The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Game of Thrones

Old 08-07-2017, 03:30 PM   #51
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Default Re: Season 7, Episode 5 "Eastwatch" Discussion Thread

The best thing about Dany is she keeps on crying about a claim she does not have. So when she is forced to bend the knee to Jon, will she? Or will it be suddenly, "I worked for this".

Old 08-07-2017, 03:39 PM   #52
Kane52630
New Cydonian User

Episode 5 got leaked as well.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 08-07-2017, 03:48 PM   #53
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji

I took a risk clicking that spoiler, and I'm glad I did.

Perfect Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:06 PM   #54
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Dany is starting to go bats*** crazy because she lacks the council of Jora. I think Jora will be the only one to talk some sense into her. She's lashing out at a world that she does not know for wrongs that were done to her, mostly thanks to her brother.

Jora has the connection to Jon through Samwell. Jon is really the only one who can truely unite the seven kingdoms and Dany is not meant for the throne, but perhaps something else.

Old 08-07-2017, 05:01 PM   #55
Marvolo
Side-Kick

I wouldnt call what she did to the Lannister army "bat**** crazy". I would call it the first sensible thing she's done all season. This is war and she has dragons. She needs to use them. She needs to keep destroying the Lannister army. She needs to destroy Euron's fleet too. She also needs to attack Cersei's supply lines relentlessly.

Last edited by Marvolo; 08-07-2017 at 05:05 PM.
Marvolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:25 PM   #56
Guts
Gul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Episode 5 got leaked as well.

I thought it was against the rules to post leaked images or videos.

Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:26 PM   #57
Marvolo
Side-Kick

I just saw the preview for this episode. The part where Dany lands Drogon in front of Jon...I hope she tells him to bend the knee and he stares down Drogon and flat out refuses again. Just so I can see the utter exasperation on her face.

Tyrion needs to tell Varys to **** off. If Varys wants to make Dany listen he can go talk to her. Tho frankly I think they both need to **** or get off the pot. Both are half in half out of this invasion. They need to be all in or just leave. This is an invasion. Its going to be ugly, violent, and bloody. The great Houses won't bend the knee unless they are broken or terrified or think Cersei is going to lose. Dany just had her ships destroyed, the Sand Snakes were killed, Olenna was killed, Highgarden was captured, and her Unsullied were at Casterly Rock. Dany was looking weak and vulnerable. Thats not going to encourage the Great Houses to jump on her side. So taking a dragon out with her Dothraki and destroying Jaime's soldiers and that rich supply train was the right thing to do.

As for Randyll Tarly, there really is only one way to deal with Randyll. Execute him. Taking Dickon hostage probably wouldnt remotely phase Randyll. He's too much of a cold bastard. She cant let Randyll go. He is too valuable to Cersei and Jaime. And he wont bend the knee. So executing him is the sensible move. But Im pretty sure Tyrion and others will think this is goong too far.

Last edited by Marvolo; 08-07-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:36 PM   #58
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Dany is starting to go bats*** crazy because she lacks the council of Jora. I think Jora will be the only one to talk some sense into her. She's lashing out at a world that she does not know for wrongs that were done to her, mostly thanks to her brother.

Jora has the connection to Jon through Samwell. Jon is really the only one who can truely unite the seven kingdoms and Dany is not meant for the throne, but perhaps something else.
How is it bat**** crazy to defeat your enemy's army? This is war, and she just won a major victory. After that, Cersei and her remaining forces are going to be hemmed into King's Landing for a while. That is where Dany and Tyrion want them. That is not crazy, that is a successful military move.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:05 PM   #59
Loki882
Side-Kick

Yeah some people seem to be missing the fact that this is A WAR!! In war, the entire point is to kill the other side's soldiers. It sucks that people have to die, and you don't have to like it, but it's either kill them or they'll kill you.

You don't think that, if Jon had had a dragon at his disposal, that he'd have used it against the Bolton army in a heartbeat? Because he most certainly would have.

If Dany were burning down huge chunks of KL and incinerating innocent civilians, then yeah they'd have a point about her being "crazy." But that's not what happened. This was the equivalent of dropping napalm on enemy troops. Nasty sure, but acceptable within the rules of war.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:23 PM   #60
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic

People have insanely high standards for Dany, she attacked a military target. It is war after all.

Are people forgetting that Tyrion used a chemical weapon to vaporize the Baratheon army? But no one said he was bat-**** crazy? BS double standards.

Old 08-07-2017, 07:01 PM   #61
Guts
Gul

I think the blame for Dany losing the war goes to Yara and Tyrion. Why didn't Yara tell Dany or Tyrion about Euron. Sure Yara didn't know that Euron had built a new fleet of ships or had joined Cersei, but did she really think he would just stay at Pyke just because he is King of the Iron Islands. And Tyrion's stragety to take Casterly Rock did work but he didn't think that Cersei would take the majority of her soldiers out of the place. She has the Red Keep and he's known for years that his family has been in debt to the Iron Bank. We know Tyrion is very intelligent, but when he was explaining the strategy it was like he didn't think about what the enemy will do.

Last edited by Guts; 08-07-2017 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:22 PM   #62
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
People have insanely high standards for Dany, she attacked a military target. It is war after all.

Are people forgetting that Tyrion used a chemical weapon to vaporize the Baratheon army? But no one said he was bat-**** crazy? BS double standards.
I totally agree. She'd be a fool not to use the dragons. Simply flying over her enemy, the sight of the dragons might end a battle before a single loss of life is lost.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:33 PM   #63
Fist of Khonshu
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurkeNyou View Post
Given they are in Eastwatch in Episode 6 and not episode 5, it does seem strange. I could swear it was listed as Blood of the Dragon just last night.
It's entirely possible that someone at HBO (like their webmaster) screwed up, dunno. (shrug)

Fist of Khonshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:40 PM   #64
KevTravels
Side-Kick

i wish we got a scene of the common folk debating the merits of supporting Cersei or the Mother of Dragons.

Old 08-07-2017, 07:42 PM   #65
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post

It is a double standard. And I really doubt Dany is going to become a Mad Queen like so many expect. I think they are just projecting what they want to see onto her.

--John Adams
Old 08-07-2017, 07:46 PM   #66
CB Fan
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
It is a double standard. And I really doubt Dany is going to become a Mad Queen like so many expect. I think they are just projecting what they want to see onto her.
Yup.

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:49 PM   #67
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
She already acts like Viserys. You mean the woman who is too busy fighting for a BS throne that doesn't belong to her, while the White Walkers are coming? Imagine if they kill her dragons. Good lord, that would be hilarious.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:08 PM   #68
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
She already acts like Viserys. You mean the woman who is too busy fighting for a BS throne that doesn't belong to her, while the White Walkers are coming? Imagine if they kill her dragons. Good lord, that would be hilarious.
The only non-Wildling character who is really taking the White Walkers seriously is Jon Snow. Even Sansa, heck even Lady Mormont, don't really understand how severe the threat is, even if they believe something is coming. Everyone else is playing political games, so that won't make me doubt Daenerys.

I think Dany has plenty of flaws, including her sense of entitlement and arrogance. But I have yet to see the madness so many project. And just narratively, Cersei is already an insane queen, so it's kind of redundant to have two of them. Dany has a bloodlust, but is always able to temper it down with compassion, which is something pretty rare among the people who have worn a crown on this show.

With that said, I am with those who do not want to see Jon and Dany become a power couple. That is just too cute by half.

--John Adams
Old 08-07-2017, 10:14 PM   #69
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
As far as she knows the Iron Throne is her birthright. Its been her life goal for years. So of course she is fighting for it. Even with the White Walkers coming, **** is still happening south of the Wall. Cersei is making allies, consolidating her power, and going to get stronger unless she is dealt with. So if possible it would be smart to deal with Cersei before dealing with the White Walkers.

And besides, so far, Jon has done very little to convince her to drop everything else, abandon her fight for the Throne, and head North and let Cersei have free run in the South. Dany has the word of a young man that she knows very little about telling her that an army of boogeymen are coming. Oh and Jon showed her some stick figures on a cave wall. Very compelling evidence.

Its silly to expect her to just abandon her fight for the Throne based on Jon's word and some cave scratchings.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:19 PM   #70
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
The only non-Wildling character who is really taking the White Walkers seriously is Jon Snow. Even Sansa, heck even Lady Mormont, don't really understand how severe the threat is, even if they believe something is coming. Everyone else is playing political games, so that won't make me doubt Daenerys.

I think Dany has plenty of flaws, including her sense of entitlement and arrogance. But I have yet to see the madness so many project. And just narratively, Cersei is already an insane queen, so it's kind of redundant to have two of them. Dany has a bloodlust, but is always able to temper it down with compassion, which is something pretty rare among the people who have worn a crown on this show.

With that said, I am with those who do not want to see Jon and Dany become a power couple. That is just too cute by half.
Mel warned her. Davos warned her. Everyone at the Wall knows what is coming.

Dany acting like a child because everyone else is acting like a child, does not make her less of a child. And you just said she has bloodlust. If she starts executing people with fire, what will be your excuse then?

Old 08-07-2017, 10:21 PM   #71
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

People she's known for all of 5 minutes.

But right now she is no different from Ned, Robb, Jamie and everyone else who has gone to war. She just happens to have bigger guns then the others did. She is trying to have others treat her seriously which makes her come off a bit worse.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 08-07-2017 at 10:25 PM.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:34 PM   #72
Guts
Gul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
As far as she knows the Iron Throne is her birthright. Its been her life goal for years. So of course she is fighting for it. Even with the White Walkers coming, **** is still happening south of the Wall. Cersei is making allies, consolidating her power, and going to get stronger unless she is dealt with. So if possible it would be smart to deal with Cersei before dealing with the White Walkers.

And besides, so far, Jon has done very little to convince her to drop everything else, abandon her fight for the Throne, and head North and let Cersei have free run in the South. Dany has the word of a young man that she knows very little about telling her that an army of boogeymen are coming. Oh and Jon showed her some stick figures on a cave wall. Very compelling evidence.

Its silly to expect her to just abandon her fight for the Throne based on Jon's word and some cave scratchings.
He probably drew that himself.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:34 PM   #73
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
Thats the thing with Dragons...hearing about them is one thing....seeing them turn your men to literal ash is another.
I was thinking this too.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:43 PM   #74
The Big G
A Filthy Ningen

Quote:
The best thing about Dany is she keeps on crying about a claim she does not have. So when she is forced to bend the knee to Jon, will she? Or will it be suddenly, "I worked for this".
Both of them will be bending their knees

The Big G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:51 PM   #75
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Jon is an idiot if he honestly thought the Mother of Dragons would believe a man she never met discuss a threat she never had a reason to believe in. He should have brought evidence. Besides, she has the army and the dragons, so she can play hard to get.