The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's The Inhumans

View Poll Results: Are you excited about this show?
Yes 59 85.51%
No 10 14.49%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM   #701
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Why is everything about how the 2nd season will be better and will fix all the mistakes/ develop the story more? I want to see things done correctly in the first season or first movie, not sequel.

Scott Buck should never work for Marvel again. Instead he's probably taking over Perlmutter's job.
What's really sad is that he's almost effectively the face of Marvel TV. He's even more powerful that Marco Ramirez since Ramirez is doing two shows that both involve Daredevil. Scott Buck is doing two shows that have nothing to do with one another on two different networks. He's clearly second to Jeph Loeb and if Jeph retires, Buck might take over the entire TV side of Marvel where he'll have free reign to run all of Marvel's street-level heroes into the ground.

Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM   #702
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

And the trailer is also being savaged on Reddit.

Old Yesterday, 03:10 PM   #703
rebellion
Side-Kick

not on marvelstudios subreddit. most of the comments are positive there. also youtube, which, gotta say, shocked me.

rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM   #704
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
What's really sad is that he's almost effectively the face of Marvel TV. He's even more powerful that Marco Ramirez since Ramirez is doing two shows that both involve Daredevil. Scott Buck is doing two shows that have nothing to do with one another on two different networks. He's clearly second to Jeph Loeb and if Jeph retires, Buck might take over the entire TV side of Marvel where he'll have free reign to run all of Marvel's street-level heroes into the ground.
Surely not. Marvel is a competent studio so I expect them to can Buck after he's run two separate shows into the ground.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
BestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM   #705
Mister J
yOu DARe mOck mE, cHiLD?
SHH! Global Moderator

I didn't know I was as much of an Inhumans fan as I seem to be. Not until I started have visceral and contemptuous reactions to how horse**** all this strikes me.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there is always madness. Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM   #706
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestGirl View Post
Surely not. Marvel is a competent studio so I expect them to can Buck after he's run two separate shows into the ground.
They need to fire him as soon as possible, but I bet that won't happen. Somehow they seem to like his approach to Marvel TV.

Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM   #707
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Locke View Post
Is Crystal the girl with Triton in the beginning?
No, she's not.

Quote:
Is she not Medusa's sister in the show?
No, she is.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM   #708
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellion View Post
not on marvelstudios subreddit. most of the comments are positive there. also youtube, which, gotta say, shocked me.
Yes it is. I'm on there right now in the thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi..._2017_trailer/

Numerous negative comments about bad acting, ugly costumes and bland sets.

Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM   #709
Sithborg
The new ewoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
I didn't know I was as much of an Inhumans fan as I seem to be. Not until I started have visceral and contemptuous reactions to how horse**** all this strikes me.
I am definitely not an Inhuman fan. But even I have had strong reactions to these trailers.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM   #710
Rowsdower!
Vlad's Moving Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Haven't they made all 8 episodes already?
I assume so but that doesn't mean the show will finish its run. If the ratings are in the toilet and people hate it, they could pull it after an episode or two. Happens all the time.

Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM   #711
TheComicbookKid
Swing n Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I assume so but that doesn't mean the show will finish its run. If the ratings are in the toilet and people hate it, they could pull it after an episode or two. Happens all the time.
On a Friday? They'll just burn it off with a "marathon event" and replace it with reruns of 20/20.

TheComicbookKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM   #712
KevTravels
Side-Kick

how much of a budget does the show have? I had hopes it would be reflective on screen, but judging from the trailer, the budget must be for a syndicated series on WGN.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM   #713
Dr. Evil
I am Groot

So Collider Heroes reacted to this second trailer and the reaction of Jon Schnepp was of disinterest.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM   #714
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy339 View Post
I think when they announced IMAX they were going for something big and high-budget but then someone high up pulled the breaks on the budget, Scott Buck was hired to get it out fast and what we see now is the end result.

Yeah it sure seems to be that exactly.

Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM   #715
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
You tangentially made me look up Stargate SG-1. Apparently they averaged 1.7M per episode, and looked really good quality even years later. Granted, they played to their limits, but still.
it was expensive at the time for Showtime. I'm pretty sure they put the entire budget into the SFX, which makes sense.

Old Yesterday, 11:01 PM   #716
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Eh, I am 100% certain that "lack of superjumps" was not a budget decision, but a creative one. Jessica Jones and Iron Fist are not analogous in any way.
^THIS. A great decision on the part of JJ. I do wish they had showed more of her superpowers, but the actress is like 100 pounds with little muscle. But she's charismatic and I get from her acting that she has the abilities, but doesn't manage them perfectly.

Old Today, 05:22 AM   #717
zenith16
Side-Kick

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:38 PM   #718
psylockolussus
Fierce User

The second trailer looks better but it still looks half baked. The vfx for Medusa and Lockjaw doesn't look quite polished. The Netflix shows get away with the street level / indie type look / handycam shots...but this one should have been made with a MCU film production value.

Also, Triton looks awful. Attilan should look more colorful and not with the extras wearing black and white. It's almost like Aos

Wonder Woman, Planet of the Apes, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, Logan, Kong, Fast & Furious, Alien, Beauty and the Beast, Power Rangers, Resident Evil, The Mummy, Pirates of the Caribbean, Ghost in the Shell, Underworld, Transformers
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote