The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Tech & Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2018, 09:20 AM   #1
Reel-Man
Side-Kick
 
Reel-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,200
Default Non-secure site

I noticed that in the address bar on Safari (Mac) the address bar text is red and warning of a non-secure form. It is the only place on your site where i have experienced this warning. Just wanted to give you folks a heads up.


Reel-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:50 PM   #2
geetard
Rebirth
 
geetard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 9,230
Default Re: Non-secure site

Probably has to do with SHH not using the HTTPS protocol. Web browsers indicate whether a website uses that protocol or not.




geetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:04 PM   #3
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 45,263
Default Re: Non-secure site

That's not the only place that it's not secure. It says quite literally "not secure" on every page of the forum when you look on the address bar. It has been like that for years. It has the little (i) in a circle instead of the little padlock symbol. And yes, it doesn't use https.

Also, is this site GDPR compliant? I don't recall anything being done at the time at the end of May to work towards this or any notification regarding changes to the privacy policy. Although there isn't any credit card information being exchanged here, there is still plenty of personal data being stored when people sign up, particularly people within the EU, even if the site itself might be based in the US.

Shouldn't this site also have a cookie notice that pops up?

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:01 PM   #4
Reel-Man
Side-Kick
 
Reel-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,200
Default Re: Non-secure site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
That's not the only place that it's not secure. It says quite literally "not secure" on every page of the forum when you look on the address bar. It has been like that for years. It has the little (i) in a circle instead of the little padlock symbol. And yes, it doesn't use https.

Also, is this site GDPR compliant? I don't recall anything being done at the time at the end of May to work towards this or any notification regarding changes to the privacy policy. Although there isn't any credit card information being exchanged here, there is still plenty of personal data being stored when people sign up, particularly people within the EU, even if the site itself might be based in the US.

Shouldn't this site also have a cookie notice that pops up?
I've never encounter it anywhere except the social group section where you can invite members. This was the first time i've gotten this notice, strange.

Reel-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:10 PM   #5
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 45,263
Default Re: Non-secure site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel-Man View Post
I've never encounter it anywhere except the social group section where you can invite members. This was the first time i've gotten this notice, strange.
Which browser do you use?

It always says it in Chrome for any non-secure site if it doesn't have an SSL certificate (which this site clearly doesn't). Even if it doesn't display the words "not secure", SHH will still have the (i) symbol in the circle and not the little padlock.

I can't remember what it says for IE, but probably something similar.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:15 PM   #6
Reel-Man
Side-Kick
 
Reel-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,200
Default Re: Non-secure site

I am using High Sierra 10.13.5 (Mac) with Safari browser. Excellent browser, specially with extensions (plugins).

Reel-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:17 PM   #7
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action
 
Milk Tray Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: London, UK
Posts: 7,633
Default Re: Non-secure site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Also, is this site GDPR compliant? I don't recall anything being done at the time at the end of May to work towards this or any notification regarding changes to the privacy policy. Although there isn't any credit card information being exchanged here, there is still plenty of personal data being stored when people sign up, particularly people within the EU, even if the site itself might be based in the US.
The Forum Rules do contain a GDPR Notice,

Quote:
Cookies:
This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some are essential to make our site work; others help us improve the user experience. By checking the box below, you consent to the placement of these cookies.


Your Information:
The type of data that we collect and process includes:
- Your name or username.
- Your email address.
- Your IP address.
Further data may be collected if you choose to share it, such as if you fill out fields on your profile.


Your Rights:
You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you or obtain a copy of it. To do so please contact us. If you believe that the information we hold for you is incomplete or inaccurate, you may contact us to ask us to complete or correct that information.
You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. Please contact us if you would like us to remove your personal data.

__________________
"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:30 PM   #8
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 22,871
Default Re: Non-secure site

Edge also says it's not secure. It has (!) instead of the padlock.

__________________
#CAVILLRY
LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.