The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: Civil War

Old 05-01-2016, 03:22 PM   #51
universeman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Sharon carter A.K.A. Agent 13 - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I'm talking in terms of pairing. He's a bit of a bland choice. I don't see why they should be together other than he's the hero. They work better as friends.
He is not bland! saying he's a bland choice is like saying Cyclops is a bland choice for Jean Grey, or Clark Kent is a bland choice for Lois Lane.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:13 PM   #52
Voltron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
It wasn't needed. She and Captain America needed more build-up to get to that part.

I liked her though! Emily VanCamp came a long way, I first knew her from the Brothers & Sisters the TV show.
Which is why that kiss felt casually sweet. That kissing scene telling from the set up and pay-off was meant to be funny. I knew EVC from Everwood.

Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 06:17 PM   #53
The Infernal
Spinning Fidgeter

Well Cyclops is pretty bland in general.

Though seriously those comparisons are just way off base. They both have a long history of being established couples in the Marvel and DC universes. Cap and BW, if they have any sort of relationship at any point isn't as nearly established as either example.

The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 06:22 PM   #54
Voltron
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm talking in terms of pairing. He's a bit of a bland choice. I don't see why they should be together other than he's the hero. They work better as friends.
Cap is a bit bland which is why in the comics he was usually paired off with sassy, interesting, strong, villainous and/or fiery women like Sharon, Diamondback, Bernie Rosenthal.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:04 PM   #55
universeman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well Cyclops is pretty bland in general.
He may be bland but he still gets the ladies I mean Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Psylocke.

Old 05-01-2016, 09:53 PM   #56
Voltron
Side-Kick

Her CW screen time is only 4 mins 29 secs. When the Russos said Sharon has a bigger role a few of us in this thread half joked that it would be 5 mins which is technically more than 3 mins 25 secs. It turns out that we were actually being generous.

Cap and BW's church scene had a longer screen time than Staron's only scene together of 56 secs. Peggy's screen time in TFA was around 27 mins, 3 mins in TWS, and 15 secs in AoU. Vision/Wanda's kitchen scene was 2 mins 45 secs and that's excluding their other interaction scenes. Well no wonder many people are preferring these other relationships when more time and development are spent building them. I've seen many on twitter liking Sharon and Staron in CW so imagine if they were also given more time and development what the potential could've been.

Steve kissed Sharon as a thank you for her help and maybe yeah it was a goodbye too because Evans clearly doesn't support Staron and the Russos obviously don't like Sharon/Staron .

Old 05-01-2016, 10:15 PM   #57
tomatoes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post

Her CW screen time is only 4 mins 29 secs. When the Russos said Sharon has a bigger role a few of us in this thread half joked that it would be 5 mins which is technically more than 3 mins 25 secs. It turns out that we were actually being generous.

Cap and BW's church scene had a longer screen time than Staron's only scene together of 56 secs. Peggy's screen time in TFA was around 27 mins, 3 mins in TWS, and 15 secs in AoU. Vision/Wanda's kitchen scene was 2 mins 45 secs and that's excluding their other interaction scenes. Well no wonder many people are preferring these other relationships when more time and development are spent building them. I've seen many on twitter liking Sharon and Staron in CW so imagine if they were also given more time and development what the potential could've been.

Steve kissed Sharon as a thank you for her help and maybe yeah it was a goodbye too because Evans clearly doesn't support Staron and the Russos obviously don't like Sharon/Staron .
The 10-15mins was an overstatement, after watching i was like 'are they sure she appeared that long?'

Man lets just accept theyre never gonna do her any justice

tomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:39 PM   #58
noakai
Side-Kick

Quote:

It's obvious that the relationship wasn't a priority for anyone. Maybe things would be different if Cap 3 wasn't Civil War, but because it was, this is Steve/Sharon we're getting. The movies we have coming up are movies for other characters and the Infinity Wars. With them having to juggle so many characters and Thanos in IW, they're probably not going to spend a lot of time showing us Steve/Sharon blossoming on screen. At most, it's going to be situations where they establish that it's happened off-screen. And Sharon herself might not get much screentime going forward either, just like Pepper Potts won't. I'm trying to look at the bright side - they could have dropped Sharon completely after Cap 3 became Civil War, or dropped the romance, so at least it's there.

noakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:22 AM   #59
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Two big movies to come, you never know.

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:27 AM   #60
universeman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Two big movies to come, you never know.
Yeah two big movies where Cap could die or who knows the kiss could be the Russo's way of throwing the Staron fans a bone I mean Cap may not even mention her in IW.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:26 AM   #61
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
I think it would have been better if Sharon Carter wasn't related to Peggy at all.
I've often thought so. Or if Hayley Atwell's character wasn't Peggy. Or if TFA had another character being the love interest.

However, that ultimately doesn't help if they're not giving her the screentime. Hell, it'd mean she'd be out of place in Peggy's funeral, giving her even less to do.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:55 AM   #62
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/05/02...ig-fight-scene

TalismanRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:39 PM   #63
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Sounds like she is happy with her involvement in CW and she wants to do more.

Also sounds like she is hopeful to be in IW, which seems to indicate that nobody told her that she isn't in it.

Last edited by Mysteryman; 05-02-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:02 AM   #64
noakai
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Sounds like she is happy with her involvement in CW and she wants to do more.

Also sounds like she is hopeful to be in IW, which seems to indicate that nobody told her that she isn't in it.
It's not about them telling her she's not in it, it's about them telling her that she is. With these movies, you can't assume you'll be in them, you have to assume the opposite, especially if you're a more minor character. And with the way the Russos have been talking, there are still a lot of moving pieces with IW right now and it's still not pinned down, so she wouldn't have heard anything one way or the other yet. Hell, think of how EVC talked about Cap 3 originally being a different movie and by the time it got around to filming it was far different (and I imagine so was her part). If they even told her she was definitely in IW1, then it's always possible her part will get cut etc. You can't count on anything with these movies unless you're one of the big guns.

Last edited by noakai; 05-04-2016 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:08 AM   #65
universeman
Side-Kick

Who's the big guns?

Old 05-04-2016, 06:18 AM   #66
Mike5575
I'm the Captain now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by universeman View Post
Who's the big guns?
Avengers. Those are your big guns, especially those with their own movies.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:52 AM   #67
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

2014 - "Sharon's role was enough, the movie didn't need a love story, she'll develop a relationship in the next movie."
2016 - "The kiss was too soon, she's hardly developed, they hardly know each other."

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:56 AM   #68
marshal99
Side-Kick

It's just too bad that Widow is on the wrong side , bet she would have love to see that kiss since she was pushing steve throughout TWS to get a date and suggested sharon.

marshal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:30 AM   #69
universeman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike5575 View Post
Avengers. Those are your big guns, especially those with their own movies.
Oh yeah your right about that but don't forget we may get the GOTG team, also most likely Spider-Man and whoever else I hope Thanos does a lot of killing.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:21 AM   #70
noakai
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by universeman View Post
Oh yeah your right about that but don't forget we may get the GOTG team, also most likely Spider-Man and whoever else I hope Thanos does a lot of killing.
There's going to be a crapton of characters by the time IW2 rolls around lol. Don't forget we're adding Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel. I still do believe that they will probably have her in at least one scene and that the romance will still be a thing, but with all of those characters involved, I don't really think she's going to have a huge role. The IW movies are Avengers movies, so the focus will be on the big guns; it's not going to be like CW where there are Avengers characters but it's heavy on Cap characters. TWS and CW were the place to give Sharon a lot of screentime, but it just didn't happen.

Very minor CW spoilers:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
From what I've read so far, Sharon is great in her actual scenes and she's essential to finding Bucky, but someone saw the movie and added up her screentime between TWS and CW and all together it totals about 8 minutes. Comparing that to other characters in the other franchises, I think that's on the level of like Happy Hogan and Darcy Lewis (and it's possible I'm actually underestimating Darcy's screentime). It's hard to do a character justice in 8 minutes across 2 movies.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:50 PM   #71
Voltron
Side-Kick

Old 05-04-2016, 09:08 PM   #72
Voltron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by noakai View Post
Very minor CW spoilers:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
From what I've read so far, Sharon is great in her actual scenes and she's essential to finding Bucky, but someone saw the movie and added up her screentime between TWS and CW and all together it totals about 8 minutes. Comparing that to other characters in the other franchises, I think that's on the level of like Happy Hogan and Darcy Lewis (and it's possible I'm actually underestimating Darcy's screentime). It's hard to do a character justice in 8 minutes across 2 movies.
Yeah I added her MCU screentime. 3mins 25secs + 4mins 29 secs = F U Marvel and Russos and Evans a little bit. To add insult to injury the Russos said there might be a BW movie. I like EVC. But maybe yeah they should've just cast Hayley as Sharon so we would've gotten more Sharon in the MCU. Sharon and Peggy did lookalike in the comics and that's how Cap first noticed Sharon in the first place because she looked like Peggy. Then we would've gotten Sharon teasing Cap and their colorful dynamic. Sharon did tease Cap about the car, but that was soooooo tame.

Sharon got Maria Hill'd in the Cap trilogy. Darcy and Happy definitely got more screen time in Thor and IM alone than Sharon's combined 8 mins.

Just saw that review from CBG19 and it's super that she found Sharon's scenes great.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:19 PM   #73
Voltron
Side-Kick

Just to note it was the secretary, Peggy, and BW who all initiated their kiss with Steve. But in CW it was Steve himself who initiated the kiss with Sharon. That has to mean something.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:26 PM   #74
ScarlettW
Side-Kick

Peggy and Steve was more than a kiss!

I think she will be seen only in an established relationship with him. The next two films are about the Avengers, not Cap centric.

ScarlettW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:45 PM   #75
noakai
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah I added her MCU screentime. 3mins 25secs + 4mins 29 secs = F U Marvel and Russos and Evans a little bit. To add insult to injury the Russos said there might be a BW movie. I like EVC. But maybe yeah they should've just cast Hayley as Sharon so we would've gotten more Sharon in the MCU. Sharon and Peggy did lookalike in the comics and that's how Cap first noticed Sharon in the first place because she looked like Peggy. Then we would've gotten Sharon teasing Cap and their colorful dynamic. Sharon did tease Cap about the car, but that was soooooo tame.

Sharon got Maria Hill'd in the Cap trilogy. Darcy and Happy definitely got more screen time in Thor and IM alone than Sharon's combined 8 mins.

Just saw that review from CBG19 and it's super that she found Sharon's scenes great.
I honestly don't think it's the actresses there's an issue with. The issue is that they weren't as invested in Sharon as they were in Falcon, Black Widow and Winter Soldier. Those are the characters they decided were most important going forward - Cap 2 still would have been about Steve/BW/Falcon fighting with Bucky unless they decided to go a different way. Sharon could have taken Nat or Falcon's place in that storyline, but they decided it was better to leave her with a few small scenes. I do wonder a lot whether Cap 3 becoming CW really hurt Sharon's character too, bc I do think there would have been room for Sharon if this wasn't Civil War. But even if that's true, choosing to give her so little in Cap 2 made her getting pushed out of Cap 3 because of CW even more damaging. At this point, there's no way to fix it.

Quote:
Just to note it was the secretary, Peggy, and BW who all initiated their kiss with Steve. But in CW it was Steve himself who initiated the kiss with Sharon. That has to mean something.
It means he's 95, he's not dead, and he just wants to kiss someone!!