Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #951
Krak66
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
Then again, maybe someone is just messing with us all and are going to tell us rogue is apocalypse! Shock Horror! hahaha
Remember X-men: Evolution. Rogue had major role in rise of Apocalypse.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:25 AM   #952
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

I'm tired of Storm holding back, I want her to go all out and fry all the Sentinels. Singer, its called CGI or a stunt double. Make her summon hell in the sky.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #953
Angamb
Banned User

Storm is not Wolverine, so dont expect her to shine in the biggest way possible.

Those moments are for Wolverine, Magneto and Mystique.

The sooner you accept it, the better.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #954
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Storm is not Wolverine, so dont expect her to shine in the biggest way possible.

Those moments are for Wolverine, Magneto and Mystique.

The sooner you accept it, the better.
Ugh its sad, but your right. That's why I kind of what a reboot. Characters like Mystique and Wolverine shine much more then Rogue, Iceman, Storm, Collossus, Bishop all combined. I think the first two xmen movies handled them right. But X3 pushed Logan down our throat and First Class is all about Professor X, Magneto and Mystique.

This movie is probably about Magneto, Xavier, Mystique. And Wolverine.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #955
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStorm98 View Post
Ugh its sad, but your right. That's why I kind of what a reboot. Characters like Mystique and Wolverine shine much more then Rogue, Iceman, Storm, Collossus, Bishop all combined. I think the first two xmen movies handled them right. But X3 pushed Logan down our throat and First Class is all about Professor X, Magneto and Mystique.

Why would that not be the case? Did people expect something different about a movie we all knew was set 50 years ago?

Old 12-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #956
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

We don't even know exactly what Rogue's role was in the film - for all we know, she could have had a kick-ass action scene after absorbing the powers of Magneto and Warpath when they died. So the idea that Singer is trying to cover stuff up is ridiculous, because we don't know what there is to cover up at this stage.

It's a shame she got cut, but her role doesn't sound very 'exciting' for the fans anyway - she had a grey suit on, was hanging her head like she was depressed and was a damsel in distress who had to be rescued. Turning the mansion into a mutant internment camp was a great idea, though - and it's a shame that will be cut out. I can't see how they can include it if the Rogue scenes are chopped.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #957
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Why would that not be the case? Did people expect something different about a movie we all knew was set 50 years ago?
I understand, but they could gave Banshee/Havok more spotlight. And now, DOFP has the same thing except with more Wolverine. I hope Kittty gets a good amount of screentime, this is after all, her comic book in a way. She was the main character

Old 12-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #958
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
We don't even know exactly what Rogue's role was in the film - for all we know, she could have had a kick-ass action scene after absorbing the powers of Magneto and Warpath when they died. So the idea that Singer is trying to cover stuff up is ridiculous, because we don't know what there is to cover up at this stage.

It's a shame she got cut, but her role doesn't sound very 'exciting' for the fans anyway - she had a grey suit on, was hanging her head like she was depressed and was a damsel in distress who had to be rescued. Turning the mansion into a mutant internment camp was a great idea, though - and it's a shame that will be cut out. I can't see how they can include it if the Rogue scenes are chopped.
Well, we know enough. Unless you don't think the sources know what they are talking about.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #959
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Yes, I think they expected a reboot and a fresh start where the young versions of Jean, Scott and Storm were introduced (despite any contradictions to continuity and perhaps alongside Havok, Banshee and Beast).

Although I loved First Class, that would probably have been the ideal way to go, in hindsight. It would not have allowed DoFP though if it had been a reboot, so First Class served a purpose in the end.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #960
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
I understand, but they could gave Banshee/Havok more spotlight. And now, DOFP has the same thing except with more Wolverine. I hope Kittty gets a good amount of screentime, this is after all, her comic book in a way. She was the main character
More spotlight? Possibly. But it was always going to be Charles and Erik's film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Yes, I think they expected a reboot and a fresh start where the young versions of Jean, Scott and Storm were introduced (despite any contradictions to continuity and perhaps alongside Havok, Banshee and Beast).

Although I loved First Class, that would probably have been the ideal way to go, in hindsight. It would not have allowed DoFP though if it had been a reboot, so First Class served a purpose in the end.
Ok considering who they cast, that makes little sense to expect.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #961
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

the whole idea could have been kitty gets hurt and can't bring logan back so they have to get rogue to absorb her powers and bring logan back, in the end they may just give that to kitty rather then bring rogue in to do it, would mean they can cut down some scenes for time (probably wasn't an easy decision if so)

but at the same time maybe she was cut because of idea changes for X-men apocalypse, they did film with the OT first so any changes later would be tough to repair

they could do reshoots for her so she has a different role though, even though can't just reshoot all the future stuff so it would likely be some scenes if that happened

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Always Manage Expectations.)
Old 12-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #962
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

I just want the movies to focus purely on xmen and to develop them. Collossus and the new mutants hopefully get development but I don't know. Collossus been in X2, X3 and now DOFP, he gets no development. While we know every single thing about Wolverine!

Old 12-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #963
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
I just want the movies to focus purely on xmen and to develop them. Collossus and the new mutants hopefully get development but I don't know. Collossus been in X2, X3 and now DOFP, he gets no development. While we know every single thing about Wolverine!
They don't focus on X-Men?

Old 12-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #964
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

the guy playing collossus is more of stand around say nothing actor, not really a character actor, probably why he had very little to say in X3

he will probably get a few lines but overall he won't be sitting down having an emotion talk with anyone while talking about his life

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Always Manage Expectations.)
Old 12-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #965
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Well, we know enough. Unless you don't think the sources know what they are talking about.
We don't know everything, though. We have unverified and unofficial pieces of 'information' about the movie from Vulture and a couple of other sites, with film sites all now clambering over each other to be the next to claim some exclusive information. I believe - and seriously hope - that there are lots of things we do not yet know about the movie.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #966
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
the guy playing collossus is more of stand around say nothing actor, not really a character actor, probably why he had very little to say in X3

he will probably get a few lines but overall he won't be sitting down having an emotion talk with anyone while talking about his life
Yeah but it would be respectful to the character and his fans.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #967
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:

To be fair, X3 was really Wolverine and Storm's film: they led the charge and Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry had top billing. Storm actually had several large scale power displays and kicked a lot of ass in hand-to-hand combat. So while it's true that Logan was shoved down our throats it's not like Storm wasn't the second most visible character in the film.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #968
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
To be fair, X3 was really Wolverine and Storm's film: they led the charge and Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry had top billing. Storm actually had several large scale power displays and kicked a lot of ass in hand-to-hand combat. So while it's true that Logan was shoved down our throats it's not like Storm wasn't the second most visible character in the film.
Yeah it kind of chamged in X3, hope she still is badass. It would be weird if she was like X1, quiet and calm nonbadass lol

Old 12-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #969
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Just one more reason why it is horrible. Storm the lead character.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #970
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
It was far from her fault LOL
It was all the crappy deaths. And Rogue getting treated bad. Too much mutants.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #971
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
It was far from her fault LOL
It was all the crappy deaths. And Rogue getting treated bad. Too much mutants.
And Halle Berry's Storm being awful.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #972
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:

Quote:
Yeah it kind of chamged in X3, hope she still is badass. It would be weird if she was like X1, quiet and calm nonbadass lol
Because X3 fully established that Storm can fly (or spin mid-air which they showed more prevalently) I don't think they can/will go back to her being only earthbound. Honestly, it was Singer who did the best job of showing Storm riding the winds accurately in X1 (Statue of Liberty sequence). X3's "flight sequences" were terrible and very obvious examples of wire work. Her cape wasn't billowing in the wind, nor her hair, etc. The cyclonic spinning displays were done well though.

I'm positive that if Halle and her stunt double were on wires (as reported) it was for a flight display and Singer will make it look good.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #973
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
What are you talking about? Storm has led the X-Men in some capacity in the comics for over 20 years. But she wasn't leading them in X3: she was a deputy to Wolverine.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #974
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
And Halle Berry's Storm being awful.
What? She isn't that bad, when people think Storm they think Halle Berry. It too late. Lol

Old 12-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #975
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

She pushed for Storm to get action.

Closed Thread