The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Flash

Old 06-14-2017, 01:01 PM   #51
Richard Grayson
Side-Kick

Default Re: Barry & Caitlin - The SnowBarry Thread

No thanks. I'm one who doesn't really care for Panabaker's acting plus I don't see any way this is done now without seeming contrived

Richard Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:29 AM   #52
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
i don't know how people can say west family overtook show.in some ways season 3 became iris and wally west show with barry as love intrest for iris.
the writers are to blame for backlash.they are the ones who changed it that is causing backlash with some.

people fell in love with show during season 1 with barry,caitlin,and cisco team.they need to get back to it and sop rewriting history.
Yeah not really a fan of Patton's constant crying and the way she contorts her face to "feel" emotions, sometimes she just has one expression and it bothers me to no end. she can't carry the show just like Keiynan can't. It's the writing and the performance, terrible miscasting.

Here is hoping they will expand upon what was great. I always said Team Flash, Caitlin, Cisco and Barry on the battle field is the best kind of action there is. The less we see the Wests, the better the stories will be.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:45 AM   #53
marvelrobbins
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Angel View Post
Yeah not really a fan of Patton's constant crying and the way she contorts her face to "feel" emotions, sometimes she just has one expression and it bothers me to no end. she can't carry the show just like Keiynan can't. It's the writing and the performance, terrible miscasting.

Here is hoping they will expand upon what was great. I always said Team Flash, Caitlin, Cisco and Barry on the battle field is the best kind of action there is. The less we see the Wests, the better the stories will be.
ironic the westallen fans crritize Danielle's acting.Danielle had she been cast as iris maybe more would have liked barry & Iris better.while they should with their love of west family have wally as flash they probally know they can't have
Keiyan carry show so in season preiere barry will get out of speed force.

barry,caitlin,and cisco are core characters as team flash.time to get back to it.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:01 PM   #54
Avenging Angel

Fans of westallen in this show are not the same as the fans of them in the comics. Two separate things. I said Danielle is an exact copy of Iris from the comics that's why she is liked better. The West family will always be a small part of the comics, they've wrecked it in this show, no one really cares about the family, they've gotten dumber each episode.

I know Barry will come back probably by episode 2. Wally couldn't replace Barry, if the show was placed in Keiynan's hands it would fail. Grant stays the show is fine, they just need to return to the glory days.

Old 06-15-2017, 02:18 PM   #55
marvelrobbins
Banned User

Quote:
Fans of westallen in this show are not the same as the fans of them in the comics. Two separate things. I said Danielle is an exact copy of Iris from the comics that's why she is liked better. The West family will always be a small part of the comics, they've wrecked it in this show, no one really cares about the family, they've gotten dumber each episode.

I know Barry will come back probably by episode 2. Wally couldn't replace Barry, if the show was placed in Keiynan's hands it would fail. Grant stays the show is fine, they just need to return to the glory days.
exactly.west family has terrable writing.danielle could have played the comic iris if that is what they wanted.it wasn't.westallen is very different in comics than show.

at most i expect barry out of speed force at end of season premiere just like flashpoint.most flash fans even if they don't like westallen wouldn't want show without grant.they need to get back to core team that audences fell in love with.since one of producers left hopefully they can get back on course.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:49 AM   #56
Avenging Angel

There's a few scenes between Caitlin and Barry that were cut for time in Season 2 & 3. Basically that means the writers feel threatened that they have more chemistry than Iris and Barry.

Old 07-03-2017, 03:13 PM   #57
Avenging Angel

If it's such a crackship the fandom wouldn't include the regular viewers. Westallens of this show are akin to Oliciters. The show's ratings will tank the more they push westallen and Iris everywhere. She's not a fan favorite most will not miss her when she leaves. Same with Emily and Felicity.

Old 07-03-2017, 03:34 PM   #58
Avenging Angel

This isn't twitter. Anyone can create fake accounts on twitter to win those silly polls. We have actual discussions here. You can't use the same arguments in this thread. You have to actually form a point that doesn't include the words "crackship" "delusional" and "racist".

I'm hardly a shipper. Sure I like certain people together because it's more natural than shoehorning ships to appease fandoms. I'm part of the flash fandom just barely. The show has weak links and Iris and westallen have been one of many.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:24 PM   #59
Avenging Angel

Ugh you shippers really ruin discussions everywhere you show up. That racism argument was brought up when Candice was cast and debunked. If you can't argue a real point then we can't have a discussion. SHH isn't the place for fights, sorry.

Old 07-04-2017, 05:52 PM   #60
marvelrobbins
Banned User

Quote:
Ugh you shippers really ruin discussions everywhere you show up. That racism argument was brought up when Candice was cast and debunked. If you can't argue a real point then we can't have a discussion. SHH isn't the place for fights, sorry.
snowbarry fandom isn't small.i find it funny people come to snowbarry thread to trash it.i can concede the westallen fanbase is slightly larger than snowbarry.problem for them is many in ga also are tired of the irs and wally west show.and most snwbarry shippers never bring up race.more fact it's creepy ship with joe and wally calling barry son and brother and rewriting of
history of show to force iris role.

Old 07-05-2017, 01:20 AM   #61
Avenging Angel

Snowbarry probably isn't, you're right. As far as the other ship goes I have no doubt they are loud and obnoxious like Olicitors. I brought it up because I know it was going to be one of the many reasons for a thread like this. This isn't even about race at all. I never even called westallen a crackship, they were already married on Earth 2, there is no reason to drag something that will ultimately go nowhere.

The fact of the matter is Candice and Grant have no romantic chemistry which says a lot about the failure of westallen as a whole along with the abysmal writing. As for Wally, I just have no patience for the character, if he improves fine, but so far he and the rest of the West family have made Season 3 unbearable.

The writers feel very threatened by these shippers simply because they are afraid to be called racist if they break up westallen for good. It doesn't make them racist, it makes them logical because what works for the show isn't westallen. The writing for that ship has been cringe worthy. I can't stand the majority of the shippers either, they are a nuisance like you've seen here, like Olicitors were for Arrow. They're not that big just loud.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:43 PM   #62
Avenging Angel

Quote:
The CW Network has quite an history on giving up on their designated OTP when it turns out to be both very unpopular and poorly written.
Both have been true of Westallen, nobody but the shippers who have accepted this version of Iris wants them. Season 3 being the lowest rated it's been, lower than Arrow dropped, this ship has been at the forefront of the main plots. Iris is in every scene involving Barry and the quality has suffered because of it.

Quote:
However, The Flash staff is having serious problems writting for their female characters but that's a different discussion for another day.
Iris is included into that female issue since she's a female, a supporting one at that. Far from the lead, that's Barry since it's still called The Flash. Shippers like yourself need to know that.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:16 PM   #63
30Airrazor
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Both have been true of Westallen, nobody but the shippers who have accepted this version of Iris wants them. Season 3 being the lowest rated it's been, lower than Arrow dropped, this ship has been at the forefront of the main plots. Iris is in every scene involving Barry and the quality has suffered because of it.

Iris is included into that female issue since she's a female, a supporting one at that. Far from the lead, that's Barry since it's still called The Flash. Shippers like yourself need to know that.
If the showrunners develop & written Iris character a lot better before the series even begin, this might be a different story.

30Airrazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:48 PM   #64
marvelrobbins
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Airrazor View Post
If the showrunners develop & written Iris character a lot better before the series even begin, this might be a different story.
the writers are the one who made them creepy by making them foster sibling and for much of show for season 1 and half of season 2 iris never looked at barry that way nomatter what they say now.and they have iris instead of being reporter consently around starlabs all the time giving orders.

we don't have any idea what killerfrost storyline is for season 4 but they do give out iformation on iris.iris didn't even care in season finale h.r. gave his life for her's.

Old 07-15-2017, 01:02 PM   #65
Avenging Angel

Quote:
I'd like to hold my breath for track records that back up decent material.

Quote:
the writers are the one who made them creepy by making them foster sibling and for much of show for season 1 and half of season 2 iris never looked at barry that way nomatter what they say now.and they have iris instead of being reporter consently around starlabs all the time giving orders.

we don't have any idea what killerfrost storyline is for season 4 but they do give out iformation on iris.iris didn't even care in season finale h.r. gave his life for her's.
Well yeah. I've been saying this from the pilot. Someone thought foster siblings who grew up together sound romantic. Candice and Grant have no chemistry, they screwed up there too. Iris only saw Barry as he step brother, nothing more.

I know and that's what is frustrating going into the season. Everything after HR's death, Barry's apathy to save his life or mourn, later on when Iris became a murderer killing Savitar and she concluded with laughing and "I'm gonna deal with it when I feel like it, now that I'm alive it's time to discuss the wedding." The cringe is so powerful there, up until the creepy off key singing of that corny song written for them. The whole scene made me hate Barry and the show even more.

Cisco and Caitlin need to get out of there, it's turning into the West show pretty fast and the low ratings are proof of it not working. No one cares about terribly written characters. We came to see the action, fighting, character growth and only a little romance.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:44 PM   #66
marvelrobbins
Banned User

Quote:
I'd like to hold my breath for track records that back up decent material.

Well yeah. I've been saying this from the pilot. Someone thought foster siblings who grew up together sound romantic. Candice and Grant have no chemistry, they screwed up there too. Iris only saw Barry as he step brother, nothing more.

I know and that's what is frustrating going into the season. Everything after HR's death, Barry's apathy to save his life or mourn, later on when Iris became a murderer killing Savitar and she concluded with laughing and "I'm gonna deal with it when I feel like it, now that I'm alive it's time to discuss the wedding." The cringe is so powerful there, up until the creepy off key singing of that corny song written for them. The whole scene made me hate Barry and the show even more.

Cisco and Caitlin need to get out of there, it's turning into the West show pretty fast and the low ratings are proof of it not working. No one cares about terribly written characters. We came to see the action, fighting, character growth and only a little romance.
the writers are also ****ting on eddie from season 1 which they maintained they didn't want audences to see as a-hole standing in way of barry & iris and they mostly succeed in that now they totaly undercut season 1 with their nonesense

trouble in season 3 is they have been undercutting barry and caitlin's close friendship.back in 2x01 she said she didn't leave with ronnie because of barry and the team.now the friendship scenes rarely happen.and after it was barry who brought her back in 3x07 now they are being downplayed.

on twitter i consently refer to flash as iris and wally west show.it doesn't help the creepyness with joe contuning to call barry his son and wally calls barry his brother.

i really myself see 3 scenrios for caitlin in s4

1-working for new big bad
2:she has come back to team flash and now followes iris orders
3:when barry gets out of speed force barry is able to convince her to rejoin team where she works under iris with cisco.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:28 PM   #67
Avenging Angel

This just seems disingenuous. Caitlin is giving relationship advice to Iris? Wouldn't that mean that Caitlin appears to know Barry better than Iris does? I can't with this couple. I feel like they are doing this friendship angle to demolish the chemistry Grant and Danielle have. Not everyone cares about Barry and Iris.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:09 PM   #68
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

When you give relationship advice to someone, it doesnt mean you necessarily know the other person better. You've been there, done that which is where the advice comes from.

Snowberry was never going to happen romantically, their chemistry can still be there as being bffs.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:25 PM   #69
30Airrazor
Newbie First Class

Quote:
This just seems disingenuous. Caitlin is giving relationship advice to Iris? Wouldn't that mean that Caitlin appears to know Barry better than Iris does? I can't with this couple. I feel like they are doing this friendship angle to demolish the chemistry Grant and Danielle have. Not everyone cares about Barry and Iris.
I feel like there's some sort of resentment, disrespect, or jealousy towards Panabaker by some of the showrunners & writers because of chemistry she has with Gustin & its appalling in my eyes because the 3rd season was bad & if it weren't for episode 3x07, then it would've been worse.

30Airrazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:29 PM   #70
marvelrobbins
Banned User

Quote:
I feel like there's some sort of resentment, disrespect, or jealousy towards Panabaker by some of the showrunners & writers because of chemistry she has with Gustin & its appalling in my eyes because the 3rd season was bad & if it weren't for episode 3x07, then it would've been worse.
exactly.they don't like it that danielle has following and great chemistry with grant.

to me having caitlin give wa relationship advice is insult to injury to snowbarry fandom.

Old 09-16-2017, 02:15 PM   #71
Avenging Angel

Quote:
That episode was actually one of the highlights of Season 3 mostly in part due to Danielle and Grant's intense chemistry the show runners seem to ignore. Season 3 was otherwise the worst one if not for Killer Frost.

I remember when this place was really popular, Seasons 1 and 2 were going strong, now it's interesting with each new season people are talking about it less and less. I have never seen a character (Iris) who does nothing slowly take center stage over The Flash himself. Love interests are not that important, not even in comics. The stories are. Barry and Caitlin had a friendship going, it's a shame the show runners care more about Westallen than they do focusing on the more interesting characters: Caitlin, Cisco and Harry. Olicity, maybe worse, all over again.

Old 09-16-2017, 02:17 PM   #72
Avenging Angel

Quote:
exactly.they don't like it that danielle has following and great chemistry with grant.

to me having caitlin give wa relationship advice is insult to injury to snowbarry fandom.
It's an insult to people actually watching the show from Season 1 up until now. No surprise the writing was better when Barry and Caitlin had more scenes together along with Cisco and the team.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:37 AM   #73
marvelrobbins
Banned User

Quote:
It's an insult to people actually watching the show from Season 1 up until now. No surprise the writing was better when Barry and Caitlin had more scenes together along with Cisco and the team.
it's funny how even cast says season 1 was best season.

Old 09-17-2017, 07:05 PM   #74
Avenging Angel

No doubt. And then there's Grant referencing the iconic Snowbarry karaoke episode. No mentions of Westallen even though they were all over Season 3. The first gif he has a big smile on his face.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:09 PM   #75
Verick808
Side-Kick

This thread has become a conspiracy theorist den, I see.

Batman V Superman - 6( EC- 7)
Suicide Squad 4.5
Verick808 is offline   Reply With Quote