The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: Civil War

Old 04-30-2016, 06:44 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Sharon carter A.K.A. Agent 13 - Part 2

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:44 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Sharon carter A.K.A. Agent 13 - Part 1

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:44 AM   #3
noakai
Side-Kick

Default Re: Sharon carter A.K.A. Agent 13 - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
He doesn't support the romance now, but see that gif of EVC/Evans back in 2013 he looked comfortable and friendly around her and I'm sure he was already aware and informed of what's going to happened with their characters. If he was against Staron then, why didn't he show his disapproval like now? Fast forward to this press tour, what happened since then? Maybe coz Evans is now good friends with EVC's ex Pratt and wife, maybe he noticed all the anti-Staron/Sharon icky tweets crazy shippers kept tweeting him that got to him, and/or maybe his and EVC's personalities just didn't mesh..
He might have liked the idea or if it but lost interest in it as the movies went along, or maybe he didn't like the actual execution of it. If anything influenced him I think it's more likely to be that he got closer to Hayley (they hung out a lot while she filmed AC) and he filmed with her as Peggy again. Plus he's been friends with ScarJo since they were young, and he's talked about Steve/Nat before I think. He seemed pleased that Steve was kissing someone at least, and I don't get the feeling that he actively despises it or anything but there's definitely disinterest in the pairing and EVC from him imo.

EVC has done TV before and that's really the only place Sharon is going to get a lot of development going forward so I think it could work too, but putting her on there might detract from whatever they've going on, and maybe EVC doesn't want to sign on for that show anyway. But that would really be the ideal place for her to get some good development, and TV shows can give characters many hours of development vs a couple of hours and that's it until the sequel.

noakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:50 AM   #4
tomatoes
Side-Kick

Default Re: Sharon carter A.K.A. Agent 13 - Part 3

Quote:
No, I'm reading into his answer about his preferred love interest for Cap, his refusal to answer a question about Steve/Sharon, and his interjected icky comments. Telling from these I just get the vibe that he doesn't support Sharon/Staron. I'm disappointed coz now that's the Russos and Evans not supporting Sharon/Staron and I really want to see her developed more in IW.
at the end of the movie ,it looks like caps getting the other avengers out of the prison , i hope they make sharon help him with that

Time is nearing for marvel to have a shift for more important characters imo, so IW may be the exit for IM, Cap or other major players we have seen for now so IW may be the last shot of Sharons development, hope not

The russos really care about bw, i think she was the most fleshed out during CW ,among wanda and sharon.

Im a do it well or dont even bother person so i kind of hoped they just slashed sharon in the mcu because she was really treated bad for a cap movie twice. The dynamic bet bw and cap was really good and it would be logical to pair them (even before aou happened) as long as they didnt introduce agent 13 ,but introducing her means shes end game so they should have focused on her more ..... Idk marvel just sucked with her hahaha i just hope its not yet too late

tomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:54 AM   #5
tomatoes
Side-Kick

I wont blame ems if she wont sign for more assuming her contract is at its end, marvel hasnt been exactly good with her role and they seem confused on what to really do with sharon carter so exit alongside cevans cap's exit is possible

But i hope when they pass the torch to sam (hoping they do anyway) ,sharon is still there,, thats so much better imo

Old 04-30-2016, 06:59 AM   #6
Ms. Marvel
Screwed up Avenger

I liked her in the film. She was cool.

Old 04-30-2016, 07:25 AM   #7
ScarlettW
Side-Kick

To Voltron:

Chris Evans e Chris Pratt are friends for years, it didn't start now. .
Why would he care about things that happened in the past between Pratt and EVC? Pratt is a married man, I don't think he will talk about his ex with Chris, unless she has a terrible personality. Still, this has nothing with his opinion about Sharon and Steve.
I don't understand these theories, trying to find something about it. He just doesn't seem happy with the relationship.
I can understand why he is not happy. Their relationship was poorly written. They had the opportunity to build something without being related to him being interested in her after he knows she's Peggy's niece. They failed with it.

ScarlettW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:38 AM   #8
noakai
Side-Kick

^^Yeah, I think the simplest explanation is just that he's not very happy with the execution. At this point I honestly wish they'd just made her not related to Peggy. They could have kept the funeral scene (and have her NOT there, just to avoid any association with Peggy at all), and then had her do the rest of the things she does in the film because she was there during him taking down SHIELD (and we saw how badass she was) and she wants to help him find his friend because she really believes in him. And he could have been impressed that she's got the balls to go against very powerful people just to help him. There would have been clear follow through from TWS without anything that can be called icky. Problem solved, and she doesn't really lose anything imo.

Last edited by noakai; 04-30-2016 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:02 AM   #9
MarvelMayhem
Side-Kick

Have not seen CW but in WS I felt there was very little chemistry on screen between Cap EVC, imo. Personally the MCU takes things from comics and creates new storylines and relationships, they are not sold on cannon. I kind of feel like the Russo bothers really were thinking on a possible BW and Cap relationship the way it was written in WS. Scarlett and Evans have great on screen chemistry. I would loved to have seen a BW Cap relationship with the introduction of Bucky down the line with his history already entangled with BW's history like the comics. Talk about a juicy love triangle. I don't think any of that will pan out, pretty sure Sharon is Cap's end game in the MCU but not sure how authentic it will feel with the lack of character development.

MarvelMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:37 AM   #10
ScarlettW
Side-Kick

^^ IMO They have no chemistry. They try, but I didn't feel it.

Interestingly, when you compare his relationship with Sharon and Wanda and Vision. The Russos did a great job with Wanda and Vision in CW. It didn't feel rushed, the scenes of them were beautiful. Lizzie has chemistry with Paul Bettany. I'm not a fan of Wanda and Vision together, but it was good in the film. People in my theater were all awwww
This is proof that they know how to build a good relationship.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:51 AM   #11
MarvelMayhem
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettW View Post

Interestingly, when you compare his relationship with Sharon and Wanda and Vision. The Russos did a great job with Wanda and Vision in CW. It didn't feel rushed, the scenes of them were beautiful. Lizzie has chemistry with Paul Bettany. I'm not a fan of Wanda and Vision together, but it was good in the film. People in my theater were all awwww
Look forward to seeing it like you I am not huge Wanda/VIsion fan either but if handled well that good. the only real ship i guess I like is Nat and Bucky, their back story is too deliciously tragic. But not sure, if the sharon steve kiss comes off mixed then the studio might put the kibosh on it. maybe? i guess it will be how fans react.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:53 AM   #12
tomatoes
Side-Kick

Quote:

I think they had the right chemistry during WS moreso if she was the one who helped steve not widow,. They both did not know each other but as they worked they got close then trusted each other,, it fits the actors so it wouldve been natural given that scenario where they do not know who to trust and what not (solidifying the chemistry would follow) ,, they failed with that,,they had the right amount of chemistry needed to build upon during WS but they went with the one that would sell more at the expense of neglecting SC

And yes wanda and vision are a proof that they can build a good relationship but staron is also a proof that they cannot build the best when it comes to them because they missed the train

I thought they were ok, but it still feels like its bordering on attraction

Old 04-30-2016, 09:01 AM   #13
MarvelMayhem
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoes View Post
I think they had the right chemistry during WS moreso if she was the one who helped steve not widow,. They both did not know each other but as they worked they got close then trusted each other,, it fits the actors so it wouldve been natural given that scenario where they do not know who to trust and what not (solidifying the chemistry would follow) ,, they failed with that,,they had the right amount of chemistry needed to build upon during WS but they went with the one that would sell more at the expense of neglecting SC

And yes wanda and vision are a proof that they can build a good relationship but staron is also a proof that they cannot build the best when it comes to them because they missed the train

I thought they were ok, but it still feels like its bordering on attraction
I am not sure i understand the argument and i have seen it repeatedly, not just from you that Sharons' part was given to BW in WS. Essentially its the MCU no part belongs to anyone, they don't follow canon. Russo's liked BW and Cap together in that situation and i think from what the Russo's have said they like their relationship as a sibling situation rather than romantic. I honestly don't think I wold have liked to have seen EVC with that much screen time. Scarlett is a decent enough actress that I thought her role came across sympathetic yet a bit disturbing with her with background. EVC I don't think has the acting chops to handle that much screen time. Maybe I will be impressed with her in CW but in WS she came off as "stiff" and not very likable.

Old 04-30-2016, 09:49 AM   #14
tomatoes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelMayhem View Post
I am not sure i understand the argument and i have seen it repeatedly, not just from you that Sharons' part was given to BW in WS. Essentially its the MCU no part belongs to anyone, they don't follow canon. Russo's liked BW and Cap together in that situation and i think from what the Russo's have said they like their relationship as a sibling situation rather than romantic. I honestly don't think I wold have liked to have seen EVC with that much screen time. Scarlett is a decent enough actress that I thought her role came across sympathetic yet a bit disturbing with her with background. EVC I don't think has the acting chops to handle that much screen time. Maybe I will be impressed with her in CW but in WS she came off as "stiff" and not very likable.
Because there was a time i think when writers said sharon carters role was meaty or something? And that bw was supposed to only have a cameo and russo bros pushed for a greater role?

I wont deny cevans and scarjo's chemistry, they looked really good together thats why at some point i had hoped that they just did not introduce sharon carter at all because its gonna be hard to top that (and with peggy too)

And i think thats what 3 minutes of screen time would do to you, not really much to make you love a character

I think alongside villains marvel also sucks with the romance

Old 04-30-2016, 09:54 AM   #15
ScarlettW
Side-Kick

Quote:
It would have been another actress with a bigger name like Emily Blunt. Emily Blunt would have been a great Sharon Carter.

I love EB. I want her at the MCU.

Old 04-30-2016, 10:04 AM   #16
Raiden
Wakanda Forever

Quote:
It would have been another actress with a bigger name like Emily Blunt. Emily Blunt would have been a great Sharon Carter.

I like Emily Blunt too, but she turned down BW and I'm not sure if she would've wanted to be in the MCU.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:57 AM   #17
Mike5575
I'm the Captain now!

Quote:

Hey, look! It's Captain Marvel, Thor, and Captain America!

Old 04-30-2016, 02:02 PM   #18
Voltron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I think it's not working as well between Steve/Sharon because the Russo Bros. failed to establish Sharon up sufficiently in TWS before they tried to create a relationship, and that hurt the chemistry between them. They also should have Sharon at least appear briefly in AOU, instead of having her only appear in Cap movies. Given all the promos Sharon is in, I think they had a plan but failed to execute it correctly.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

You don't put her in so many promos and then do so little on the big screen.
I agree, but are Staron in a relationship? What they had felt so casual. Even that kiss felt nice but casual.

I agree that people liked Steve/Peggy, Steve/BW, and Steve/Bucky pairings because these characters were given plenty of development screen time, and heaps of build up with Steve where time was spent. Steve/BW are more bros though.

Quote:
I thought that may have been one of the reasons too but I saw her in CW and I thought she did well especially her monologue. Like you said you haven't seen CW and you're going on just her 3 minutes of glorified cameo in TWS. For comparisons sake I though EVC did better than Colbie as Hill in The Avengers.

Last edited by Voltron; 04-30-2016 at 02:12 PM.
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 02:20 PM   #19
noakai
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree, but are Staron in a relationship? What they had felt so casual. Even that kiss felt nice but casual.

I agree that people liked Steve/Peggy, Steve/BW, and Steve/Bucky pairings because these characters were given plenty of development screen time, and heaps of build up with Steve where time was spent. Steve/BW are more bros though.

I thought that may have been one of the reasons too but I saw her in CW and I thought she did well especially her monologue. Like you said you haven't seen CW and you're going on just her 3 minutes of glorified cameo in TWS. For comparisons sake I though EVC did better than Colbie as Hill in The Avengers.
I mean they haven't even really been on a proper date yet right? And that was their first kiss? Whatever their intentions were I don't think it had a chance to develop into anything serious yet anyway. Maybe Evans was playing it as a goodbye kiss, since he was going into a fight where he'd either win and be a fugitive or lose and be in jail or dead. Not much room for romance when you're possibly on the run.

I suppose she could join him in Wakanda. But again, who knows if they're gonna write it that way.

Old 04-30-2016, 02:32 PM   #20
MarvelMayhem
Side-Kick

Quote:

I agree have not seen CW so my opinion could change regarding EVC.

I tend to not believe much in the way that Evans might not like her, think he is a professional and would not outright be unprofessional towards her. He may not like the relationship though and my thought is most people won't that are not die hard Staron fans. I think people just LOVED Peggy so much and Sharon they feel is a cheap rip off in their perspectives. my thought and maybe how Evans kind of felt if we are going to buy him involved with someone else lets make it someone who is very opposite of Peggy. Nat comes from such a dark background and pretty much before meeting Cap was a bit of a survivalist and not invested in the bigger scheme of things. I think her friendship with Cap made her open to the idea of changing herself and doing things because it is the right thing to do. Being a hero essentially. I think thats were Evans thought it would be a better dynamic. I think the fate of Sharon is really not in the hands of the Russo brothers or Chris Evans but in the reception of the audience. If the audience really enjoys their interaction in CW then I would imagine in IW we will see Sharon again. jmo

Old 04-30-2016, 08:58 AM   #21
Raiden
Wakanda Forever

Quote:

I think it's not working as well between Steve/Sharon because the Russo Bros. failed to establish Sharon up sufficiently in TWS before they tried to create a relationship, and that hurt the chemistry between them. They also should have Sharon at least appear briefly in AOU, instead of having her only appear in Cap movies. Given all the promos Sharon is in, I think they had a plan but failed to execute it correctly.

You don't put her in so many promos and then do so little on the big screen.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha

Last edited by Raiden; 04-30-2016 at 09:06 AM.
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 10:34 AM   #22
universeman
Side-Kick

Quote:

And tear it down in the next movie I mean The Mad Titan is coming after all.

Old 04-30-2016, 01:48 PM   #23
Voltron
Side-Kick

Quote:

Hence the MAYBE when I suggested Pratt.

Okay, I think chemistry is subjective because I thought Evans/EVC had it. I liked the scene in the hotel lobby. One of the reasons I felt people liked Wanda/Vision is because before that cooking scene Vision walked into Wanda's room through a wall and Wanda said something like Vision I told to knock first remember which suggest she's teaching him human customs and they've spent time prior together. Another is that nice long friendly cooking scene in a domestic situation of them getting to know each other which was more than 1 minute for a nice build up. Steve/Sharon scenes were only 30 secs here 30 secs there i.e. not enough time and rushed. They should've kept this scene for development and build up where it's just Staron getting to talk in a strictly friendly way where we get to know more about Sharon with a joke or two with no lovey dovey eyes for at least 2.5 mins.

Last edited by flickchick85; 05-03-2016 at 01:26 AM. Reason: spoilers
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:01 AM   #24
Ctfxcwatcher
Side-Kick

I to think Chris and Emily don't have strong chemistry. The type of chemistry you want to sell to the audience so they can buy your relationship. Also factoring in that the time to develop this relationship was poor. One of the many positive things people praised about TWS was the Widow and Cap dynamic. Chris and Scarlett have great chemistry. They had proper development. That's why sooo many jumped on the "Romanogers" train. Everytime they were in press conferences reporters would ask about Romanogers.

I love the MCU but I feel like their romances so far are hit and misses.

Ctfxcwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:50 AM   #25
MarvelMayhem
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctfxcwatcher View Post
I to think Chris and Emily don't have strong chemistry. The type of chemistry you want to sell to the audience so they can buy your relationship. Also factoring in that the time to develop this relationship was poor. One of the many positive things people praised about TWS was the Widow and Cap dynamic. Chris and Scarlett have great chemistry. They had proper development. That's why sooo many jumped on the "Romanogers" train. Everytime they were in press conferences reporters would ask about Romanogers.

I love the MCU but I feel like their romances so far are hit and misses.
I agree, MCU has ngreat with continuations in various storylines but relationship wise it seems conflictual between directors. Like everyone had their favorites and nothing was maintained throughout the realm. lol