The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #4751
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 26,339
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Oh those gay cards need revoked right now. *sassy finger snap*

__________________
You can fit like 3 more scenes if you play the chorus twice like in the actual song.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #4752
Bathead
The Oldest Geek
 
Bathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sumwear in Pencilvainya
Posts: 6,209
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Ah, Marx, good on you, mate. Here's to ya.

__________________
Little fly upon the wall,
Ain't you got no friends at all?
Wanna see God?
*splat*
Bathead is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #4753
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 37,080
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
You want to talk about busting stereotypes? Back in Vancouver, I used to know some guys who belonged to a gay custom and classic car club. What's the world coming to ...
Nothing makes sense anymore!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #4754
Marx
Pixelated
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,034
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Oh those gay cards need revoked right now. *sassy finger snap*
I'll revoke you!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
Ah, Marx, good on you, mate. Here's to ya.
Thanks man.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #4755
Pink Ranger
Happy Mothers' Day
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 32,343
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Nothing makes sense anymore!
"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together ... mass hysteria!!!"

__________________
Mandroid. Mercenary. Scientist. Ninja. Each one a specialist. Together they are ...

ELIMINATORS!
Coming January 31, 1986, to VHS and video CD
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #4756
lixdexia
Blood Angels
 
lixdexia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 27,971
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together ... mass hysteria!!!"
there is never a bad time for that line

__________________
INTENSITY
INTEGRITY
INTELLIGENCE

dictated, not read.
lixdexia is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #4757
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 37,080
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together ... mass hysteria!!!"
"...That's a big Twinkie."

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #4758
Marx
Pixelated
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,034
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together ... mass hysteria!!!"

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #4759
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 26,339
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

That's where teh ghey gets you.

__________________
You can fit like 3 more scenes if you play the chorus twice like in the actual song.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #4760
Pink Ranger
Happy Mothers' Day
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 32,343
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Vancouver also has a couple of gay hockey teams, gay soccer teams and a gay bowling league.

Vancouver and British Columbia always has a strange culture built from geographic isolation: an ocean to the west, sub-arctic land to the north, a mountain range to the east and Washington state to the south: basically surrounded by uninhabitable places all around.

__________________
Mandroid. Mercenary. Scientist. Ninja. Each one a specialist. Together they are ...

ELIMINATORS!
Coming January 31, 1986, to VHS and video CD
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #4761
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 37,080
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
Vancouver also has a couple of gay hockey teams, gay soccer teams and a gay bowling league.

Vancouver and British Columbia always has a strange culture built from geographic isolation: an ocean to the west, sub-arctic land to the north, a mountain range to the east and Washington state to the south: basically surrounded by uninhabitable places all around.


In the Fringe alternate universe, Washington is named Southern British Columbia.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #4762
Pink Ranger
Happy Mothers' Day
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 32,343
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Just like Buffalo, NY could be renamed South Toronto. Not that we'd want to absorb that craphole anyway.

__________________
Mandroid. Mercenary. Scientist. Ninja. Each one a specialist. Together they are ...

ELIMINATORS!
Coming January 31, 1986, to VHS and video CD
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #4763
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 37,080
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Watch out. There's been rumors of the Buffalo Bills moving to Toronto all season.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #4764
lixdexia
Blood Angels
 
lixdexia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 27,971
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Watch out. There's been rumors of the Buffalo Bills moving to Toronto all season.
that's really gonna upset both of their fans

__________________
INTENSITY
INTEGRITY
INTELLIGENCE

dictated, not read.
lixdexia is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #4765
Pink Ranger
Happy Mothers' Day
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 32,343
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Watch out. There's been rumors of the Buffalo Bills moving to Toronto all season.
Why not? We already have a bad basketball team, a terrible hockey team and a go-nowhere baseball team. Might as well add a crap football team to the city to complete our four corners of failure.

__________________
Mandroid. Mercenary. Scientist. Ninja. Each one a specialist. Together they are ...

ELIMINATORS!
Coming January 31, 1986, to VHS and video CD
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #4766
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 37,080
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

A baseball team with two World Series. (thanks for beating the Braves in 92, I'm a Dodgers fan )

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #4767
Mystirious
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25,351
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Marx congratulations to you on coming out!

Best wishes to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel View Post
Very well put.....it is definitely the "white elephant" in the room.....and an argument that will not be going away anytime soon. That discussion may lessen through generations, but the question will always remain until significant medical data answers the question.
It is irrelevant whether being lgbt is a choice or not. Hope that does not sound rude Kel but really it does not matter

Whether it is or is not we deserve equal rights including the right to marry and we will have them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Lantern View Post
Sorry but I don't debate civil rights. They aren't up for debate. I stopped trying to debate with bigots like you a long time ago. If you're opposed to gay marriage I have EVERY right to call you a bigot. Just like I would be right to call you a bigot if you opposed equal rights for racial minorities.

I don't think bigotry is Christian.

And we do have the higher ground.

Don't want to get sucked into a useless debate with you...however I'd like to point out, with your line of thinking on the 14th Amendment, women aren't actually guaranteed equal rights under the Constitution either.


Agreed Violet Lantern

There is no valid reason why gay couples should not be allowed to marry

Gay marriage is going to be made legal no matter how much the idiots and the bigots try to prevent it

Nobody on heaven or earth has the right to tell us that we cannot marry least of all the general public and the voters

No one should have the right to vote against gay marriage. It should be legalised

It is irrelevant whether everybody likes it or not. Just as it was irrelevant when interracial marriage was legalized


Last edited by Mystirious; 01-26-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Mystirious is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #4768
Marx
Pixelated
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,034
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystirious View Post
Marx congratulations to you on coming out!

Best wishes to you
Thank you! I feel very liberated.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #4769
Mystirious
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25,351
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
Thank you! I feel very liberated.


Hope it goes well when you come out to friends and family too

Mystirious is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #4770
Mystirious
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25,351
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together ... mass hysteria!!!"

Mystirious is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #4771
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 53,331
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
Thank you! I feel very liberated.
That's awesome, and I hope that everything works out for you and your family.

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 08:56 PM   #4772
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 69,056
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystirious View Post
It is irrelevant whether being lgbt is a choice or not. Hope that does not sound rude Kel but really it does not matter

Whether it is or is not we deserve equal rights including the right to marry and we will have them

I think it was very clear in my post that I was talking about society as a whole...not my own personal opinion. I am a realist, I see people's perception, and I understand that that is their truth, and I work from there....forcing people to change, does not work. You do it legislatively in areas where it is needed, and you allow society to evolve. At this point, I believe what I said is the belief of society as far as the majority, not my personal opinion...if you will read the post, rather than trying find me to be something I'm not...you might understand my posts better.

I have stated, SEVERAL TIMES that I am for equality in all areas....I, however, do not agree with your over zealousness in your attempt to force people to have a paradigm change that equals yours, I've said that several times as well. True change comes with respect, I do not respect your pushiness at all, and I have a feeling it turns people off that "could/would" otherwise take a very serious look at the Gay Rights issue.

So, even though we probably agree on much more than you know....your inability to see all sides makes it very hard to have a discussion with you.

__________________

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

Last edited by Kelly; 01-26-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Kelly is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 09:53 PM   #4773
Marx
Pixelated
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,034
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystirious View Post


Hope it goes well when you come out to friends and family too
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
That's awesome, and I hope that everything works out for you and your family.
I sincerely hope so. I really don't think my mom and younger brother will be an issue. The other two I honestly do not see going well...

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #4774
terry78
Will you shut up?!
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 75,032
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

Gotta do what you gotta do, man. Good show.

__________________
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses. - Henry Ford
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #4775
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights III

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.