The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results: Which DC Screw up Annoyed you the most?
DC/WB mishandling the first Green Lantern film 6 10.53%
DC/WB making a polarizing Superman reboot in MOS 8 14.04%
DC/WB ruining the first live action meeting of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman 40 70.18%
DC making a mess of the first Villain-centric Comic book film 6 10.53%
DC's mishandling of the first ever Justice League film 24 42.11%
I like most of DC's recent decisions 0 0%
Other 6 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2018, 02:50 PM   #1
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Default Which recent DC/WB screw up annoyed you the most?

For many fans, WB/DC have been mishandling their properites for the better part of a decade. Which example of mishandling made you the most annoyed?

Old 02-19-2018, 03:28 PM   #2
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Which recent DC/WB screw up annoyed you the most?

I'd say BvS. Talk about a total balls up of what should have been a landmark story for the franchise.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:46 PM   #3
Chip Chipperson
None of this matters.

its BvS by a country mile. This was the first time that these icons met on the big screen. That's right. Icons. Larger than life characters that have dominated pop culture up until about 2012 when Avengers came out. And even then, people were excited to see their childhood heroes come to life. Most of us expected them to screw up JL. I'm sure a lot of us expected them to screw up BvS after Man of Steel, but we still had that hope. Then the hope died.

Chip Chipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:05 PM   #4
RomanticPenguin
Superman loves ya

so much to choose, hmmm

RomanticPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:31 PM   #5
STARMAN
Side-Kick

BvS. In a series of self inflicting wounds that one annoyed me the most.

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:35 PM   #6
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Where it all started: MOS.

Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #7
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

BvS. After BvS, I didn't have high hopes for Justice League, so I wasn't as disappointed.

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:34 PM   #8
Visualiza
Jimmy Scrambles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
Agreed. I don't even think GL did as much damage to the brand as MoS did.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:40 PM   #9
StarLord
Boogeyman

Justice League.

0-180 on characters, not being able to promote Superman... in a JUSTICE LEAGUE movie (granted, the stupid idea to kill him was in BvS) and then there's the awful CGI, moustache-gate and change of director.

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:09 PM   #10
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

BvS. The first time ever we got to see Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman on the big screen together. That can only happen once. There will never be a first time again. And they screwed it up.

Kahran Ramsus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:23 PM   #11
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

I knew things were in trouble when I read an article about how WB's takeaway from the success of The Dark Knight Trilogy is that superhero movies with a dark tone worked, therefore all their DC movies from then on would be dark. I knew that would turn into a mess straightaway, and I was right when I saw Man of Steel, and it's all been downhill from there.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:48 PM   #12
Hello2016
Side-Kick

I didn't bother seeing Justice League as just felt like actual movie never got released. Quite a mishmash, very poor budget handling, looks poor, ect.

I didn't see Suicide Squad either after reading about the re-shoots months before it released and the denial of changes soon to follow.

BvS some may hate but at least was what it was (Directors cut helped iron out editing issues the film had so at least an intact release even if hate the film itself).

Hello2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:19 AM   #13
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Easily JL for me, what an absolute mess of a movie.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:29 AM   #14
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Still to see Justice League so I don't feel I can vote, but of the others it's a tie between Green Lantern and Suicide Squad. Thing is I didn't hate either of them, but they were definitely nowhere near what they could/should have been. As for MoS and BvS I liked them; some problems for sure, but I still enjoyed the hell out of them.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:18 PM   #15
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I could have overlooked JL and SS if BvS was stellar.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:16 PM   #16
Hello2016
Side-Kick

Wall Re: Which recent DC/WB screw up annoyed you the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erzengel View Post
i could have overlooked jl and ss if bvs was stellar.
lol!

Last edited by Hello2016; 02-21-2018 at 02:34 AM.
Hello2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:23 PM   #17
Deck Rickard
Turd in the Wind

I voted for the turd trifecta of BvS, Suicide Squad and Justice League, though I'd have to say that BvS was the point of no return. Had BvS worked, then maybe they could have gotten away with Suicide Squad being crappy. And JL would have presumably been good (maybe). But BvS was a disaster and then... WB decided to just stay the course and let Snyder ruin JL. And then, big surprise, he made a horrible movie, so WB decided to course correct HALFWAY THROUGH and fired him and then hired Joss Whedon to try and turn bowel cancer into a diamond.

So many horrible decisions by so many involved. It's a miracle Wonder Woman turned out as good as it did. Maybe Aquaman and Shazam will turn out good, I don't know.

Deck Rickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:33 PM   #18
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

What annoyed me the most is definitely Suicide Squad. I don't care all that much for WW and Superman, but it's hard for me to tolerate trashing of the Batverse.

That being said, I voted for "the unholy trilogy" of BvS-SS-JL.

Builds your roofs of dead wood. Builds your walls of dead stone. Builds your dreams of dead thoughts. Comes crying laughing singing back to life, takes what you steal, and pulls the skins from your dead bones shrieking.
--Clay tablet in an abandoned Trickster temple
OutOfBoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:40 PM   #19
Steyin
Bidding you ADIEU!

BvS for the sole reason that it should have just been MoS 2. Going through with the inclusion of Batman, and then WW was ****ing icing on the crap cake.

My LEGO Gallery
Steyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:45 PM   #20
m1ll3r
Failed experiment

BvS will win this poll by a country mile, and deservedly so. It was a horrible movie when it came out, and its reputation only gets worse as time goes by. All but the most hardcore Snyder fans acknowledge its sheer awfulness these days.

2018 movies: Black Panther - 7.5/10, The Cloverfield Paradox - 2/10, Get Out - 9/10, Ready Player One - 7/10, Annihilation - 7.5/10, Avengers Infinity War - 8.5/10, Deadpool 2 - 8.5/10, Solo - 6/10, A Quiet Place - 8/10, Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom - 5/10, Mission Impossible: Fallout - 9/10
m1ll3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:58 PM   #21
Brother Jack
Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
MOS isn't a terrible movie, but it did have some sizable flaws that could have been dealt with in a properly executed sequel. Instead they made BVS. That was the point at which it was clear WB/DC were making virtually all the wrong decisions.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:37 PM   #22
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Yeah, Man of Steel is a mediocre film, but it didn't do any damage, assuming you can accept Superman's killing if there's no other choice.

Builds your roofs of dead wood. Builds your walls of dead stone. Builds your dreams of dead thoughts. Comes crying laughing singing back to life, takes what you steal, and pulls the skins from your dead bones shrieking.
--Clay tablet in an abandoned Trickster temple
OutOfBoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:56 PM   #23
Boom
I got nothin'

Their handling of Justice League. Easy.

While Snyder's ideas for BvS were cynical and misguided, he was allowed to make the film he wanted to make and the film had a clear singular vision under his guidance. The ambition was clearly there, and I can at the very least respect that. Justice League, on the other hand, is the embodiment of corporate greed, cynicism, impatience, reactionism, and sheer stupidity. It literally could not have been handled worse, from start to finish. It's a cookie-cutter movie from the bowels of hell, and more people should have lost their jobs over it.

Last edited by Boom; 02-20-2018 at 05:59 PM.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:28 PM   #24
Chip Chipperson
None of this matters.

JL was bad, sure. But after what we got with BvS, the ones who were put off by it expected this. We were prepared. BvS is really where the damage made itself known. MOS was teetering between good and bad film (I still think its solid despite the serious problems I had with it), but there were enough promising elements for WB to move ahead with Snyder, I guess. Or it could just be that no sane/respected director would work under the conditions that Zack had agreed to when they finally convinced him to take the gig. Also can I just mention how sad it is that he was one of their last choices, he didn't even want the job at first, they finally convinced him and here we are.

They went from MOS which was supposed to be a standalone superman universe, to a full on DC Movie Universe. If I remember, MOS got delayed in 2012. Avengers dropped that summer, and WB had its heart set on the connected stuff. It was all ill conceived from the start. They saw the success of the dark knight trilogy and thought they could do that with superman. All changed with that delay and Avengers though.

They could've released a good JL movie but the interest still wouldn't have been there after the absolute dumpster fire that was BvS. The general audience really did not like nor connect with that movie. The brand isn't damaged beyond repair, but they really need to look at these properties in a different light. Get people who understand/love these characters. If you can swing a big name director/writer to make a film, thats great too. They shouldn't settle on someone just to meet a deadline or be worried that they'll miss the boat on a trend. Just make good movies and let things happen naturally. Sigh.

Chip Chipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:58 PM   #25
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyin View Post
BvS for the sole reason that it should have just been MoS 2. Going through with the inclusion of Batman, and then WW was ****ing icing on the crap cake.
I liked MoS. And as much as I wanted Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman on the big screen together, I really wish we'd had a Supes solo trilogy first.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote