The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Is Obama's tax-credit welfare state (1.054 trillion transfer) a good idea?
Yes 5 38.46%
No 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 12:13 AM   #101
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,630
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Darth:

Um, no one was even talking to you. However, since you feel you need to drop in your contribution, I'll address it: I don't think McCain's thread should be titled something lame either--it's just not that kind of forum. We are all adults here. Something like "Electric Boogaloo" belongs in Dew's section, not here. I see Republicans taking this whole Paris Hilton/Electric Boogaloo approach on TV ads, etc. When I come here I expect to discuss these topics in a forum that's not leaning too far in either direction. We need to keep it sophisticated and mature here, and I'm sure Malice would agree.

At any rate, my point is directed to Matt.
Don't be ****ing ridiculous LS, no one has to talk to me in order for me to contribute. This is a messageboard, that's the whole point. I would have hoped you realized this as you were a moderator on this board for a while. This is a very simple concept.

This is no different from when you wanted to have a mature discussion on race issues and called it the Soul-Glo lounge. It's the same damn thing. Frankly, this is a political forum, and not community, but it's still a forum on Superherohype.com. We're entitled to have some fun. If it really offends you to have the Electric Boogaloo in the title so be it. Matt go ahead and change it. It's not my fault you don't appreciate the classic Breakin' 2.

And for the record, I chimed in because I was the one to suggest the name, as a joke. I apologize that you lack any sense of humor.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:15 AM   #102
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 32,384
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanspice View Post
Because it merits repeating:
I don't disagree with that assessment at all. Obama was a media darling and to an extent, a fabrication. But the media did the same thing with Hillary--at one time she too was inevitable.

However, no one is truly "experienced" to run for POTUS unless they're in their second term. So technically speaking, McCain is no more qualified as a former POW, than Hillary is the wife of a former president 15 years ago, etc.

__________________
"Give The Rights Back To Marvel" is officially now a thing.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:19 AM   #103
The Senator
Banned User
 
The Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 12,294
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I don't disagree with that assessment at all. Obama was a media darling and to an extent, a fabrication. But the media did the same thing with Hillary--at one time she too was inevitable.

However, no one is truly "experienced" to run for POTUS unless they're in their second term. So technically speaking, McCain is no more qualified as a former POW, than Hillary is the wife of a former president 15 years ago, etc.
Oh, I agree. Hillary Clinton was groomed to run for President as one of the most covered, scrutinized first ladies in recent history. And the media constantly followed her, too, after she was first elected to the Senate. Her marriage to a former president and her groundbreaking status as the first first lady to be elected to a political office made her a media sensation and helped boost her celebrity-- even amongst those who adamantly disliked her at one point, with a passion.

The Senator is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:21 AM   #104
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 32,384
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Don't be ****ing ridiculous LS, no one has to talk to me in order for me to contribute. This is a messageboard, that's the whole point. I would have hoped you realized this as you were a moderator on this board for a while. This is a very simple concept.
Oh, I realized it. However, when you tell someone to take a stick out of their ass for disagreeing with a biased decision, you kinda have to prepare yourself for a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
This is no different from when you wanted to have a mature discussion on race issues and called it the Soul-Glo lounge. It's the same damn thing. Frankly, this is a political forum, and not community, but it's still a forum on Superherohype.com. We're entitled to have some fun. If it really offends you to have the Electric Boogaloo in the title so be it. Matt go ahead and change it. It's not my fault you don't appreciate the classic Breakin' 2.
When the Soul-Glo lounge was no longer serving the purpose for which it was created, it was I who shut it down. Hopefully, Matt will take a similar stance for what is right here. Because technically? The original Obama thread was no where near the size for "shutting" down like the old Community threads of old.

Basically he Morgified that thread because he hates Obama...and because that thread was clearly more popular than the candidate he's been defending so much lately.

We're not stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
And for the record, I chimed in because I was the one to suggest the name, as a joke. I apologize that you lack any sense of humor.
My sense of humor is perfectly fine Darth. When you recommend something that is actually humorous, I promise that I'll laugh at you. Okay?

__________________
"Give The Rights Back To Marvel" is officially now a thing.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:24 AM   #105
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,630
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

I think you just hate Breakin' 2.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:25 AM   #106
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 32,384
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
I think you just hate Breakin' 2.
I do. But that's beside the point.

Stop changing the subject...I'm staging a coup against Matt here, dammit.

__________________
"Give The Rights Back To Marvel" is officially now a thing.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:26 AM   #107
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,630
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I do. Stop changing the subject...I'm staging a coup against Matt here, dammit.
I really want to hate you, but I can't.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:39 AM   #108
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,831
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

11 thousand posts was excessive. Its not like I closed down the Obama thread and gave you no alternative. You're making a bigger deal out of this than it is. I'm keeping the thread and I'm keeping the name because it amuses me and Breakin' 2 was awesome. Its not a conspiracy against Obama, its not taking the discussion down to a juvenile level, it is a name that you click on to enter the thread, nothing more.

Matt is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:43 AM   #109
The Senator
Banned User
 
The Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 12,294
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
11 thousand posts was excessive. Its not like I closed down the Obama thread and gave you no alternative. You're making a bigger deal out of this than it is. I'm keeping the thread and I'm keeping the name because it amuses me and Breakin' 2 was awesome. Its not a conspiracy against Obama, its not taking the discussion down to a juvenile level, it is a name that you click on to enter the thread, nothing more.
Except the title doesn't amuse us, the Obama supporters, who find it very coincidental that you would give a thread dedicated to a discussion on Obama a ridiculous title which essentially reeks of bias. It seems to be another way for you to indirectly attack him while using your power as a mod to say "**** off, this is the thread I created, it stays."

This is becoming ridiculous.

The Senator is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:43 AM   #110
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 32,384
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
11 thousand posts was excessive. Its not like I closed down the Obama thread and gave you no alternative. You're making a bigger deal out of this than it is. I'm keeping the thread and I'm keeping the name because it amuses me and Breakin' 2 was awesome. Its not a conspiracy against Obama, its not taking the discussion down to a juvenile level, it is a name that you click on to enter the thread, nothing more.
Check your PMs Matt.

__________________
"Give The Rights Back To Marvel" is officially now a thing.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:44 AM   #111
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,831
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanspice View Post
Except the title doesn't amuse us, the Obama supporters, who find it very coincidental that you would give a thread dedicated to a discussion on Obama a ridiculous title which essentially reeks of bias. It seems to be another way for you to indirectly attack him while using your power as a mod to say "**** off, this is the thread I created, it stays."

This is becoming ridiculous.
Its not an attack on him. It is a joke based on one of the recent names of the lounge threads in community (Which close after a certain time to start a new one) and Breakin' 2.

Matt is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:46 AM   #112
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,630
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Matt, save yourself the headache and just change the name. Everything is an attack on Obama, everything is an insult directed towards him. We're officially in the no fun zone. Just change the name, it's not a big deal.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:47 AM   #113
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 32,384
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Its not an attack on him. It is a joke based on one of the recent names of the lounge threads in community (Which close after a certain time to start a new one) and Breakin' 2.
It's lame.

There's no reason why this discussion thread shouldn't be neutral in it's execution like all the others. And the only reason I'm specifically making this a big deal because it smacks of bias--and Matt everyone knows you are far from unbiased in this matter.

As a moderator, you cannot afford to alienate other users based on your own political views. If you have all the other major discussion threads a certain way, that small and simple rule should be consistent in everything.

__________________
"Give The Rights Back To Marvel" is officially now a thing.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:48 AM   #114
The Senator
Banned User
 
The Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 12,294
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Its not an attack on him. It is a joke based on one of the recent names of the lounge threads in community (Which close after a certain time to start a new one) and Breakin' 2.
Whatever.

But the point is, there is suppose to be some seriousness in the attitude of the threads in this forum (at least, that was the impression I was under, and one of the reasons why I continued to post here). And when you see "McCain Thread" below the "Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo," it appears as though Obama is being ridden off by you as an over-hyped hipster. Your own biases don't help your argument, either.

The Senator is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:50 AM   #115
Doomed_hero
Side-Kick
 
Doomed_hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Camelot
Posts: 8,883
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

so....Obama nation............ I just watched a Larry King interview with the guy and he really has no idea what he was talking about. And seeing how he got Obama's wedding date and said Obama was hiding things that where in his auto bio all along, shows how sad this man is.

Sadly i work at a book store and people are buying it up and beliving it fact.

(puts subject out there then slowly leaves room)

__________________
Luke: Never. I'll never turn to the Dark Side. You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.
The Emperor: So be it... Jedi.
Doomed_hero is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:51 AM   #116
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,831
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Lets look at the first post of the McCain thread:

"Let the trash talking commence." Curious that neither of you jumped on that. Yet it is a horrible bias act committed by me (which was someone elses' idea mind you).

I'll change it, because Phere is right, its a headache to try and ration with you guys on this, heaven forbid we have some fun

Matt is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:52 AM   #117
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 32,384
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Matt, save yourself the headache and just change the name. Everything is an attack on Obama, everything is an insult directed towards him. We're officially in the no fun zone. Just change the name, it's not a big deal.
It's not an insult on Obama at all.

It insults my intelligence as a poster. This is not Dew's community where the juvenile stuff is more mainstay. You can't "Soul-Glo" this up, because this thread is devoted to how this country is governed.

In other words, it's a forum for adults. Period.

__________________
"Give The Rights Back To Marvel" is officially now a thing.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:52 AM   #118
The Senator
Banned User
 
The Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 12,294
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Matt, save yourself the headache and just change the name. Everything is an attack on Obama, everything is an insult directed towards him. We're officially in the no fun zone. Just change the name, it's not a big deal.
It has nothing to do with "no fun."

We already have a lounge in this forum, and if he wants to close it and replace it with "Politics Lounge 2: Electric Boogaloo," I could give two ****s less.

But this is a thread dedicated to one of the two mainstream presidential candidates. It should have some neutrality in the title, it shouldn't appear as if it some sort of bombastic thread filled with jokes and childish humor. There is enough of that on the community forum, we don't need that here in what was suppose to be a civilized, mature forum.

The Senator is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:55 AM   #119
The Senator
Banned User
 
The Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 12,294
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Lets look at the first post of the McCain thread:

"Let the trash talking commence." Curious that neither of you jumped on that. Yet it is a horrible bias act committed by me (which was someone elses' idea mind you).

I'll change it, because Phere is right, its a headache to try and ration with you guys on this, heaven forbid we have some fun
comicbookgirl is an absolute idiot and I thought that went without saying.

YOU, meanwhile, are suppose to be better than that, considering you are a mod. You can have your opinion, you can have your fun, but do not do it in a way which reflects poorly on you and makes the candidate in the title of the thread look like a moron. You could have called it "Obama Thread 2" and had your first post say "He's black Zack Efron!" and I wouldn't have cared, at all.

But the title lacks the maturity this whole forum was suppose to have, the maturity you yourself criticized other posters for lacking on numerous occasions (you even stickied a thread on that exact subject, if I remember correctly).

The Senator is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:56 AM   #120
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 32,384
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Lets look at the first post of the McCain thread:

"Let the trash talking commence." Curious that neither of you jumped on that. Yet it is a horrible bias act committed by me (which was someone elses' idea mind you).
I didn't "jump in" because I rarely visit that thread and missed the first few pages altogether. I have no vested interest in McCain. However, if you named the thread: "John McCain: King Of Depends" I'd roll my eyes and say something to you about that as well.

Malice made it clear when he started this spot how we were to handle it. Keep it sophisticated. We can have a "Jokes" thread devoted to the candidates...that's fine. But the Official joints need to be neutrally-titled because they contain opposing viewpoints.

Um....why can't you see this???

__________________
"Give The Rights Back To Marvel" is officially now a thing.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:57 AM   #121
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,630
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanspice View Post
It has nothing to do with "no fun."

We already have a lounge in this forum, and if he wants to close it and replace it with "Politics Lounge 2: Electric Boogaloo," I could give two ****s less.

But this is a thread dedicated to one of the two mainstream presidential candidates. It should have some neutrality in the title, it shouldn't appear as if it some sort of bombastic thread filled with jokes and childish humor. There is enough of that on the community forum, we don't need that here in what was suppose to be a civilized, mature forum.
Yeah you keep saying that, yet you show no proof on how the thread title showed any bias. It was a joke, admittedly, a lame one, but a joke based on it being a sequel thread.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:58 AM   #122
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 32,384
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanspice View Post
But the title lacks the maturity this whole forum was suppose to have, the maturity you yourself criticized other posters for lacking on numerous occasions (you even stickied a thread on that exact subject, if I remember correctly).

I wasn't even going to go there...but I'm glad you mentioned that point. I was thinking the exact frigging same thing.

__________________
"Give The Rights Back To Marvel" is officially now a thing.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:59 AM   #123
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 32,384
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Yeah you keep saying that, yet you show no proof on how the thread title showed any bias. It was a joke, admittedly, a lame one, but a joke based on it being a sequel thread.
This is your fault! You brought the Suck in on all of us.

__________________
"Give The Rights Back To Marvel" is officially now a thing.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 01:00 AM   #124
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,630
Default Re: Obama Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
This is your fault! You brought the Suck in on all of us.
It's a joke!

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 01:03 AM   #125
Marx
Pixelated
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,034
Default Re: Obama Thread 2

Wow...the name thing got completely out of hand.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.