The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 08-21-2010, 11:04 PM   #326
SpiderByte
Banned User

Default Re: HOT!!! New Interview w/ Bryan Singer! (August 20th)

Let's just treat it as a reboot. It makes it 9001 times cooler that way.

SpiderByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #327
JP
Smelly

Uh pretty sure you guys need to stop complaining about no Jean and Scott because they were already screwed up to the point of no return.
Plus they have had a lot of focus in the last few movies anyway and give it up!
-star_chaser65

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:27 PM   #328
Doctor Jones
No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan69 View Post
The focus on Wolv I dont believe was all Singer. How much faith did Fox have in the first film, well if you remember... not any! Rothman expected the film to fail.

Fox wanted X-Men to center around Wolverine because they didnt have any faith in the other characters. Wolverine was the draw.

XMen2 closed Woverines arc. No he didnt get all the answers he wanted, but theres a conclusion when he makes his choice, plainly stated in the scene when he walks away from Stryker.

Singer had to finish what was started - Wolverines character arc, and he knew full well that Dark Phoenix would have meant a juicy role for Cyclops and Marsden.

Its not Singers fault that Fox and the Suits interferred in Xmen3. Remember the turmoil about it at the time. Singer should have been signed and given the go ahead for the third film after X2 was so well received...and wasnt. Fox gave a list of demands, blah blah and Singer took a hike.

Killing Cyclops was a guideline given to the writers for third films script. Singers Xmen3(and he was considering filming 3 & 4 together) would have been drastically different.

IMHO theyre going so far back in the continuity to allow for 3 films before meeting up with the established canon, and we'll see Cyclops and Jean, front and center and focused on in films 2&3. There really arent too many other interesting X-Men out there they can fit in(Thunderbird, Sunfire,Polaris?). Cyclops & Jean should be major characters of sequels.

The thing is , Cyclops was never one of my fav characters in the book, but is pretty easily my fav movie version character.

Piz wrote:
"I have to say... I don't think I'm all that excited for this film anymore."

Im amazed to hear myself say this, but I think the opposite, Im actually enthusiastic they have enough faith in the characters to support the film instead of relying on the likes of Famke or Halle, who IMHO were bad casting choices. No Wolverine hogging the film, Havok, Beast, young Mystique, I think Bacon is going to rock as Sebastion Shaw..... Im ok with everything theyve announced so far.

Also given the creative team, who have seen over 10 years and multiple films what does and doesnt work..... Im looking foward to seeing where this is going.
I read your response to my post, and thanks for the info!

Yeah, Singer even admitted that Cyclops didn't have much to do in the commentary saying he wish Madsen had more to do. Hell, they cut a scene with Cyclops helping Xavier escape Stryker's facility but it was all Jason controlling Xavier to get him to get inside Cerebro.

I also think Wolverine was used because a)he is popular and b) he served as our window into the introduction of the X-Men world, commenting, asking questions about everything happening. So obviously the logical thing to do is when you do this, you have to use his arc and follow that up in the sequel.

Plus, my prediction still stands that this X-Men we'll see isn't the real offical X-Men. Just an attempt but it all goes wrong because of Xavier and Magneto falling apart. When they separate, Beast goes with Xavier, but not as an X-Men, just apart of his school instead. It's not until the main three come along the real X-Men form.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:40 PM   #329
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

That theory sounds like X-Men: Deadly Genesis except with the original team not being the original team instead of the Krakoa team not being the first ones to Krakoa. Is Havok going to end up like Vulcan then?

Personally, I'd rather they would have just showed them setting up the original team with guys like Scott and Jean joining at the end at a very young age. The older characters like Banshee, Beast, and Moira would have been involved with the making of the school. I don't like this idea of having Havok being 20 years older then Cyclops (and probably not even related to him) and part of a failed team of original X-Men. Nor do I think newer characters like Darwin or Angel should have seniority on the team over Jean, Storm, and (especially) Cyclops. Or having Mystique be an older X-Men that was more involved with the origins of the team then those three.

One thing that was important to Cyclops in the books was his veteran status as the first X-Men and if Singer couldn't even honor that in this film I don't see how he's going to honor Scott's leadership skills in the sequel (especially since he failed to do that in his previous X-Films already). If Cyclops is in the next movie I don't see any reason why Singer would plan to treat him any more fairly then he did in the past or then he is currently doing by keeping him out of this movie.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.

Last edited by Deaths Head II; 08-21-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:48 PM   #330
SpiderByte
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Uh pretty sure you guys need to stop complaining about no Jean and Scott because they were already screwed up to the point of no return.
Plus they have had a lot of focus in the last few movies anyway and give it up!
-star_chaser65
Scott had a lot of focus past X1?

Old 08-21-2010, 11:55 PM   #331
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Star, your current username is Star, and you're wrong.

Love,

Bamf

Old 08-21-2010, 11:58 PM   #332
FaT_tONle
Banned User

I'm telling you guys right now, if they do end up doing a FC 2 with the original team, don't bank on Scott returning for X-4. Whatever actor they get in 2013 will be too young for X-4 even if they wait a couple more years after that. They'd have to wait YEARS and by then I am sure whatever actor they get will have moved on. Same with McAvoy... he can't play a twin brother to Stewart any time soon (now that I bring it up... will James be playing his twin brother as well in this?). It just won't be believable. That's why I say **** X-4 and maybe we can actually get a decent prequel trilogy even though it won't have quite the same scope. I just don't want to hear people complain about Cyke if they get a prequel trilogy and are still upset that Cyke didn't return after X-3, assuming Fox still has the rights and maintains continuity. As far as the Alex Summers thing, the father angle makes more sense. But then they probably would have just used to same name in the comics instead of Havoc. He has to be playing an 18 year old in the early 70's and have a baby brother who was maybe thrown into a foster home. Maybe Havoc dies and Xavier watches over Scott like an Obi Wan Kenobi, never actually taking him under the wing until the final scene in Origins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
Then First Class 2 is made and Cyclops get a five second cameo at the end where he joins the school. Then in First Class 3 he gets another cameo where he is the class dork getting pushed around by all the other kids. Then they jump to X4 where the opening scene is Wolverine taking a dump on Cyclops' grave.
LOL !!!!

Last edited by FaT_tONle; 08-22-2010 at 12:33 AM.
FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:04 AM   #333
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAvenger4 View Post
The James Bond international thing=
I hope this means Charles is out on his boat banging chicks left and right and Magneto encapsulates a girl he sexed in molten metal

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:06 AM   #334
Ziggyman
Scar Jo = Ziggywoman

X4 is still happening?

H
a ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ehehe ahaha hoo hehaha, It's a funny world we live in!

Daddy's a jackass! Yes, run along now, junior -Conan O'brien

Now
In Colour!
Ziggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:14 AM   #335
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Nah it's not.... but Shuller Donner has talked about it with Singer, who is open to it. It is going to need to have an Episode I, Indy 4 type gap for a new generation. Right now we are stuck with X-3. As far as Marvel rebooting even when they get it back, I don't see that either. It would be a nightmare incorporating mutants into the MCU as of now. A NIGHTMARE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post
We can't have a reboot when new films from the franchise are still going on(ala Wolverine 2). Unless we are to believe they are both rebooting the same franchise that they are also continuing...
My head hurts....

Last edited by FaT_tONle; 08-22-2010 at 12:58 AM.
FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:10 AM   #336
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

just have cable get word from his"professor" computer thing that something is happening in the past. so he goes back to make sure his parents arent killed and he is born. take greymalkin back in time and leave it in earths orbit cloaked and have cable do some retcon on x3. or have him show up at the end of x2 and help the x-men escape. pryor shows up at the mansion looking for help. scott thinks its jean who might have lost here memory. then they fall in love have a kid and sinister shows up. jean also shows up and we got a wicked mess. maybe sinister finds jeans body in the lake and takes it back to his lab and clones it. to make sure the next evolution of mutants isnt lost with jeans death. sends his clone with a wiped memory to the mansion. everyone assumes its jean but she is just suffering from amnesia. then after her and scott fall in love and have a kid, the real jean shows up.

Last edited by misjuevos; 08-22-2010 at 01:29 AM.
misjuevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:27 AM   #337
Kurosawa
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
For Christ's sake....you still don't get it do you? It's not just about "sucking for sake of suck" because Cykes is not in the film. Let me help you:

Cyclops has played second fiddle to Bryan Singer's Golden Child (Wolverine) in the first two X-films and then was unceremoniously killed at the beginning of X3, so that Wolverine could command his X-Men team and face his longtime love Jean as the Dark Phoenix. Translation: Scott has been in Logan's shadow from day one. He even lost his girl to him. That is all kinds of f****d up. Therefore, Cyclops has never enjoyed the true leadership status that he has had in Marvel comics for the greater part of 40 years.

Now, in a timeframe when he is supposed to be Xavier's first recruit (the ORIGINAL X-Man) he is not even going to be in the film. Instead his younger brother is taking that space.

You honestly don't understand the fan's outrage over this?
Agree 100%. To hell with the X-Men movieverse. It is totally dead to me. I'll never spend another cent on it, and I haven't since X2. They can all burn in hell. **** them.

Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:50 AM   #338
illest urban
Que3r Fanboy

^s-hitsweak!

Seriously!?!? #deleteyouraccount

I'm with Eddy. Team Norton.
[=]
equality.

In Singer I Trust. | McAvoy -- Fassbender -- Bacon. | X-Men: First Class | June 3, 2011
illest urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:59 AM   #339
Ipodman
Love Tension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
Agree 100%. To hell with the X-Men movieverse. It is totally dead to me. I'll never spend another cent on it, and I haven't since X2. They can all burn in hell. **** them.
Well... I saw The Last Stand and Wolverine in theaters...

But First Class? Suddenly I dont feel like going anymore

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:42 AM   #340
david icke
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post

One thing that was important to Cyclops in the books was his veteran status as the first X-Men and if Singer couldn't even honor that in this film I don't see how he's going to honor Scott's leadership skills in the sequel (especially since he failed to do that in his previous X-Films already). If Cyclops is in the next movie I don't see any reason why Singer would plan to treat him any more fairly then he did in the past or then he is currently doing by keeping him out of this movie.
I think you are maybe overestimating the importance of cyclop's status as the 1st x-Man. Yes, it always gave him that special kind of relationship with Xavier, as he was his first pupil, and in a way they put the team together, em , together.
and we got a wee look into that special relationship in the 1st movie when he was at Xavier's bedside,..'Whatever happens...I'll take care of them.'

But, they can establish this special relationship he has with Xavier through other means, Cyclops could be the one who brings the team truly together with his leadership skills later on.
His character is about way more than being the 1st X-Man, the same stories can be told with the character if they change that about a little.

edit: think about it this way...Cyclops and Jean would most likely be overshadowed again in this kind of movie that has a focus on Xavier and Magneto having their bust up. In a sequel we can have Cyke and Jean come into the new Magneto-less school, and help form the first fully functional, here to stay, X-Men.
I loved the early X-Men books when i was a kid, Cyclops was my fav of that line-up, so we can get that storyline in a sequel, totally foucusing on Cyclops being afraid of his power, being in love with Jean, being all shy and reticent, and Jean trying to bring him out of that etc. Have patience young Padawan.

Last edited by david icke; 08-22-2010 at 07:02 AM.
david icke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:16 AM   #341
Obsidian Idea
The light is blinding

Cool Re: HOT!!! New Interview w/ Bryan Singer! (August 20th)

...I wouldn't be surprised if we were being thrown a huge curveball and all we "think" we know and all we've "told" is nothin more than smoke and mirrors.

I sure wouldn't give comic fans the truth...we're too judgmental and legalistic...we can't all be satisified. The moment someone is cast, someone cries about how he/she isn't right for the role or the plot sucks or we don't like this...I'd keep everyone guessing until the movie came out...

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27 (New King James Version)
Obsidian Idea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:24 AM   #342
J.Howlett

This version of First Class works if you discount Wolverine and The Last Stand. It's really that simple.

I'm hoping Vaughn and Singer are doing this...and considering Vaughn's statements past and present on The Last Stand, it wouldn't surprise me one bit that they're just retconning The Last Stand and Wolverine.

It's the only way this film makes any sense.

And considering most fans of this franchise don't particularly like those two films, I don't really see what the issue is with the storyline Singer and Vaughn have created with First Class.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #343
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

im just glad we get costumes. if it works then other films in the future will not be afraid of using them. so regardless of how the movie turns out, if we can get that out of it then im happy. i mean the ff were the only ones to use their costumes so far.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #344
Casius--J
Web Master

Damn I really was looking forward to this movie but after receiving confirmation that Cyclops won't be in it my interest has dipped. Not to the point that I won't watch it however, just not looking forward to it as much as I was.

The classic costumes and the 60's setting sounds good to me though.

Looks like I'll have to wait a good few years for this movieverse to die and to get a reboot in order to get a chance to see a true representation of Cyclops and the X-Men

Old 08-22-2010, 09:38 AM   #345
CyclopsSummers
Side-Kick

Quote:
Alex Summers is a part of the X-Men 15/20 years before his brother.
Maybe no X-men in this 1st class.
Xavier didnt create x-men team yet in 60's it will be in 80's.

At the beginning they wanted to make 1st Class project which will focus on young x-men team (young Scott Jean Hank Ororo) but they fail, this movie finally follows Xavier and Magneto in 60's.

CyclopsSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #346
bunk
superhero fan

At this point, I'm feeling like First Class will probably be the best X-Men movie to date. I don't have high hopes for this one to make much sense in relation to the others, but viewed separately I think it will work. Of course this is coming from someone who doesn't like the other X-Men movies all that much.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #347
SpiderByte
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
Such a good franchise gone so wrong...

It all started with the directing change.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #348
conan69
Cimmerian

Wolverine isnt Singers goldenchild - hes FOXs.

Singer has stated that like many, his fav era was the Bryne/Claremont stuff, with his favorite storyline being Proteus(who I think we'll see in a FC sequel).
Wolverine was a VERY different character then. Until the Hellfire Club stuff,"Now its my turn".... Wolverine really didnt do much.
He was more mouth than anything else and often got his ass handed to him in fights. Colossus took him out with one punch, and even Cyclops manhandled him during the Proteus story.

Wolverine became more powerful and invincible as he became more popular, and I dont think Singer has any love for Wolverine above other characters, but Fox thought that Wolverine was THE SELL.

Theyve FINALLY realized that X-Men doesnt need Wolverine to work. This is one thing TLS shows. The best parts of that film are stuff NOT involving Wolverine (or Jean or Xavier). Beast, Kitty, Iceman, Mystique,Pyro,etc easily carry the film.

"Once again, science saves the day. The end."
-Hubert J. Farnsworth
conan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #349
psyonic
X-Man

The Last Stand sucked. Wolverine sucked. It's no secret. If they are forgetting about those two movies to make First Class and to improve the movieverse, then what's the problem?

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #350
Kurosawa
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
Such a good franchise gone so wrong...

It all started with the directing change.
They've all sucked, but at one time it was salvageable. No Wolverine is the only thing this movie has going for it.

Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote