Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
... good lord.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #252
Dr. Fortress
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimBinks View Post
It's a 90 minute drive to get to the theater, and 90 minutes back. We have a year and a half old. It would be hard to ask someone to watch her for half the day like that. Plus my wife has been sick lately so I don't think traveling that much would be a great idea for her.

And I won't make opening day because all next week I'll be out of town for work.
A family man. I respect you.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #253
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

There goes my sleep.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #254
Kevin Smith
Banned User

The video interviews with that Jake guy...second time Diane Lane has said the ship crashes in the barn now. Lol

Old 06-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #255
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
We're told at least an hour because, if I'm right you guys are a Gofobo screening too right?, the screening gets over booked so they can fill all seats but myself and my guest will be there at least 2 hours and figured we'd chill at the restaurant near by and grab some brews.

I think Jim and his wife will be there around the same time. The thing with our screening is that it got made public on the University of Michigan campuses so who knows how many people will show up.

Okay, cool. 2 hours seems like it'll do the trick. Yeah, it's Gofobo for us too.

When you say you're going to chill at the restaurant nearby, do you plan on getting your tickets and then going to the restaurant? Or spending 1 hour at the restaurant and the 1 hour in the theater waiting for the movie? I'm not entirely sure how these screenings work, since this is my first one.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #256
FilmNerdJamie
I'M MARY POPPINS, Y'ALL!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyfan866 View Post
"Remember meeeeee, Eddieeeeeee?"

Old 06-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #257
Manosman
Austinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
We're told at least an hour because, if I'm right you guys are a Gofobo screening too right?, the screening gets over booked so they can fill all seats but myself and my guest will be there at least 2 hours and figured we'd chill at the restaurant near by and grab some brews.

I think Jim and his wife will be there around the same time. The thing with our screening is that it got made public on the University of Michigan campuses so who knows how many people will show up.
I've been to a few gofobo screening in Austin TX. It can go either way. Sometimes there are empty seats, but Sometimes more people show up than seats available and those that are turned away usually show up right before showtime. I'd say you'd be more than fine 2 hours before hand. Just don't drink too much brew, then you'll have to pee midway through the movie .

Old 06-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #258
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
DaJanksta and I will be seeing it at an Edwards IMAX theater at 7:30 pm.
Tomorrow, yes? And AWESOME. Soooo....that means by like 11 or certainly by wednesday we should hear a legit appraisal of the film haha! And I trust you, Power, you are one of my friends here, lol....so I am looking forward to hear whether you think it is as good as we all hope it is. I'll be putting some stock in your opinion. lol

Old 06-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #259
Manosman
Austinite

Quote:
Okay, cool. 2 hours seems like it'll do the trick. Yeah, it's Gofobo for us too.

When you say you're going to chill at the restaurant nearby, do you plan on getting your tickets and then going to the restaurant? Or spending 1 hour at the restaurant and the 1 hour in the theater waiting for the movie? I'm not entirely sure how these screenings work, since this is my first one.
All the gofobo screenings I've been too, you show your confirmation, and they give you a wristband or admittance ticket, once you get this you are guaranteed to get in. If more people show up than seats, those who get turned away don't get the wristband/second ticket.

It varies depending on the theater though.

The only time this wasn't the case was the TDKR prologue, they had multiple screenings of it, so if you didn't get in right away they let those turned away in for the second screening. It was cool I got to watch it twice, but then again that was only a 10 min clip.

Last edited by Manosman; 06-03-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #260
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Tomorrow, yes? And AWESOME. Soooo....that means by like 11 or certainly by wednesday we should hear a legit appraisal of the film haha! And I trust you, Power, you are one of my friends here, lol....so I am looking forward to hear whether you think it is as good as we all hope it is. I'll be putting some stock in your opinion. lol
Yep, it's tomorrow! I'll post my reaction Tuesday night after the movie. Thanks for the kind words man, I'd have the same trust in you as well if you were in my shoes.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #261
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:

Well we'll probably leave at like 4pm to go chill and grab some food and drinks and then head over there around 5 or so.

I've been to 1 advanced screening like this and it was for Zombieland and while it was a full screening most of everybody didn't show up until close to the screening time. Also don't forget they'll be security at the auditorium doors and usually reps for the studio and/or promotional partners, along with your local press to review it.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #262
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yep, it's tomorrow! I'll post my reaction Tuesday night after the movie. Thanks for the kind words man, I'd have the same trust in you as well if you were in my shoes.
No UNHIDDEN spoilers! Also mention how comparable it is to BB and Iron Man. You don't have to compare it to TDK, unless you liked it more

Also, if Superman doesn't kill, mention it outside of the spoiler tag. I don't think that's a spoiler

Old 06-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #263
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manosman View Post
All the gofobo screenings I've been too, you show your confirmation, and they give you a wristband or admittance ticket, once you get this you are guaranteed to get in. If more people show up than seats, those who get turned away don't get the wristband/second ticket.

It varies depending on the theater though.

Cool, so I can show up 2-3 hours earlier and get my ticket/wristband right away? I remember I showed up to The Avengers 1 hour early and it still wasn't enough time. Never making that mistake again.

And are there normally long lines for big movies like this?

Old 06-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #264
Neonzel
Side-Kick

I don't know if this was posted yet but here's another interview:

Old 06-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #265
craigdbfan
Banned User

Dammit there's a screening on the 5th in San Francisco but it's a private screening and I have no idea how to get the RSVP code. Oh well.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #266
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

So I have to ask, and you may have already answered, but how in the world did you get "invited" to a screening? Do you work in the industry or something? What part of the country do you live? Sorry, but I'm just curious.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 06-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #267
ThreadPool
Thank you, SHH

I go watch the season premiere of The Killing and you guys blow through like 8 pages talkin' about Pixar?! I still don't like Cars.
I can't believe what I'm seeing here about Monsters U being "stomped" by Despicable Me 2.
Think about how many of the kids that saw and loved Monsters Inc. back then probably have kids by now. It will do numbers.
I'm sure those two movies will be pretty close in box office.
But I really think MoS will be a "surprise". It looks like it could be quality enough for word of mouth to give it a big boost, and serious legs.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #268
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Global Moderator

I guess that's the perks of living in a big city like NYC, SF, LA, etc. While we that live in smaller cities/towns get the shaft.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 06-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #269
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
So I have to ask, and you may have already answered, but how in the world did you get "invited" to a screening? Do you work in the industry or something? What part of the country do you live? Sorry, but I'm just curious.
I wasn't invited, I had to register for some passes on Gofobo. A user on this site named "fake" let us know that those in or around Houston could sign up for passes but we had to do it quick.

I stay in Houston, Texas.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #270
craigdbfan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I guess that's the perks of living in a big city like NYC, SF, LA, etc. While we that live in smaller cities/towns get the shaft.
Not that much of a perk if you can't get your hands on a ticket.

I live in the Bay Area but won't be able to get that RSVP for that screening on the 5th.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #271
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Dammit there's a screening on the 5th in San Francisco but it's a private screening and I have no idea how to get the RSVP code. Oh well.
You mean being a SHH mod doesn't give you superpowers to crack the code? FOR SHAME.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #272
Manosman
Austinite

Quote:
Cool, so I can show up 2-3 hours earlier and get my ticket/wristband right away? I remember I showed up to The Avengers 1 hour early and it still wasn't enough time. Never making that mistake again.

And are there normally long lines for big movies like this?
Well, when I saw TDKR through gofobo there was a huge line, but we got there pretty early so we were towards the front. They had reserved the very front of the line for the press. I think we got there 3 hours early. What they did was had some ushers start at the front of the line checking everyone's pass and handing out the wrist bands, I think that was around 2 hours before showtime, so we were waiting about an hour before they handed out the confirmations. Also, when they were out of wristbands, they had someone stand at the entrance turning people away, so they didn't have to wait in line for no reason.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #273
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

lol redfirebird! ^

Old 06-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #274
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
"Remember meeeeee, Eddieeeeeee?"
I just busted out laughing at my office!

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 06-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #275
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:

Awesome and welcome bud.

Closed Thread