The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #176
webs
Side-Kick

Default Re: Judge Dredd Reboot!! - Part 2

When will they update the internation BO.. has been the same for the past 3 weeks..!! lol

Old 10-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #177
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by webs View Post
When will they update the internation BO.. has been the same for the past 3 weeks..!! lol
Yep. Still, as I've already stated, the total so far is about $16 million($29 ww). Just add all the numbers up.

Last edited by rogue trooper; 10-11-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #178
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Maybe. Personally, I think best case scenario is that we get a tv show out of it, although thinking about it that actually may not be the worst thing in the world.
Well yeah, in an ideal world I would want sequels, but I would rather have a TV show than nothing, and you never know, with the right talent, they could definately make it work, could be like a Sci-fi GOT.

I think a good model for this movie would be Serenity, that movie made its budget back WW and then did well on DVD/BD and was generally loved. The only problem is, that movie got neither a sequel or a follow-up TV series.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-10(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(11)John Wick 2-8(12)Split-8(13)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(14)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(15)Justice League-7(16)Alien Covenant-7(17)Ghost In The Shell-7(18)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(19)The Dark Tower-4(20)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
Old 10-13-2012, 02:43 AM   #179
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Any ideas on a Blu ray release date? I've seen Jan 22 but surely it would more sense to get it out for Christmas?

Old 10-13-2012, 02:57 AM   #180
jacobed
Banned User

It'll be out before Christmas. It's already basically out of theatres

Old 10-13-2012, 03:23 AM   #181
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
It'll be out before Christmas. It's already basically out of theatres
I guess that is the only upside to the movie flopping.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:44 AM   #182
obin_gam
Side-Kick

It came to my country yesterday and after a few beers me and a mate went to see it and it was G L O U R I O U S I seriously cant find one fault in it. Perfect movie.

- Gene Wilder
Old 10-13-2012, 05:00 AM   #183
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obin_gam View Post
It came to my country yesterday and after a few beers me and a mate went to see it and it was G L O U R I O U S I seriously cant find one fault in it. Perfect movie.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Anderson is taken out by her hostage, why couldn't she sense that was going to happen? Sure they can explain that away by saying she has to concentrate to read minds but they never tell us this.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:20 AM   #184
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

^I dont know if you forgot but they were at gun point with those kids that Dredd was trying to talk down, she was probably concentrating on handling them rather than worrying what the hostage was doing.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-10(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(11)John Wick 2-8(12)Split-8(13)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(14)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(15)Justice League-7(16)Alien Covenant-7(17)Ghost In The Shell-7(18)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(19)The Dark Tower-4(20)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
Old 10-13-2012, 07:23 AM   #185
obin_gam
Side-Kick

Exactly, I'm sure she knew he was going to do something but since they hade two guns pointed at them they really couldnt do anything at all.

- Gene Wilder
Old 10-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #186
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Be honest guys, you were thinking 'why doesn't she sense this' while you were watching it. Admit it.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #187
obin_gam
Side-Kick

True, but it didnt bother me.

- Gene Wilder
Old 10-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #188
Valaquen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Be honest guys, you were thinking 'why doesn't she sense this' while you were watching it. Admit it.
I can't recall her having the equivalent of spidey sense in the comics (she can be caught off guard) and she's a rookie in this movie. So it never bothered me. It never even came to my mind.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #189
GENERAL RAAM582
A Rebellion Built on Hope

It was out of my theater before the third weekend of its release. Shame I didn't get around to seeing it. I'm guessing a sequel is not really possible.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #190
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
It was out of my theater before the third weekend of its release. Shame I didn't get around to seeing it. I'm guessing a sequel is not really possible.

You never know. Boondock Saints somehow got a sequel and I'm pretty sure (I haven't checked, but it's a safe assumption) that it made less money than Dredd. It'll be a shame if there's no sequel, because we'll never get to explore the city.

Still, the world of Judge Dredd is ripe and screaming for an open-world video game.

Last edited by James; 10-13-2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: I wrote "Jude Dredd".
Old 10-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #191
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
You never know. Boondock Saints somehow got a sequel and I'm pretty sure (I haven't checked, but it's a safe assumption) that it made less money than Dredd. It'll be a shame if there's no sequel, because we'll never get to explore the city.
I'm hoping that it gets a sequel as well.

"The Boondock Saints" made something like $40K with a $5mil budget. DVD sales really helped to push the sequel, which did a lot better. I'm hoping that's what happens with Dredd.
Quote:
Still, the world of Judge Dredd is ripe and screaming for an open-world video game.
That would be awesome, and if that were to ever happen I would hope they get Urban to reprise the role.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #192
GoldCrest
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Well yeah, in an ideal world I would want sequels, but I would rather have a TV show than nothing, and you never know, with the right talent, they could definately make it work, could be like a Sci-fi GOT.
Wouldn't they need to cast someone else as Dredd and Anderson if a tv series materialized? Would Karl Urban entertain with the idea of being in a tv series? I rather have a sequel with Urban as Dredd and Thilby as Anderson since I enjoyed their portrayals.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #193
obin_gam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCrest View Post
Wouldn't they need to cast someone else as Dredd and Anderson if a tv series materialized? Would Karl Urban entertain with the idea of being in a tv series? I rather have a sequel with Urban as Dredd and Thilby as Anderson since I enjoyed their portrayals.
The era of television series as the lower class of screen storytelling is long gone mate. HBO and AMC have seen to it that stars nowadays dont have any problems doing a tv-series.

- Gene Wilder
Old 10-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #194
Spark
Side-Kick

Besides my personal desire for a TV series being quite low, it seems most sci-fi is lucky if it's not axed after a single season. It's bad enough bombing at the cinema without throwing a failed TV jolly in there too. I'd rather everyone involved just walked away with their dignity, proud in what they have actually achieved in terms of product, and you never know what can happen further on down the line.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #195
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think the question is; why wouldn't he? It's not like Urban is in a stardom status like Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, or Michael Fassbender right now. As I've said before, if someone like James Purefoy, Thomas Jane, Anna Paquin, Sean Bean, Rose Byrne, Ray Stevenson, or Joel Kinnaman can do both film and tv work, so can Karl Urban.

Last edited by rogue trooper; 10-13-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #196
James
Built from Lego

Given where Karl Urban started out, I seriously doubt he'd have any problem doing TV.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #197
Spark
Side-Kick

I'm gutted for the fans but also for the actors. These were two good roles to get stuck into over course of a franchise. Not that they'll have much of a problem finding work, but still..

Old 10-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #198
GoldCrest
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
Besides my personal desire for a TV series being quite low, it seems most sci-fi is lucky if it's not axed after a single season. It's bad enough bombing at the cinema without throwing a failed TV jolly in there too. I'd rather everyone involved just walked away with their dignity, proud in what they have actually achieved in terms of product, and you never know what can happen further on down the line.
That's my main problem with sci-fi tv series. A lot of them are cancel unless they are on syfy.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:44 AM   #199
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

I would have no problem with a one and done season with the principle actors. I definately think they can hit the main Dredd storylines in a single season.

12 episodes.
Judge Death
Cursed Earth
Judge Caligula
Judge Child
City of the Damned
Dark Judges

Old 10-15-2012, 07:10 AM   #200
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
That's my main problem with sci-fi tv series. A lot of them are cancel unless they are on syfy.
The funny thing is that the original idea for the Judge Dredd tv show a few years back was that it would be made as a a Sci-Fi Channel [now Syfy] production.