The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:00 PM   #2351
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Default Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen news,info, etc thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cth View Post
Hard to say.

The prevalent theory is that the All Spark somehow did it when he did what he did to Megatron. This is why Megatron can't kill Sam, and why they're after Sam without trying to kill him.

Either Sam retained some part of Megatron's spark and he's needed alive to resurrect him, or he has some knowledge somehow that's essential (defeating the Fallen; resurrection info; etc)

Sam starts acting like his grandfather did, going crazy, drawing symbols, etc. Archibald had direct contact with Megatron, as did Sam, so there's that common link. It may be a side-effect of close proximity to the All Spark, since Sector 7 always had protective gear when utilizing it.

Recall when Simmons scanned Sam and his house.. there was a lot of residual radiation (presumably).. and with Sam being around them the most, it makes sense that he stats going nuts if it's due to some radiation given off by the All Spark and/or Transformers.

Alternately, there may be an outside 'force' calling to Sam. Sort of like the Silver Surfer being a herald of Galactus. If the tube pic is a frozen robot head, I'd imagine that's the herald of the Fallen calling out.
Hrm, I heard something about this...with him going crazy in class, which they filmed...but it says ancient history, so I bet the Cube gave him some insight to the Fallen, since both were sent to Earth...maybe Unicron as well?

Old 12-30-2008, 08:13 PM   #2352
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Well, it demonstrates that energy is not a big concern if he'll use it to 'morph' simply to look better.
Not really????How many times has someone used his last buck to buy a material thing like a pair of shoes or a cigarette when he/she didnt have enough money to eat or pay the rent????

Bumblebee's actions only really demonstrate was a lack in maturity in the character......being conserned in what Sam and Mikala thought of his looks.

It said nothing about the state of energy conservation or the lack of such.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:26 PM   #2353
terry78
I don't die, fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
Not really????How many times has someone used his last buck to buy a material thing like a pair of shoes or a cigarette when he/she didnt have enough money to eat or pay the rent????

Bumblebee's actions only really demonstrate was a lack in maturity in the character......being conserned in what Sam and Mikala thought of his looks.

It said nothing about the state of energy conservation or the lack of such.
I'm hoping they maintain that personality in the sequel, even if he is speaking. Bumblebee is a soldier, as Optimus Prime mentioned, but he's still pretty much a youngster at heart, and has always been one to jump the gun, be somewhat insecure, and act more or less like a young teenager/adult.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:40 PM   #2354
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I'm hoping they maintain that personality in the sequel, even if he is speaking. Bumblebee is a soldier, as Optimus Prime mentioned, but he's still pretty much a youngster at heart, and has always been one to jump the gun, be somewhat insecure, and act more or less like a young teenager/adult.
I hope they keep that aspect of his personalty as well.

And not only because I liked it but because Bumblebee was about the only character that had a "personalty" in the first film

Old 12-30-2008, 11:24 PM   #2355
Eelectro 2
Side-Kick

i hope they address the devastator issue. it shouldnt' be an issue tho, they left it at the tank being devastator (not brawl) in 1 so leave him as devastator and give this new bot a new name. not that hard.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:49 AM   #2356
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cth View Post
Hard to say.

The prevalent theory is that the All Spark somehow did it when he did what he did to Megatron. This is why Megatron can't kill Sam, and why they're after Sam without trying to kill him.

Either Sam retained some part of Megatron's spark and he's needed alive to resurrect him, or he has some knowledge somehow that's essential (defeating the Fallen; resurrection info; etc)

Sam starts acting like his grandfather did, going crazy, drawing symbols, etc. Archibald had direct contact with Megatron, as did Sam, so there's that common link. It may be a side-effect of close proximity to the All Spark, since Sector 7 always had protective gear when utilizing it.

Recall when Simmons scanned Sam and his house.. there was a lot of residual radiation (presumably).. and with Sam being around them the most, it makes sense that he stats going nuts if it's due to some radiation given off by the All Spark and/or Transformers.

Alternately, there may be an outside 'force' calling to Sam. Sort of like the Silver Surfer being a herald of Galactus. If the tube pic is a frozen robot head, I'd imagine that's the herald of the Fallen calling out.
By the sounds of it is non of those, Remember the piece of Allspark Optimus removed from Megatron's carcass? Thats what does it Sam apparently, but it isnt permanent also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelectro 2 View Post
i hope they address the devastator issue. it shouldnt' be an issue tho, they left it at the tank being devastator (not brawl) in 1 so leave him as devastator and give this new bot a new name. not that hard.
They could just call him true Devastator or something, throw in a line about it:

"Megatron: Devastator....combine!
Autobot/s: Devastator? We killed that guy!
Megatron:NO who you killed was just a prelude, to TRUE DEVASTATOR!"

Or something like that, but you my meaning.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
Old 12-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #2357
jerky123
DEAD_POLISH_MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
They could just call him true Devastator or something, throw in a line about it:

"Megatron: Devastator....combine!
Autobot/s: Devastator? We killed that guy!
Megatron:NO who you killed was just a prelude, to TRUE DEVASTATOR!"

Or something like that, but you my meaning.
Or they could make it his codename, so that Brawl and Devestator are both his names, and the toy and movie would be right.

There are two other names I can think of:
Devastar (His Chinease name)
Devestator Sr. (Not likely)

Old 12-31-2008, 02:05 PM   #2358
Spade
Seeking new challengers

I wouldn't mind if they just referred to them combined or disassembled as "the Constructicons."

Old 12-31-2008, 02:36 PM   #2359
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chibi Kiriyama View Post
I wouldn't mind if they just referred to them combined or disassembled as "the Constructicons."
Same here...having Megatron say "This is the true Devastator!"...totally retarded. Devastator was in the first, because Bay didn't like calling him Brawl(he thought Brawl didn't sound tough enough) and Bonecrusher as well.

Just have them combine, and much like Ironhide when he yelled "It's Starscream!", have an Autobot yell out, "It's the Constructicons!".

I always had a feeling, though, that the Constructicons would be working for the Fallen. More proof, mind you, is that the giant Transformer shows up at the pyramids site, where it seems Fallen is as well.

Whatever the Allspark does to Sam, it could've given him insight on Fallen and the Constructicons...it would be cool to have them combine and Sam is the first to say, "No, no, no...it's the Constructicons!" (and I put in the three no's...because Shia says that line the best, lol).

More proof to it...didn't Orci said that the names of Bonecrusher and Devastator will not be used?

Old 01-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #2360
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

^So you didnt like my idea then? Thanks for the not so contructive criticism!

Personally, I think they can come up with an interesting way to call him Devastator in the movie.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
Old 01-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #2361
protocida
Side-Kick

USA Today says that Sam will adquire knowledge of the Transformers origins and their ancient history on Earth, connected to the Pyramids. I guess that'll happen because he touched the Allspark fragment that Optimus Prime retreived. I've read something about Sam finding it during Mikaela's visit, she warning him to not play arround and he ignoring her and touching it, and alucinating on the History class, showing the errors in Einstein's theories and writing strange Cybertronian symbols on the blackboard, and then, being expelled.

Last edited by protocida; 01-02-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:20 AM   #2362
starscream
Side-Kick

sounds good

xbl tag: inputdarkmaster

holland here !!!!

Old 01-03-2009, 07:14 AM   #2363
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
USA Today says that Sam will adquire knowledge of the Transformers origins and their ancient history on Earth, connected to the Pyramids. I guess that'll happen because he touched the Allspark fragment that Optimus Prime retreived. I've read something about Sam finding it during Mikaela's visit, she warning him to not play arround and he ignoring her and touching it, and alucinating on the History class, showing the errors in Einstein's theories and writing strange Cybertronian symbols on the blackboard, and then, being expelled.
ohhhhhh this will have some serious comedy.

i like that

Old 01-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #2364
protocida
Side-Kick

Old 01-03-2009, 12:40 PM   #2365
AnorexicBatman
Side-Kick

because expulsion is fun?
Shia: NONONONONONONONONON! NO! DON'T EXPELL ME! NNONONONONONO!

Raditz had triggered a memory that Vegeta wished never existed. He grabbed Raditz by his neck, lifted him up a good few feet off the ground and slammed his body into the large metallic wall behind them, paying no heed to his cries of mercy and slowly tightening his grip, “DON’T YOU EVER! REMIND ME OF THAT AGAIN!!”
Old 01-03-2009, 12:40 PM   #2366
AnorexicBatman
Side-Kick

because expulsion is fun?
Shia: NONONONONONONONONON! NO! DON'T EXPELL ME! NNONONONONONO!

Raditz had triggered a memory that Vegeta wished never existed. He grabbed Raditz by his neck, lifted him up a good few feet off the ground and slammed his body into the large metallic wall behind them, paying no heed to his cries of mercy and slowly tightening his grip, “DON’T YOU EVER! REMIND ME OF THAT AGAIN!!”
Old 01-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #2367
protocida
Side-Kick

He's just expelled from the History class, man.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #2368
Alex The Great
Banned User

What the hell is going on in here?

Old 01-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #2369
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^So you didnt like my idea then? Thanks for the not so contructive criticism!

Personally, I think they can come up with an interesting way to call him Devastator in the movie.
Well I just think the writers would be smart enough to not have another Decepticon be named Devastator. Constructicons will be just fine, imho.

Old 01-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #2370
terry78
I don't die, fool

So long as we get to see the Decepticons talking/arguing/planning amongst themselves, either in English or in their native tongue, I'm good. Characterization for the villains is a must. I know they really have no need to speak english unless they're talking to humans, but give us an excuse.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:08 PM   #2371
Ratcrawler
Side-Kick

Because "What's crackin' li'l b!+<hes? This looks like a cool place to kick it!" wasn't deep enough.

Green Goblin: Yeah. He told me you're gay.

MARVEL/DC: HAPPY HOUR
Old 01-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #2372
The Guardian
Forever In Darkness

Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen news,info, etc thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratcrawler View Post
Because "What's crackin' li'l b!+<hes? This looks like a cool place to kick it!" wasn't deep enough.
It was Shakespearian!!!

Old 01-05-2009, 08:23 AM   #2373
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningFlash View Post
Well I just think the writers would be smart enough to not have another Decepticon be named Devastator. Constructicons will be just fine, imho.
To be honest I dont think the general audience would notice a jot, just us, so they could totally get away with it IMO.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #2374
neevnav
Side-Kick

I don't think the general audience will CARE that there are two characters named Devastator, so long as there seeing a giant robot beating on another giant robot.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:42 AM   #2375
starscream
Side-Kick

jazz was a pimp

xbl tag: inputdarkmaster

holland here !!!!

Closed Thread