The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Is Obama's tax-credit welfare state (1.054 trillion transfer) a good idea?
Yes 5 38.46%
No 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #26
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

JFK in Berlin...

Barack in Berlin...

R.I.P. Heath
Old 08-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #27
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Good Lord....that first picture.....just......weird.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 08-14-2008, 05:25 PM   #28
SuBe
Voluntaryist

Is That A Unicorn???

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=290666
or http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=347909

"Everyday that Congress meets, you lose a little bit more of your Liberty"
Old 08-14-2008, 05:27 PM   #29
Marx
Pixelated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel View Post
Good Lord....that first picture.....just......weird.
It's no different than the one that was actually circulated...

Old 08-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #30
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel View Post
Pelosi, Pelosi, Pelosi......*sighs*

She has stated that Leiberman needs to back off of Obama, or there may be some rethinking on his leadership role on committees.......*shakes head*

Nancy, you run the House, not the Senate....let Harry take care of his Senators.....
Pelosi better be careful with her threats. All Lieberman needs to do is change party and suddenly with the tie breaker being Cheney, Republicans control Senate. Then the Republican majority will be rethinking the Democrats' leadership roles on committees

Old 08-14-2008, 05:53 PM   #31
Raiden
Hela Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Pelosi better be careful with her threats. All Lieberman needs to do is change party and suddenly with the tie breaker being Cheney, Republicans control Senate. Then the Republican majority will be rethinking the Democrats' leadership roles on committees
Yeah, I think Pelosi should wait until after November when Dems have a solid majority before she threats Lieberman. Dems right now can't afford to lose his seat and give GOP the advantage in the Senate now.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Old 08-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #32
BlackLantern
Banned User

Lieberman isn't going to lose his seat anytime soon....CT has been voting him into that chair for a long long time and it is going to take a hell of a candidate to knock him out of it....the guy Lieberman replaced had been in the seat 21 years when Lieberman got elected..

Old 08-14-2008, 06:01 PM   #33
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
I'm almost positive that the picture is making fun of Obama, Excel.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #34
Marx
Pixelated

Quote:
I'm almost positive that the picture is making fun of Obama, Excel.
I'm just hoping that Ex didn't paint that himself!

(I kid, I kid... )

Old 08-14-2008, 06:18 PM   #35
SuBe
Voluntaryist

Old 08-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #36
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Y'know, I really do find the ...trend of Barack Obama's campaign to be disturbing. McCain's ads may have been dumb, but they are true. The man is going to win the White House, not because of his platform (most of which is vague and/or impractical), or his experience or qualifications (he has none) but because he is trendy. He is the political equivilant to Zack Effron. Does no one else find that bothersome?

Old 08-14-2008, 06:52 PM   #37
Marx
Pixelated

Quote:
Y'know, I really do find the ...trend of Barack Obama's campaign to be disturbing. McCain's ads may have been dumb, but they are true. The man is going to win the White House, not because of his platform (most of which is vague and/or impractical), or his experience or qualifications (he has none) but because he is trendy. He is the political equivilant to Zack Effron. Does no one else find that bothersome?
A little bit, yeah.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #38
BlackLantern
Banned User

I can agree with Matt on the celebrity aspect of it...but on the same token...Arnold won the recall election on his celebrity...

Old 08-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #39
SuBe
Voluntaryist

Quote:
Yes, absolutely. There is no Substance or experience. He can be what some would call the "Machine" canidate. He was made for this election by others with more influence.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:20 PM   #40
Varient
Guru for Geeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLantern View Post
No surprise,... this was the "other shoe" I expected as the last point before the "upset".

Reading the article,... I have to agree about taking away tax breaks from American companies that don't employ in America.

V.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:23 PM   #41
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
I can agree with Matt on the celebrity aspect of it...but on the same token...Arnold won the recall election on his celebrity...
Thats fair, but also to be fair...it doesn't really excuse Obama's lack of experience or substance (not to be mention Ah'nold also spent several years active politically and there is a world of difference between running a state and running a country).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanBeyond View Post
Yes, absolutely. There is no Substance or experience. He can be what some would call the "Machine" canidate. He was made for this election by others with more influence.
Its kinda like the Manchurian Candidate.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:32 PM   #42
BlackLantern
Banned User

True Arnold spent years getting his foot in the door, politically speaking....starting all the way back in Bush Srs first term....

Old 08-14-2008, 07:42 PM   #43
kainedamo
Banned User

Haha, what? No substance?

Old 08-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #44
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
Lieberman isn't going to lose his seat anytime soon....CT has been voting him into that chair for a long long time and it is going to take a hell of a candidate to knock him out of it....the guy Lieberman replaced had been in the seat 21 years when Lieberman got elected..
Just to jump back to this for a moment...maybe he won't lose his seat, but he is about to become the most irrelevant man in the Senate. The Democrats will kick him out of their caucus as soon as they gain a solid majority that does not require him and the Republicans will not want him for giving the Democrats the majority these past two years. He will be a senator without a party and therefore useless until things even up more. I wouldn't be suprised to see him retire after this term. Its kinda sad, I disagree with Lieberman on a lot, but still...this shows what happens when you try to be your own person in Congress and get away from the group-think mentality.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:51 PM   #45
kainedamo
Banned User

Here are some new Obama ads.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #46
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

The only smart one is the last one. The attack ads are going to backfire due to hs oath not to get dragged down to that level. They backfired when he tried it against Clinton and they'll back fire now. He should just ignore McCain's attacks and push on with his policy discussion, not focusing on McCain at all. Keep this election about him, not Johhny McC.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #47
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

The only smart one is the last one. The attack ads are going to backfire due to hs oath not to get dragged down to that level. They backfired when he tried it against Clinton and they'll back fire now. He should just ignore McCain's attacks and push on with his policy discussion, not focusing on McCain at all. Keep this election about him, not Johhny McC.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:13 PM   #48
kainedamo
Banned User

For one thing, Matt, Obama needs to respond to McCain's criticisms in some shape or form.

For another thing, McCain said and did those things. And none of it is fluff, like McCain's ads making Obama sem like he has a superiority complex or comparing him to Britney Spears. It's all pertinent, straight to the point things about McCain's stance on economics and Iraq, and Obama's ads usually end with Obama's stances. Whereas I've seen plenty of McCain ads that are solely about Obama and don't say a damn thing about what McCain is about. I'd say Obama's ads are of a much better standard.

Anyways, came across this.

When it comes to Obama, you just can't trust Fox News. If there is anybody that still thinks Obama won't wear flag pins or put his hand on his chest, watch the following clip.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:18 PM   #49
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

1) No he doesn't. One of the dumbest things you can do in politics is directly respond to an attack. Responding gives it credibility and validity. Ignoring it shows that it is so far beneath you its not worth talking about. And this isn't a response, this is an attack of his own. He should leave that to the PACs like MoveOn.org.

2) It doesn't matter what McCain does. McCain never said he was above it like Obama did. And second, this election is all about Obama, whether you like it or not. The scrutiny is on him, not McCain. Is it fair? No, but to quote Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia "Thats politics, *****."

3) Fox News likes neither McCain nor Obama, they have been the most unbiased news source in this election being as every other network has Obama-fever.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:33 PM   #50
SuBe
Voluntaryist

What are Obama's Policies for Taxes? How will he Help with the Energy Crisis? What is his plan for...

Can someone please tell me what his Policies are? Instead of what he is not? (i.e. Not McCain's Blah, Blah, Blah. He is for Change Blah blah blah. He's not Bush, Blah blah blah)

Where does he really stand on these things?

Closed Thread