The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: Civil War

Old 05-06-2016, 04:30 PM   #101
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Default Re: Sharon carter A.K.A. Agent 13 - Part 3

I loved Sharon in CW and hopefully she gets an actual role in a future movie. I need to see more of her.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:11 PM   #102
Raiden
Wakanda Forever

I'm disappointed that Sharon didn't have a lot of minutes in CW, but she made great use of every minute that she had. I think Steve genuinely wanted to have a relationship with her, and I hope it will continue in the next movie they have together.

Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:06 PM   #103
Heretic
Side-Kick

I like her and all...but didn't like a few of the plot points involving her.

Maybe with Agent Carter not coming back to ABC we can get a Sharon Carter tv show. Otherwise, I don't see much for her to do until after Infinity War.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:45 PM   #104
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoes View Post
the one with ScarJo? it appeared in the movie and it was even released alongside promotional clips, and it's just really short like 5 seconds
which scene was that. I would think I wouldve remembered it

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:30 PM   #105
tomatoes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
which scene was that. I would think I wouldve remembered it
The one against bucky, it was a fight with scarjo, not against her

tomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:30 AM   #106
Voltron
Side-Kick

Staron's kiss scene reminded me of Steggy's kiss scene where a comic relief immediately follows after their kisses. Sam/Bucky's reactions and Tommy Lee Jones' I'm not kissing you.

Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:30 AM   #107
Raiden
Wakanda Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Staron's kiss scene reminded me of Steggy's kiss scene where a comic relief immediately follows after their kisses. Sam/Bucky's reactions and Tommy Lee Jones' I'm not kissing you.
I love how Bucky and Sam basically gave Steve a thumbs up after he kissed Sharon.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:33 AM   #108
Knight_SV
Side-Kick

Everyone who seen CW has the same impression like i had on Sharon. Simply we need more of her.
I think sharon was also on the run too, ross might find out she's the one who gave back teamcaps battle gear

Last edited by Knight_SV; 05-07-2016 at 04:57 AM.
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 05:52 AM   #109
Poppy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
Everyone who seen CW has the same impression like i had on Sharon. Simply we need more of her.
I think sharon was also on the run too, ross might find out she's the one who gave back teamcaps battle gear
Yes it would make sense. Steve is on the run with the secret avengers, now Sharon has to join him. Just like in the comics

Anyway I'm loving the positive feeback Sharon's getting. Most people want more of her and I'm 100% here for that.

Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:33 AM   #110
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

There isn't much of a positive reaction. The overall reaction seem to be tepid acceptance.

Which is what happens when the movie is full of superheroes and a character has the least screentime of all, except for Ross and Aunt May.

I'm pretty sure we've seen the last of Sharon.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:08 AM   #111
tomatoes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
There isn't much of a positive reaction. The overall reaction seem to be tepid acceptance.

Which is what happens when the movie is full of superheroes and a character has the least screentime of all, except for Ross and Aunt May.

Most negative reactions ive seen are from prejudiced shippers/haters ,given the saturated cast from civil war it is impressive that she was still able to make an impression (at least for me)

If theyre going the route of secret avengers it is really inconsistent not to include her but i kinda agree with u that it may be her last because at this point i dont really trust the russo bros when it comes to her

Old 05-07-2016, 07:15 AM   #112
Poppy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Most negative reactions ive seen are from prejudiced shippers/haters ,given the saturated cast from civil war it is impressive that she was still able to make an impression (at least for me)

If theyre going the route of secret avengers it is really inconsistent not to include her but i kinda agree with u that it may be her last because at this point i dont really trust the russo bros when it comes to her
Exactly.

People who 'hated her' were shippers so I don't pay attention to their opinion at all.

I know that some people feel like the romance was too fast and I get that but people are open to see more of it.

Emily said multiple times that she loved Sharon and wants to do more so I don't see why we wouldn't have more of her.

I'm just trying stay positive guys

Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:18 AM   #113
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Emily said multiple times that she loved Sharon and wants to do more so I don't see why we wouldn't have more of her.
Because Marvel doesn't care about her.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:27 AM   #114
tomatoes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Exactly.

People who 'hated her' were shippers so I don't pay attention to their opinion at all.

I know that some people feel like the romance was too fast and I get that but people are open to see more of it.

I'm just trying stay positive guys
Removing tthe romance aspect (i personally thought its inclusion (kiss specifically )should have been delayed or probably saved for a later movie to assure myself thats shes gonna appear more ) she was still pretty badass so i hope to see more of that, ems is really dedicated on playing her and it would be waste not to see it materialize

Anyway i read IW starts filming on Nov? So we'll know soon of her possible involvement

Old 05-07-2016, 07:36 AM   #115
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
The one against bucky, it was a fight with scarjo, not against her
Oh...well then I heard the interview wrong. Yeah I obviously remember that
Quote:

I dont think we've seen the last of her

Old 05-07-2016, 07:53 AM   #116
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
I dont think we've seen the last of her
There's nowhere for her to appear aside from a Captain America movie. The two Captain America movies she's in have demonstrated the Russo's level interest in using her, and I can't imagine that will change for IW.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:54 AM   #117
Ksb36
Side-Kick

Well, I finally saw CW last night.

It gives me absolutely no pleasure to say that the character of Sharon Carter was poorly conceived, poorly cast and badly shoehorned into an already crowded film. Poor EVC looked terrible, frankly, with lank, stringy hair--whoever styled this character should be fired. The cinematography was terribly unflattering to her, the love story completely out of left field and unbelievable.

Why didn't someone take the time to fully realized this character? Why wasn't the casting more fully committed to? Why this actress? Why not make her look good, or give her something meaningful to do?

I am shaking my head. Maybe the Russos biggest failure is Sharon Carter.

Ksb36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:59 AM   #118
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
There's nowhere for her to appear aside from a Captain America movie. The two Captain America movies she's in have demonstrated the Russo's level interest in using her, and I can't imagine that will change for IW.
She can be in IW. Not as a main character but it is possible that she could appear in there.

Old 05-07-2016, 08:15 AM   #119
tomatoes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksb36 View Post

It gives me absolutely no pleasure to say that the character of Sharon Carter was poorly conceived, poorly cast and badly shoehorned into an already crowded film. Poor EVC looked terrible, frankly, with lank, stringy hair--whoever styled this character should be fired. The cinematography was terribly unflattering to her, the love story completely out of left field and unbelievable.

Why didn't someone take the time to fully realized this character? Why wasn't the casting more fully committed to? Why this actress? Why not make her look good, or give her something meaningful to do?

Quite ironic that the russos biggest failure is Sharon Carter on both Captain America films they have directed

Old 05-07-2016, 08:34 AM   #120
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
She can be in IW. Not as a main character but it is possible that she could appear in there.
Fair enough. Maybe she'll be in it, but it's not going to be an improvement. Sharon's role in CW is as big as it is going to get.

Old 05-07-2016, 08:59 AM   #121
Knight_SV
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksb36 View Post

i don't know much about TWS casting back then, but did EVC was casted as Sharon before Russos stepped in?
i agree with ur opinion, Russos failed to utilizes her from TWS till now, altough she was outstanding in CW in the little screentime she's got.We knew already Russos didn't favor EVC and Sharon's character, because they aren't aware or wasn't of cap's lore like M/M was and even choose BW who isn't a Cap supporting character to be the heroine of the movie.
if they don't liked EVC why don't they cast Hayley Atwell instead as Sharon?? Peggy and Sharon look identical in the comic and i can see Atwell will look stunning in different hairstyle and blonde hair color if she was casted as Sharon

Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:12 AM   #122
ScarlettW
Side-Kick

I think the Russos had bigger plans for her in Cap 3, how they showed at the end of WS with her at the CIA, but it turned into CW, then her role has reduced to a love interest.

Quote:
Peggy and Sharon look identical in the comic and i can see Atwell will look stunning in different hairstyle and blonde hair color if she was casted as Sharon
It would be worse. This would confirm that he is with her just because she's look like Peggy.

ScarlettW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:03 AM   #123
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Even if Cap3 was to be just about Cap, I have a feeling that while M&M might have wanted to have more Sharon, the Russos would treat it as a last resort.

Hell, even though the movie became Civil War, it wasn't impossible to give her more to do.

The Russos just happen to be really into the Avengers and don't care how Sharon or her relationship with Steve comes across so long as they get to play with Spider-Man.

Old 05-07-2016, 11:25 AM   #124
tomatoes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Even if Cap3 was to be just about Cap, I have a feeling that while M&M might have wanted to have more Sharon, the Russos would treat it as a last resort.

Hell, even though the movie became Civil War, it wasn't impossible to give her more to do.

The Russos just happen to be really into the Avengers and don't care how Sharon or her relationship with Steve comes across so long as they get to play with Spider-Man.
Although spidey gave laughs i didnt think he was really needed in the movie,, ive seen people say sharon cant be on tthe airport fight because she doesnt have any personal relationship with any of team iron man to fight against them but neither did antman and spiderman

Old 05-07-2016, 12:02 PM   #125
ScarlettW
Side-Kick

Quote:
Although spidey gave laughs i didnt think he was really needed in the movie,, ive seen people say sharon cant be on tthe airport fight because she doesnt have any personal relationship with any of team iron man to fight against them but neither did antman and spiderman
If you cut the spider man, it's still the same movie, but I will not blame Russos, blame Marvel that decided to CW instead of a Cap film.
Maybe one day we will know how it would have been this film they were working.

ScarlettW is offline   Reply With Quote