The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: Civil War

Old 05-07-2016, 12:08 PM   #126
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Sharon carter A.K.A. Agent 13 - Part 3

She's friggin cute as a button and I hope to see more of her. Sue me.

The FANTASTIC 4 are home.
Twitter- @mrpink13
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:03 PM   #127
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoes View Post
Although spidey gave laughs i didnt think he was really needed in the movie,, ive seen people say sharon cant be on tthe airport fight because she doesnt have any personal relationship with any of team iron man to fight against them but neither did antman and spiderman
As much I loved the character, Black Panther could be removed and T'Chaka replaced by any head of state, and the core storyline wouldn't suffer.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 03:55 PM   #128
Britney
Side-Kick

I loved her scenes, I think she was great and I wish there was more of her.

I thought she looked great in the movie too.

I think she will be with Cap in the future films since she's on the run now too. I'm sure they will be linked up. I doubt they would finally give Cap a love interest to take them away. Hopefully she gets more than 5 min screen time in the next movie she appears in.

Britney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:04 PM   #129
MarvelMayhem
Side-Kick

I felt bad for Sharon in this, her hair was not great. But the kiss scene really came off poorly. Even the funeral I thought was she was poorly portrayed, she kept making 'eyes' at cap during the funeral. It was weirdly unsettling. Maybe they could do an Agent 13 spin off on ABC to let her have some screen time for development.

MarvelMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:15 PM   #130
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Having just seen CW, I have to say that Sharon's role was short but meaningful. But I think that's fine because they can't just dive into a full fledged relationship! So I can't wait to see her in the future because I guarantee you she's going to show up again. They wouldn't give Cap a love interest then never show her again!!!

Sharon's role in CW is short, felt like 5 minutes, BUT she did have a good amount of dialogue. You could also tell she really likes Cap. I loveeeeee her speech at the funeral. I don't think she was an afterthought at all. She did her part in this huge Marvel movie with loads of superheroes. Can't wait to see her kick more butt.

BeastStorm98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:19 PM   #131
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I think they made the most of the character's screentime. I hope this romance gets further explored and they don't drop it like a rock.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:30 PM   #132
Voltron
Side-Kick

This was Sharon's shortened paraphrased eulogy speech.

Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:37 PM   #133
Voltron
Side-Kick

Arrow Re: Sharon carter A.K.A. Agent 13 - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney View Post
I loved her scenes, I think she was great and I wish there was more of her.

I thought she looked great in the movie too.

I think she will be with Cap in the future films since she's on the run now too. I'm sure they will be linked up. I doubt they would finally give Cap a love interest to take them away. Hopefully she gets more than 5 min screen time in the next movie she appears in.
She's on the run? I didn't catch that. I thought she returned to work for the government or else why didn't she join the airport battle if she's on the run because she had more reasons to fight then Ant-man and Spiderman.

If she still worked for the government she couldn't fight in the airport because of surveillance cameras everywhere so her work will find out she betrayed them and will be prosecuted for treason.

Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:42 PM   #134
Mr.T
Side-Kick

Something about her character just doesn't fit well in this universe. I just can't put my finger on it. I think she was miscast. What happened to the lady that looked like Carter's kin when Cap just woke up from the ice block?

Mr.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 05:40 PM   #135
Britney
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
She's on the run? I didn't catch that. I thought she returned to work for the government or else why didn't she join the airport battle if she's on the run because she had more reasons to fight then Ant-man and Spiderman.

If she still worked for the government she couldn't fight in the airport because of surveillance cameras everywhere so her work will find out she betrayed them and will be prosecuted for treason.
I'm pretty sure Cap told her (something to the extent of) that she'd have to be on the run when they found out she gave them back his costume and she said she knew that and was OK with it. I don't think she went back to work for the government.

Also, it was clear BW was in on Sharon helping Cap and didn't mind and I believe they hinted that Sharon let BW know where Cap was heading before the airport battle when Widow told BP she knew someone who could find them.

I'd love if they explored their friendship more... ya know, Widow was trying to hook Cap up with her ever since TWS.

Britney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 05:44 PM   #136
Blackman
C'mon Son

Yeah Cap did tell her something along the lines of "They're gonna suspect you"

I assume she'll be on the run with Cap and the Secret Avengers. Kinda a missed opportunity if they don't do that

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 05:53 PM   #137
ScarlettW
Side-Kick

Quote:

He said she would have trouble giving the stuff to him, but she didn't care. I don't think she's on the run. Her end ended open for many possibilities.
I think she went back to work, but I don't know if she lost her job or she is being watched. It may even that no one discovered it was her because she's a great agent.

ScarlettW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:25 AM   #138
JB-the-Hunter
Booty hunter

All the drama in the previous versions of this thread, and she ended up having a bigger/better role than I expected. Good job Marvel.

"I knew there was something wrong. It just took a while to dawn on me, or maybe I was just afraid to think it, but... you survived the destruction because you caused it. Raina wasn't the only one changed in there, and I'm pretty sure the DNA results that I'm running right now will confirm that there's nothing wrong with the data in my head Skye. There's something wrong with you." - Leo Fitz
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:31 AM   #139
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Quote:
This was Sharon's shortened paraphrased eulogy speech.

I found it nice that they managed to sneak that speech into the film without it feeling overdone or like some hamfisted add-in from the comics.

If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you die, walk it off."--Captain America
Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:32 AM   #140
Spiderine
Sho nuff

I thought her role worked well within the framework of the film. Its been a slow buildup of their romance in two films now. Cap has been shown to be very patient. I have no problem with Sharon's character. She even got some action in the fight against Bucky. They manage to fit their time in a film that was loaded with other characters. Its a very natural feel.

Spiderine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 07:44 AM   #141
Jason Kane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I love how Bucky and Sam basically gave Steve a thumbs up after he kissed Sharon.
That gained many a laugh at my screening last night while on my date

Jason Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 07:57 AM   #142
Poppy
Side-Kick

Quote:
That gained many a laugh at my screening last night while on my date
Today 02:32 AM
Me too

Here how the scene went after Sharon gave back to Steve his shield:

Steve: They are going to come looking for you.

Sharon : I know.

Unless she wants to be put behind bars, she'll run away. And since Steve said that he 'owes her again' maybe he will be the one looking for her, ask her to join the 'secret avengers'.

Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:17 AM   #143
tomatoes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Me too

Here how the scene went after Sharon gave back to Steve his shield:

Steve: They are going to come looking for you.

Sharon : I know.

Unless she wants to be put behind bars, she'll run away. And since Steve said that he 'owes her again' maybe he will be the one looking for her, ask her to join the 'secret avengers'.
Steve will put in on the list, all the favors Sharon has done.. From sam to sharon that 'list' keeps growing

tomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:37 PM   #144
Mike5575
I'm the Captain now!

I really liked Sharon in this. She should have had more to do. It would be nice to at least see what her status was at the end of the film. Maybe Sharon could have been with Steve at the raft, breaking the heroes out.

I would like to see her in Infinity War, but good luck with that. Maybe there will be a Cap 4. Chris loves Marvel and I don't think he wants to leave.

Old 05-08-2016, 01:44 PM   #145
Raiden
Wakanda Forever

Since Sharon has done so many things for Steve and they even kissed, and thanks to him she probably lost her job and is a fugitive like Steve, I hope they won't forget about her in the sequel.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:51 PM   #146
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.T View Post
Something about her character just doesn't fit well in this universe. I just can't put my finger on it. I think she was miscast. What happened to the lady that looked like Carter's kin when Cap just woke up from the ice block?
Im just not liking the whole thing with her being related to Peggy and being Cap's love interest. It's just sickening. If things had worked out and Steve never went into the ocean, Sharon would have more than likely been his Niece too, so the whole thing doesn't sit well with me. I think it would have looked better if Sharon had no relations to Peggy at all, and was just someone who was damn good at her job, idolized Cap, but had no relations. It just doesn't make any sense.

Granted, I agree also, the actress isn't all that great either. I just feel the chemistry between Scarlet JoHansen and Chris Evans is far stronger, as was Hayley Atwell. Maybe they needed to pick an actress that could have an edge to her and had better chemistry. Heck, I wonder if Gamora and Cap are ever going to meet, because I bet the chemistry between those two will be off the charts. I think they should just scrub the character altogether, I just don't think it's working. Won't be the first time films scrubbed a major love interest. They did it in the Bourne films with Maria.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:11 PM   #147
Tg11
Side-Kick

Either way Cap being with Peggy's niece it actually makes sense considering Sharon she is related to Peggy and since Cap couldn't be with Peggy since he was frozen for 70 plus years why not put him with the niece

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:21 PM   #148
MarvelMayhem
Side-Kick

The niece thing does not bother me per se but I do feel like EVC was not maybe the right pick. I just kind of find the character herself kind of a blander Peggy. And it stinks because I know she a very beloved CAP main character so everyone that loves Sharon Carter probably feels really ripped off. But in the MCU do I need to see more of Sharon Carter when there are so many other characters scrambling for screen time? thats the real question.

MarvelMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:26 PM   #149
Tg11
Side-Kick

Yes but I think we will get more out of Sharon especially now after Civil War the aftermath of it

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:47 PM   #150
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
Either way Cap being with Peggy's niece it actually makes sense considering Sharon she is related to Peggy and since Cap couldn't be with Peggy since he was frozen for 70 plus years why not put him with the niece
No it doesn't make any sense, it makes it look like Steve has never gotten over Peggy, so he's going to go for the next best thing, the chick who is a closest relative of her. It's disturbing, almost hillbilly crap to me. They should have created a character like Bucky who is female, or maybe introduce an alien like Gamora, someone who can live as long as him so he's not left alone again. Remember, he's still projected to live another 150 years, and so he's going to have to go through the grief all over again in the end with Sharon. An alien woman, or a mutant woman who can live a long time would be better.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote