The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Game of Thrones

Old 08-29-2017, 05:53 AM   #26
wampa1
Side-Kick

Default Re: Season 8 Theories and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts View Post
The Iron Bank is not associated with the Iron Islands. The Iron Islands are located off the west coast of Westeros and the Iron Bank is in Braavos.
Euron's Iron Fleet has sailed to Braavos to pick up the Iron Bank's army, Golden Company.

wampa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:20 AM   #27
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas

But Theon doesn't know that Euron has sailed to Essos, he thinks Euron and the Iron Fleet are back at Pyke. Euron's going east, Theon's going west.

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Roose Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:46 AM   #28
wampa1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose Bolton View Post
But Theon doesn't know that Euron has sailed to Essos, he thinks Euron and the Iron Fleet are back at Pyke. Euron's going east, Theon's going west.
Yeah, but they're obviously going to have him find that out en route. They're not just going him arrive and go "oh well, they're not here" and then go home.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:08 AM   #29
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas

How would they find out en route? By what means?

Quote:
Old 08-29-2017, 07:09 AM   #30
wampa1
Side-Kick

Am I the writer?

Old 08-29-2017, 07:12 AM   #31
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas

Well it's your theory...so yeah.

Quote:
Old 08-29-2017, 07:59 AM   #32
cyclone
Side-Kick

Ooh, let's give this a go.....

- Euron gets to Essos and recruits the Golden Company for Cersei.
- Theon gets to the Iron Islands and finds Yara. He frees her, and together they lead the Iron Fleet back to Westeros to fight with Jon/Danaerys OR he finds her near death and she either dies just as he reaches her and she forgives him, or she asks him to kill her to end her suffering. Theon is very angry and distraught by Yara's death. He takes the Iron Fleet to Westeros to A) fight with Jon/Danaerys and B) so he can finally kill Euron
- Tyrion made a deal with Cersei that her unborn child would be spared and would sit on the throne once the war was finished IF her armies would help Jon/Dany with the war against the Wight Walkers
- Tyrion is unaware Cersei lied and doesn't know his deal is a lie
- Jamie arrives and tells Jon/Dany/Tyrion that it was all a lie; Cersei isn't coming and what's more she'll have the Golden Company behind her
- Tyrion confesses to conspiring but states he only did what was necessary to win the great war
- Dany agrees to spare him after convincing from Jon and Jamie but he is banished. Jamie is sent with him by Danaerys back to Cersei as 'punishment'. Dany travels south on Drogon to confront Cersei
- The Golden Company is revealed to be led by Daario Naharis and they betray Cersei and join Dany/Jon in the war against the Night King
- Dany leaves Cersei with Jamie and Tyrion and says she'll be back after the war for what's rightfully hers
- Cersei puts Tyrion on trial for killing Tywin, he chooses trial by combat. Cersei picks the Mountain and the Hound stands for Tyrion
- The Hound defeats and decapitates the Mountain and kicks the now detached head in to the fire. "Karma, you c**t."
- Cersei reveals to Tyrion and Jamie that she was never pregnant and instead was manipulating Tyrion as she knew what he'd do.
- Cersei in a fit of desperation and loss of control admits to poisoning the wine in her chambers that Tyrion and Jamie have now drank from. Poison took Joffrey, Myrcella, and Jamie used it on Lady Olenna, that she saw it only fair.
- Jamie kills Cersei before him and Tyrion collapse into death together, brothers until the end. The end for house Lannister.
- Theon challenges Euron to a duel, Theon wins and kills Euron but succumbs to his wounds and dies, his honour restored....ish.
- Sansa and the northern men and the knights of the Vale join in the battle against the Wights
- Dany and Jon are told of Jon's heritage. Jon denies it at first but eventually comes to terms with it. It makes his and Dany's relationship awkward - obviously....
- Dany rides Drogon in to battle flanked by Jon on Rhaegal. Many lives are lost before Jon is able to kill the Night King
- Bran screams in pain as the Night King dies, and involuntairily wargs into the man he was before, prior to the Children of the Forest turning him
- Current-day Bran dies in front of Sam, now stuck in the pre-Night King man
- Jon dies but asks Dany to raise their son as the rightful King, and teach him how to rule just and fairly
- Jon's wish as King was to have Sansa be Dany's hand and Arya Lady of Winterfell. Together these three will help shape the future King; Eddard Targaryen.
- The final scene is an older Sam reading this story back to 'younglings' in the citadel in Kings Landing, which is now ruled, along with the 7 kingdoms by King Eddard Targaryen I.

Very long - Sorry! And all majorly rubbish and thought up quickly. but hey! it was fun thinking of it

Also, I'm sure there's stuff from a story point of view that makes no sense.....

But that doesn't mean it won't still chip off a piece of its own shell and stab you in the face with it.
cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:05 AM   #33
Legendver2
Phantom

But what happens to the dragons?

Legendver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:15 AM   #34
TheFuture
Rising

I like that idea that Daario is in charge of the GC and shafts Cersei. I like the idea in general that the GC are only mercenaries until a certain point.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:40 PM   #35
Guts
Gul

Quote:
Originally Posted by wampa1 View Post
Yeah, but they're obviously going to have him find that out en route. They're not just going him arrive and go "oh well, they're not here" and then go home.
Dragonstone is right at the opening of Blackwater Bay. If Euron and his fleet left to go to Braavos as soon as he left the dragon pit, then they most likely already made their way northeast to Braavos and gone past Dragonstone before Theon got his men to go with him to rescue Yara. When Theon goes to the Iron Islands, he will have to sail south to Dorne, west towards oldtown, and north to the Iron Islands. Theon's journey to the Iron Islands will be longer than Euron's journey to Braavos. So the most likely answer is that he will sail all the way to Pyke and realize that Euron isn't even there.

Last edited by Guts; 08-29-2017 at 05:48 PM.
Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 05:42 PM   #36
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Maybe the Golden Company is how Syrio Forel makes his triumphant return.

I am curious to see how Euron will behave next season. Was everything he said about the White Walkers just a ruse? Because Cersei and Euron didn't know they were bringing a Wight.

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 08-29-2017 at 07:22 PM.
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:45 PM   #37
Drizzle
Senpai Goldblum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Maybe the Golden Company is how Syrio Forel makes his triumphant return.
The creators of the show confirmed he was dead.

Drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:49 AM   #38
cyclone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendver2 View Post
But what happens to the dragons?
Well I suppose if you wanted a happy ending, there'd be a cringey scene where we find out Rhaegal was in fact a female dragon, and in true Targaryen fashion was pregnant with dragon babies by Drogon.

But they could all die I suppose, or maybe Dany sets the remaining dragon free perhaps?

But that doesn't mean it won't still chip off a piece of its own shell and stab you in the face with it.
cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:33 AM   #39
TLH
Hypnotized

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
I like that idea that Daario is in charge of the GC and shafts Cersei. I like the idea in general that the GC are only mercenaries until a certain point.
I really like this idea too.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:22 AM   #40
Drizzle
Senpai Goldblum

I still think Daario has some unfinished business on the show and the Golden Company is the perfect opportunity for his return.

Drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:41 AM   #41
CB Fan
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
Well I suppose if you wanted a happy ending, there'd be a cringey scene where we find out Rhaegal was in fact a female dragon, and in true Targaryen fashion was pregnant with dragon babies by Drogon.

But they could all die I suppose, or maybe Dany sets the remaining dragon free perhaps?
Well dragons, per Maester Aemon, are pretty much gender fluid so it isn't that far of a stretch.

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 01:01 PM   #42
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Back in S2, DT mentioned that Jorah used to serve in the GC. Wonder if that plays into anything.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:27 PM   #43
Iceman
Infinity War!

GRRM is going to hit us with the biggest twist ending that no one was expecting, a huge party where absolutely everyone gets on swimmingly and lives happily ever after in one castle. At night it will be like The Waltons as everyone wishes good night to everyone else in turn.

Old 08-30-2017, 07:39 PM   #44
moviefreak
Jalwah tree loiter

Prediction for Season 8:

1. Melissandre & Arya will meet again, Melissandre's prophecy:

S3 E6 The Climb:
Melissandre (to Arya):"I see darkness in you. And in that darkness eyes staring back at me - brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes. Eyes you'll shut forever."

"We will meet again"

S7 E4 Queen's Justice:
Melissandre (to Lord Varys): "Oh, I'll return (to Westeros), dear Spider. One last time. I have to die in this strange country. Just like you"

I think that Melissandre will be an old woman similar to her appearance back in S6 pilot -by then she will probably lose her usefulness. She will meet Arya in Westeros - for whatever reason I have no idea. Melissandre will die (not by Arya's hand) in Westeros. As for why Arya will be in Westeros...see no. 2 below.

2. Melissandre's prohecy II:

S7 E2 Stormborn:
Melissandre (to Daenerys & others): "The Long Night is coming."

"Only the prince who was promised can bring the dawn."

"Prophecies are dangerous things."

"I believe you (Daenerys) have a role to play. As does another...the King in the North, Jon Snow"

S7 E4 Queen's Justice:
Melissandre (to Lord Varys): "I've done my part. I've brought ice and fire together"

"Oh, I'll return (to Westeros), dear Spider. One last time. I have to die in this strange country. Just like you"

According to Missandei 'prince' is gender-neural in High Valyrian, so 'prince' could be either Daenerys Targaryen or Jon Snow aka Aegon Targaryen VI. However I think that the 'prince' will be the child of Queen Daenerys Targaryen & King Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryen IV.

The Long Night probably -the Night King's invasion. Daenerys (fire) and Jon (ice) will be the keys in taking the fight to the Night King. I don't think that they will prevail at first mainly because the Night King will be riding Viserion breathing a new kind of mystical fire and laying siege everywhere.

Jeremy Podeswa 'The Dragon and the Wolf' director:

"The way I looked at it was, when the Sept burned down [in the season six finale], that was green fire, and so then the dragon is going to have some kind of blueish fire. It’s certainly still fire — it has the ability to burn the Wall and melt snow. But it’s going to have a different kind of magical quality to it, because it’s coming from an undead dragon"

3. Maggy the Frog prophecy. Cersei, Arya, Sandor & Gregor Clegane in Westeros:

Speculation on my part based on snippets from the book on Maggy the Frog that Cersei met as a young girl, and S5 E1 The War to Come, S7 E7 The Dragon and The Wolf.

Book:
Cersei: Will the king and I have children?

Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

S5E1 The War to Come:
Maggy: "Three questions you get. You won't like the answers."

Cersei: "I've been promised to the prince. When will we marry?"

Maggy: "You will never wed the prince. You will wed the king."

Cersei: "But I will be queen?"

Maggy: "Oh, yes. You'll be queen. For a time. Then comes another, younger, more beautiful, to cast you down and take all you hold dear."

Cersei: "Will the king and I have children?"

Maggy: "No. The king will have 20 children and you will have three."

Cersei: "That doesn't make sense."

Maggy: "Gold will be their crowns. Gold their shrouds"

S2 E5 The.Ghost of Harrenhal:
Jaqen H'ghar (to Arya): "A man pays his debts."

"A man owes three."

Arya: "Three what?"

Jaqen H'ghar: "The Red God takes what is his, lovely girl. And only death may pay for life. You saved me and the two I was with. You stole three deaths from the Red God."

"We have to give them back. Speak three names and the man will do the rest."

"Three lives I will give you, no more, no less, and we're done."

S7 E7 The Dragon and The Wolf.
Sandor (to Gregor): "Remeber me? Yeah, you do."

"That's not how it ends for you brother."

"You know who's coming for you. You've always known."

So Joffrey, Myrcella, and Tommen all died. Robert Baratheon had 20 bastards. Cersei is now queen. Jaqen H'ghar took two lives, Arya is owed one more, I speculated that it'll be Cersei.

Daenerys will remove Cersei as Queen. Arya will be in Westeros with Jamie Lannister's face. She'll kill Cersei as aluded -Cersei's eyes are green in Melissandre's prophecy. Maggy's (book) prophecy, 'Valonqar' translated to 'little brother' in High Valyrian. This will probably mean that Jamie will die - maybe fighting against the Night King's army of the dead(?), protecting the Three Eyes Raven, formerly Bran from Night King's attack (?) and Arya took dead Jamie's face, meet Cersei & kill her. Sandor will meet Gregor and they both died.

So by the series' end, the dead I predicted will be:
Queen Daenerys Targaryen & King Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryen IV
Cersei Lannister
Jaime Lannister
Theon Greyjoy
Euron Greyjoy
Jorah Mormont
Lord Varys
Melisandre
Eddison
Tormund
Sandor & Gregor Clegane
Bronn
Grey Worm
Podrick
Gendry
Ellaria Sand
Daario Naharis
Jaqen H'ghar
Meera Reed
Edmure Tully

The living:
The 'prince' - child of Queen Daenerys Targaryen & King Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryen IV
Tyrion Lannister
Bran Stark
Arya Stark
Sansa Stark
Robin Arryn
Brienne of Tarth
Davos Seaworth
Samwell Tarly
Gilly
Missandei
Yara Greyjoy

"I will confess that I look forward to the day when we have cleansed the Universe of the Centauri and carved their bones into little flutes for Narn children. It is a dream I have." --G'Kar, Midnight on the Firing Line
The Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5
moviefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:18 AM   #45
TheFuture
Rising

I wonder if Little Robin Arryn will be a problem now or will just side step that issue and go head on into the great war coming to Winterfell.

Old 09-02-2017, 07:18 AM   #46
warhorse78
Side-Kick

What characters that will probably die, you all wish that will live and have a happy ending?

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:24 AM   #47
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Also. I was wondering. Back when Jon went to meet Dani for the first time and they were talking about the prince that would save them all, and Milassandei said the quote was unisex, what if the witch who gave Cersei her prophhesy got the sex all wrong? That it wouldnt be a younger more beautiful queen that would dethrone her, but actually Jon. He is the rightful heir, and its his war and fight everyone is turning from Cersei to join.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:26 AM   #48
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
I wonder if Little Robin Arryn will be a problem now or will just side step that issue and go head on into the great war coming to Winterfell.
His forces should effectively be under Sansa's control. Sansa will spank him if he doesn't agree.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:33 AM   #49
HKpowerup
Side-Kick

Two things in particular I would like to see in season 8:

- It would be fascinating to see the show end with the wheel broken. I'm referring to Dany's quote earlier in the show about each ruling family (Targaryen, Lannister, Baratheon, etc.) being spokes on a wheel and her wish to destroy the wheel, meaning an end to the current system of ruling.

- More backstory about the White Walkers and the Night King's motivations and some explanation of why it has taken them so long to journey South.

I'll add more thoughts later, still absorbing GoT as I binge-watched the entire show in about a month and a half....!!

HKpowerup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:08 AM   #50
Reek
_________

My private parts are telling me there's a teaser soon.

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote