The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Flash

View Poll Results: What rating would you give the episode?
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 1 7.69%
5 2 15.38%
6 1 7.69%
7 3 23.08%
8 3 23.08%
9 3 23.08%
10 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2017, 10:49 AM   #26
igoogol
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Flash Season 4 Episode 6-"When Harry Met Harry"

Love the chemistry between Barry and Ralph who also brings out a more competent Barry, unlike the rest of the team. Caitlin and Cisco's silent communication was a perfect but not over the top reminder that, hey, they're friends who've known each other long enough to be in-sync like that. Same goes for Joe and Barry at the crime scene. Cisco's scenes with the council of Wells saved them from being a lame, time-wasting showcase for Tom Cavanagh. Tom is good, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. This was a fun back-on-track ep with some flourishes of sweet VFX candy with the armor and T-rex. More of this please.

igoogol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:00 PM   #27
shabadoo25
Side-Kick

What a clunker. The Council of Wells was embarassingly stupid. Again, we are seeing a character introduced that has to save the day because Barry keeps getting taken out.

They really don't know what to do with Barry's speed when it comes to taking out enemies.

shabadoo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:54 PM   #28
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

I liked that they showed Barry doing some police CSI work, swabbing the cat statue for blood. The show has a tendency to forget Barry is a CSI.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:47 PM   #29
batdude
Side-Kick

The council of Wells was a little too much. Ralph does liven this show up, unlike Wally.

batdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:47 PM   #30
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

I like Ralph Dibny more than Wally, who should be in Legends as that team needs a speedster.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:08 PM   #31
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabadoo25 View Post
What a clunker. The Council of Wells was embarassingly stupid. Again, we are seeing a character introduced that has to save the day because Barry keeps getting taken out.

They really don't know what to do with Barry's speed when it comes to taking out enemies.
I thought they were dumb too. Didn't really like the episode. I preferred last week's with Caitlin Frost.

It seemed that Caitlin was ready to suit up as Killer Frost at the end of the episode. Is that going to be a thing now?

Old 11-15-2017, 11:08 PM   #32
Lantern Venom
Arrowverse needs Kyle

The use of Elongated Man's powers and the CGI was really good this week. The attempted robbery and the fight with the dinosaur skeleton were especially well done.

Ralph is coming along nicely as a character as he's trying to be a good guy, but he is still tripping over his own selfishness and sexism. This gives the character depth rather than EM just being a novice hero who makes mistakes due to inexperience.

The Council of Wells and their interactions with Cisco had me rolling. There were plenty of funny lines this week, but the look on Cisco's face was priceless after he said, "Sometimes, you're a wizard, Harry."

The Flash: The Greatest Super Hero TV Show of All-Time.

Venom: 5/4/07 = Humiliation. 10/5/18 = Redemption?

R.I.P. Vartha, The Mod of Thunder.

Lantern Venom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:08 AM   #33
javonstokess
Side-Kick

I feel like with all the metas introduced in the Arrowverse, they could have alot more entertaining (and powerful) line up for Legends.

How about:

Sarah Lance
Elongated Man
Kid Flash
Mr. Terrific
Vixen
Atom
Firestorm

javonstokess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:42 AM   #34
confused
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
Enjoyed the Council of Wells, but wanted to see more of it in the episode!
If there was a 'Council of Wells', why not the 'Council of Flash'?
Seems mighty useful right about now.

confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:10 AM   #35
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

Kid Flash should have been moved to Legends.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:22 PM   #36
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by javonstokess View Post
I feel like with all the metas introduced in the Arrowverse, they could have alot more entertaining (and powerful) line up for Legends.

How about:

Sarah Lance
Elongated Man
Kid Flash
Mr. Terrific
Vixen
Atom
Firestorm
Firestorm and Citizen Steel are already wasted on the show because they can't afford the special effects for them other than a few episodes here and there.
I'd rather keep Elongated Man on The Flash where they have to money to elongate him.

Old 11-20-2017, 02:42 AM   #37
batdude
Side-Kick

I don't know about every episode, but I'd like to see Elongated Man meet Sara Lance. I twould be funny.

batdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:26 PM   #38
Nicko-Ray
Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabadoo25 View Post

Totally. They've made him so fast now, which I'm glad -- he can phase him and another person down multiple floors of a building, catch bullets while (speed)walking, catch all shards of an exploding grenade in time, run to Jitters and back to his place while a flipping pancake is still in the air....
But it creates a dilemma for the writers -- they don't know how to disarm him in clever ways in combat against enemies, but still use speed to beat the opponent. In 402 and another episode I forgot, speed was taken out of the equation as a whole in the climax. Hopefully they solve this issue soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
I liked that they showed Barry doing some police CSI work, swabbing the cat statue for blood. The show has a tendency to forget Barry is a CSI.
Yup. They said they'd show more of that this season which they have in dialogue quite a bit but I was hoping we'd also get those cool text graphics on screen like we did in the pilot.

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:07 PM   #39
Quasar
Side-Kick

Wow, that was a bad episode. The heavy handed dialogue just beating us over the head about protecting people over catching the baddie. Made all the less effective because the baddie got away by running to a door, and then going through the door. Escape complete! Because the Flash was so intent on staring judgingly at Ralph, then say, taking a tenth of a second to run after and catching escaping baddie. Then the big finale where Flash throws something up in the air, then cuffs distracted baddie. But why would cuffing her stop her from using her powers? Un-freaking-believable!

Old 12-08-2017, 11:35 PM   #40
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
Wow, that was a bad episode. The heavy handed dialogue just beating us over the head about protecting people over catching the baddie. Made all the less effective because the baddie got away by running to a door, and then going through the door. Escape complete! Because the Flash was so intent on staring judgingly at Ralph, then say, taking a tenth of a second to run after and catching escaping baddie. Then the big finale where Flash throws something up in the air, then cuffs distracted baddie. But why would cuffing her stop her from using her powers? Un-freaking-believable!
Don't the cuffs have some sort of magic gizmo that will nullify their powers?

Old 12-09-2017, 02:58 PM   #41
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Yeah, those were power nullifier cuffs. Hence why they shut off *Barry's* powers.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote