The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 12-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #76
GuardianofOa
Side-Kick

Default Re: Anyone else dislike people who are overly homophobic?

Yes, I do.

Originally Posted by SuperFerret
Girls should never have saggy man boobs.
GuardianofOa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #77
GuardianofOa
Side-Kick

Yes, I do.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #78
GuardianofOa
Side-Kick

Yes, I do.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:54 PM   #79
terry78
Will you shut up?!

I think a lot of people are honestly uncomfortable with it, but there is a difference between ignorance on the lifestyle and just blatantly spewing hatred about it. My mom is not a fan of the homosexual lifestyle, yet in the same breath she says they can do what they want.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:54 PM   #80
terry78
Will you shut up?!

I think a lot of people are honestly uncomfortable with it, but there is a difference between ignorance on the lifestyle and just blatantly spewing hatred about it. My mom is not a fan of the homosexual lifestyle, yet in the same breath she says they can do what they want.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:54 PM   #81
terry78
Will you shut up?!

Old 12-28-2007, 01:01 PM   #82
Fledermaus
Side-Kick

I've got some friends who are VERY homophobic. They turn their head if a guy kisses a guy on a movie. They won't even attempt to watch Jackass or Wildboyz. It's just a f#cking show.

"The Lord provides, there may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can get a piece whenever they feel like."

- Dennis

Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:01 PM   #83
Fledermaus
Side-Kick

I've got some friends who are VERY homophobic. They turn their head if a guy kisses a guy on a movie. They won't even attempt to watch Jackass or Wildboyz. It's just a f#cking show.

"The Lord provides, there may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can get a piece whenever they feel like."

- Dennis

Old 12-28-2007, 01:01 PM   #84
Fledermaus
Side-Kick

- Dennis

Old 12-28-2007, 01:10 PM   #85
kainedamo
Banned User

Yeah I completely agree Fanticon.

Guys like that are beyond bigots... they're living in another ****ing reality, they're ****ing weirdos.

You can sort of divide bigots into different groups. One group would be guys that feel uncomfortable around gay people, have a few opinions about how they shouldn't have kids and that kind of thing, but can generally get along ok with it, they don't take it too far. Then you got guys that absolutely possitively cannot handle homosexuality in any context. Its ridiculous. Its freaky how serious they can be about it.

One example is when I was younger, about 17, I was out with this friend just hitting different bars. We saw a group of guys on a dancefloor making complete tits out of themselves, doing all these funny dances, obviously very drunk. I was sitting there laughing at them really. My friend kept saying they're gay, and I realized he was being serious. They're not gay just because they're dancing like nutcases, you idiot.

Thats not the best example, but I totally know what you mean Fanticon.

So ya gotta wonder why these dudes have ended up like this. Have they had a very anti-homosexual upbringing? Have they always hung around in very super-macho groups of dudes where you wouldn't dare say anything even slightly complimentary about another guy? I dunno. Either way, they harbour... I wouldn't even say homophobic. I'd just say plain immature views that verge on being totally wacky views.

kainedamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:10 PM   #86
kainedamo
Banned User

Guys like that are beyond bigots... they're living in another ****ing reality, they're ****ing weirdos.

You can sort of divide bigots into different groups. One group would be guys that feel uncomfortable around gay people, have a few opinions about how they shouldn't have kids and that kind of thing, but can generally get along ok with it, they don't take it too far. Then you got guys that absolutely possitively cannot handle homosexuality in any context. Its ridiculous. Its freaky how serious they can be about it.

One example is when I was younger, about 17, I was out with this friend just hitting different bars. We saw a group of guys on a dancefloor making complete tits out of themselves, doing all these funny dances, obviously very drunk. I was sitting there laughing at them really. My friend kept saying they're gay, and I realized he was being serious. They're not gay just because they're dancing like nutcases, you idiot.

So ya gotta wonder why these dudes have ended up like this. Have they had a very anti-homosexual upbringing? Have they always hung around in very super-macho groups of dudes where you wouldn't dare say anything even slightly complimentary about another guy? I dunno. Either way, they harbour... I wouldn't even say homophobic. I'd just say plain immature views that verge on being totally wacky views.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:10 PM   #87
kainedamo
Banned User

Old 12-28-2007, 01:12 PM   #88
DV8
Band Loser

yeah . . . it does bug me when people are so blatantly homophobic . . . granted, I've been known to say that something I don't like is 'gay', but that's just a habit from saying it in high school . . .

anyway, I know that deep inside, these homophobes are only the way they are because it challenges their own beliefs and I think they are subconsciously afraid that they could become gay themselves at any moment . . . really, it's sad

I think they all need a big, gay hug

avvy compliments of Duende Verde
DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:12 PM   #89
DV8
Band Loser

yeah . . . it does bug me when people are so blatantly homophobic . . . granted, I've been known to say that something I don't like is 'gay', but that's just a habit from saying it in high school . . .

anyway, I know that deep inside, these homophobes are only the way they are because it challenges their own beliefs and I think they are subconsciously afraid that they could become gay themselves at any moment . . . really, it's sad

Old 12-28-2007, 01:12 PM   #90
DV8
Band Loser

Old 12-28-2007, 01:13 PM   #91
Fanticon
Sneaky-Snake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
I have a few friends who used to love jackass when it first came out and then stopped watching it because "they started doing all that gay s#!t"

Fanticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:13 PM   #92
Fanticon
Sneaky-Snake!

Quote:
I have a few friends who used to love jackass when it first came out and then stopped watching it because "they started doing all that gay s#!t"

Old 12-28-2007, 01:13 PM   #93
Fanticon
Sneaky-Snake!

Quote:

Old 12-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #94
kainedamo
Banned User

Yeah I think thats true too DV8.

The more outspokenly homophobic a guy is and the more ridiculous his statements, "you wanna meet a guy?!?", the more you gotta suspect they're harbouring homosexual feelings themselves and don't know how to deal with it.

I'd also say these guys are more likely to become rapists. Just as another way to prove to themselves they're not gay.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #95
kainedamo
Banned User

The more outspokenly homophobic a guy is and the more ridiculous his statements, "you wanna meet a guy?!?", the more you gotta suspect they're harbouring homosexual feelings themselves and don't know how to deal with it.

I'd also say these guys are more likely to become rapists. Just as another way to prove to themselves they're not gay.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #96
kainedamo
Banned User

Old 12-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #97
terry78
Will you shut up?!

Questioning your sexuality is the biggest insult to any straight man, even if he doesn't care. If others have the slightest inkling that you may play for the other team, suddenly they look at you different. There's an area downtown Chicago called Boys Town which is more or less the gay mecca, and I do have a few gay clients that shockingly enough, need computers or IT stuff sometimes. I mention it to my cousins and they're like, "dude, you actually had to go up there with those ****? That is ****ed up." Yeah.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #98
terry78
Will you shut up?!

Questioning your sexuality is the biggest insult to any straight man, even if he doesn't care. If others have the slightest inkling that you may play for the other team, suddenly they look at you different. There's an area downtown Chicago called Boys Town which is more or less the gay mecca, and I do have a few gay clients that shockingly enough, need computers or IT stuff sometimes. I mention it to my cousins and they're like, "dude, you actually had to go up there with those ****? That is ****ed up." Yeah.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #99
terry78
Will you shut up?!

Old 12-28-2007, 01:18 PM   #100
Fledermaus
Side-Kick

They think you'll become 'gay by association.' Then, so will they.

Oh, by the way. This thread is totally gay.

- Dennis