The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #801
Nathan

Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
I really dislike the look and it made me much less excited about the film. While Lizard's design left some things to ask for (to look more beastly and scary, mainly), he at least looked original. Electro looks extremely generic and boring. I hope his suit makes up for it because I certainly don't want to watch a Spidey film with such a generic looking villain.
I honestly don't know what you expected. Electro looks absolutely terrible in the comics, with the star mask and the yellow/green outfit. So that costume was already off the table. There are 3 ways they could have portrayed him in a movie. Normal looking, disfigured freak, living energy. Just being a normal looking guy, that would have been terrible generic. Being living energy, just a bad idea imo. So what we have now is disfigured freak. Who happens to be blue, because electricity is often portrayed as blue, unless different gases are involved or whatever. And we have yet to see him in full Electro mode with proper costume.

Quote:
However, I do like the TSSM vibe from those set pics. I just hope Electro isn't too much of a poor-guy-who-does-mistakes like every other Spidey film villain.
That's pretty much Electro though.

Last edited by Nathan; 04-16-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #802
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Now I really hope at least Rhino will be cool.
Yah, this.

Didn't feel Lizard when watching TAS-M while I was growing into the look of him, and now I'm not liking the blue Electro(something I did not want), so I'm just waiting on Rhino now without trying to sound too harsh on Electro because Spidey fans will hate me for it

Old 04-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #803
SymbioticToxin
Hello, bird

I have my own idea of his look. When he's using his powers, or he's overcharged, he becomes blue like that. But when he's normal...or as normal as a man with electrc powers can be, he looks like a regular dude.
Also, their might be some special effects added to the current look, either for small static bolts going over and out of his body, or to make the blue skin look more natural. Or both.
But that's just me.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #804
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I honestly don't know what you expected. Electro looks absolutely terrible in the comics, with the star mask and the yellow/green outfit. So that costume was already off the table. There are 3 ways they could have portrayed him in a movie. Normal looking, disfigured freak, living energy. Just being a normal looking guy, that would have been terrible generic. Being living energy, just a bad idea imo. So what we have now is disfigured freak. Who happens to be blue, because electricity is often portrayed as blue, unless different gases are involved or whatever. And we have yet to see him in full Electro mode with proper costume.

That's pretty much Electro though.
This was expected, I just hoped that they wouldn't go with it. While I definitely understand that they can't go with a 616 design, I hoped for at least yellow electricity because I don't want him to look like another Dr. Manhattan. What I hoped for the most was his normal skin color but with yellow electricity through his eyes and randomly sparking on his body. I definitely don't think that would look less boring and this blue design.

As I said in another thread however, I'll wait and see what the costume looks like. If that one makes up for this, then I'm fine with the look.

EDIT: What I meant was that I hope he doesn't have this Raimi Sandman feel. While he's been unfairly treated by people, he should still feel like a true villain.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #805
mayo23
Side-Kick

Quote:
This was expected, I just hoped that they wouldn't go with it. While I definitely understand that they can't go with a 616 design, I hoped for at least yellow electricity because I don't want him to look like another Dr. Manhattan. What I hoped for the most was his normal skin color but with yellow electricity through his eyes and randomly sparking on his body. I definitely don't think that would look less boring and this blue design.

As I said in another thread however, I'll wait and see what the costume looks like. If that one makes up for this, then I'm fine with the look.

EDIT: What I meant was that I hope he doesn't have this Raimi Sandman feel. While he's been unfairly treated by people, he should still feel like a true villain.
I don't know, I think if we had seen your description of Electro as a set pic, it would have looked as equally underwhelming and boring as you're saying. But really, we have to see all of these things in context. If the color itself is the only issue, then there's not much to go off of. Too bad there have been many blue characters, but the design on it's own terms is looking good.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #806
SymbioticToxin
Hello, bird

At this point, I'm gonna wait to pass judgement on the movie until, ya know, a trailer or something. So pretty much until summer or sometime early next year.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #807
GENERAL RAAM582
A Rebellion Built on Hope

I'm excited for a trailer.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #808
mayo23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
I'm excited for a trailer.
I'm excited and not. Bring on the haters, FOREVER.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #809
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I'm excited for the new MOS trailer in a couple of hours!!!!!

Old 04-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #810
SymbioticToxin
Hello, bird

Oooh. that's right, that will be coming out soon. Hopefully there will be more Zodd in it, I'm curious how he'll be played in this film.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #811
GENERAL RAAM582

I'm really excited for the MoS Trailer too, less than 30 minutes now.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #812
GENERAL RAAM582

Oh yes. That was something alright.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #813
SymbioticToxin
Hello, bird

I'm kinda disappointed that there wasn't much Zodd, but I'm also kinda glad we're not seeing much of the villains. It'll keep them, and whatever Snyder is doing with them, a surprise in some way.
Still, this is my most anticipated movie for the summer.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #814
Anno_Domini
Banned User

*Throws my money at the screen* Take it, just take it all!!!!

LOVE the music...it's legit for MOS, right? I hope so. The blaring drums just makes me happy especially for Superman.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #815
SonicWarrior
Fastest Thang Alive.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo23 View Post
I'm excited and not. Bring on the haters, FOREVER.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #816
SymbioticToxin
Hello, bird

Crowe seems to be doing a pretty good job as Jor-el too. And seeing Krypton gettin' blown up like no ones business will be interesting and heartwrenching to see.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #817
GENERAL RAAM582

I WILL FIND HIM!!!

Oh Lord. I gotta read some Superman comics. I like him, but I've never been really into him like Batman or Spider-Man. This movie looks so good it makes me want to become a fan.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #818
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

If they do this movie right,it could look seriously EPIC.More epic than THE AVENGERS because superman is supposed to be godlike,it would look seriously AMAZING.You might see the return of Superman era in comic books.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #819
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

I don't see how The Lizard design was anymore original than this. Were you not around for the thousands upon thousands of goomba Memes, dinosaur memes etc? He looks as meancing and threatning as he could, some people were complaining that Jamie Foxx is too big of a star to play Electro, so how do you make people forget this is Jamie Foxx? By transforming him. Plus, this color would reflect better off of Spidey's costume, and look cooler. You know that's Electro, because it's blue light.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #820
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

michael shannon is such a great actor. he will steal the show.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #821
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ehhh, no...you're trying to have a reason to have your very opinionated list be fact that Green Goblin and Venom are Spidey's greatest villains, and that would be wrong-o. Green Goblin is indeed in the list, but not Venom
Eh...I was talking about the cars thingy...anyway forget it

Quote:
Trying a bit to hard to try and get your opinion as fact now, aren't ya? Wanting me to find another poster now?
No one's opinion is a fact.
Since we are talking about popular opinion here,I asked for some more views

Quote:
I didn't think I had to say we were talking only about comic books as I thought it was known from the jump. But hey, if we're talking about outside of comics...at least TAS-M's Lizard was better than S-M 3's Venom.
That comparison makes no sense
SM2's DocOck was better than SM1's GG
So that means DocOck is better now?

Quote:
And so was I. His stomach talking to Spidey was just dumb.
Actually thats the version of Venom I love the most
Not angsty or world-is-against me kind(like SM3) but the funny guy who even gets the better of Spidey in terms of wits(In TSSM and PS1 game)

Quote:
I mentioned from the jump that Lizard's impact has more of the emotional pull from his own family and how Spidey is always trying to revert him back to Curt Connors. I thought you would remember that, guess not.
No effect of Peter or Spider-man whatsoever

Quote:
Because Venom made Spider-Man 3 such a phenomenal film
Nope Sandman and Goblin Junior did
Phenomenal is what Lizard made TASM

Quote:
So....you're now trying to defend your reason? I am fully aware that Rhino smashing into structures is much more important. Just stating facts that you did only say cars first, lol.
Because we were discussing cars

Quote:
It's not Rhino's trademark! If anything, Rhino's trademark should be that he's utterly dumb as much as Doc Ock's trademark is that he's intelligent.
Dumb is also the trademark but so is crashing into things

Quote:
And Sandman tossed cars because his giant ass sandfist hit them while targeting the cops and then when he turned into a sandcloud while he was trying to fly upwards. Lizard was taking out any car he could.
Doesnt matter,Cars

Quote:
For only one episode appearance, he was one of the strongest villains of the series actually.
Which is why he got a single episode,he wasnt worth it

Quote:
Still going to be cautious about it. The only review I have read is that it's the funniest film of the MCU. Still not a great sign.
And you were ripping your socks of for that review of MOS
One wierd guy you are

Old 04-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #822
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
To be honest, Skyfall was a little dry. I hate how similar the villain is to Joker... It's almost a cheap knock-off
I know I am in the minority here but I felt the movie is extremely overrated

I could not understand the Villian at all,he just had a personal vendetta with M(pretty poor motive)

Like in the end he wanted to end himself and her with the same bullet,Bond arrives and kills him,M ends up dying anyway.Doesnt even make sense

Old 04-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #823
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
*Throws my money at the screen* Take it, just take it all!!!!

LOVE the music...it's legit for MOS, right? I hope so. The blaring drums just makes me happy especially for Superman.

That actually is a great trailer

Never expected it to have so much heart

Old 04-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #824
Oscorp
Side-Kick

I love the trailer!

Old 04-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #825
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Spiderdevil, I'm already bored of our debate, so I'm gonna let it go.

And yes, the trailer was magnificent

Closed Thread