The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Flash

View Poll Results: What rating would you give this episode?
1 6 26.09%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 2 8.70%
6 5 21.74%
7 4 17.39%
8 3 13.04%
9 3 13.04%
10 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2017, 12:58 PM   #76
SWAT
Pool of the Death

Default Re: The Flash Season 4 Episode 5- "Girls Night Out"

I gave up on this episode. The whole #femenism was so heavy handed it was embarrassing.

Stand Your Ground And Burn Them Down.-
SWAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:12 PM   #77
Jesse
Old Curmudgeon

Honestly the preview for this looked stupid but it wasn't nearly as bad as I was dreading. It definitely played on the cheesy bachelor party cliches though and some of it was a bit eye-rolling. It was great to see Katee Sackhoff show up but I've never seen her ham-it-up like that before. Interesting take on The Weeper, drunk Barry was kind of funny and I liked seeing Amunet Black fight Killer Frost.

Old 11-08-2017, 02:24 PM   #78
Guard82
Side-Kick

Amunet Black was a cool villainess, not to mention very easy on the eyes. I'd like to see more of her. Katee Sackhoff looked like she was having a ton of fun in the role, lol.

Guard82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:25 PM   #79
Zant
Side-Kick

Poor man's Jim Carrey should go away......

Zant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:26 PM   #80
batdude
Side-Kick

Look, Really I liked this one, but mainly because Felicity and Ralph were really funny. Katee Sackoff seemed to be having fun too, but the "Feminism" thing got to be a little much.

batdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:55 PM   #81
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

They could have done #feminism one more time... Or just once, at least. I didn't mind it too much though. Cringed a little, but I got over it.

Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:14 PM   #82
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

That was fun. Hopefully Katiee Sackhoff's character returns.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:15 PM   #83
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
My biggest complaint about this episode is that they decided to have the episode center around the girls which is great! But they had to make sure that you knew this was a girls episode instead of treating them like yet another episode. It had to be all "girl power! #feminism!"
My thoughts exactly.

I liked getting some Caitlin/Iris bonding time, I loved Ralph's reaction to Killer Frost turning back in to Caitlin, and Katee Sackhoff had some fun moments. But otherwise, this episode was terribly done, imo.

I appreciate the fact that they're trying to course correct after the angsty rut of last season, but so far this season's all over the place for me. I really enjoyed last week, and I mostly enjoyed the episode before that. But the first two eps less so and now this one's a new low. These are the kind of growing pains I expect from a show first starting out, not one in its 4th season. It's like the show is trying to find itself all over again.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:19 PM   #84
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
It's like the show is trying to find itself all over again.
GOOD
It needs to

Astro13Zombie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:30 PM   #85
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Someone on another forum made a really good observation: Iris (of course) has no one that is just hers that they can focus on. Her storylines all revolve around the team/Barry while Cisco has Gypsy, Caitlin has KF/Amunet, Joe has his baby momma, even Wells has Jessie/E2.

They really need to bring back Iris' journalism.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:45 PM   #86
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

This show is turning into a lost cause. I'm running out of reasons to find enjoyment. The sun shines too brightly out of Iris' bum for the show runners to care about the quality of their show. Meet the new Felicity. Feminist garbage, politics everywhere, not enough Killer Frost development, way too much useless characters hogging the screen.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:47 PM   #87
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
GOOD
It needs to
True, it does, but it needs to do the actual "finding" soon, because right now it still seems to just be wandering, like it's starting from scratch. They should have more a clue about what works and what doesn't at this stage. It's not ACTUALLY a new show trying to find its way, just behaving like one.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:54 PM   #88
igoogol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Someone on another forum made a really good observation: Iris (of course) has no one that is just hers that they can focus on. Her storylines all revolve around the team/Barry while Cisco has Gypsy, Caitlin has KF/Amunet, Joe has his baby momma, even Wells has Jessie/E2.

They really need to bring back Iris' journalism.
Iris isn't a meta, has no specialized knowledge or skills. IOW, she's no Barry, Cisco, Gypsy, Caitlin or even Amunet. Trying to make her equal to them just exposes how hollow she is. Unrequited love, girlfriend, fiance, soon to be wife, journalist or leader: does it matter what they have her do? It's all just filler and unbelievable. Same goes for Joe and Cecile baby drama, and I love Joe. But that end talk they had was looooooong and didn't do anything except give them a scene that had nothing to do with anything which also describes Iris's scenes.

igoogol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:49 PM   #89
mqg96
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by igoogol View Post
Iris isn't a meta, has no specialized knowledge or skills. IOW, she's no Barry, Cisco, Gypsy, Caitlin or even Amunet. Trying to make her equal to them just exposes how hollow she is. Unrequited love, girlfriend, fiance, soon to be wife, journalist or leader: does it matter what they have her do? It's all just filler and unbelievable. Same goes for Joe and Cecile baby drama, and I love Joe. But that end talk they had was looooooong and didn't do anything except give them a scene that had nothing to do with anything which also describes Iris's scenes.
Yeah, you can't have EVERY single character on the show with powers and/or is a superhero. We need some folks who can be their own character with street smart skills. Iris has some tough blood from her father Joe and has a fiance who's been a hero for nearly 4 years now. Let her be herself.

mqg96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:18 PM   #90
Lantern Venom
Arrowverse needs Kyle

This episode was a nice mix of comedy and gravitas. Amunet's powers were a little underwhelming, but she certainly was cruel. The conflict between Black and Frost was a nice change of pace. The #feminism/druken Barry were good counterbalances to the Thinker's ominous arrival.

The Flash: The Greatest Super Hero TV Show of All-Time.

Venom: 5/4/07 = Humiliation. 10/5/18 = Redemption?

R.I.P. Vartha, The Mod of Thunder.

Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:35 PM   #91
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

I liked seeing Caitlin as Frost. I hope she can change back and forth at will in future. They should've had a Halloween episode where she was dressed up as Elsa.

It was cool to see the frost breath too. It would be great if Caitlyn could use part of her powers still as Caitlin sometimes.

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:59 AM   #92
igoogol
Side-Kick

Other than Ralph and the disastrous bachelor party, this was pretty bad. Iris, Felicity and Cecile as Barry, Cisco and Joe was total fanfic. Really really bad Mary Sue fanfic. 3 out of 5 eps have been fillers, that's not a good sign for the rest of the season.

igoogol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:32 AM   #93
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Could Killer Frost be Iris's maid of honor? I'd love to see her like that. Although she might look more like the bride with all her white.

Seems like Caitlin might have things more under control if she's willing to offer a custom ice sculpture for the wedding.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:19 AM   #94
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

So, the fix that they gave Caitlyn actually pushed Frost into a separate personality, or has she always been so?
I was under the impression that Caityln knew what from Frost was doing and vice/versa. At least until this season.

And Iris can be just Iris, as I like her enough. I have no problem with her being a central member of the team, and would rather they left the journalism to the Man of Steal and the Maid of Might.

And guess what? They're having a baby. It's happening. I'm fine with it and think it's a nice 'surprise' development, as having a baby can be sometimes. Joe is believably concerned about being too old, and it brought on a nice scene in the jail cell with Barry offering support.

Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:24 AM   #95
brandeezy89
Side-Kick

Iris needs to get a real job and meet people. She's probably had the same amount of screen time as Barry this season. Should rename the show Flash & Iris, better yet she should just become The Flash

brandeezy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:27 AM   #96
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome216 View Post
So, the fix that they gave Caitlyn actually pushed Frost into a separate personality, or has she always been so?
I was under the impression that Caityln knew what from Frost was doing and vice/versa. At least until this season.

And Iris can be just Iris, as I like her enough. I have no problem with her being a central member of the team, and would rather they left the journalism to the Man of Steal and the Maid of Might.

And guess what? They're having a baby. It's happening. I'm fine with it and think it's a nice 'surprise' development, as having a baby can be sometimes. Joe is believably concerned about being too old, and it brought on a nice scene in the jail cell with Barry offering support.
If they are separate identities, how did Frost know that Iris and Barry are getting married soon? Frost hasn't been let out for a while. How does she even know that Barry is back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandeezy89 View Post
Iris needs to get a real job and meet people. She's probably had the same amount of screen time as Barry this season. Should rename the show Flash & Iris, better yet she should just become The Flash
Is Iris not working as a reporter anymore? That seems to have been completely dropped.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:55 AM   #97
confused
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Good god, this was terrible.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyricky View Post
I dont even know where to start with this episode. Some stuff was good with killer frost, but the whole theme of feminism girl power was vomit enducing.
I AGREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandeezy89 View Post
Iris probably had the same amount of screen time as Barry this season. Should rename the show Flash & Iris, better yet she should just become The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT View Post
I gave up on this episode. The whole #femenism was so heavy handed it was embarrassing.
So true

Last edited by C. Lee; 11-09-2017 at 10:52 AM.
confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:21 AM   #98
confused
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqg96 View Post
Yeah, you can't have EVERY single character on the show with powers and/or is a superhero.
No one is saying EVERY character should be a superhero/meta-human, the issue here is how the non-superhero/meta characters are written in the show, which is mostly bad .

Quote:
We need some folks who can be their own character with street smart skills.
Dr.Harrison Wells, Rathaway, Leonard Snart, The Trickster, Dr.Julian...

Quote:
Iris has some tough blood from her father Joe and has a fiance who's been a hero for nearly 4 years now. Let her be herself.
What the heck is 'tough blood'?

She's only been The Flash' fiancee for 1 season, if that, how does that help?
Iris(#feminism) being herself right now is kinda like...The Disaster Artist

confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:37 AM   #99
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Are you just trying to get your post count up so you can post some spam links?

Old 11-09-2017, 11:40 AM   #100
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

I wasn't impressed with this ep. I mean, it had some good stuff, like Drunk Barry. Overall, though, it had three key flaws:

1. Amunet just wasn't convincing, as either a powerful threat or as a smart crimelord. Just didn't sell.

2. Cailtin spent the episode carrying the jobber ball. At no point was I convinced she shouldn't be able to just solve all the problems in the episode. We've seen how powerful is, she just felt like she wasn't trying.

Which all leads into the big core flaw. . .

3. Iris. This whole episode could be called "Lets Try To Pump Up How Awesome Iris Is". Now she's somehow close friends with people she's barely met before, giving "inspiring" speeches to everyone, at the front line. . . it was transparent and laughable. It reminded me mostly of the Superstar spell from Buffy, in that she seems to have benefited from the baby brother version of it.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote