The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Tech & Support

Old 06-25-2018, 09:20 AM   #1
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

Default Non-secure site

I noticed that in the address bar on Safari (Mac) the address bar text is red and warning of a non-secure form. It is the only place on your site where i have experienced this warning. Just wanted to give you folks a heads up.

Reel-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:50 PM   #2
geetard
Rebirth

Default Re: Non-secure site

Probably has to do with SHH not using the HTTPS protocol. Web browsers indicate whether a website uses that protocol or not.

geetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:04 PM   #3
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

That's not the only place that it's not secure. It says quite literally "not secure" on every page of the forum when you look on the address bar. It has been like that for years. It has the little (i) in a circle instead of the little padlock symbol. And yes, it doesn't use https.

Also, is this site GDPR compliant? I don't recall anything being done at the time at the end of May to work towards this or any notification regarding changes to the privacy policy. Although there isn't any credit card information being exchanged here, there is still plenty of personal data being stored when people sign up, particularly people within the EU, even if the site itself might be based in the US.

Shouldn't this site also have a cookie notice that pops up?

Old 06-26-2018, 07:01 PM   #4
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
That's not the only place that it's not secure. It says quite literally "not secure" on every page of the forum when you look on the address bar. It has been like that for years. It has the little (i) in a circle instead of the little padlock symbol. And yes, it doesn't use https.

Also, is this site GDPR compliant? I don't recall anything being done at the time at the end of May to work towards this or any notification regarding changes to the privacy policy. Although there isn't any credit card information being exchanged here, there is still plenty of personal data being stored when people sign up, particularly people within the EU, even if the site itself might be based in the US.

Shouldn't this site also have a cookie notice that pops up?
I've never encounter it anywhere except the social group section where you can invite members. This was the first time i've gotten this notice, strange.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:10 PM   #5
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel-Man View Post
I've never encounter it anywhere except the social group section where you can invite members. This was the first time i've gotten this notice, strange.
Which browser do you use?

It always says it in Chrome for any non-secure site if it doesn't have an SSL certificate (which this site clearly doesn't). Even if it doesn't display the words "not secure", SHH will still have the (i) symbol in the circle and not the little padlock.

I can't remember what it says for IE, but probably something similar.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:15 PM   #6
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

I am using High Sierra 10.13.5 (Mac) with Safari browser. Excellent browser, specially with extensions (plugins).

Old 06-26-2018, 07:17 PM   #7
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
The Forum Rules do contain a GDPR Notice,

Quote:
Cookies:
This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some are essential to make our site work; others help us improve the user experience. By checking the box below, you consent to the placement of these cookies.

Your Information:
The type of data that we collect and process includes:
- Your name or username.
- Your email address.
- Your IP address.
Further data may be collected if you choose to share it, such as if you fill out fields on your profile.

Your Rights:
You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you or obtain a copy of it. To do so please contact us. If you believe that the information we hold for you is incomplete or inaccurate, you may contact us to ask us to complete or correct that information.
You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. Please contact us if you would like us to remove your personal data.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:30 PM   #8
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Edge also says it's not secure. It has (!) instead of the padlock.