The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 11:19 AM   #51
Mr Sparkle
Banned User
 
Mr Sparkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tamarubuchi HQ.
Posts: 14,532
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
He was talking about the Hollywood, liberal elite.

But - come on - he at times makes the type of un-PC jokes all of us do.
oh, I get it, you like him so he gets a free pass.
un-pc had nothing to do with his pandering.

Mr Sparkle is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #52
kane9321
oakland's finest
 
kane9321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: all in yo grill!
Posts: 12,394
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

glenn beck is Bill O'Reilly light, thats all i got

__________________
GO 49ERS....FAITHFUL TO THE END
GO SHARKS GO..QUEST FOR THE CUP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
kane9321 is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #53
SuBe
Voluntaryist
 
SuBe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Libertopia
Posts: 11,917
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

Has anyone else read his new book "An Inconvienant Book"?

__________________
Hype! FAIRTAX Thead, ask any question at:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=290666
or http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=347909


"Everyday that Congress meets, you lose a little bit more of your Liberty"
SuBe is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #54
Mr Sparkle
Banned User
 
Mr Sparkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tamarubuchi HQ.
Posts: 14,532
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
He is a Mormon-Libertarian who has a style that works for some and infuriates others.
" others " being, " people who think" .

Mr Sparkle is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 11:49 AM   #55
SuBe
Voluntaryist
 
SuBe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Libertopia
Posts: 11,917
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sparkle View Post
" others " being, " people who think" .
"People who think", so what you believe in is Diversity, just not Diveristy of Thought, right? You just hate Conservative Ideology don't you Sparky?

__________________
Hype! FAIRTAX Thead, ask any question at:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=290666
or http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=347909


"Everyday that Congress meets, you lose a little bit more of your Liberty"
SuBe is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 12:02 PM   #56
Mr Sparkle
Banned User
 
Mr Sparkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tamarubuchi HQ.
Posts: 14,532
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanBeyond View Post
"People who think", so what you believe in is Diversity, just not Diveristy of Thought, right? You just hate Conservative Ideology don't you Sparky?
hahaha! I curse the day you read that and someone told you to think that.
you have done nothing but to recycle that line again and again and again and again, for a " thinking person" you're kind of proving my point by parroting that line over and over you know?

and I didn't know relishing the material losses of an entire state because you think it ideologically opossed to you was too welcoming of " diversity of thought" do you?

Mr Sparkle is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 01:05 PM   #57
bunk
superhero fan
 
bunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,481
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

It sounds like the consensus is: "He's a douchbag but still mildly funny".

Go, Glenn Beck.

__________________
If a ghost exists, that means the world's broken. — Howard Kremer
bunk is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #58
Apollo
Side-Kick
 
Apollo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,702
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

This just In, Glen Beck turns Liberal after Near Death Experience!

Apollo is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 02:24 PM   #59
Zero_Vault
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 612
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
He never cries in the video.

But he is in pain because he almost died.
How?

What kind of operation did he undergo?

Zero_Vault is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #60
SuBe
Voluntaryist
 
SuBe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Libertopia
Posts: 11,917
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Vault View Post
How?

What kind of operation did he undergo?
I have been told that he had woken up during surgery. It traumatized him. Whether that is true I don't know.

__________________
Hype! FAIRTAX Thead, ask any question at:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=290666
or http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=347909


"Everyday that Congress meets, you lose a little bit more of your Liberty"
SuBe is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #61
StorminNorman
Banned User
 
StorminNorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 30,658
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sparkle View Post
oh, I get it, you like him so he gets a free pass.
un-pc had nothing to do with his pandering.
I defend Bill Maher?

But, you know, its adorable that you tried


Last edited by StorminNorman; 01-07-2008 at 05:44 PM.
StorminNorman is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 03:47 PM   #62
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
I defend Bill Maur?

But, you know, its adorable that you tried
ignore sparkle, if you say something he doesn't like, he will embark on an unrelentless journey against you to attack your character and credibility.

as far as glenn beck goes, i'm not a fan. a friend of mine is, and watches his show all the time, so when i'd go to his house, he'd have glenn beck on a lot of times. he's also shown me some videos online from his show.

yea, i'm not particularly a fan of his.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #63
StorminNorman
Banned User
 
StorminNorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 30,658
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
ignore sparkle, if you say something he doesn't like, he will embark on an unrelentless journey against you to attack your character and credibility.

as far as glenn beck goes, i'm not a fan. a friend of mine is, and watches his show all the time, so when i'd go to his house, he'd have glenn beck on a lot of times. he's also shown me some videos online from his show.

yea, i'm not particularly a fan of his.
I have run into Sparkle many times before. I know who he is - how is style is. You are not incorrect.

I certainly understand that Glenn Beck isn't for everyone - but trying to make hell over a joke like some were doing is simply ridiculous.

StorminNorman is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #64
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
I have run into Sparkle many times before. I know who he is - how is style is. You are not incorrect.

I certainly understand that Glenn Beck isn't for everyone - but trying to make hell over a joke like some were doing is simply ridiculous.
agreed.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #65
Mr Sparkle
Banned User
 
Mr Sparkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tamarubuchi HQ.
Posts: 14,532
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
I defend Bill Maur?

But, you know, its adorable that you tried
hahahaha! who's Bill Maur?
now THAT'S adorable, not to mention Ironic.

Mr Sparkle is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #66
Mr Sparkle
Banned User
 
Mr Sparkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tamarubuchi HQ.
Posts: 14,532
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
I have run into Sparkle many times before. I know who he is - how is style is. You are not incorrect.

I certainly understand that Glenn Beck isn't for everyone - but trying to make hell over a joke like some were doing is simply ridiculous.
I hope my "style" makes more sense than yours.
though, I seem to remember that on most occasions I simply point out how you're wrong, you weakly try to defend yourself with some ill constructed non-argument and then simply fade into obscurity, because well, you happen to realize how you're wrong.
I mean, do you remember that time that we were discussing terrorism and I said that far less people had died in the US under Clinton and you went off on a sad tangent about how technically ( because people die natural death all the time) thousands had died under Clinton?
that was pretty sad.
I like how I turned on my television set during the days of the Fires and saw some old woman cry and beg God to spare her house.
I'm sure she would've written off his comments as a "fun little joke" as well?
yeah.

Mr Sparkle is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #67
StorminNorman
Banned User
 
StorminNorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 30,658
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sparkle View Post
I hope my "style" makes more sense than yours.
though, I seem to remember that on most occasions I simply point out how you're wrong, you weakly try to defend yourself with some ill constructed non-argument and then simply fade into obscurity, because well, you happen to realize how you're wrong.
I mean, do you remember that time that we were discussing terrorism and I said that far less people had died in the US under Clinton and you went off on a sad tangent about how technically ( because people die natural death all the time) thousands had died under Clinton?
that was pretty sad.
I like how I turned on my television set during the days of the Fires and saw some old woman cry and beg God to spare her house.
I'm sure she would've written off his comments as a "fun little joke" as well?
yeah.
You have never "proved me wrong" - in fact I remember several times we went days arguing a point only for me to find one day that you abandoned a topic. Odd, no?

My comment about people dying under Clinton was obviously a smart ass /tongue in cheek remark that you went on to make a big deal about - as evidenced here.

Naturally she would of been insulted by the remark - however she was not the one Beck was jabbing it, it was Hollywood. Which, was quite obvious.

StorminNorman is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 05:43 PM   #68
StorminNorman
Banned User
 
StorminNorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 30,658
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sparkle View Post
hahahaha! who's Bill Maur?
now THAT'S adorable, not to mention Ironic.
I misspelt Bill Maher's name, you seem to find capitalizing the first letter of a sentence. Fine.

None the less, your assertion that I defend Beck only because I agree with him (which I frequently do not) is absurd.

StorminNorman is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #69
Secret_Riddle
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bristol
Posts: 3,403
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

I do get O'reilly vibes.

Secret_Riddle is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #70
Mr Sparkle
Banned User
 
Mr Sparkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tamarubuchi HQ.
Posts: 14,532
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
You have never "proved me wrong" - in fact I remember several times we went days arguing a point only for me to find one day that you abandoned a topic. Odd, no?
ahaha! that has never happened, projection is an odd thing NO? AHAHAHAHA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
My comment about people dying under Clinton was obviously a smart ass /tongue in cheek remark that you went on to make a big deal about - as evidenced here.
no, actually it wasn't as it was carried over several posts and you're just not man enough to admit.
as evidenced uh...pretty much everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
Naturally she would of been insulted by the remark - however she was not the one Beck was jabbing it, it was Hollywood. Which, was quite obvious.
really?

"I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today."

but, yeah, it was a good natured jab, oh-ho-ho! my ribs, they tickle.
yeah, it's totally obvious that he meant Hollywood.
I'm sure that since there were probably some child molesters in the region of the Tsunami ( it's statistically possible) I could've claimed:

"a handful of child molesters drowned and had their homes destroyed today!"

and that be "totally un-pc and awesome" in your book?
hahaha! puh-leese

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
I misspelt Bill Maher's name, you seem to find capitalizing the first letter of a sentence. Fine.

None the less, your assertion that I defend Beck only because I agree with him (which I frequently do not) is absurd.
mine comes from not knowing and NOT caring about some of the more basic grammar rules, that's hardly comparable to you going all "hooked on phonics" suddenly.
and you confuse "assumption" with assertion, because defending someone like this guy? well, short of agreeing with him I find nothing defensible.
so maybe that's it.

Mr Sparkle is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 06:07 PM   #71
Mr Sparkle
Banned User
 
Mr Sparkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tamarubuchi HQ.
Posts: 14,532
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

plus, he did ask a Muslim congressman "hey, how do I know you're not a terrorist?" hahahaha not racist or stupid at all, like asking Obama to change his name ( how about a good Christian name like Bill or George) but yeah, awesome!

Mr Sparkle is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 07:14 PM   #72
StorminNorman
Banned User
 
StorminNorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 30,658
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sparkle View Post
ahaha! that has never happened, projection is an odd thing NO? AHAHAHAHA!
:teol:

Quote:
no, actually it wasn't as it was carried over several posts and you're just not man enough to admit.
as evidenced uh...pretty much everywhere.
Not quite how it happened

Quote:
really?

"I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today."

but, yeah, it was a good natured jab, oh-ho-ho! my ribs, they tickle.
yeah, it's totally obvious that he meant Hollywood.
I'm sure that since there were probably some child molesters in the region of the Tsunami ( it's statistically possible) I could've claimed:

"a handful of child molesters drowned and had their homes destroyed today!"

and that be "totally un-pc and awesome" in your book?
hahaha! puh-leese
He constantly remarks about members of Hollywood being anti-American. The fires were impacting many members of Hollywood. That was his point.

I personally did find the joke funny. I saw that it could have - and probably should of been seen as bad taste. Regardless - I have laughed at many jokes that could be classified as "bad taste" in the past. I am not going to call a guy evil because of it.

StorminNorman is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #73
Superhobo
Banned User
 
Superhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: McMurdo
Posts: 6,255
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

If I remember correctly, wasn't he one of the idiots who called Happy Feet 'liberal propaganda?'


Yeah, this guy isn't an idiot at all.

Superhobo is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #74
Mr Sparkle
Banned User
 
Mr Sparkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tamarubuchi HQ.
Posts: 14,532
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
He constantly remarks about members of Hollywood being anti-American. The fires were impacting many members of Hollywood. That was his point.

I personally did find the joke funny. I saw that it could have - and probably should of been seen as bad taste. Regardless - I have laughed at many jokes that could be classified as "bad taste" in the past. I am not going to call a guy evil because of it.
so he meant Hollywood?
even though some the largest fires were near to San Diego?
wow, he is an even bigger idiot than I thought before, because not only was the joke not funny but it was badly constructed.

so yeah, **** him, basically.

Mr Sparkle is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #75
Shifty
Chief of Surgery
 
Shifty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: The Knickerbocker Hospital
Posts: 13,778
Default Re: Who the hell is Glenn Beck?

So he apparently had hemorrhoids, and was in to get them treated.

__________________
We're a hospital. We need cocaine to exist.
- Dr. John Thackery
#TheKnick
Shifty is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.