The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Should same-sex marriage be legalized?
Yes 310 68.58%
No 142 31.42%
Voters: 452. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2007, 01:45 PM   #10426
Super Kal
Proud Conservative
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a liberal state
Posts: 47,905
Default Re: Gay Marriage: Yes or No??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarr View Post
So you agree with me then that children can still be considered sinners.

jag
I take it into consideration, but it's darn hard for me to comprehend it because I wasn't brought up on it.

__________________
"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome."
Proud Texan
Super Kal is offline  
Old 12-19-2007, 02:22 PM   #10427
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick
 
amazingfantasy15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 12,500
Default Re: Gay Marriage: Yes or No??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
the child isn't a sinner... they don't understand right or wrong yet.

and we may collect " negative points" as we age, but all of those so called points and demerits disappear when we accept Christ into our lives. We start with a completely brand new slate, so to speak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBella View Post
Have you not heard of the original sin? It's a hereditary stain with which we are born on account of our origin or descent from Adam.
Yup, original sin, you're born with it and the only way to get rid of it is baptism. It's the rule through fear, Catholic guilt mentality that is thrown at you from the moment you're born. However, at the same time, you can just go to the Catholic car wash (confession) every week confess to all your sins say a few prayers and you're free to sin again.

amazingfantasy15 is offline  
Old 12-19-2007, 02:41 PM   #10428
Super Kal
Proud Conservative
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a liberal state
Posts: 47,905
Default Re: Gay Marriage: Yes or No??

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingfantasy15 View Post
Yup, original sin, you're born with it and the only way to get rid of it is baptism. It's the rule through fear, Catholic guilt mentality that is thrown at you from the moment you're born. However, at the same time, you can just go to the Catholic car wash (confession) every week confess to all your sins say a few prayers and you're free to sin again.
and I don't believe in original sin because I'm not Catholic.

the goal behind forgiveness is to try and learn from your sin and try to not commit it again... at least that's the way I see it.

__________________
"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome."
Proud Texan
Super Kal is offline  
Old 12-19-2007, 03:08 PM   #10429
Wilhelm-Scream
Banned User
 
Wilhelm-Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: C@L
Posts: 46,309
Default Re: Gay Marriage: Yes or No??

Any Christian gets their doctrine from the Bible. There is no other source except the Apocrypha or personal visions.

The Bible says that all have sinned, there is no one sinless, and NO one can be saved but through Christ's sacrifice...so it doesn't matter if you are Catholic or not, all are sinful, they have no choice in the matter, and even the best things they do are still like filthy rags to God, because by our very existence in HIS fallen world (which he created as a curse to punish all of humanity for the sins of 2 people), we are all imperfect.

No one can decide to live a sinless life, so it doesn't matter if you believe in "Original Sin" by name or not....same result.

Wilhelm-Scream is offline  
Old 12-19-2007, 03:18 PM   #10430
Super Kal
Proud Conservative
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a liberal state
Posts: 47,905
Default Re: Gay Marriage: Yes or No??

I disagree. I d not believe that a newborn is sent to hell because it was in a car crash.

__________________
"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome."
Proud Texan

Last edited by Super Kal; 12-19-2007 at 03:32 PM.
Super Kal is offline  
Old 12-19-2007, 03:28 PM   #10431
ANTOINE X
FLY
 
ANTOINE X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rooftop
Posts: 2,719
Default Re: Gay Marriage: Yes or No??

I don't see what s the problem with that.They are normal people after all

__________________
All my manips:
SUPER HEROES 4 REAL

http://www.fantasyfiction4real.com/
ANTOINE X is offline  
Old 12-19-2007, 04:06 PM   #10432
Steve Rogers
Side-Kick
 
Steve Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,770
Default Re: Gay Marriage: Yes or No??

I knew there would be no response to my argument.

__________________
Back After A Long Hiatus!!
Yeah, like anyone remembers me...
Steve Rogers is offline  
Old 12-19-2007, 04:55 PM   #10433
DBella
Seducente/Mortale
 
DBella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fiery Heaven
Posts: 25,041
Default Re: Gay Marriage: Yes or No??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Rogers View Post
I knew there would be no response to my argument.
I would argue with you but it's hard to when I'm on your side.

__________________
Scrumdiddlyumptious
DBella is offline  
Old 12-19-2007, 05:18 PM   #10434
Sandman138
Side-Kick
 
Sandman138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Dreaming
Posts: 11,650
Default Re: Gay Marriage: Yes or No??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTOINE X View Post
I don't see what s the problem with that.They are normal people after all
No they aren't. If they were, they wouldn't be gay.

__________________
We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- H. L. Mencken
Sandman138 is offline  
Old 12-19-2007, 05:19 PM   #10435
Sandman138
Side-Kick
 
Sandman138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Dreaming
Posts: 11,650
Default Re: Gay Marriage: Yes or No??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
I disagree. I d not believe that a newborn is sent to hell because it was in a car crash.
Blasphemer.

__________________
We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- H. L. Mencken
Sandman138 is offline  
Old 12-19-2007, 05:51 PM   #10436
Super Kal
Proud Conservative
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a liberal state
Posts: 47,905
Default Re: Gay Marriage: Yes or No??

edit: never mind then

__________________
"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome."
Proud Texan

Last edited by Super Kal; 12-19-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Super Kal is offline  
Old 12-19-2007, 05:53 PM   #10437
bored
One Sexy Lemur
 
bored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: sitting in my nowhere land
Posts: 13,275
Default Re: Gay Marriage: Yes or No??

SK, I do believe Sandman was being sarcastic.

__________________
COPYWRITED
IMAGE
bored is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.