The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 07-01-2014, 05:31 PM   #576
smallville fan
Hero

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
There are two 7th Anniversary sets: the first one includes: DETECTIVE COMICS #27, 83, 211, 216, 327, 359, 395, 442, 474, 574, 633, 711, 757 and 821, BATMAN #1, 49, 181, 497, BATMAN #2 (THE NEW 52), WORLD’S FINEST COMICS #94, DC SPECIAL SERIES #21 and BATMAN SPECIAL #1
I knew what issues were in the Anniversary set, what I was trying to ask was what were the stories in those issues. Like how Detective Comics #27 is obviously Batman's first comic appearance and how Batman #2 from The New 52 is something from The Court of Owls arc.

WILL HAPPILY DEBUNK ANY HATER AND SEND THEM PACKING! :P
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:00 AM   #577
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 3

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detec...aracter_debuts

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:39 PM   #578
Lobo
Wonder Gal is here!

Have Darkseid and Mongul ever met?

Old 07-07-2014, 12:23 AM   #579
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Was Arkham Asylum the first time the Joker took over Arkham?

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 07-08-2014, 07:36 PM   #580
Mightmitenot
Driftwood on a shore

How many immortal or reincarnating character does DC have?

Mightmitenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #581
Anubis
Sup?

Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #582
batboy99
BTVS

Which issues of Batman '66 feature Batgirl most prominently?

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
batboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:45 PM   #583
Panthro
Catman Begins

Has DC ever done any Else-World stories featuring El Capitan Rayo, AKA: Captain Ray, based on the Brazilian re-paint of Superman -

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:32 AM   #584
KevanG
Brony

So what was with Batman shooting that Lord Death guy into space in Batman Inc? The guy didn't have any powers besides he couldn't die. It seems excessive when he could have just locked him up, especially since he just killed a few people and healed quick. Every single one of his rogues has done worse than that and he just locks them up.

#saveWontkinsMom
KevanG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:44 AM   #585
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Unique circumstances, unique punishment, I guess. Though I don't know if Batman personally did that, or if it was the Japanese government. I can't remember.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:00 PM   #586
Anubis
Sup?

So that when he comes back he'll come back packin' ALIEN TECHNOLOGY!!!!

Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:12 PM   #587
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

He already kind of came back in the Inc special that was like 3 issues or something put out before the series was rebooted in New 52. He hijacked a satellite that Batman Inc was using (or something like that). I forget now exactly what he did.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:30 AM   #588
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

He came back in the last arc of Talon as well.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:44 AM   #589
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Ah cool. I keep forgetting that book exists (or did exist, if it's canceled).

Quote:
Old 07-21-2014, 09:53 AM   #590
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Yeah, it's canceled. It was actually pretty decent. Nothing awe inspiring, but a good read. Particularly toward the beginning. It also served as a slight lead-in to Forever Evil: Arkham War in regards to Bane.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #591
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

In which issue/arc did Bruce move into the penthouse for the first time, and which issue/arc did he leave it?

Old 07-23-2014, 02:46 PM   #592
badgrammar
Side-Kick

Why is deathstroke starting at #1 again?

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/death.../deathstroke-1

badgrammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:52 PM   #593
badgrammar
Side-Kick

Why are there 2 lobos?

badgrammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #594
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

I wasn't reading it, but I believe the two Lobos story was one where a new, kind of metrosexual-esque Lobo showed up and basically said the more traditional Lobo that had been introduced already was an imposter. I'm not sure if there was ever an actual conclusion to that.

Not sure on Deathstroke. I think the series that got launched with the New 52 was canceled, right? If so, it's simply a relaunch.

Quote:
Old 07-28-2014, 06:24 PM   #595
Havok83
Side-Kick

Whats been the general reception to the current Wonder Woman and Superman romance? Positive, negative?

Where is Lois and has she factored at all into their relationship?

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:21 AM   #596
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Lois and Clark are just friends and co-workers as of now. There hasn't been much in the way of romance between the two, as far as to my knowledge.

I think the reception to the Superman/Wonder Woman thing has been mixed. A lot of people see it as sort of unneeded, bit of shock value to drive sales that doesn't particularly add much to either character. On the other hand, the Superman/Wonder Woman book has gotten decent reception, though whether that's in the direction of the relationship or just more the solidness of the book is another thing.

Quote: