The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Flash

View Poll Results: What would you rate the episode?
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 1 5.26%
4 1 5.26%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 4 21.05%
8 6 31.58%
9 4 21.05%
10 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2017, 10:19 PM   #51
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Default Re: The Flash Season 4 Episode 9- "Don't Run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome216 View Post
Well, she can create a story of Barry abducting Devoe, and considering the tech they have at their disposal, they might even be able to create some 'evidence.' Perhaps even some concerning his wheel chair.
Except that Barry was with people that can corroborate his story.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:37 AM   #52
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Pretty good episode, but I'm going to be very sad to lose the actor playing DeVoe if this twist is gonna stick for the rest of the season. He's been great.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:39 AM   #53
Jesse
Old Curmudgeon

Devoe continues to be a really interesting villain and the body switch at the end came as a complete surprise as did framing Barry for murder. Kind of a shame to see the hover chair look go though. Looking forward to the return of this show after the holiday break.

Old 12-06-2017, 01:16 AM   #54
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Pretty good episode, but I'm going to be very sad to lose the actor playing DeVoe if this twist is gonna stick for the rest of the season. He's been great.
Yeah. I hope he comes back. The new "host' really doesn't seem like that great an actor so I'm a little nervous by the replacement.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:15 AM   #55
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Just got done watching tonight's mid seasons final and wow just wow the end of the episode I am speechless was not expecting that. The wait for the seasons to continue on Jan 16 is going to be killer! I am really likeing this seasons villain so much better then season 2 or 3.

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Need to rewatch about 5 to have a final list.
spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:30 AM   #56
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Entertaining episode. The ending was a good surprise.

I was actually surprised that Iris was salty about what Felicity did since they played it as if she was fine with it.

I guess that one scene with Barry in a prison uniform when he was running through the Speed Force is what we're gonna see soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
lol, Ciscos's crack about her blonde dreads got me.
I was like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Ralph hitting on Amunet should've just been cut, it was stupid.
Agreed.

Quote:
Wait, Caitlyn. You want to invite a telepath to a dinner with your super hero friends..?
Secret IDs don't mean anything anymore on these shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
He just pulled a Get Out.
Yep.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:53 AM   #57
batdude
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, she can create a story of Barry abducting Devoe, and considering the tech they have at their disposal, they might even be able to create some 'evidence.' Perhaps even some concerning his wheel chair.
Trust me, the fact that his wheelchair was nowhere around that last scene was not realistic. You would think Joe and the other detective would look for it.

batdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:50 AM   #58
Prettyricky
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by batdude View Post
Trust me, the fact that his wheelchair was nowhere around that last scene was not realistic. You would think Joe and the other detective would look for it.
Its idiotic writing that ruined the best episode of the season so far up until the ending. Im no law professor but the murder scene they showed had no signs of devoe being kidnapped or restrained. If anything it looks like he broke into barrys house and was killed in defense. Not to mention hes the flash why couldnt he just remove the body and blood real fast he has time at his disposal.

Prettyricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:26 AM   #59
javonstokess
Side-Kick

Good episode.

Yes, I was also aware of the "Get Out" scenario. Was I the only one that wondered if Devo's original plan was to put his brain in Barry's body?

Also, totally agreed with Iris with being irked with the double wedding. Just another reason to not like Felicity. Man, so hard to remember when I was a fan.

Solid story and I like that it was Barry who figured out how to escape.

javonstokess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:46 AM   #60
Speed Force
"There was an idea..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Same here. He should hopefully get another chair or something because the new actor isn't really doing it and Devoe's voice really sold the character for me

Speed Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:25 PM   #61
Loki882
Side-Kick

Cisco has the best GF ever, it's official.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:35 PM   #62
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Really enjoyed this episode, the Flash has really brought it in its last few episodes.

Ralph continues to crack me up, when he tried to get Amunet's number I couldn't contain myself.

I wasn't expecting that twist at the end, I expected something from that character but not that.

BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:06 PM   #63
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Except that Barry was with people that can corroborate his story.
Well, Barry was standing over a dead body in his apartment. Not damning in of itself, but when you add in how he was fixated on Devoe, including Devoe getting a restraining order, then that adds a backstory that (true or not) looks pretty bad.
His captain chewed him out about harassing Devoe, and he had no idea as to why unless Barry comes out publicly as the Flash. Something I don't see happening, so Barry's actions are already suspect.

Now yes, Iris and the others can say that Barry was with them at the party, but 'Dominic' will certainly say at what time he left, which would be a matter of minutes from leaving the party until the police arrive at the apartment. Pretty hard to explain how quick Barry went from the suburbs to the apartment, especially if they try to keep his cover as a superhero.

Then there is also time of death. Unless the body has been tampered with, the body of Devoe has been dead for longer than Barry was present. That can be nailed down to a specific time, but again, only if the body had not been tampered with.

Considering Devoe, I would assume that time of death should not be relied upon to be true.

As to the wheelchair, it should show up again. This is Devoe, you can bet that when the show comes back on, there'll be explanations about that, as well how he was 'abducted.'

What I'm having trouble with is Devoe's flashback explanation about how he took over Dominic's body. In that scene, he is in his hover chair and once his mind is transferred, his body slumps over, showing there is no one there anymore.

But, Barry had already destroyed his hover chair before that could happen, right?

Barry escapes, Devoe follows, Barry uses the tentacles to destroy the hover chair and it, and Devoe, crash into the river. Devoe can't even walk, much less swim, and I'm sure he is buckled tight into that chair. So, how did he survive that?

Having raised the question, than an answer could be that his chair also had a flotation device. But did he have two chairs, just for this eventuality..?
He can't have used the same chair for both instances.

After becoming Dominic, there would be no Devoe to fly the chair. After Barry escapes, there should be no chair in the scene where Devoe becomes Dominic.

Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:04 AM   #64
Lantern Venom
Arrowverse needs Kyle

This has been a stellar 1/2 season. The show is hitting on all cylinders right now.

R.I.P. Vartha, The Mod of Thunder.

Lantern Venom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:54 AM   #65
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

I'm wondering how they handle that science would show he was dead BEFORE being stabbed. Cause of death, time of death, these would both quickly exonerate Barry.

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:18 AM   #66
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

The person they would need to examine all the evidence is a CSI, and their CSI is Barry.

Now if only Julian had still been here, he could've helped to exonerate Barry.

I bet they won't even consider the evidence properly. Where is Horatio Caine when you need him?

Any reason Dominic couldn't have been a white guy? Then they would've avoided the Get Out comparisons.

Also, is the black actor going to be the one portraying Devoe from now on? He doesn't have quite the same gravitas.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:01 PM   #67
Wildsmurff

Here is something else. Doesn't Devoe's scalp come off and his brain is incased in a glass? Wonder if the show will explain or just think we will forget about it?

So if timeline is correct.
Devoe escaped from the river with a destroyed chair.
Somehow transfers his mind to Dominic.
Replaces his cranium back and scalp. Making sure there is no signs of prior procedure.
Takes body to Barry's house.
Stabs body
Leaves house and calls cops.

All this within a few hours?

Wildsmurff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:05 PM   #68
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

What if the Central City CSI find that the top of Devoe's head comes off? Are they going to think Barry did that?

Old 12-07-2017, 09:24 PM   #69
Zosimus
New User - Level 0

Pathetic. Barry could have easily run 8,000 miles away and taken money out of an ATM. Where were you at the time we broke into your apartment based on the anonymous tip? 8,000 miles away and I have proof. Or Barry could have forestalled the breaking the door down by flashing his way out the window and around behind them to cough nervously and then make a break for it as they tried to catch him. Or he could have cleaned the entire thing up -- with his forensic skills, he knows what they would look for. And you're telling me that super brain didn't foresee any of those possibilities? Puleaze.

Zosimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:55 PM   #70
samsnee
Side-Kick

So they basically pulled the ending from Get Out?

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:37 PM   #71
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

Such BS they used Iris as a reason he just stood there and didn't do anything to save himself. It's really irritating to watch Barry be this dumb. The Barry Allen from the comics would never be this dense, not even for Iris. Did they really need any excuse to do the trial? Wasn't there another way for the cops to catch him?

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:43 PM   #72
Avenging Angel

Double.

Old 12-10-2017, 04:54 PM   #73
igoogol
Side-Kick

An anchor is used to hold something in place. Iris is Barry's anchor. She's been holding him back er - I mean, in place since last season. Why is anyone surprised he didn't run?

igoogol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #74
Avenging Angel

Nothing surprises me with this show.

Old 12-19-2017, 02:27 PM   #75
AcePair
Newbie First Class

Enjoyable episode. Bring on, The Trial of the Flash.

AcePair is offline   Reply With Quote