The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Game of Thrones

View Poll Results: Do you want to see Dany and Jon get together, hook up, marry, have a child, etc?
no 25 47.17%
yes 28 52.83%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2018, 06:26 AM   #401
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 37,172
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
shouldn't it be the complete opposite? If the northerners remain loyal to Jon and see that she's in love with the dragon queen and wants to marry her, wouldn't that help forge the alliance?
We're speaking about two different things in a medieval society. Love and political marriage. They can overlap but they are two distinct things. The northern lords wouldn't be phased by any amorous feelings Jon and Dany have for each other. They don't know Dany and for all they know Jon is just smitten and in lust rather than love. And remember that love is what got Robb and a lot of northerners slaughtered by the Freys. The Northern Lords would however care about a political marriage and whether love is involved would be a distant comcern. And tho they know what's at risk they will always prefer Jon marry a Northern lady and not the daughter of the Mad King.

Tyrion is likely thinking about the risk of the love. Not the political marriage. Them having a falling out because of a failed trist could literally mean the death of every man, woman, and child on the westerosi continent. Everything is riding on Jon and Dany cooperating with each other on friendly terms. And there is the possibility that an amorous relationship could be a weakness and compromise Dany. A person like Tyrion will be wondering if Dany would be willing to kill or let Jon die if she's in love with him.

Even before Tyrion knew about the White Walkers and the Army of the Dead he believed that Westeros' future depended on Dany. He went so far as to risk the entire war because he was unwilling to encourage Dany to fly her dragon's into battle. Hell, he even told Dany to not rescue Jon which would have resulted in no Wight to show Cersei, Dany wouldn't have seen the Army of the Dead, Jon would be dead, the North would think Dany betrayed or outright murdered Jon, and there would have been no coalition to face the Army of the Dead. Tyrion was willing to risk all that to keep Dany out of harms way. IDK what sort of plans Tyrion might have for himself, but he seems to really be all in for Dany and wants her on the Iron Throne. Love with Jon is a potential threat. A potential wrench in the gears. Tyrion must recognize this and is probably just concerned.

__________________
"When the snows fall, when the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Marvolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:30 AM   #402
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
We're speaking about two different things in a medieval society. Love and political marriage. They can overlap but they are two distinct things. The northern lords wouldn't be phased by any amorous feelings Jon and Dany have for each other. They don't know Dany and for all they know Jon is just smitten and in lust rather than love. And remember that love is what got Robb and a lot of northerners slaughtered by the Freys. The Northern Lords would however care about a political marriage and whether love is involved would be a distant comcern. And tho they know what's at risk they will always prefer Jon marry a Northern lady and not the daughter of the Mad King.
They are overlapping in this case though. Before Baelish's demise, he hinted at an alliance by marriage between Jon and Dany. It looks as though Dany will very likely become pregnant next season, and going by Jon's character in season 1, he'll want to marry her because of that and that will make them equals, as well as helping to solidify that alliance. So, like you said, that should be something that the northerners care about; whether there is love involved in the marriage shouldn't matter because they are getting Dany's armies.

The woman that Robb married was for love yes, but she was just a "war nurse" for lack of a better term if there is one. Marrying her didn't bring any dowry, but Jon marrying Dany means "they'd be dificult to defeat" according to Baelish, again.

This is also the same case if Jon marries a northern woman. The North is already loyal to the Stark family, so him marrying a northerner doesn't bring any gains to the North.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Tyrion is likely thinking about the risk of the love. Not the political marriage. Them having a falling out because of a failed trist could literally mean the death of every man, woman, and child on the westerosi continent. Everything is riding on Jon and Dany cooperating with each other on friendly terms. And there is the possibility that an amorous relationship could be a weakness and compromise Dany. A person like Tyrion will be wondering if Dany would be willing to kill or let Jon die if she's in love with him.
This makes sense but at that point in the story, Tyrion has no reason to believe Jon and Dany would have a falling out. "He wasn't the first to love you, and he won't be the last." - Tyrion's own words. Dany took his advice on dumping Daario, and unknowingly took his advice on finding a partner in Westeros, Jon Snow. Your last statement doesn't make sense though. Why would Dany want to kill Jon while she loves him, and why would Tyrion worry about Dany killing Jon, while she is in love with him...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Even before Tyrion knew about the White Walkers and the Army of the Dead he believed that Westeros' future depended on Dany. He went so far as to risk the entire war because he was unwilling to encourage Dany to fly her dragon's into battle. Hell, he even told Dany to not rescue Jon which would have resulted in no Wight to show Cersei, Dany wouldn't have seen the Army of the Dead, Jon would be dead, the North would think Dany betrayed or outright murdered Jon, and there would have been no coalition to face the Army of the Dead. Tyrion was willing to risk all that to keep Dany out of harms way. IDK what sort of plans Tyrion might have for himself, but he seems to really be all in for Dany and wants her on the Iron Throne. Love with Jon is a potential threat. A potential wrench in the gears. Tyrion must recognize this and is probably just concerned.
If Tyrion's mindset is that love with Jon is a potential threat, then Tyrion is contradicting himself. Dany being in love with Jon should help push forward an alliance by marriage. I think what season 7 showed, as well as everything you said here, is that Dany doesn't need Tyrion anymore. He's honestly become a useless characters. He comes up with bad ideas, and the ideas he had that seemed like good ones, didn't go as according to plan. Dany said to Jon "you were right from the beginning, I should've trusted you" in the finale, and in the middle episode she asks him for advice before going into battle.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:33 AM   #403
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 42,448
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaceB View Post
I vote yes - I'm fine with Jon Snow and Dany being romantically involved, and having children together. In this fictional world, it's more widespread.. especially among Targarians. I'll accept it... though I will admit it poisons it a bit... and I'm not looking forward to their romance really. It's not something that I'm looking forward to, but I've accepted it as necessary to the story at this point.
The Targareyeon's dont exist anymore outside the two in the incestuous pairing and outside of Dorne, most that we have come across in this series look down upon incest. Its not something that has widespread acceptance

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:45 AM   #404
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
The Targareyeon's dont exist anymore outside the two in the incestuous pairing and outside of Dorne, most that we have come across in this series look down upon incest. Its not something that has widespread acceptance
it depends on how close the incest is. if it's sibling-sibling or parent-child yes that's frowned upon

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:52 PM   #405
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

loving the tweets from the golden globes

http://time.com/5093870/golden-globe...emilia-clarke/

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:09 PM   #406
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

I just got a notification that a user named chuoiit quoted me, except...it also says he has 0 posts. weird.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:08 PM   #407
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

according to this video, Dany is pregnant

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.