Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 07:31 AM   #351
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: FOX Shared Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
You cant crossover Storm to Black Panther then Wolverine/Beast into the Avengers without establishing that they exist in the same universe which is just gonna look forced if they try to make that happen in the 1st place.
How many times have the F4 been brought in X-Men films in the past 15 years of continuity? Zero. Even when 2 F4 films were going on at the same time.

Last edited by def28; 02-22-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:35 AM   #352
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Ff are just about to become Ff and they are set in the present... and I already said that they should exist in different dimension so they wont have both teams helping each other everytime theres a crisis. Even if they did exist in the same dimension... like I said they are still in movie #1 so its not a problem. You can have the Ff in 2023 and that wont contradict the events of the previous X-Men films.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-22-2015 at 07:39 AM.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:36 AM   #353
def28
Side-Kick

Either studio can pull off crap like that. To say only Fox can is ridiculous.

You make exceptions for Fox but not Marvel. Makes no sense.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:46 AM   #354
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Either studio can pull off crap like that. To say only Fox can is ridiculous.

You make exceptions for Fox but not Marvel. Makes no sense.
Talk to me when you have an idea on how would the FoXmen exist in Mcu without feeling forced.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:05 AM   #355
marvelrobbins
Banned User

after DOFP there is nothing that says the 'present' doesn't have the FF.
Apocalypse doesn't lead into trilogy.But x2 had frankline richards on stryker's computer screen.

In shared universe FF can be prime non-mutant heroes.In MCU they would second string heroes.

X-Men can not fit In MCU.Too different tones.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:54 AM   #356
Lip
Side-Kick

Wow, that's true. I didn't know Frank was there too:

Old 02-22-2015, 12:06 PM   #357
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Apocalypse doesn't lead into trilogy.But x2 had frankline richards on stryker's computer screen.

In shared universe FF can be prime non-mutant heroes.In MCU they would second string heroes.

X-Men can not fit In MCU.Too different tones.
X-Men could fit into MCU only if they reboot both series. Theres so much history in both that I dont see why mutants would only be brought up by phase four or five. And we know these two wont give up their current cast members for a clean slate.

F4 could easily be introduced in both but as of the moment the rights are with Fox. So Id rather see a crossover with X-Men.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:38 PM   #358
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
And FC had a nod, Cameo, Easter egg? Or whatever to cyclops and storm through cerebro but we know that wasn't meant to be taken as a sign of anything, same with hank in X2 but everyone probably took that abit more seriously then they should have

Heck singer wrote the line where xavier says he and magneto met at 17 and he admittedly said he wants people to forget it was said, and that's probadly a bigger deal in continuity

Quote:
They would probably suit the MCU better tbh since 4 people with powers won't stand out differently to mutants and once you register they are in same universe you can't really pick and choose in the same way the comics did where you ignore stuff in one comic and register the x-men when you need them in the next, it's what marvel are digging themselves into a corner with when people say well why doesn't iron man just show up and help thor in London?

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Always Manage Expectations.)

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 02-22-2015 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:09 PM   #359
Flint Marko
Bring me Thanos

Quote:
Thing is you deny the possibility of a X-Men/FF crossover but you want to shove them in a bigger film universe that is MCU. Fox aint ditching its cast... so if they ever cross over with Mcu... they have a lot of explaining to do on why mutants are not seen in the previous films and tv shows. With Ff.. its smaller, its easier and they are only in movie #1.

And even if you say Storm has a history with Black Panther, Wolverine and Beast are members of the Avengers in the comics.... the X-Men and MCU world are so separated from each other and so well established that making those things happen is gonna feel forced more than a X-Men/Ff different dimensions cross over. How are you gonna combine Mcu and X-Men? Are you suggesting an alternate dimension like some of us suggested for a X-Men and Ff cross over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Talk to me when you have an idea on how would the FoXmen exist in Mcu without feeling forced.
The X-men have been in seven movies so far with no mention of any other sort of super powered beings, so they'd have a lot of explaining to do on why super powered people are not seen in the previous films
See how easy that could argument could be flipped back on you? You need to understand there is no difference between shoehorning the X-men into the MCU, which I have seen you argue against before, and between them crossing over with the FF.

Old 02-22-2015, 01:39 PM   #360
Flint Marko
Bring me Thanos

To further expound on my previous post, nothing has happened in the MCU that completely negates the possibility of the X-men also existing. Is it far fetched? You could argue that, but there are not any explicit reasons the two franchises could never ever intersect.

"Well where were the X-men when the Avengers fought in New York?"
I don't know, where was Captain America when the president of the united states was kidnapped in Iron Man 3? The MCU is already set up so that each hero pretty much lives in isolation, it's one of those things that you just have to accept, same as the comics.

"Well why haven't they mentioned mutants in the MCU before?"
Why haven't they mentioned Harry Truman? Or Wendys? Or lava lamps? Just because something is not ever pointed out and discussed doesn't mean that it isn't there somewhere off the screen.

"Well in the X-men films-"
Let me stop you right there, it does not matter what has happened in the X-film series because Fox has blatantly contradicted their own continuity too many times to count so one more thing to the list wouldn't matter.

Now, am I arguing for an MCU/X-men cross over? Of course not, but I'm laying out clearly why that makes just as much sense as crossing them over with the FF.
You can talk all day about how "with the right execution" it could be done, but as I've said before, I'm sure that same thing was said when the idea of a Freddy v Jason or Alien v Predator movie was floating around.
It makes no sense whatsoever to see some of you adamantly reject the idea of the X-men or Spider-man crossing over with the MCU, and then talk about how much you'd love to see the FF and the X-men crossover. None whatsoever.

Last edited by Flint Marko; 02-22-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:13 PM   #361
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:

Just like GOTG are second string right? Marvels D listers make more then X-Men, Spider-Man and Cap now with only one flick. Your in some alt reality yourself if you think they won't push those characters.

Last edited by def28; 02-22-2015 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:17 PM   #362
Flint Marko
Bring me Thanos

Quote:
Lol what? If the FF were in the MCU, I can promise you that movie would be bigger than what we are about to get from Trank and friends in every single way. Hype, budget, box office, you name it.
Also as Def just pointed out, Marvel's "second string" is looking pretty good right about now.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:40 PM   #363
sleekstereo
Side-Kick

IGN on the topic: http://youtu.be/OdYrwA2vuLo

Old 02-22-2015, 02:49 PM   #364
Green Goblin
Twip

F*** my thread is still going from 2013

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
2017 Spidey reboot ideas
The following post is my opinion so take it as you will.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:52 PM   #365
Green Goblin
Twip

Of course FOX will cross over both properties.

Makes no sense but it's worth trying.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
2017 Spidey reboot ideas
The following post is my opinion so take it as you will.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:10 PM   #366
Sullstar
Side-Kick

The not always credible Rob Liefeld said at Wizard World Comic Con in Cleveland today

Quote:
"Let me tell you right now that you're gonna see Cable in the next couple of years. He's in the works. I may or may not have glanced at some concept art with different actors as Cable [in 2013] and I was like, 'Hey, that guy looks pretty good!' But I won't say who those [actors] are because I'll get in trouble.

"I've been up to Fox... and they have an X-Force script. I read the X-Force script and it made me come out of my chair with excitement."
He also said and tweeted about how it took 6 years from the Deadpool screenplay to the move being green-lit so be patient. The script was already known but I don't remember ever seeing anything about Cable and concept art based on potential actors. It's not big news but I guess it's enough to say haven't scrapped it altogether yet.

In other news Simon Kinberg is on the Schmoes Know Movie Show next Thursday so I'm sure they will or people will phone in and ask him about plans for the Fox's universe and the new FF movie etc.

Last edited by Sullstar; 02-22-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:21 PM   #367
def28
Side-Kick

Now that's the kinda news I wanna hear! Bring on Cable and X-Force!

He has read the X-Force script and saw the Deadpool footage and described it previously at cons before it leaked. So regarding that stuff I wouldn't say he's completely out of the know.

Last edited by def28; 02-22-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:29 PM   #368
Sullstar
Side-Kick

Yeah not totally but he has been known to run his mouth a bit though, I think he said hasn't read the updated Deadpool script but has also said it has changed so much the old one should be 'thrown out'

Old 02-22-2015, 06:42 PM   #369
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

I suspect we will hear more about X-Force at ComicCon. Whether it is a release date or not remains to be seen.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:50 PM   #370
def28
Side-Kick

Hope so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullstar View Post
Yeah not totally but he has been known to run his mouth a bit though, I think he said hasn't read the updated Deadpool script but has also said it has changed so much the old one should be 'thrown out'
Yeah, he definitely does. I saw him comment on the new script and said everything is pretty much the same except the third act has been modified. So who knows.

Last edited by def28; 02-22-2015 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:01 PM   #371
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Well, it may be that Colossus has been removed from the script, don't you think?

Everyone's been saying Colossus has been recast, but could it be that the character just isn't in the movie any more. It always felt a bit of an odd choice to put Colossus in a Deadpool movie, and it would add to the FX budget.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:04 PM   #372
def28
Side-Kick

Could be, he was in the 2013 script and THR mentioned him as well. So time will tell.

I always thought it would be better to use Domino personally. More connection to Wade, cheaper on the VFX.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:07 PM   #373
Sullstar
Side-Kick

Domino is my number one in characters I want at the moment. If they want a tough guy I always thought it would be better to go with Warpath instead of Colossus although I was looking forward to Colossus. Less visual fx, similar powers to Colossus and can be useful in setting up New Mutants/X-Force but then he was then DOFP instead.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:08 PM   #374
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, I'm dieing to see Neena as well.

One of the Colossus scene's will steal the show though if it's still in. It's pretty hilarious and brutal.

Last edited by def28; 02-22-2015 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:41 PM   #375
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post
The X-men have been in seven movies so far with no mention of any other sort of super powered beings, so they'd have a lot of explaining to do on why super powered people are not seen in the previous films
See how easy that could argument could be flipped back on you? You need to understand there is no difference between shoehorning the X-men into the MCU, which I have seen you argue against before, and between them crossing over with the FF.
Its not like Ff compose of thousands of people. They are only four and Doom gets their powers with them and they are getting their powers in an alternate world. Its not that complicated as to having mutants in Mcu.

And you are not reading my posts clearly I said would be se post Dofpin 2023 and they exist in different dimension. Try reading my posts.

Closed Thread