint will start with Wally gaining super-speed.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:27 PM   #81
geetard
Rebirth
 
geetard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 8,951
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Just checked and the main difference is a white logo and red pants. It would still be awkward if no mention is made of Reverse Flash. It's 45% the same costume. Even if in passing reference. "Hope you don't mind" "No, you like yellow.. It's... It's cool, that's your thing." As said I just in live action am getting serious Reverse Flash vibes stuck in my mind looking at it because it is - 45% the same thing. Anyone seeing him race into a room for the first time without a heads up would do a double take then realize the Reverse Flash hasn't come back or at least feel like an elephant is in the room.
That's pretty much Kid Flash's costume...




geetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:10 PM   #82
Kyle
Side-Kick
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2,902
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

Yeah and it's pretty much Reverse Flash's costume...


Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Just change the logo and add red.

Anyone who believes people can't pick up on the elephant in the room are kidding themselves. This is something that is undoubtably going to be addressed in some form. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, what I'm saying is - it's going to be initially very awkward - how can it not be? "Because it's kid Flash's costume!" Nobody in the show has any idea who "kid Flash" is yet - just that their arch nemesis wore yellow and his suit was 45% the same as Wally's. In-show I don't know how it can't come off as odd to some characters because they have no idea what kid Flash's costume looked like in the non-show world let alone that there even is a kid Flash yet - how could they (?), just that they know this costume scheme already from a different in-world source. Basically IN-WORLD it's impossible for them to explain the decision as "Kid Flash had it in the Flash comics that nobody on the show knows" because the characters aren't omnipotent and can't see into our world, they've never hinted at meta. Because of that I don't see how there can't be an explanation given behind it or at the very least for it to initially be an elephant in the room - the in-world characters don't know Kid Flash all they know is Reverse Flash which modify the logo and add red. They can't use "because it's Kid Flash" as an explanation on the show for obvious reasons (the show hasn't shown meta omnipotence - there's no Kid Flash for the characters to go "that's kid Flash's costume"), there's going to be more to this or (as said) at the very least awkward moments at first.


Last edited by Kyle; 07-12-2016 at 06:38 PM.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:38 PM   #83
Legendver2
Third Phantom
 
Legendver2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,592
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

Either Kyle's never read a Kid Flash comic or I don't know. The same thing can be said about RF and KF costume in the comics, but no one bats an eye, but all of a sudden it's a problem in live action? Please.

__________________
Darkness. The truest darkness is not the absence of light. It is the conviction that the light will never return. But the light always returns to show us things familiar...This time, the light shown on the heroes coming out of the shadows to tell us we won't be alone again. Our darkness was deep and soon to swallow all hope. But these heroes were here the whole time to remind us that hope is real. That you can see it. All you have to do is look. Up in the sky.

~Lois Lane
Justice League
Legendver2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:42 PM   #84
Kyle
Side-Kick
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2,902
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendver2 View Post
Either Kyle's never read a Kid Flash comic or I don't know. The same thing can be said about RF and KF costume in the comics, but no one bats an eye, but all of a sudden it's a problem in live action? Please.
I never said it's a problem in live action. Improve your reading comprehension there bub, by a billion. I said they would note it in some form or way because it's going to read as an elephant in the room to both general viewers as well as to the in-world characters themselves. What I'm at a loss at is those who think they're just going to shrug it off when it is beyond simple and sooo very easy to come up with either an origin story for the costume or to explain it in something as simple as Wally loves yellow, that's interesting - odd, but reclaim it. Plus, the creatives get to leave another mark on the property that could become canon in comics and in show. Hell, the Reverse Flash's costume may have even been one he stole and retooled from Wally.

Let's put it another way, since it is easy to find an explanation for it - what creative motivation could they have to ignore it?

For the life of me I can't think of one outside of laziness, which I personally wouldn't categorize those making the show as at all.

Some who are saying "but it's Kid Flash's costume" are basically inherently going "the creatives shouldn't offer up any explanation behind it, or why Wally chose it, or note that for some characters it will remind them of the Reverse Flash if only momentarily, instead they should have the costume look like that with nothing behind it because that's the way it's always been." That reeks of creative lack of originality to me, which this show has proven to be anything but.

So for those going "shut up, it's Kid Flash's costume!" I never said it was a problem(ADDING: Hulking this because everyone keeps ignoring one blatant thing I have to state about a thousand times due to hopefully just speed-reading), let me throw down a gauntlet to you:

What creative motivation would they have to ignore it and what would be a creative positive impact of doing that?

As I've stated, noting it allows them to leave another mark on the show and further than that potentially on the Flash mythos as a whole.

What would ignoring it ever get them?


Last edited by Kyle; 07-12-2016 at 08:01 PM.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:40 PM   #85
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream
 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,826
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

It needs to be more fitted and cover up his forehead. He doesn't have the hair to pull off not having a full cowl.

But they really need to change up their materials.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:43 PM   #86
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero
 
ChrisBaleBatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shadow Moses
Posts: 19,677
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

Gotta say, I'm really happy with Kid Flash's costume. Looks really good, and looks like Kid Flash.

It's up there with my other favorite designs, like Slade and Supergirl. But, I'm very impressed with how much they stuck with the source. Looks really good.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:47 PM   #87
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero
 
ChrisBaleBatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shadow Moses
Posts: 19,677
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
It needs to be more fitted and cover up his forehead. He doesn't have the hair to pull off not having a full cowl.

But they really need to change up their materials.
Hmm, yeah. I think the fabric works because he's on the team. It gets way more flimsy for me when the villains and even Jay have the same fabric. But, for Kid Flash...it works for me because he's on the team.

And yeah, I mean the forehead of the cowl is kinda what it is because of he doesn't have anywhere near enough hair. The cowl does look a little more like Wally's New 52 suit to compensate for the lack of hair, too.

But, I'm happy with it. I mean, he looks like Kid Flash. That's great for me. If he ends up getting a pair of red goggles, that'd be pretty cool too.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:49 PM   #88
JamalYIgle
Side-Kick
 
JamalYIgle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,427
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I'm at a loss. Why the hell would Wally wear a villain's costume? A villain who has betrayed Barry? Something has to motivate that choice. It's an odd one. It's like Robin suiting up as the Joker because they have his costume laying around. Not saying he's a villain. But there's gonna be some interesting reasoning here.

It feels like a Flashpoint.
This has been Kid Flash's color scheme since 1963 (Flash #135).




__________________
WWW.JamalIgle.com
My opinions are are my own and do not reflect those of DC comics,Warner Bros, Marvel Entertainment, Walt Disney, IDW Publishing, Dark Horse Comics, Image Comics, Action Lab Entertainment unless otherwise stated.
JamalYIgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:51 PM   #89
JamalYIgle
Side-Kick
 
JamalYIgle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,427
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

What creative motivation would they have to ignore it and what would be a creative positive impact of doing that?

As I've stated, noting it allows them to leave another mark on the show and further than that potentially on the Flash mythos as a whole.

What would ignoring it ever get them?
Because for the sakes of branding and licensing, it helps to have the version of the character appearing on the show look as similar to his current comic book counterpart as possible.

__________________
WWW.JamalIgle.com
My opinions are are my own and do not reflect those of DC comics,Warner Bros, Marvel Entertainment, Walt Disney, IDW Publishing, Dark Horse Comics, Image Comics, Action Lab Entertainment unless otherwise stated.
JamalYIgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:55 PM   #90
Kyle
Side-Kick
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2,902
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamalYIgle View Post
Because for the sakes of branding and licensing, it helps to have the version of the character appearing on the show look as similar to his current comic book counterpart as possible.
So, what exactly would be the creative motivation and positive impact in using the costume and not providing an origin story or explanation behind it?

Not saying all who have stated "it's kid flash" are saying that - but those simply stating that from me saying "they're going to give an explanation or some kind of notating scene regarding it" as a response are saying they're going to ignore it completely and go the creative lazy route of acting like that similarly doesn't even exist.

I'm not saying don't use it, I didn't say using it was a problem - improve your reading comprehension. I've stated that using it wasn't a problem for what feels like a BILLION times. I've had to Hulk size it in the post above.

What I'm stating is what could be the creative motivation behind using it and ignoring something completely from a creative angle?

Go back, re-read, try again.


Last edited by Kyle; 07-12-2016 at 08:08 PM.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:07 PM   #91
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex
 
BlueLanternKal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LexCorp Tower, Metropolis
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

What if they don't address it? Will you quit the show? Because there're other areas of the show that could use improvment, none of which have to do with the color a superhero outfit.

BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:10 PM   #92
Kyle
Side-Kick
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2,902
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLanternKal View Post
What if they don't address it? Will you quit the show? Because there're other areas of the show that could use improvment, none of which have to do with the color a superhero outfit.
I didn't say I'd quit the show and it seems unlike you I have very, very little complaints about it - if any. To me, they'd note it because as a show that has few creative faults in my eye it would be seem weird if it doesn't even have a moment. Which some seem really hyper convinced it won't even come up at all, not even in passing and are getting up in arms over me saying something as simple as "they're going to offer an explanation for the suit."

So, basically you have nothing to add is what you're saying. You have no note at all as per why they should ignore it and rather would mark it up as evidently one of your many complaints about the show that could use improvement.


Last edited by Kyle; 07-12-2016 at 08:15 PM.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:15 PM   #93
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero
 
ChrisBaleBatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shadow Moses
Posts: 19,677
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
So, what exactly would be the creative positive impact in using the costume and providing an origin story or explanation behind it?

Which you blatantly ignored.
Dude...the season hasn't started. How would anybody know if they ignored it, since we haven't seen an episode yet? It's photos of what Kid Flash will (and should) look like.

Using the design seems smart, because it's Kid Flash. Having Kid Flash look like Kid Flash is just a good idea. Finding the reasoning is up to the writers, which we'll see.

I don't see any problems, at all, with coming up with an explanation. Just say, time travel, and I think everyone would shrug and say okay.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:17 PM   #94
Kyle
Side-Kick
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2,902
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
Dude...the season hasn't started. How would anybody know if they ignored it, since we haven't seen an episode yet?

Using the design seems smart, because it's Kid Flash. Having Kid Flash look like Kid Flash is just a good idea. Finding the reasoning is up to the writers, which we'll see.

I don't see any problems, at all, with coming up with an explanation. Just say, time travel, and I think everyone would shrug and say okay.
So, then you basically align with me.

I am saying they're most likely going to offer an explanation behind it or have a moment where someone gets confused for a second and thinks it's reverse Flash.

Which is throwing others into an uproar over the very notion that the show writers will either offer an explanation or note how similar the suits look in a throw away sense. Why the idea that the creatives will explain it or note it in an off-hand way is an obscene gesture to some... I have no clue lol. But, it seems explaining it or mentioning it is heretical for some reason to some. It would seem like explaining why Batman has white eyes would be suddenly an offensive notion now.

As I said - I have no problem with the suit. If you look up, I've said a billion times - I have no problem with the suit. I almost feel like I'm getting Punk'd lol.

People are saying I have a problem with a suit, when all I'm saying is they're going to offer an explanation or mention the similarity in some off-hand way - why that's blasphemy to some, I have no idea.


Last edited by Kyle; 07-12-2016 at 08:27 PM.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:17 PM   #95
SuperSanchez
I'm Not Mexican
 
SuperSanchez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,095
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

That costume looks so badass, I should really catch up on The Flash

__________________
🕷 Click here for some sick vids!🕷
"Don't be what they made you"
Welcome Home Spidey!!
SuperSanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:31 PM   #96
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!
 
Thome216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

It looks good. I think it looks more mustard than yellow though...

I wonder if the similarity might be explained as them using Reverse-Flash's costume as a starting point? But that makes me curious after seeing Kid-Flash.

Who's costume came first, Kid-Flash's or Reverse-Flash's? And that is in the entirety of the comics.

Regardless though, the costume is 'canon,' and it will be what it will be.

Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:32 PM   #97
Kyle
Side-Kick
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2,902
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome216 View Post
I wonder if the similarity might be explained as them using Reverse-Flash's costume as a starting point? But that makes me curious after seeing Kid-Flash.
Careful, you mention the two in the same sentence or mention there'll be an explanation or mention of the two looking similar in-world - you'll have people jumping on your back claiming you say you have a problem with it when you never said you did lol.

One route to possibly go is the Reverse Flash's costume was Wally's costume that he stole and retooled.

I like that idea a lot because then the suit would be more solely Wally's.


Last edited by Kyle; 07-12-2016 at 08:38 PM.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:50 PM   #98
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!
 
Thome216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

I like that!

What if everyone is against him being like Barry, you know wanting to keep Wally safe and all, but Wally is about doing what he wants and he needs a suit. So he takes RF's old one, and like you said, tools it for himself.

That would be sweet.

Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:53 PM   #99
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex
 
BlueLanternKal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LexCorp Tower, Metropolis
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

Kyle, no offense, but you're being pedantic for the sake of being pedantic.

BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:53 PM   #100
Kyle
Side-Kick
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2,902
Default Re: Keiynan Lonsdale is Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome216 View Post
I like that!

What if everyone is against him being like Barry, you know wanting to keep Wally safe and all, but Wally is about doing what he wants and he needs a suit. So he takes RF's old one, and like you said, tools it for himself.

That would be sweet.
That would be interesting.

But meant more Reverse Flash somehow gets Wally's suit from the future, so the Reverse Flash suit we saw is actually and always has been Wally's.

That way the suit may have appeared earlier as Reverse Flash's, but it's always been his. Takes the ownership of it away from Reverse Flash, and gives sole ownership of it to Wally.

It can start off as simple as Wally just really wants a yellow suit - the notion that the color basically fits him like a glove. Then in the future, if we ever get back into Reverse Flash and showing the future - revealing that it's always been Wally's. I'm not even saying do that all this season. But, I just like the notion that Wally's suit has always naturally been yellow and if not for Reverse Flash traveling back - he would have been the first yellow speedster.

Basically, as said, giving sole ownership back to him.


Last edited by Kyle; 07-12-2016 at 08:58 PM.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.