Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-23-2014, 10:56 PM   #451
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

Default Re: Omar Sy IS Bishop Thread

"X-Cluded: Why Are All of the Minority X-Men Left Out in the Cold?"

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/06/...e-cold-1466503
Quote:
Unfortunately, the scenes that do highlight the new characters tell us next to nothing about who they are. Take Bishop, played by Omar Sy. The actor is a big-deal French movie star, best known for the 2011 international hit The Intouchables, and his role was promoted accordingly. But I had no idea what he was doing in most of his scenes. He seems to move energy around, particularly when people touch his head? It looks cool. Turns out that, according to Marvel canon, Bishop is a time-traveling antihero from the future. In a time-travel geared movie, wouldn’t that be worth mentioning? He probably would have been a helpful guy to have in that room with Wolverine.

SkyIsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:00 PM   #452
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

I know Kinberg said they dont want to do time travel again but I really hope Bishop gets to be in Apoc or another future X-movie. He is such an awesome character and while I liked what we got in DOFP, I hope we get to see more at some point.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-10(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(11)John Wick 2-8(12)Split-8(13)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(14)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(15)Justice League-7(16)Alien Covenant-7(17)Ghost In The Shell-7(18)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(19)The Dark Tower-4(20)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:25 AM   #453
psylockolussus
Fierce User

If they do another film with the OT cast, they could just include him in the X-Men roster and let people assume that he joined the team/met the X-Men earlier in the new timeline.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:49 AM   #454
x-er
Side-Kick

I wouldn't mind seeing Bishop and Blink again in future timeline film, with meatier roles of course.

x-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:35 AM   #455
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I hope there's more Bishop in the extended cut. Future needed a little more going on there, especially Bishop.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:29 AM   #456
psylockolussus
Fierce User

It would be so interesting if they bring back Omar Sy and Fan Bingbing for their respective characters and they have a bigger role, not necessarily as a X-Man but more important compare to their role in DOFP.

I feel like they have an opportunity to make some of the characters that we saw in the OT/future DOFP more interesting by giving them a new history/story in the new timeline.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:42 AM   #457
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I hope there's more Bishop in the extended cut. Future needed a little more going on there, especially Bishop.
I do remember reading somewhere in the original script, Bishop had a bigger role. I guess it didn't take this route though.

Yeah, more power use of Bishop in the extended cut would be awesome.

SkyIsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote