The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Game of Thrones

View Poll Results: Who's the little brother Cersei should be worried about?
Tyrion Lannister 4 6.45%
Jaime Lannister 51 82.26%
Sandor Clegane 2 3.23%
Kevan Lannister 0 0%
Bran Stark 0 0%
Rickon Stark 0 0%
Other 5 8.06%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2016, 03:47 AM   #26
tatastic49
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 27
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

Valonqar stand for "Little Brother"
GoT is full of plot-twist but I think Cersie's valonqar is Tyrion

tatastic49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:44 PM   #27
maximus4992
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 24
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatastic49 View Post
Valonqar stand for "Little Brother"
GoT is full of plot-twist but I think Cersie's valonqar is Tyrion
I think It's Jamie. One day Cersie will be mad with her power, winter is coming so Jamie have to do right thing.

maximus4992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:25 PM   #28
Matt Mortem
Big Monster
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ruggsville
Posts: 18,422
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

Given how his character has progressed I really think it'll be Jamie.

Matt Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:05 AM   #29
ThePhilosopher
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 20
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

It would be more dramatic if it's Jamie. Like others have speculated, Cersie is about to go full 'Mad king' and Jamie feels himself forced to become a Queen-slayer.

ThePhilosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 04:26 PM   #30
DigificWriter
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 7,692
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

Given that, on the show at least, Jaime hasn't let anything deter his devotion to Cersei, it would be unnatural and out-of-character for him to suddenly oppose her. If all the other despicablr things she's done and asked him to do didn't "break the camel's back", there's no reason to believe that burning the Sept to the ground and causing their son to commit suicide would.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:57 PM   #31
Reek
_________
 
Reek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 48,945
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)


Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:23 PM   #32
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji
 
Perfect Cell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,233
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

I mean, she did exactly the thing (on a smaller scale) that he killed a king to prevent. An act which led to his name getting dragged through the mud, and leading people to think he had **** for honour. But he was clearly proud of the act, and proud that he saved the lives of everyone in King's Landing. Now his sister goes and turns Mad Queen on him, and it almost looks like his one defining act was for nothing. Just trading one loon for another, and delaying the mutual assured destruction. I don't think that act ALONE is going to push him to do it, but there's plenty of story time left for her to go further nuts and push him to do what has to be done.

__________________
Like a soon-to-be-broken man once said, "you're either perfect, or you're not me".

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Perfect Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:31 PM   #33
Reek
_________
 
Reek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 48,945
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

and she is directly responsible for the death of his last child... yea there's plenty of reasons for Jaime to kill her... and all are perfectly within character (ever since he met Brienne) and natural for him to turn on... and with the spoilers some of us have read... he'll have more reason... so... once again... or should I say, as usual... he's wrong.

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:35 AM   #34
DigificWriter
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 7,692
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

Both she and he have done far more despicable things, though, and he's had more than ample opportunity for his conscience to be pricked. At this point, I feel like the only reason people want to believe that he'll will ultimately turn on her is because they don't want him to be a villain even though that's the only thing he's been through 6 seasons.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:49 AM   #35
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas
 
Roose Bolton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Lookout
Posts: 17,100
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

His whole arc is that he's the Kingslayer. Cersei is basically Aerys Targaryen with breasts, so yeah...it's plain as day that Jaime's arc ends with him killing Cersei (and possibly killing himself afterwards.)

__________________
Wachet auf adelaide, wachet!

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Roose Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:53 AM   #36
Reek
_________
 
Reek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 48,945
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

wait a second... you're trying to tell me Jaime has killed a mad leader before? Stop it. No way would be be the Queenslayer too... NO WAY. It's not in his character to kill a leader. Not at all.


Last edited by Reek; 01-23-2017 at 01:57 AM.
Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:49 AM   #37
DigificWriter
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 7,692
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

Aerys Targaryen is not Cersei, the woman he's loved since childhood and for whom, by his own admission, he would do absolutely anything for.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:05 AM   #38
Reek
_________
 
Reek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 48,945
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

absolutely anything.... Including saving her from herself.

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:13 AM   #39
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas
 
Roose Bolton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Lookout
Posts: 17,100
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

Before you go any further, just remember that every single guess you've made about this show has been dead wrong. And not only was it wrong, but your stubborn refusal to accept otherwise in the face of overwhelming evidence has made you something of a laughingstock to many people on the Hype. There is over 20 years of fan discussion, five books worth of characterisation, and 6 seasons of television working against you right now. For your own sake, let this notion go.

__________________
Wachet auf adelaide, wachet!

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Roose Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:20 AM   #40
ComicChick
Mmmm... Pizza
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Over Yonder
Posts: 67,368
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
and she is directly responsible for the death of his last child... yea there's plenty of reasons for Jaime to kill her... and all are perfectly within character (ever since he met Brienne) and natural for him to turn on... and with the spoilers some of us have read... he'll have more reason... so... once again... or should I say, as usual... he's wrong.
doesn't he kinda blame her for myrcella's death too? she sent her to Dorne

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.”
RIP to the Mod of Thunder :(


I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:23 AM   #41
Reek
_________
 
Reek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 48,945
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

Tyrion sent her to Dorne... and I think Jaime understood that move. She did however order him to basically kidnap Myrcella though.

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:28 AM   #42
ComicChick
Mmmm... Pizza
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Over Yonder
Posts: 67,368
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

that's it. i couldnt remember how she was involved

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.”
RIP to the Mod of Thunder :(


I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:12 AM   #43
dude stannis
Banned User
 
dude stannis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Val Verde
Posts: 17,121
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
there's no reason to believe that... causing their son to commit suicide would.
You're serious?

How are you serious with that? HOW?!?


dude stannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:55 AM   #44
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

edmure tully

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:36 PM   #45
DigificWriter
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 7,692
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose Bolton View Post
Before you go any further, just remember that every single guess you've made about this show has been dead wrong. And not only was it wrong, but your stubborn refusal to accept otherwise in the face of overwhelming evidence has made you something of a laughingstock to many people on the Hype. There is over 20 years of fan discussion, five books worth of characterisation, and 6 seasons of television working against you right now. For your own sake, let this notion go.
The bolded is where I take exception, because everything we've seen from Jaime in the show argues AGAINST his suddenly turning on Cersei and killing her, which is entirely my point.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:48 PM   #46
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas
 
Roose Bolton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Lookout
Posts: 17,100
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
The bolded is where I take exception, because everything we've seen from Jaime in the show argues AGAINST his suddenly turning on Cersei and killing her, which is entirely my point.
Well firstly you contend that Jaime has only been a villain through all 6 seasons.





Many people would say that you are wrong in that regard.

__________________
Wachet auf adelaide, wachet!

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Roose Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:55 PM   #47
ComicChick
Mmmm... Pizza
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Over Yonder
Posts: 67,368
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

suddenly turning on her, yeah probably

but this wouldn't be sudden. they're showed him at odds before and not always agreeing with her or her methods

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.”
RIP to the Mod of Thunder :(


I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:51 PM   #48
Reek
_________
 
Reek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 48,945
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

He raped her next to Joffreys corpse .... But please continue.

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:25 PM   #49
dude stannis
Banned User
 
dude stannis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Val Verde
Posts: 17,121
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

So we're seriously going to brush off Cersei driving their last child to suicide?

dude stannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:59 PM   #50
Reek
_________
 
Reek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 48,945
Default Re: So...who's the Valonqar? (Cersei's destined killer)

of course we are... that's no big deal at all. Nor is her killing her uncle in the Sept.

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.