The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #251
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance
 
Zaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 920
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
What about the creepy human eyes and creepy chicklet teeth...why draw the line at noses? Oh that's right, perhaps cause it wasn't born in antiquity.
I did say I hate that design. You just named two of the reasons why I hate it.

Zaron is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 03:56 PM   #252
Soulinertia
thermodynamic miracle
 
Soulinertia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 627
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

I posted these in the other thread that mysteriously disappeared.

I isolated Donatello, enhanced it a bit and gave him a bo staff to get a better idea of what we're looking at here:



Leonardo, fixed perspective/proportions, color corrected. Tweaked his face, more subtle lips, less of a snout and smaller chin. Added swords. I'm actually really liking it now!


__________________
See my custom fan-made movie memorabilia, props and repros I have on eBay right now! http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/fatal5150

I have more goodies on Zazzle.com as well http://www.zazzle.com/soulinertia*
Soulinertia is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 03:58 PM   #253
Lord Valumart
Hype's Dr - It's Canon
 
Lord Valumart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: you know the voice in your head, he's my flat mate
Posts: 39,409
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

I still think Don is the best looking of them all. I at least see a Ninja Turtle in his design. He's not overly bulky or muscular. I like that.

__________________
I'm the one who steps from the shadows,
all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance,
ready to deal with the madness.

Twitter: @lordvalumart
Tumblr: General-Geek
Lord Valumart is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #254
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance
 
Zaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 920
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinertia View Post
I posted these in the other thread that mysteriously disappeared.

I isolated Donatello, enhanced it a bit and gave him a bo staff to get a better idea of what we're looking at here:



Leonardo, fixed perspective/proportions, color corrected. Tweaked his face, more subtle lips, less of a snout and smaller chin. Added swords. I'm actually really liking it now!

Huge improvement on Leo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Valumart View Post
I still think Don is the best looking of them all. I at least see a Ninja Turtle in his design. He's not overly bulky or muscular. I like that.
Donnie looks the most turtle-like, but those glasses bug me and there's something off about his mouth I can't quite place. I think Leo's face looks great aside from the damn lips. The tiny nose bump he has isn't enough to bother me.


Last edited by Zaron; 02-01-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Zaron is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 04:28 PM   #255
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer
 
Quasimod0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 13,396
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Dont turtles already have little nose/snout type things? Whats the issue?

__________________


Quasimod0 is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 04:31 PM   #256
747
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.
 
747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,181
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

From all the little stuff we have seen so far, I love Donnie, Leo and Raph, while I'm a bit more on the fence about Mikey. Can't wait to see the final real deal!

747 is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 04:45 PM   #257
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 49,276
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

I don't have a problem with the nostrils. When it comes to the faces, the only 2 things I have a problem with are the lips, hate those, and I'm not completely in love with the eyes.

Would prefer it more like this.


Nathan is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #258
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance
 
Zaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 920
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Yes. I actually sort of hoped OOTS was going to be similar to what the movie would look like. I wasn't fond of the way the faces moved (they created a lot of creepy expressions) but the design itself wasn't bad.

Zaron is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 04:54 PM   #259
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 19,612
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaron View Post
I did say I hate that design. You just named two of the reasons why I hate it.
That's funny cause I wasn't talking about next mutation. It's good to know what you hate though.

__________________
"I care because filmmakers now make films under crippling security because of parasitic gossip. makes movies worse"
-James Mangold.
Marvin is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #260
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance
 
Zaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 920
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
That's funny cause I wasn't talking about next mutation. It's good to know what you hate though.
What design did you mean, then? Next Mutation and Coming Out were the only versions I can recall with freaky eyes and teeth.

Zaron is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 05:04 PM   #261
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick
 
Astro13Zombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Raccoon City
Posts: 7,795
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

It's funny to me that people hate that they have lips,but have no problem with turtles having teeth.

Astro13Zombie is online now  
Old 02-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #262
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance
 
Zaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 920
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Actually I've seen artists give them proper turtle beaks and still give them teeth, and that is nightmarish. As long as they have soft mouths, they kind of need teeth.

Zaron is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #263
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 49,276
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
It's funny to me that people hate that they have lips,but have no problem with turtles having teeth.
It's simply aesthetics. It's not a matter of correct physiology and anatomy. The lips look weird as **** for some. The teeth don't. That's all there is to that.

Nathan is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 05:19 PM   #264
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance
 
Zaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 920
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
It's simply aesthetics. It's not a matter of correct physiology and anatomy. The lips look weird as **** for some. The teeth don't. That's all there is to that.
Pretty much.

Zaron is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 05:32 PM   #265
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 19,612
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaron View Post
What design did you mean, then? Next Mutation and Coming Out were the only versions I can recall with freaky eyes and teeth.
Every version where they don't have reptilian eyes and teeth(if memory serves turtles, like birds, don't). It's always human or cartoon eyes with chicklet teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
It's simply aesthetics. It's not a matter of correct physiology and anatomy. The lips look weird as **** for some. The teeth don't. That's all there is to that.
Which is why this detraction is such a joke imo.
It's not a matter of anything but some people wanting what came before. Some people are so bold as to imply that noses are anatomically incorrect, but the more honest people just say they don't like change.

If there was to be an actual discussion as to whether this aesthetic is 'best' for the majority of the audience that's going to be sitting in those seats comes this summer, truly and purely... We might actually get somewhere. Instead it will just be a matter of if the self entitled think this film will be familiar enough for them to give their thumbs up.

__________________
"I care because filmmakers now make films under crippling security because of parasitic gossip. makes movies worse"
-James Mangold.
Marvin is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 05:50 PM   #266
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance
 
Zaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 920
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Which is why this detraction is such a joke imo.
It's not a matter of anything but some people wanting what came before. Some people are so bold as to imply that noses are anatomically incorrect, but the more honest people just say they don't like change.
See, that's where you're wrong. I'm not against change. I've accepted plenty of changes in past versions on the turtles. I don't like this change. Not because it's different, because I think it's ugly. It's not anatomy, although our perception of anatomy is certainly a factor, it's simply what we think looks good and what doesn't. Just because you like this change doesn't mean people who don't just don't like it because it's different.

Zaron is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 06:17 PM   #267
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 49,276
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

I'm not opposed to change either, but I'm with Zaron in that I simply don't enjoy the changes made in this Movie.

- I don't like that this Shredder looks like a mix between Lord Zedd and Megatron. Of all the terrible designs I've ever seen, his design is easily in the worst Top 5.
- I have no trouble with the Foot Clan embracing a more militaristic approach. There are a number of ways they could have done it. G.I. Joe's Snake Eyes or Tengu Soldiers from Metal Gear Solid 2 are the best examples of how it could, and maybe should be done. Run of the mill looking mercenaries with masks just feels lazy.
- I have nothing against changing the Turtle's anatomy, making them more varied and unique looking. Heck, I really enjoy the 'Out of the Shadows' designs, the game most bash. And their proportions are even less human, compared to the new Movie designs. Clearly having bigger arms and legs, being more Turtleish. The lips, eyes and Hulk Raph, are the 3 major things I dislike about the current Turtles. I am even fine with the way they dress.



Again, I clearly like this...



even though it's a departure from this.



But I and some others simply don't happen to like the changes in an upcoming big blockbuster movie, so we just hate change in general.

Nathan is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #268
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 19,612
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

It's a staple of fandom. They're is an acclimation process to every change. There are two parameters that need be acknowledged.

1. It has to be a movie. People rarely treat movies like the elseworlds installments they truly are. People treat them like their prime continuity. So unlike a video game, in which say, superman kills, or the turtles look funky, Optimus has flames, when it's in a movie, it means/matters more.

2. The acclimation tends to fully realize after the film's release. Thus I only really see the open minded accepting any of these listed changes before the fact. Xmen casting/costumes and organic webs being a prime example.

It's like clock work. I've personally witnessed it happen for the past 13 years on the internets. Same thing will happen here I'm sure.

__________________
"I care because filmmakers now make films under crippling security because of parasitic gossip. makes movies worse"
-James Mangold.
Marvin is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #269
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 49,276
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Well, I don't often backtrack. I still don't like Spidey's organics to this day, I still think Halle as Storm is one of the biggest mis-casts, and I'm still not crazy about flames on Prime and his bloodthirsty streak in the last 2 Movies.

Nathan is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #270
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance
 
Zaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 920
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
It's a staple of fandom. They're is an acclimation process to every change. There are two parameters that need be acknowledged.

1. It has to be a movie. People rarely treat movies like the elseworlds installments they truly are. People treat them like their prime continuity. So unlike a video game, in which say, superman kills, or the turtles look funky, Optimus has flames, when it's in a movie, it means/matters more.

2. The acclimation tends to fully realize after the film's release. Thus I only really see the open minded accepting any of these listed changes before the fact. Xmen casting/costumes and organic webs being a prime example.

It's like clock work. I've personally witnessed it happen for the past 13 years on the internets. Same thing will happen here I'm sure.
Movies are important to fans because they're huge, expensive, amazing representations of the characters and stories we love, and they don't come very often. (Or at least, they didn't used to. We now get so many X-Men movies I no longer even care if one sucks because it'll just be another year or two until we get another.) But yeah, movies are a big deal for obvious reasons.

And all we have to go on right now is bits and pieces of information, so all we can do is discuss how we feel about what we know. Sure, if the movie is actually good it can make us feel differently. I mentioned earlier about how much I hated the Kraang in the Nick cartoon until I actually watched how they were handled. It's entirely possible this movie could turn out to be amazing and even change how I feel about certain changes. But how I feel about them right now is all I can talk about, because I don't own a time machine. However, this depends entirely on the quality of the film. The Halle Berry Catwoman movie changed things all over the place, and no matter how open minded you might be, that movie was a steaming turd and it changed no one's minds about the changes it made.

Basically, other people have different opinions. You like these changes and that's cool. No one is trying to make you change your mind. Treat others with the same respect.

Zaron is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #271
jaymes_e06
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 20,655
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
It's a staple of fandom. They're is an acclimation process to every change. There are two parameters that need be acknowledged.

1. It has to be a movie. People rarely treat movies like the elseworlds installments they truly are. People treat them like their prime continuity. So unlike a video game, in which say, superman kills, or the turtles look funky, Optimus has flames, when it's in a movie, it means/matters more.

2. The acclimation tends to fully realize after the film's release. Thus I only really see the open minded accepting any of these listed changes before the fact. Xmen casting/costumes and organic webs being a prime example.

It's like clock work. I've personally witnessed it happen for the past 13 years on the internets. Same thing will happen here I'm sure.
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 07:03 PM   #272
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 49,276
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Jaymes, get back to work.

Nathan is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #273
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance
 
Zaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 920
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Oh hey, that beak+teeth image just came up on my Tumblr dash. Here it is:



Just... No. It's an amazingly well-drawn image, but the beak/teeth combo looks terrible.

Zaron is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #274
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 49,276
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

I... uh... I like the scarf.

Nathan is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 07:32 PM   #275
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 19,612
Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Either those Sai's are enormous or the character is really small. Given the scale of the chains around his waist, I'm guessing huge weapons. Nice drawing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaron View Post
Basically, other people have different opinions. You like these changes and that's cool. No one is trying to make you change your mind. Treat others with the same respect.
I'm not trying to change anyone's mind and I've been plenty respectful(you should have seen me back in the day).

I never really said I'm all for all these changes, I just said I'm open and trying to be objective. If the turtles were 30 feet tall, I would argue that this is objectively bad for the brand, if the trutles are human height I think it's simply different and different doesn't equate to bad in my book. Just like all the other changes in the past films, it's the things that aren't 'objectively' bad that have fanboys changing their minds as to how much they hate things.

An old and frail magneto pissed people off given how he's usually young and buff. That all changed(for the most part) when they saw a film about 'an old and frail magneto'.

I don't suspect everyone loves organic webs more than mechanical ones, but I'm pretty certain people weren't huffing and puffing about them by the time spidey two ended, the way they were prior to the first films release.

I wasn't talking so much about halle berry in xmen as I was referring to hugh jackman.

__________________
"I care because filmmakers now make films under crippling security because of parasitic gossip. makes movies worse"
-James Mangold.
Marvin is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.