The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

View Poll Results: Which next generation platform will you buy?
Leaning Xbox 4 4.04%
Definitely Xbox 3 3.03%
Leaning Playstation 8 8.08%
Definitely Playstation 78 78.79%
Other (Wii U, PC, handheld, mobile) 2 2.02%
Undecided 4 4.04%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #251
Nathan

Default Re: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO

Oi, oi, oi! The f**k?

Quote:
Best Buy E3 Experience events being ambushed by Microsoft in order to push Xbox One?

Wow, this is some pretty crazy stuff. Microsoft is certainly in damage control mode with Xbox One right now. They're trying to sway people back in their direction. Apparently, one of the ways they're trying to do so is by hitting up Nintendo's Best Buy E3 Experience Event.

Believe it or not, multiple reports are coming in stating that Microsoft employees are hitting up the line and asking people why they would bother with Wii U when Xbox One is right around the corner. As you can see in the image above, there is indeed someone wearing a Microsoft shirt approaching people in line. This is just a bit too much for me!
Source

Old 06-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #252
Spider-Dude23
Go web! Flyy...

Has an official release date been confirmed for the ps4?

Old 06-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #253
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
hehe, I love Lewis Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrainedEyes View Post
This is currently at 18,315 to 1,045.
Link
LOL it's climbed 170 to 7 since you posted this. Unreal.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 06-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #254
Benstamania
Go away.

I knew MS was going to be in a world of hurt....But this much hurt? Ouch.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #255
Nathan

I hope they get hurt bad at launch. I mean really, really bad. Then hopefully they recover like Sony and start to think of the consumer first.

I really hope MS doesn't succeed regardless, because of them.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #256
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Apparently Microsoft thinks consumers are simply uninformed rather than legitimately angry.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #257
Figs
Banned User

I love this damage control. I hope it backfires. If one of those ass hats came up to me in Best Buy, I would have told them that now I'm definitely not getting one because they seemed desperate.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #258
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

I think my real problem with their "we are just moving people into the digital future" is that I don't see what they are doing that can't be done on Sony's console. I can buy day one releases and build a digital collection that follows my account around if I want to (and will with all the free PS+ games), share said content with members of my household, hell the PS3 even (a little sketchy) allowed people to share that content by putting a "parent" account with all the purchases on multiple consoles. The PS4 allows for cloud computing if developers choose to use it, without the requirement to always be online. All without checking in every 24 hours and invalidating disc-based games.

They are not doing a good job of telling me why all the restrictions will make things better or are necessary.

Last edited by StrainedEyes; 06-13-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #259
Nathan

Quote:
They are not doing a good job of telling me why all the restrictions will make things better or are necessary.
Because it's just not possible. None of those restrictions benefit us, the consumer, in any way. I can see why cloud processing could become a necessity. But that would be on a game by game basis. Something like Destiny, which you have to play online anyway, and gives us a giant persistent world, is not an issue here. I'm not going to complain having to log on periodically and to keep my game up to date. But leave my offline games alone. And don't tell me my console won't function, if I don't hook the camera up to it. I don't use Kinect, so I don't need your camera.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #260
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oi, oi, oi! The f**k?

Source
NO surprise.

Beliefs - Christian. Anti-Republican. Anti-Gun. Complete separation of church and state. Freedom of speech. Freedom to practice any religion in public. Less focus on foreign lands and more focus on our own problems.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #261
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Because it's just not possible. None of those restrictions benefit us, the consumer, in any way. I can see why cloud processing could become a necessity. But that would be on a game by game basis. Something like Destiny, which you have to play online anyway, and gives us a giant persistent world, is not an issue here. I'm not going to complain having to log on periodically and to keep my game up to date. But leave my offline games alone. And don't tell me my console won't function, if I don't hook the camera up to it. I don't use Kinect, so I don't need your camera.

I thought Microsofts "vision" has actually blinded to them...they've gotten so big and so out of touch with the gaming community that they've forgotten that no vision is worth anything if it doesn't put the interest of the fans first. And that's what Sony has been doing. Every decision they make has had roots in "Ok, what are the gamers really looking for? What do they want and how can we make that happen while still making a profit?"

Beliefs - Christian. Anti-Republican. Anti-Gun. Complete separation of church and state. Freedom of speech. Freedom to practice any religion in public. Less focus on foreign lands and more focus on our own problems.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #262
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

Both Nintendo and Sony have a bit of "the customer is always right, or at least, mostly right" attitude, while Microsoft's couldn't be further removed from the notion. They're demanding the market move into their now narrowly-defined vision.

I read a good article on Cracked.com this morning about how various companies perceive their audience, and it's pretty true.

Quote:
I don't want to come off like I'm picking on Microsoft here -- they're just in a bad news cycle where everything we hear about the new Xbox is terrible. But they in particular have this very strange picture of what the "average" gamer looks like. Because it's not just somebody who has a dedicated iPad they can use as a second Xbox controller, but a person who also has a huge room dedicated to gaming (the Kinect requires up to 10 feet of open floor space -- even a coffee table will block the signal).

For instance, the interesting-but-impractical IllumiRoom gadget works by rendering the rest of the room useless to non-players. In other words, they seem to be imagining the standard gamer as a young, upper-middle-class guy or girl who has a huge amount of floor space to dedicate to uninterrupted gaming -- a homeowner who either A) lives alone, B) has a spare room to turn into a gaming man cave, or C) imposes his gaming habits on everyone else in the household, their needs be damned.

Maybe I'm the one who's wrong? Because I picture the typical Xbox gamer as a college kid in a cramped dorm, or a teenager sitting on his bed with his Xbox propped up on his dresser, or a young city dweller in a cluttered apartment. To Microsoft, those are fringe cases, like Hammacher Schlemmer being shocked to find that there are people using their "handheld massagers" as vibrators.

Likewise, they seem to be confused by people being up in arms about some games requiring a 1.5 Mbps Internet connection to function in single player. The company line seems to be "We can't imagine that anyone who doesn't have Internet is somehow in the market for an Xbox One." But that's not the point -- the fastest DSL package to my home is 3.0 Mbps, which is more than enough unless someone else in the house is using Netflix, which chokes the connection to near zero. Again, the assumption is that everything in the house is dedicated to gaming, and only gaming.

Those hardcore "man cave" gamers exist, but there's not many of them. For example, there are 75 million Xbox 360s in the world, but only 46 million online accounts, and of those, only about half pay for the extra features of the "gold" account, which lets you do things like play multiplayer. So the "I can't live without all the bells and whistles" guy that Microsoft seems to think is typical appears to be a tiny group -- like 25 percent of current 360 owners, by my count.
The article (I won't link 'cause it's filled with some expletives) also goes on about how they think their audience is just made of buckets of money and is eager to turn it over to them.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #263
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Well I would imagine that Microsoft believes that the future is headed in one direction, and its weird because it seems like they're trying to push people there. Its like instead of adapting to change when it happens, like Nintendo and Sony have done for the most part, they seem to want to be prepared for it and guide others there instead of letting it happen naturally, if at all.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #264
X Knight
Watchful Protector

and the thing is, MS is probably right, the future is digital.

no more physical game discs/media. everything downloaded digitally. the end of brick and mortar game stores. the end of used games and trade ins.

maybe that will be the landscape for X2 and PS5 in another 5, 6, 7 years or whatever.

but right now, if you are still selling games on a physical media ( and thus factoring the cost of that media into the game ), I think most gamers still want to feel like they are owning that product.

Didn't a Sony exec, back when PS3 was released say something like "We decide the future of gaming"?

that's kind of what MS is doing. they're trying to dictate to us what the future of gaming is and forcing us to conform to that. If we don't like, tough luck. stick with the 360 or Deal With It!!!

Old 06-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #265
Nathan

They need to guide us into the Future, without us even realizing it. Not drag us there, kicking and screaming, with a chain around our neck.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #266
nogap87
Side-Kick

Finally sat down yesterday and read all the differences between PS4 and XB1. Thanks to all the comments on here and Gamesradar looks like I will be going back to Sony this generation.

It would have been a harder decision if MS weren't being such asses about the controversy.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #267
X Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
They need to guide us into the Future, without us even realizing it. Not drag us there, kicking and screaming, with a chain around our neck.
Deal with It!!!

in fact, if Kinect ever had a voice and responded to your commands, Deal with It should be it's favorite response.

You: "XBOX On!!"

Kinect: "No."

You: "But I want to play Halo 5 while watching Wheel of Fortune and skyping with my Grandma!!"

Kinect: "Deal with it! I'm on all the time and I'm tired."

You: Waves cash in front of Kinect

Kinect: "I'm listening.......go on. wave some more."

Old 06-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #268
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Exactly. They need to be like Nazi Germany. Slowly erode our liberties. Not all in one fell swoop. Take it one console at a time.

By the time people figure out what's happened (circa PS6 / Xbone Three) it needs to be too late.

For evil multinational corporations, these companies sure are clueless.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #269
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogap87 View Post
Finally sat down yesterday and read all the differences between PS4 and XB1. Thanks to all the comments on here and Gamesradar looks like I will be going back to Sony this generation.

It would have been a harder decision if MS weren't being such asses about the controversy.
I would have actually had to put some thought into it, at least. As it turned out there was no question at all.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #270
nogap87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I would have actually had to put some thought into it, at least. As it turned out there was no question at all.
The only thing that will bug me is knowing XB1 will probably have the better controller. Gonna miss that thing.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #271
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Quote:
The only thing that will bug me is knowing XB1 will probably have the better controller. Gonna miss that thing.
Eh, I know this is personal preference, but I like the dual-shock over the Xbox controller. And there are plenty of third party controllers in the style of the Xbox one.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #272
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
All accounts of the new PS4 controller are that they fixed every problem the PS3 controller had. The triggers are similar to the 360, the analog sticks are concave now, the overall build and weight is much more solid. All the hands on reports have been that it is a great controller.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #273
nogap87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
Eh, I know this is personal preference, but I like the dual-shock over the Xbox controller. And there are plenty of third party controllers in the style of the Xbox one.
I haven't used a third party controller since PS2's heyday. They were sorta "iffy" but I guess they make them much better these days. I'll be satisfied as long as my hands don't cramp up after playing battlefield for a couple of hours.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #274
nogap87
Side-Kick

Quote:
All accounts of the new PS4 controller are that they fixed every problem the PS3 controller had. The triggers are similar to the 360, the analog sticks are concave now, the overall build and weight is much more solid. All the hands on reports have been that it is a great controller.
And with that, I'm good to go.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #275
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
And with that, I'm good to go.
Here's a good article for the two controllers: link.

Closed Thread