The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 02-20-2018, 03:23 AM   #151
titansupes
Side-Kick

Default Re: You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 10

It's a weird one. Very Batman Forever (in general), with a bit of Arkham Knight (tackling the Parademon is like tackling Man-Bat) and a sprinkle of TAS (crouching on the opposite rooftop and swinging away) and B'89 (that last full-body turn and leap).

titansupes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:39 AM   #152
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
What do you guys think of this scnene. Cool or not?

It sorta reminds of Burton's Batman. And not just because Ben Affleck moves with extreme stiffness. And looks bloated. The rooftop set also resembles Burton.
It's beyond awful. Green screen. Bad dialogue and delivery from every actor involved. Stupid Parademon goo. Stupid Batfleck is not even that rooftops greatest detective nevermind World's greatest detective, saying Alfred's name in front of a random dude.

I tried watching the movie again and turned it off pretty quickly. They were trying to make a Saturday morning cartoon (shouldn't we be past that?) and even failed at doing that.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:09 AM   #153
StarLord

What the hell happened to that criminal anyway?! Batman has a chat with him and then is like ''See Ya!''

StarLord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:19 AM   #154
The Shape
In the shadows

Quote:
What do you guys think of this scnene. Cool or not?

It sorta reminds of Burton's Batman. And not just because Ben Affleck moves with extreme stiffness. And looks bloated. The rooftop set also resembles Burton.

Embarrassing.

Old 02-20-2018, 02:01 PM   #155
Awest66
Side-Kick

Just saw Black Panther.

Excellent, if overhyped a bit.

Awest66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:03 PM   #156
Kane52630
New Cydonian User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
What the hell happened to that criminal anyway?! Batman has a chat with him and then is like ''See Ya!''
He got away and then joined the FBI...

Old 02-20-2018, 02:24 PM   #157
shauner111
Side-Kick

Black Panther was always going to be overhyped, but i thought it was good. On the level of Winter Soldier and Civil War for me. Not fantastic. I had issues with it. But nothing major like the DCEU movies.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
Old 02-20-2018, 04:10 PM   #158
I Am The Knight
Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
It's a weird one. Very Batman Forever (in general), with a bit of Arkham Knight (tackling the Parademon is like tackling Man-Bat) and a sprinkle of TAS (crouching on the opposite rooftop and swinging away) and B'89 (that last full-body turn and leap).
Pretty much.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by SkullDevil! / ?
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:12 PM   #159
Tacit Ronin
Banned User

Unlike Civil War, Black Panther had a civil war.

Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:44 PM   #160
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

If only the real one had been as short as the one in Black Panther, and as easily resolved.

Aziz
Greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:05 PM   #161
Ryan
Side-Kick

I thought the same thing. The scene was very Tim Burtonish and I found it pretty lackluster to the awesome fighting scene he had in BvS. That was a pretty extreme death defying in air somersault for simply catching a rooftop baddie (which he oddly just lets go as if nothing several minutes later). Blah

Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:21 PM   #162
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Unlike Civil War, Black Panther had a civil war.
It's more intelligent too. Civil War (and to a lesser extent TWS) don't live up as subversive films for me anymore. The HYDRA reveal in TWS plays like it was the "other" who corrupted the morals of American intelligence agencies, and now that the "misguided" SHIELD agents are working for the FBI/CIA and Tony Stark, things are "back on track" . Civil War at least fixes the problems with the Registration Act in the comics, but it still acts like it's a freedom vs. security debate. The idea Cap too has an agenda like everyone else? Never addressed. It's got no self-awareness when it comes to that. It would be like if the sonar scene in TDK had no self-awareness that surveillance is a question of power, not just of ethics and catching terrorists. They're textbook examples of defending the status quo by critiquing it, or what some would call "manufacturing consent" (I take it you know what I'm talking about based on your signature ).

Granted I don't think the Russo's deliberately ignored those questions, I just don't think their films are as thought-out as they think they are. Black Panther succeeds where they fail, on top of succeeding where they succeed.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:17 PM   #163
DoomRulz
A guy that comes and goes

Just saw BP tonight; 8/10 for me.

It's far from the best superhero movie ever, much less the best MCU film, but it's up there. This is also easily the most visually stunning of the Marvel movies. The set pieces and costumes were amazing. But in terms of storytelling, it wasn't anything to write home about. Winter Soldier and Civil War were far superior in that regard.

Can't believe I'm saying it but Boseman was a bit flat as BP. He wasn't as much fun to watch as he was in CW, but maybe that's because he did't have much screen time, plus, he was a new character to be invested in. His sister was a far more interesting and entertaining character, as was Killmonger. I loved watching Andy Serkis. Man, that guy was having so much fun with his role, he just let loose and it was great!

While I can respect that the vibranium is what Wakanda is built on, I felt like it was too...magical. I mean, is there anything this substance *can't do*? It seemed like it was providing an easy solution to everything.

Movies don't. Especially not the diseased, cancerous, leprosy-induced, kolera that is a Snyder exercise in brain death you would call movies.

To equate the struggle for civil rights of black people to DCEU should be grounds for admittance to a mental institution
DoomRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:15 AM   #164
JackWhite
Third Man

I just got back from seeing Black Panther. I was almost going to pass on it, but man, I really dug it. It was very fresh with solid performances across the board. It just might be a top 5 MCU film for me. I will definitely buy this when it's out on blu ray.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:56 AM   #165
JackWhite
Third Man

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:18 PM   #166
Tacit Ronin
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I thought the same thing. The scene was very Tim Burtonish and I found it pretty lackluster to the awesome fighting scene he had in BvS. That was a pretty extreme death defying in air somersault for simply catching a rooftop baddie (which he oddly just lets go as if nothing several minutes later). Blah
It's weird how he tilts his whole body back at the end as if he was wearing the burton batsuit. Weird direction.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:30 PM   #167
Ryan
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's weird how he tilts his whole body back at the end as if he was wearing the burton batsuit. Weird direction.
It's extremely weird and pretty well meaningless other than to try and recapture the magic from the fight scene in BvS. Which oddly enough this scene lands as awkwardly as Batman himself.

Old 02-22-2018, 11:43 AM   #168
Brother Jack
Believer

The color grading on that film annoys me. That they just took the film as it was shot then lightened it. It makes everything look cheaper.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:00 PM   #169
Tacit Ronin
Banned User

Did you see Superman's suit? It looked worse than a cosplay.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:07 PM   #170
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Cool Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I wish it was ''Tim Burtonish''. At least Burton and his teams understood how to light and present Batman in an effective manner. Even with the limitations in the suit, Keaton looks much better than Affleck ever did (I'm also not a HUGE fan of how Snyder presented Bats in BvS, outside of a few scenes).

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:28 PM   #171
shauner111
Side-Kick

Whedon is responsible for that scene, no?

Old 02-22-2018, 01:32 PM   #172
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Cool Rider

Yes... it was written and directed by Whedon.

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:39 PM   #173
shauner111
Side-Kick

Just making sure, cuz it definitely screams Whedon. It's really funny if HE is the guy who tackles Batgirl after that. Good luck with that Warner Brothers. Now i read that the Nightwing movie is not even a priority for them lmao. The DCEU is the worst. The only thing i care about in that world going forward is that Joker film with hopefully Joaquin Phoenix, who is one of my favorite actors of all time.

Old 02-22-2018, 02:05 PM   #174
Ryan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
I wish it was ''Tim Burtonish''. At least Burton and his teams understood how to light and present Batman in an effective manner. Even with the limitations in the suit, Keaton looks much better than Affleck ever did (I'm also not a HUGE fan of how Snyder presented Bats in BvS, outside of a few scenes).
Sorry, I probably should clarify. I think I felt that the feeling or air of the scene reminded me more of something from one of the Burton films as opposed to the more recent Nolan ones.
It's probably a waste of my time, but I'll never wrap my head around the adulation for Affleck's Batman. Granted that one fight scene was pretty great. But based upon a 5 minute action scene some people consider his Batman to be definitive? I have a hard time understanding how those same fans could justify his performance in Justice League. Phoning it in would be too kind and I still can't get over those awkward comedic moments "I don't not...(like you)" and the childish giggle with glee he gets when he sees Superman arrive. Cringe worthy.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:40 PM   #175
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

A week later and Black Panther is nearing $500 million worldwide.
And the opening scene in JL is a sign as to why that movie grossed less than Man of Steel.

YOUTUBE
I ship Reek and one of the DSs of the Hype

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote