The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Old Today, 03:36 PM   #651
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The villain just looks like Ares.

TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:38 PM   #652
Timebomb
Side-Kick

Default Re: Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBoose View Post
Wasn't impressed by the JL trailer either. And slow motion freaking annoyed the crap out of me.

About Affleck staying. There's a possibility it's true. BUT, he also claimed he stays as a director, lol. And we have to remember there's NO WAY they're going to announce his departure before the release of JL. They will be playing it cool till the right time comes.
Yeah, we probably won't hear much until after JL but how come I feel like the announcement that the Flash movie will tackle Flashpoint just contradicted Ben saying he is still Batman and does this mean the Jeffrey Dean Morgan is Batman?

Timebomb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:39 PM   #653
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timebomb View Post
Yeah I noticed that to. I wonder if it's the entire city scene or just that particular part.

What bothers me is when Bruce is saying Superman brought out the best in people. Who? You were trying to murder him 10 minutes before he died. You only saw him interact with Diana and they didn't say two words to each other. This supposed reaction to Superman's death was never earned.
Plus the people of Earth seemed ambivalent about him at best.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
BestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:40 PM   #654
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Yeah, especially in the light of the upcoming Flashpoint movie...

Old Today, 03:40 PM   #655
Limonade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wasn't impressed by the JL trailer either. And slow motion freaking annoyed the crap out of me.

About Affleck staying. There's a possibility it's true. BUT, he also claimed he stays as a director, lol. And we have to remember there's NO WAY they're going to announce his departure before the release of JL. They will be playing it cool till the right time comes.
Same. I like the trailer.

I understand that Snyder has a tendency to take these long winding shots and force the audience to take it all in. It also draws out the movie and makes the movie feel longer than it should.

I'm still not sold on how this movie is going to make any sense in the end. But at this point, I just want a coherent and fun movie with these characters... I can live with little or huge leaps of logic on these DC movies now.

Limonade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:42 PM   #656
Timebomb
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
The villain just looks like Ares.
Nah. Ares had a mustache. This guy has a goatee.

Old Today, 03:42 PM   #657
Frankeh
Side-Kick

Why is the JL cinematography so awful? It looks cramped when it seems to have this huge scope.

Frankeh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:43 PM   #658
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Looks like they're trying hard to imitate the Avengers movies. But I liked this trailer.

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:44 PM   #659
The Fact
Side-Kick

http://i.imgur.com/n5c99pT.mp4

Man that new justice league trailer looks so good! You can't even tell they used a green screen at all!

The Fact is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:44 PM   #660
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limonade View Post
Same. I like the trailer.
It's not really the same, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fact View Post

Man that new justice league trailer looks so good! You can't even tell they used a green screen at all!
To be fair, it looks much better than it did 3 months ago.

Old Today, 03:48 PM   #661
Limonade
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's not really the same, lol.
In regards to not being impressed. I still liked it. Kinda like being in the audience of a school play for some one you know. It's not terrible... it's not jaw dropping... it's... nice.

Old Today, 03:48 PM   #662
Frankeh
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fact View Post

AWFUL. Yikes.

Frankeh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:50 PM   #663
Fincher
Too far gone

Am I only the only one who couldn't understand what Steppenwolf was saying? I assume it was your standard "I'll mess your **** up" speech, but it might as well have been in his native language.

But yeah, I thought the trailer was solid.

Fincher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:52 PM   #664
Timebomb
Side-Kick

The DC fan in me is really bummed that the best trailer so far today was Ready Player One.

Old Today, 03:55 PM   #665
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
Am I only the only one who couldn't understand what Steppenwolf was saying? I assume it was your standard "I'll mess your **** up" speech, but it might as well have been in his native language.

But yeah, I thought the trailer was solid.
Yeah it took me a few watches to catch it all.

Aziz
Greens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:58 PM   #666
Blackman
C'mon Son

Am I the only one who doesn't get the hype of FLashpoint.

And jeez this would be the third adaptation. 1) The show did it 2) They had the DTV and now they're making a live action movie of it

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:03 PM   #667
Limonade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post

And jeez this would be the third adaptation. 1) The show did it 2) They had the DTV and now they're making a live action movie of it
The Flashpoint movie could just be a self-contained movie starring the Flash.

One would assume that trying to fit that newly announced movie into a larger continuity would be an exercise in frustration.

Old Today, 04:04 PM   #668
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

I couldn't care less about Flashpoint. Surprised that Sirens wasn't mentioned.

Aziz
Greens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:11 PM   #669
The Fact
Side-Kick

Quote:

It's the only announced movie I'm even somewhat excited for tbh.

In an ideal world we wouldn't have the DC movies we currently have so they could focus on adapting other, better, flash stories and wouldn't have to worry about how awful things have been.

But given the current situation flashpoint is exciting because there's a good chance they can fix all the awful crap we have in this shared universe (most of our heroes being serial killers, superman's supporting cast being killed off, literally everything about lex luthor, etc.)

The Fact is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:12 PM   #670
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

The DCEU has a weird example of what a "beacon of hope" is supposed to be.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:16 PM   #671
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limonade View Post
The Flashpoint movie could just be a self-contained movie starring the Flash.

One would assume that trying to fit that newly announced movie into a larger continuity would be an exercise in frustration.
Ok..but that still doesn't change the fact that they're kinda overdoing it.

And id say that about a story I like.for example of there was a live action GL show, and they adapted Sinesteo Corps War, and then made DTV AND then make a live action movie of the same story in a relatively short time is still day they're overdoing it.

I don't care if Flashpoint is self contained or not. It's just a mediocre story first of all and then they're just overdoing it

Last edited by Blackman; Today at 04:21 PM.
Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:16 PM   #672
Sithborg
The new ewoks

I briefly mistook the cg Amazons for Spartans.

That is indeed a Snyder movie.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:19 PM   #673
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Of all announced DCEU films I'm hyped only for the Batsolo (because Matt Reeves) and Aquaman. Joker v Harley: Dawn of Madness, Sirens, ****ing Shazam, JL Dark, Flashpoint - either too obscure at the moment, plain uninteresting or outright terrible ideas. Oh, Batgirl sounds intriguing too.

Old Today, 04:20 PM   #674
Limonade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ok..but that still doesn't change the fact that they're kinda overdoing it.

And if say that about a story I like.for example of there was a love action GL show, and they adapted Sinesteo Corps War, and then made DTV AND then make a live action movie of the same story in a relatively short time is still day they're overdoing it.

I don't care if Flashpoint is self contained or not. It's just a mediocre story first of all and then they're just overdoing it
True.

Old Today, 04:24 PM   #675
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Still can't get up for JL. Nothing in that trailer looks remotely interesting.

If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you die, walk it off."--Captain America
Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote