Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 11:01 PM   #576
Lantern Venom
Arrowverse needs Kyle

Default Re: The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
Seen those except the bachelor party.
I thought the midseason finale would be worth jumping back in.
The bachelor party eppy was probably the weakest of the season, so don't let that put you off coming back. The biggest storyline right now is that...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Thinker transferred his consciousness into another body and used his old one to frame Barry for murder. It was an outstanding finale, and now Barry is going to trial.

The Flash: The Greatest Super Hero TV Show of All-Time.

Venom: 5/4/07 = Humiliation. 10/5/18 = Redemption?

R.I.P. Vartha, The Mod of Thunder.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:38 PM   #577
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman2 View Post
To me she is 10000000 times worse then lana. Have zero problem with lana in till like mid season 5 into 6 when she got with lex.
I remember it well. I never hated Kristin's acting, it was always the writing.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:39 PM   #578
Avenging Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
Is that due to poor writing or poor acting?
%10000 both. I've been saying since the start Candice is miscast.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:47 PM   #579
herolee10
No More Miracles

Even now this shot still gives me the shivers. I know this is a Television show but anyone who says that they're a professional in this field should not give this shot the all clear and allow it to be put on National Television:

1 Corinthians 10:13
Old 01-16-2018, 11:59 AM   #580
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Eh, there’s time and budget. There’s only so much that can be done.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:57 PM   #581
igoogol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Even now this shot still gives me the shivers. I know this is a Television show but anyone who says that they're a professional in this field should not give this shot the all clear and allow it to be put on National Television:

If they took over a year to produce a 2-hour ep on almost a half-billion budget, then you might have a point.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:58 PM   #582
Travesty
Side-Kick

I mean, it's a TV show on a small network, what do you expect? If this was something like GOT on HBO, sure, I would think you have a point, but this is The Flash on the CW.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:58 PM   #583
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I mean, it's a TV show on a small network, what do you expect? If this was something like GOT on HBO, sure, I would think you have a point, but this is The Flash on the CW.
I wonder what kind of budget the Flash has compared to like smallville because they are both shows and where both on CW but I think smallville had much better effects and smallville is a much older show.

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Need to rewatch about 5 to have a final list.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:36 PM   #584
Avenging Angel

Smallville had higher ratings, their budget was higher.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:30 PM   #585
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Angel View Post
Smallville had higher ratings, their budget was higher.
wasn't most of that simply due to the cast salaries like Welling or the guy playing Lex.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:31 PM   #586
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Angel View Post
%10000 both. I've been saying since the start Candice is miscast.
i wonder why they selected her. she barely seems on CW level of acting.
but also, the writing for her is quite weak

Old 01-16-2018, 05:38 PM   #587
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
wasn't most of that simply due to the cast salaries like Welling or the guy playing Lex.
This and while smallville did have high ratings for the CW so does the flash and smallville ended in 2011 flash didn't start in till 2014 so 3 years of tech advantage for flash yet I find the worse effects on the flash are much worse looking then the worse effects of smallville and to take it even farther smallville started in 2001 and a lot of the effects back then don't look that bad compared to the flash and yes I know smallville didn't start on the CW but still smallville started all the way back in 2001 13 years before the flash.

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Old 01-16-2018, 11:09 PM   #588
Sorath
Side-Kick

Quote:
This and while smallville did have high ratings for the CW so does the flash and smallville ended in 2011 flash didn't start in till 2014 so 3 years of tech advantage for flash yet I find the worse effects on the flash are much worse looking then the worse effects of smallville and to take it even farther smallville started in 2001 and a lot of the effects back then don't look that bad compared to the flash and yes I know smallville didn't start on the CW but still smallville started all the way back in 2001 13 years before the flash.
I watched Smallville religiously back when it was on the air. I also watch the Flash. I love both shows and both have their good points and their bad points. I will tell you this both shows are about equal in terms of special effects. There some special effects where I'm going "OMG that was aweful" other times there special effects where I'm going "OMG that was awesome." They both have their ups and downs.

If you ask me Season 5-7 where smallville weakest seasons. The whole Lana, Lex, Clark thing got annoying. I was glad when Kristin Kreuk left the show. By season 7 the show seem to be less about Clark and more about every one else. Season 8 things got back on track and the show became great again. Now don't get me wrong there where still some great episodes between season 5-7. One my favorit when Clark crash Lex and Lana Dinner rehearsal. Was so much fun watching him go off on every one. It was always awesome when you see Tom go off like that. It becomes very scary in good way.

I also agree that Iris has become a weak part of the show. I would be okay if they killed her off. She has always been a very bland character unfortunately. However I still love the show and story are really good.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:19 PM   #589
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Greg Berlanti Opens Up About Andrew Kreisberg: ‘I Was Shocked, I Was Disappointed, I Was Confused’ (EXCLUSIVE)

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-17-2018, 12:50 AM   #590
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wonder what kind of budget the Flash has compared to like smallville because they are both shows and where both on CW but I think smallville had much better effects and smallville is a much older show.
Smallville was a flagship show for CW, I don't think the Flash is for them. They also had less shows back then as a network so they likely focused on Smallville.

Supernatural effects are not that good anymore. They barely do anything in terms of costumes and effects. CW budgets are not high anymore.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:00 AM   #591
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

I remember finding Smallville's effects (after the more expensive pilot) laughable even back then. They went for photo-realism and failed spectacularly, imo. Flash's visuals are usually more intentionally stylized. Or, to quote Roger Ebert's appraisal of Serenity's low-budget vfx: they are "dubious but energetic."

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Old 01-17-2018, 01:26 AM   #592
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

If I remember correctly, the shows budget got less over time so the effects started to look more cartoony/comic booky. For example, heat vision first looked like real heat waves with a little bit of red to it and then eventually they added a lot of red to it. And of course how they used sets or shot on location changed.

Old 01-17-2018, 03:23 AM   #593
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkillin View Post
Smallville was a flagship show for CW, I don't think the Flash is for them. They also had less shows back then as a network so they likely focused on Smallville.

Supernatural effects are not that good anymore. They barely do anything in terms of costumes and effects. CW budgets are not high anymore.
Cant say about supernatural has I have never watched the show before but I don't think CW has ever had that high of budgets has it is not a big time network. I do know that smallville had a budget cut at one point in time I think like season 8 or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorath View Post
I watched Smallville religiously back when it was on the air. I also watch the Flash. I love both shows and both have their good points and their bad points. I will tell you this both shows are about equal in terms of special effects. There some special effects where I'm going "OMG that was aweful" other times there special effects where I'm going "OMG that was awesome." They both have their ups and downs.

If you ask me Season 5-7 where smallville weakest seasons. The whole Lana, Lex, Clark thing got annoying. I was glad when Kristin Kreuk left the show. By season 7 the show seem to be less about Clark and more about every one else. Season 8 things got back on track and the show became great again. Now don't get me wrong there where still some great episodes between season 5-7. One my favorit when Clark crash Lex and Lana Dinner rehearsal. Was so much fun watching him go off on every one. It was always awesome when you see Tom go off like that. It becomes very scary in good way.

I also agree that Iris has become a weak part of the show. I would be okay if they killed her off. She has always been a very bland character unfortunately. However I still love the show and story are really good.
Not ever effect is amazing but I find that smallville had much better effects. It was far less often that I found a effect laughable on smallville then I do on the flash and the effects on smallville more often impressed me then they do on the flash.

Old 01-17-2018, 02:06 PM   #594
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

FLASH Facts: The Trial Of The Flash Part One

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 01-17-2018, 08:52 PM   #595
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

After Months of Wearing Grey Spandex, The Flash Is Finally Giving Elongated Man a Costume

"

Old 01-17-2018, 10:05 PM   #596
Reek
_________

the CW has done some dumb **** with their shows... but the scene where Barry and Iris are "moving so fast no one knows whats going on" is maybe the dumbest.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:42 PM   #597
igoogol
Side-Kick

Quote:
After Months of Wearing Grey Spandex, The Flash Is Finally Giving Elongated Man a Costume
Yes! Not that I didn't enjoy the joke that's Ralph's outfit, but it's time for the next phase of his journey to E-Man. Is it me or does his new uni make him look 19?

Quote:
the scene where Barry and Iris are "moving so fast no one knows whats going on" is maybe the dumbest.
That about describes everything WA.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:50 PM   #598
Avenging Angel

Quote:
i wonder why they selected her. she barely seems on CW level of acting.
but also, the writing for her is quite weak
The reject pile, they were running out of time.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:38 PM   #599
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
the CW has done some dumb **** with their shows... but the scene where Barry and Iris are "moving so fast no one knows whats going on" is maybe the dumbest.
Even Barry said he didn't know how he was doing it, even though he did it once before while in DeVoe's 'place.'

I'm just assuming that since Barry can move fast enough to slip through matter, that he may be able to vibrate his body fast enough for light to pass straight through him, thus being invisible.

Just an assumption though.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:41 PM   #600
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome216 View Post
Even Barry said he didn't know how he was doing it, even though he did it once before while in DeVoe's 'place.'

I'm just assuming that since Barry can move fast enough to slip through matter, that he may be able to vibrate his body fast enough for light to pass straight through him, thus being invisible.

Just an assumption though.
But that doesn't explain how he can pass that on to Iris. How was she talking to him in that "bubble"?

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Closed Thread