The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's The Inhumans

View Poll Results: Are you excited about this show?
Yes 59 85.51%
No 10 14.49%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2017, 07:39 PM   #401
eon001
Side-Kick

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawl View Post
Really dont need special effects just a good prop man like in Star Trek Discovery.
If they have another crack at doing Gorgon I want proper hooves similar to this. Otherwise don't even bother.

They could have a few establishing shots with him in the CGI hooves then just film him from the waist up 90% of the time.

If he has to mingle with humans, give him a trench coat. You still save money on CGI without compromising the authenticity of Gorgons legs.

I don't want to see those man high heels ever again.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:54 PM   #402
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

Inhumans - Cancelled by ABC?

Looks like ABC have quietly cancelled Inhumans as we all expected as they have removed the show from their press site.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/01/in...ed-by-abc.html

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #403
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:08 AM   #404
eon001
Side-Kick

I just posted this in the AoS forum, but I figured it's worth repeating here...

I've noticed that they haven't given up on Inhumans in AoS with the introduction of Flint and Kasisus breeding inhumans for profit. Why not do some kind of spin off Inhumans show with characters that fans actually know and are more familiar with, like Yoyo, Quake, Flint etc. They could bring in Reader as a lead and re-brand/reintroduce Inhumans in a better show than the garbage they released last year.

It could centre around Enilux and have Reader as lead. They could explore how Enilux functions in plain sight like the Inhumans MIB or something. Few episodes worth of Material with Leader recruiting Inhumans for Enilux.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:41 AM   #405
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Feels weird to believe the guy in charge of the ABC website would know about the cancellation before any official announcement, but oh well. I still think the numbers were fine for a Friday (and I doubt ABC lost money), so I hoped they could have retooled it and seen what a second season could do. But I also can't see them expecting the ratings to increase and IMAX likely isn't going to give them more money, so it's not crazy to think the show would be too expensive this time around.

Short of it airing on the Disney streaming site, it's likely it won't continue.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:39 PM   #406
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Disney aint gonna be putting no more money into this. They didnt want it as a movie and it bombed as a tv show. Its dead.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:38 PM   #407
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Hm. Is this the end for the royal family as far as live-action is concerned? Would be odd to reintroduce them in a film- even though the movies pay no mind to TV shows- and depending on whether SHIELD continues, could they be brought up there?

NotNickFury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:09 PM   #408
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
Hm. Is this the end for the royal family as far as live-action is concerned? Would be odd to reintroduce them in a film- even though the movies pay no mind to TV shows- and depending on whether SHIELD continues, could they be brought up there?
My friend a Star Trek writer, suggest that due to the IMAX release there would not be the money problems that characters which made their first appearance on a TV show, the agents other than Coulson, face. So it would solely be a creative decision without economic rights being held by a TV writer being taken into account.

SPO2 Dalisay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:36 AM   #409
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPO2 Dalisay View Post
My friend a Star Trek writer, suggest that due to the IMAX release there would not be the money problems that characters which made their first appearance on a TV show, the agents other than Coulson, face. So it would solely be a creative decision without economic rights being held by a TV writer being taken into account.
It doesn't look like that was the case at all.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:09 AM   #410
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
It doesn't look like that was the case at all.
If he is correct about a post TV writer's strike contract what wasn't the case? That economics and setting a precedent of paying a TV writer for a comics character use would not be done. Or strickly art based and there really is not the need to cameo another enhanced being working a fee blocks away from the Avengers instead of showcasing normal people fighting back like a glimpse of the National Guard and police in New York rather than say showing Jessica Jones rescue a random person. Or in a future case Black Bolt destroying some object. He seems to think money issues would prevent the former but not the latter due to the IMAX deal

Old 01-22-2018, 07:23 AM   #411
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I want them rebooted for a Ff film.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:18 AM   #412
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

I don't think any of us are shocked by this move. This is the first outright flop for Marvel, and I am curious to see what the eventual fate of the royal family is. Was there a planned AoS crossover? If so, was that abandoned? Will they be rebooted many years down the line, or just frozen indefinitely? So many questions.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:39 PM   #413
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I don't think any of us are shocked by this move. This is the first outright flop for Marvel, and I am curious to see what the eventual fate of the royal family is. Was there a planned AoS crossover? If so, was that abandoned? Will they be rebooted many years down the line, or just frozen indefinitely? So many questions.
What's shocking to me is they had a high enough budget and attention for it and it was so underwhelming terrible. It was as if MARVEL intentionally wanted to sink this thing.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:03 AM   #414
UltimatePyro9
Side-Kick

I wanted to like to like this show. I really did. But I gave up after the first three episodes because of how dull and idiotic it was. It’s a shame, too. The Inhuman royal family could be interesting characters. We could have a new view of a different side of the MCU. Instead, the show was nothing more than a vanity project for Ike Perlmutter. It’s sad that these characters were wasted in such a mediocre show.

UltimatePyro9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:10 AM   #415
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatePyro9 View Post
I wanted to like to like this show. I really did. But I gave up after the first three episodes because of how dull and idiotic it was. It’s a shame, too. The Inhuman royal family could be interesting characters. We could have a new view of a different side of the MCU. Instead, the show was nothing more than a vanity project for Ike Perlmutter. It’s sad that these characters were wasted in such a mediocre show.
Well I guess it needed to flop for him to learn the hard way (if he does) and to see that he shouldn't be pushing this.

Old 01-23-2018, 07:32 AM   #416
UltimatePyro9
Side-Kick

Quote:
The Inhumans will be rebooted, with this show swiftly forgotten. Most everyone wants to forget this embarrassment as much as Marvel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well I guess it needed to flop for him to learn the hard way (if he does) and to see that he shouldn't be pushing this.
From what I’ve heard about Perlmutter, I doubt he will.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:13 AM   #417
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

Quote:
Reboot as in a full origin story or just recast and use the characters in say a Fantastic Four 3 movie? There is only so much screen time available with the mutants probably back into the MCU. If they should show up in a FF I think that they would just be there as enhanced people in the background as part of the exponential increase of the enhanced. I hate to say it but the model would look like X-Men The Last Stand.

I think that the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will have a lock on the story of the Inhuman concept. As to a crossover of a royal character or two I would not be surprised, assuming AoS survives long enough for it to happen. The actors may have hoped for a series but I don't think any of them will blow off a payday.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:33 AM   #418
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
From what I’ve heard about Perlmutter, I doubt he will.
So he'll be like Avi Arad with Venom, and will push an Inhumans cinematic universe?

Old 01-23-2018, 12:57 PM   #419
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wouldn't say "vanity project" more like a desperate grasp to boost Inhuman's profile and profit from it. The general theory is that he wants them to be a stand in for the X-men. I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason this was greenlit was because he threw a fit about it

Hopefully with the Disney/Fox deal he won't feel the need to push anymore.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:45 PM   #420
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPO2 Dalisay View Post
If he is correct about a post TV writer's strike contract what wasn't the case? That economics and setting a precedent of paying a TV writer for a comics character use would not be done. Or strickly art based and there really is not the need to cameo another enhanced being working a fee blocks away from the Avengers instead of showcasing normal people fighting back like a glimpse of the National Guard and police in New York rather than say showing Jessica Jones rescue a random person. Or in a future case Black Bolt destroying some object. He seems to think money issues would prevent the former but not the latter due to the IMAX deal
That's not really what you said originally...

- CM Punk
Old 02-19-2018, 07:53 PM   #421
eon001
Side-Kick

I've just started watching the Netflix show Altered Carbon, and it's triggered me into b!+ching about Inhumans yet again.

For a tv show this has a phenomenal budget, and has the vast super advanced city scapes I wanted to see from Atillan. Heck even Agents of Shield had some pretty clean looking CGI ships and space scenery.

Inhumans could still be done on tv budget, but they really need some time, money and attention to detail.

Anyway, rant over. I'm going to cry myself to sleep.

Old 02-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #422
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Attilan should've been like Jack Kirby art insanity come to life. Sakkar in Ragnarok had more Kirby touches.

- CM Punk
Old 02-25-2018, 12:55 PM   #423
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Budget would restrain the Kirby insanity, but seriously, they should have easily been able to do much better than "barely adorned concrete rooms".

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:41 PM   #424
UltimatePyro9
Side-Kick

This was just a cheaply made product just to make the Inhumans popular.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:26 AM   #425
eon001
Side-Kick

Just watched the first episode of Krypton. They've captured everything I wanted from Inhumans.
Great sets, great CGI, space political intrigue. They even have there own caste system.

For what it's worth, Krypton has been in development for 4 years, and they also had the head start of the MoS concepts and designs.

Inhumans had 8 months!! I still can't get over the arrogance of the studios thinking they could make a show with this kind of an epic scale in 8 freaking months.