The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2008, 01:09 AM   #1
XSpidercideX
Side-Kick

Default So Spider-man's webbing DID kill Gwen

Hello all, I remember some time ago there was some speculation about what actually killed originally Gwen in the comics...if she was already dead or the webbing snapped her neck. Well, I just read the letter comments in the "Spiders Web" of Amazing issue 125 and the writers explain that it was, in fact, Peter's webbing that killed her.

Here is what they say, and I quote:

For many who wrote and complained that the fall alone could not have killed Gwen if she were unconscious.... it saddens us to have to say that the whiplash effect she underwent when Spidey's webbing stopped her so suddenly was, in fact, what killed her. In short, it was impossible for Peter to save her. He couldn't have swung down in time; the action he did take resulted in her death; if he had done nothing, she still would have certainly perished. There was no way out.

They explain that there was no way out, so in the end, it was the Goblin who really killed her, since there was nothing Peter could do to stop her from dying. I'm sorry if this is obvious but I remember reading at these forums or some other forums about people arguing over it some time ago.

XSpidercideX is offline   Reply With Quote