The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Defenders

Old Today, 08:00 AM   #676
Best
Side-Kicker

Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Avenger View Post
This looks so good. Thank God the Daredevil guys are handling this. Finn looks far better here than in IF.
Daredevil "guy". Doug Petrie left just before/after filming started. Its made me a bit nervous tbh, but we'll see.

Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:12 AM   #677
kguillou
Side-Kick

Honestly, I feel like this could be the best thing, movie or tv, that Marvel puts out this year. Yes, I said it. Better than Homecoming, better than Ragnorak. For my money, this is the Marvel event I've been waiting for: a down and dirty, gritty martial arts fueled team up of Marvel's best street characters. As long as the fight scenes deliver and as long as Iron Fist doesn't bring this whole thing down, this could be the MCU's team-up masterpiece. Until Infinity War, that is.

1) JUSTICE LEAGUE 2) John Wick 2 9/10 3) Logan 8.5/10 4) BladeRunner 2049 5) Wonder Woman 8/10 6) ALIEN: Covenant 7) WAR Of The Planet of The Apes 8) Ghost in The Shell 6/10 9) Kingsman: Golden Circle 10) Atomic Blonde
kguillou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:14 AM   #678
scarlet-witch
Stormborn

This looks great, hopefully Ritter's fighting choreography has improved.

"Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Winter is almost upon us. Kill the boy and let the man be born."
scarlet-witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:18 AM   #679
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Do you think they will address the Big hole in the building we saw in Daredevil 2?

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:04 AM   #680
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I imagine so

Old Today, 10:23 AM   #681
Joe Von Zombie
Unite the Seven

Who are the showrunners on this?

There is a huge difference between "I want to honor my loved ones" and "I hate criminals, and want to punish them".

That difference is called "Batman".- The Guard
Joe Von Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:33 AM   #682
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Von Zombie View Post
Who are the showrunners on this?
Marco Ramirez. Same guy from Daredevil Season 2.

Old Today, 10:46 AM   #683
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

I wonder if there will be any explanation given from the creators as to why Spider-Man who's borderline street-level New York won't get involved in the Defenders big shenanigans?

Bruce Malone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:56 AM   #684
Iceman
Infinity War!

It's always fun if they reference stuff like that but I guess with the TV and CU split they might not. He could just be busy with a different threat. Isn't it like when an event takes place in a city that not every cop will be sent to the biggest incident. Others will be handling secondary and routine incidents too.

Old Today, 11:27 AM   #685
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
He's both.
I actually don't know if he's really a cheapskate, but yeah, he's definitely a hack. Cheapskate. . . we'd need to know how many showrunning decisions about production quality were his, versus the budget. I mean, sure, Iron Fist and Inhumans both look cheap in their own ways, but it could be that Iron Fist had a tiny budget and timescale to work with, and Inhumans was mandated to spend most of their budget on IMAX cameras.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:31 AM   #686
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panacea View Post
I wonder if the NYC "quakes" will be mentioned in AoS...
You know, I think we're honestly to the point where random weirdness that isn't "Giant portal flooding the city with aliens" just isn't worth mentioning anymore. Its this weeks' hot news, to be replaced by next weeks' report on some other weirdness.

Old Today, 11:35 AM   #687
Dr. Evil
I am Groot

I would think that both seasons of Daredevil, the one season of Luke, Jessica, Danny and the current run of the Defenders all take place in the time period in between Sokovia (Age of Ultron) and Leipzig (Civil War) but who knows.

The timeline of the Netflix shows is more confusing than the rest of the MCU.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:36 AM   #688
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
I wonder if there will be any explanation given from the creators as to why Spider-Man who's borderline street-level New York won't get involved in the Defenders big shenanigans?
Depending on the timeline, he might not actually be a hero yet. Even if he is, though, he's mainly active out in Queens, whereas this looks to be taking place in and around Hell's Kitchen, on Manhattan.

Old Today, 11:38 AM   #689
Dr. Evil
I am Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Depending on the timeline, he might not actually be a hero yet. Even if he is, though, he's mainly active out in Queens, whereas this looks to be taking place in and around Hell's Kitchen, on Manhattan.
The timeline is confusing, although if I had to guess, by the time we see Spidey and Black Panther in Civil War, the events of the Netflix shows and the Defenders will have already come and gone. It's my one major issue with the Netflix MCU at this point outside of the problems of Iron Fist.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by Dr. Evil; Today at 11:42 AM.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:08 PM   #690
pixen
Side-Kick

Quote:
No. It really doesn't matter. He could get a cute little name drop but I wouldn't expect anything. We don't need a nod to Spider-Man because he has nothing to do with them. The cinematic universe and the Netflix one exist in the same bubble

pixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:09 PM   #691
pixen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
I have to nitpick and say that doesn't even look like the interior of a New York subway. Otherwise, the series looks great.
They filmed it on an actually NYC subway car though... so....

pixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:38 PM   #692
CosmicSpider
Side-Kick

Trailer was awesome. This will probably be the first of the shows that I binge watch in one night.

Also find it hilarious that everyone is making fun of Matt's costume, embarrassed by it, but he looks like the only normal one in the group to me.

CosmicSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:46 PM   #693
herolee10
Superman Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Avenger View Post
Do you think they will address the Big hole in the building we saw in Daredevil 2?
I think the scenes/shots that we saw in the new trailer, where they're fighting the Hand in some underground cavern is actually underneath the hole that was shown/introduced in Season 2 of Daredevil.

1 Corinthians 10:13
herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:53 PM   #694
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
There doesn't really need an explanation. The Defenders are more of a group of convenience than a dedicated team. It's fairly clear each of the four come across the Hand though their own means. So its understandable that Spider-man just came across a Hand operation. In Homecoming Spider-man only finds out about the Vulture because he happened to be across the street when some robbers were using his tech. Daredevil only found out about Fisk because Wesley literally walked into his office acting super shady. And he only learned about the Hand because Elektra and Stick dragged him in. Danny only finds out because Harold Meachum told him. Combined with the fact the series will take place in a 48 hr period it's highly likely that Spidey will have no idea what's going on.

Plus creatively you would want the Defenders to focus on the main characters, the show is about DD, JJ, LC, and IF teaming up. Spider-man could be too big of a distraction and steal the show. Also I doubt they'd be able to pay Sony enough to include him, just not worth how much of the budget they would have to dedicate.

I don't mind a lack of Spider references but I would like something to clarify the timeline of shows in relation to the films. (Though with the timeline confusion in Homecoming that might not be so simple)

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:06 PM   #695
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

I know Spider-Man is never going to be appear with the Defenders (or any of the other Avengers with the Defenders) it's just that if they are going to continue to semi-reference the MCU universe in the shows, it might make sense to lay-out why in certain periods when those heroes could be used why they aren't there.

Saving all of Manhattan would probably interest Spider-Man as well.

Bruce Malone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:23 PM   #696
wampa1
Side-Kick

I'm not quite there yet with this. It's like, we've had 2 seasons of DD fighting ninjas and a season of Iron Fist fighting ninjas and then everyone comes together to fight some ninjas. I do hope they're holding back some great big reveal of an even bigger big bad and go a bit comic book silly with it (like DD season 2 threatened to do in places). It's all a bit 'been there, done that' at the moment.

wampa1 is online now   Reply With Quote