The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2006, 08:33 PM   #51
8Ball2/JanG5
Side-Kick
 
8Ball2/JanG5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: i'mthemost isuppose ucouldntpossibly buttermytoast
Posts: 956
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

No she wouldn't. Conservatives LIKE opressors, they just don't say it in those words. They really believe people shouldn't be free. They honestly believe everybody should be prim, proper, upstanding, and obide by the rules of society and never stray from the norm. They believe FREEDOM is bad for people, because people are too weak to handle freedom, because people are too weak to not have a STRONG leader who knows the path and can stay the course.

The only thing that irks me is when conservatives think we all need God.

8Ball2/JanG5 is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 08:33 PM   #52
bored
One Sexy Lemur
 
bored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: sitting in my nowhere land
Posts: 13,275
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Ball2/JanG5
"Godless: The Church of Liberalism"

Why the **** is religon still so tied into politics today????!?? WHY?!?!?!?

I need answers.

So wing-nuts can warp it to their advantage.

__________________
COPYWRITED
IMAGE
bored is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #53
deemar325
Side-Kick
 
deemar325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: I live in the SHH
Posts: 12,624
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon
Try backwards:


Sordid Serpentine Ann Coulter
Good one.


****ty Slurpper Ann Coulter

__________________
I'm back Beotches! Make way!!
deemar325 is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 08:36 PM   #54
deemar325
Side-Kick
 
deemar325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: I live in the SHH
Posts: 12,624
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Scaly Sleestak Ann Coulter

__________________
I'm back Beotches! Make way!!
deemar325 is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #55
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 69,072
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Ball2/JanG5
No she wouldn't. Conservatives LIKE opressors, they just don't say it in those words. They really believe people shouldn't be free. They honestly believe everybody should be prim, proper, upstanding, and obide by the rules of society and never stray from the norm. They believe FREEDOM is bad for people, because people are too weak to handle freedom, because people are too weak to not have a STRONG leader who knows the path and can stay the course.

The only thing that irks me is when conservatives think we all need God.
What irks me is when people make sweeping statements....

I happen to be a "fiscal" conservative and a "social" liberal.....many who don't know me might put me in the conservative box.....I am conservative in some respects.....so a sweeping statement such as yours....misses alot....BUT those sweeping statements go both ways...

__________________

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:00 PM   #56
Slipknot
Side-Kick
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 12,801
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.


__________________
Carved by the wind
And the fall of water
From the treetops
I can see the end of a time
Slipknot is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:04 PM   #57
deemar325
Side-Kick
 
deemar325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: I live in the SHH
Posts: 12,624
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot
Yep, she needs a time-out.

__________________
I'm back Beotches! Make way!!
deemar325 is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:05 PM   #58
bored
One Sexy Lemur
 
bored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: sitting in my nowhere land
Posts: 13,275
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Quote:
Senator calls Coulter 'shameless'
06/07/2006 @ 5:03 pm
Filed by RAW STORY


From a release to RAW STORY.

Advertisement
#
WASHINGTON, D.C. – United States Senator Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ) issued the following statement today in response to remarks made by right-wing pundit and author Ann Coulter.

“Ms. Coulter’s shameless attack on the victims of the worst act of terrorism in American history can only engender disgust at her tasteless statements when she asserts that their husbands’ deaths bring them joy. Her bookselling antics and accompanying vulgarity deserve our deepest contempt.

Her foul remarks trivialize the deaths of every single person who died that terrible day, including the lives of those brave police officers and firefighters who ran into those burning buildings,” said Senator Lautenberg.

Of course, he's a Democart, so she'll just make another smartass comment about it and move on.

__________________
COPYWRITED
IMAGE
bored is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:09 PM   #59
Wilhelm-Scream
Banned User
 
Wilhelm-Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: C@L
Posts: 46,309
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Remember that recent thread about "How easily do you laugh?"? and I said, "My challenge is that I laugh at tragedy."?

Well
Quote:
"Having my husband burn alive in a building brought me no joy,"
just, hahaha, made me laugh.
What a silly thing to say.


Anyway, I love Ann Coulter and she must NOT go away, until she dies of natural causes. I love her almost as much as I love Al Franken.

Wilhelm-Scream is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:09 PM   #60
Abaddon
Watching
 
Abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Riding an elephant in a snake
Posts: 38,941
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Does anyone actually listen to her?I mean seriously,who's going to buy that ****ing book?

Abaddon is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:10 PM   #61
Slipknot
Side-Kick
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 12,801
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemar325
Yep, she needs a time-out.
I'm reading some of her quotes... amazing. I cannot believe she is actually liked by anyone of the face of the planet...


"My only problem with Tim Mcvay is that he did not go to the New York Times Buiding."

"The terrorists that attacked the United States on 9/11 were Arabs. Therefore, all Arabs are terrorists."

"Liberals hate America."
"Liberals hate all religions except Islam."
"Democrats actually hate working-class people."

"Liberals hate society."

"There are no good democrats"

"People like you caused us to lose the war." (to a disabled Vietnam Veteran)

"Thats the whole point of being a liberal: to feel superior to people with less money."

"The thing I like about Bush is I think he hates liberals."

"My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism."

"We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors."

__________________
Carved by the wind
And the fall of water
From the treetops
I can see the end of a time
Slipknot is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:17 PM   #62
Wilhelm-Scream
Banned User
 
Wilhelm-Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: C@L
Posts: 46,309
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot
I'm reading some of her quotes... amazing. I cannot believe she is actually liked by anyone of the face of the planet...


"My only problem with Tim Mcvay is that he did not go to the New York Times Buiding."

"The terrorists that attacked the United States on 9/11 were Arabs. Therefore, all Arabs are terrorists."

"Liberals hate America."
"Liberals hate all religions except Islam."
"Democrats actually hate working-class people."

"Liberals hate society."

"There are no good democrats"

"People like you caused us to lose the war." (to a disabled Vietnam Veteran)

"Thats the whole point of being a liberal: to feel superior to people with less money."

"The thing I like about Bush is I think he hates liberals."

"My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism."

"We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors."

Can you provide some documentation on those shocking quotes, 'cause 1) I know she's intelligent, and 2) there are a lot of people still who believe that "Landover Baptist" is a real Christian church...so,...

But yeah, I found this cool collection of quotes from "The American Taliban" that'll make your head spin:

EDIT: Oh CRAP!
I had "The American Taliban" on "favorites" for a year or so, just went to reference it, and LO and beHOLD, it's been shut DOWN...and the person who made it has an apology for the fact that it's gone and makes a disclaimer that he/she feels bad that he/she has no way of verifying the quotes.

hMMmmmMMMm.

Wilhelm-Scream is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:23 PM   #63
8Ball2/JanG5
Side-Kick
 
8Ball2/JanG5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: i'mthemost isuppose ucouldntpossibly buttermytoast
Posts: 956
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAfan
What irks me is when people make sweeping statements....

I happen to be a "fiscal" conservative and a "social" liberal.....many who don't know me might put me in the conservative box.....I am conservative in some respects.....so a sweeping statement such as yours....misses alot....BUT those sweeping statements go both ways...
I understand that, which is why I didn't want to justify myself. I was talking about the overall trends, again, I didn't want to try to be PC. I'm talking more about the views of "social" conservatives. I find it odd that there IS a large group of church loving social conservatives, very large. It may not even be the majority, but it's still way too large.

And, I agree, where did you get those quotes???


Last edited by 8Ball2/JanG5; 06-07-2006 at 09:26 PM.
8Ball2/JanG5 is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:27 PM   #64
Wilhelm-Scream
Banned User
 
Wilhelm-Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: C@L
Posts: 46,309
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Ball2/JanG5
I find it odd that there IS a large group of church loving social conservatives, very large. It may not even be the majority, but it's still way too large.
It's "TOO" large?
So, what do you propose we do about that excessively large group, Himmler?

I guess you're thanking your lucky stars that America isn't really a Democracy!

Wilhelm-Scream is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:28 PM   #65
8Ball2/JanG5
Side-Kick
 
8Ball2/JanG5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: i'mthemost isuppose ucouldntpossibly buttermytoast
Posts: 956
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Oh you know, kill th... ahem.

Talk to them. Ask them what their thing is with Jesus? Ask them what it means to be a Christian and an American and if those are really the same thing.

Quote:
I guess you're thanking your lucky stars that America isn't really a Democracy!
I don't think religon should be used as a tool in religon at all. This is all in response to the claim that liberals are godless. Under free speech the claim should be able to be made, but I'd hope for a society that would know that claim is outrageous.

8Ball2/JanG5 is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:29 PM   #66
cass
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,115
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Ball2/JanG5
I understand that, which is why I didn't want to justify myself. I was talking about the overall trends, again, I didn't want to try to be PC. I'm talking more about the views of "social" conservatives. I find it odd that there IS a large group of church loving social conservatives, very large. It may not even be the majority, but it's still way too large.

And, I agree, where did you get those quotes???
So much for liberals being about tolerance, eh?

cass is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:30 PM   #67
Abaddon
Watching
 
Abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Riding an elephant in a snake
Posts: 38,941
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

why not just send them on a rocket ship to the sun?

Abaddon is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:30 PM   #68
Abaddon
Watching
 
Abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Riding an elephant in a snake
Posts: 38,941
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cass
So much for liberals being about tolerance, eh?

Right,because he represents all liberals.

Abaddon is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:31 PM   #69
8Ball2/JanG5
Side-Kick
 
8Ball2/JanG5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: i'mthemost isuppose ucouldntpossibly buttermytoast
Posts: 956
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cass
So much for liberals being about tolerance, eh?
Nothing wrong with church loving and also happening to have a certain political stance, but i'm talking about the absolute marriage between those views, as if they are not seperate at all. I don't like the fact that anyone can say something like "You Godless Liberals" and people will actually listen to them.

8Ball2/JanG5 is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:33 PM   #70
cass
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,115
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Ball2/JanG5
Nothing wrong with church loving and also happening to have a certain political stance, but i'm talking about the absolute marriage between those views, as if they are not seperate at all.
Oh, sorry that people actually stand up for stuff they believe it.

cass is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:34 PM   #71
Carter
Banned User
 
Carter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Not staring at it, eating it.
Posts: 13,805
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

There were some women who spent their husband's benefits on crap.
I remember one bought a load of shoes.

I'm sure the media has twisted this whole thing and blown it out of proportion.

Carter is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:34 PM   #72
Wilhelm-Scream
Banned User
 
Wilhelm-Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: C@L
Posts: 46,309
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Ball2/JanG5
I don't think religon should be used as a tool in religon at all.
guh, WHA?!?

Wilhelm-Scream is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:34 PM   #73
8Ball2/JanG5
Side-Kick
 
8Ball2/JanG5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: i'mthemost isuppose ucouldntpossibly buttermytoast
Posts: 956
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

I don't think religion should be used as a tool in POLITICS at all.

I don't think you guys should be able to mix up politics and religion at all. Sorry, religious views are so varying and exclusive, it's unfair. What would you call america? A Christian America? See, it's too exclusive.


Last edited by 8Ball2/JanG5; 06-07-2006 at 09:37 PM.
8Ball2/JanG5 is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:35 PM   #74
Corinthian™
<insert witty title>
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Not around you
Posts: 14,773
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cass
So much for liberals being about tolerance, eh?
liberals are just as tolerant as Republicans, which are just as tolerant as independant which are just as tolerant as EVERY ****ING PERSON IN THIS ****ING WORLD


Intolerancy, as humane as you can come


idiot

__________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons,
for you are crunchy and good with ketchup


teh meh™
Corinthian™ is offline  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:37 PM   #75
Wilhelm-Scream
Banned User
 
Wilhelm-Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: C@L
Posts: 46,309
Default Re: Ann Coulter needs to go away.

Proper Wording > 8Ball2/JanG5

Wilhelm-Scream is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.